Carolyn Hennesy Talks True Blood (And Chris Meloni’s Character!) {SPOILERS}

Carolyn Hennesy joins the cast of True Blood this season as one of the vampires on the Authority Council. In an interview with Lena Lamoray, Carolyn gushes over the show (she’s a newbie Truebie), talks about her favorite characters, reveals a little about her own character, and – SPOILER ALERT – confirms our speculation about who Chris Meloni is playing. Here’s an excerpt from the interview:

Lena:  How did she become an Authority Council Member?

Carolyn Hennesy:  She was made an Authority Council Member by the Guardian, Chris Meloni’s character (Roman).  This happened centuries ago so what their relationship was like, we don’t know yet.  If the Authority has been around 2000 years then she has been a member for 1900 years.  As long as the Authority has been around she’s pretty much been a part of it.

Lena:  What characters are we going to be seeing her with the most?

Carolyn Hennesy:  All of my other Authority members as it stands now like Christopher Heyerdahl (as Dieter Braun), Peter Mensah (as Kibwe), and Chris Meloni.  There are some huge, huge political battles being fought in the vampire world this season.  There are a lot of heavy duty and very important council meetings.

Lena:  I hope you filmed some scenes with Alexander Skarsgård because he is my favorite.

Carolyn Hennesy:  Well, I have worked and I can tell you that I have worked with Alexander and Stephen and I count myself as pretty much the luckiest gal on the face of this Earth because…(expressed with a sultry voice) yes, I have worked with them (laughing).

(Read the full interview here…including which “Team” she’s on…)

1. SgtSnell

April 12, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I started reading about the spoiler then stopped. I noticed there was a discrepancy. In season 3 when Eric was giving his testimony about Russel to Nan & The Authority Eric mention The Authority has only been around for 400yrs. In this spoiler they state The Autority has been around for 2000yrs. Has anyone else picked up on this?

• Jon

April 13, 2012 at 9:02 pm

There was no discrepancy; She was using it as an example. She says “if” the Authority was around for 2,000 years, she’s been there for 1,900. She was just expressing that her member of the authority has been there since basically the outset.

2. Nothinbutjoy

April 12, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Yes, I noticed that, but she said “if” The Authority has been around 2,000 years etc. I think she was saying it more as an example that she’s been in The Authority from basically the beginning.

She really dropped a lot of spoilage! Sounds like her character might be pretty fun.

3. Ampurp

April 13, 2012 at 12:21 am

Christopher Heyerdahl was one of the very few bad guys that I ever loved on Supernatural, so I super excited that both he and Chris Meloni are going to be on this season.

It sounds like four or five of the top Authority members are coming down to Bon Temps for a very special reason. I doubt it is just about Eric and Bill killing Nan, I think it is about Russell and maybe some other rouge vamps.

• Ampurp

April 13, 2012 at 12:23 am

Correction, stupid auto-correct it should be “I’m” and “rogue vamps”

4. Bethany

April 13, 2012 at 2:11 am

I totally agree that Eric fans far outweigh the Bill fans, especially among the people (like myself) who read the books. I think that AB will be a Bill/Sookie fan til the end, and maybe she was just buttering him up a bit??? And I did notice the discrepency but figure again, she is new, and maybe she just doesn’t follow such things as closely as us incredibly diehard fans do. Thankfully, unless they try to say it in the show, it isn’t really that big a (TB) sin. he he Just so glad that they are giving us some insight into what Christopher Meloni is going to be up to. I have enjoyed Carolyn Hennessey’s work for years, always more in the background, but also always memorable. It should be fun to see what she does with this roll. And maybe in future intierviews she will have a better grasp on exactly the phenomenon that she has had the luck to be a part of.

5. Mel

April 13, 2012 at 9:20 am

This is not a thread about Team Bill vs. Team Eric. Please stop trying to turn every post into that same tired old debate.

• esw45

April 13, 2012 at 10:29 am

Mel, the interviewer did bring up with Carol Hennessy that she was team Eric and she said she was team Sam, so it is part of the thread about teams too.

April 13, 2012 at 10:36 am

But that’s not what THIS thread is about. It’s about season 5 and the spoilers Carolyn revealed in her interview. I’m tired of threads degenerating into the Team vs. Team debate. It will never be settled because it’s based on personal preference; let’s move on.

• esw45

April 13, 2012 at 10:41 am

I agree it will never stop either because a great deal of TB popularity is based on the team vs team crap that AB endorses.

Carol Hennessy didn’t say much more about her character or the authority that she did in a previous interview that she had done before.

April 13, 2012 at 10:56 am

She confirmed who Chris Meloni is playing (yay!), and revealed which cast members she’s been working with, so we have some additional speculation material to work with now. I think that, couple with the promo from a couple of weeks ago, we can pretty much confirm that Eric & Bill are dealing with Authority stuff this season, at least for the first half. Meaning they have a storyline apart from Sookie.

• esw45

April 13, 2012 at 11:23 am

Yes they do and I believe that Eric and Bill will be dealing with the authority problems probably thru the first eight or nine episodes then my guess is Rusell will bring them and Sookie together for the last three episodes which should be explosive…..i also believe that someone we have known on TB has helped free him and get him back healthy again and it will definitely surprise us as to who that person is…..i am thinking possibily a were.

• Ampurp

April 14, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I think the Authority problems will last the entire season, I hope that it will be the main plot and some of the characters are dealing with their own stuff on the side. TB needs to get back to the style of season one and two where there is cohesion with an overall plot affecting everyone and side stuff going on.

@esw45
          It would be awesome if a were helped Russell but considering how old he is, I think it was one of his vampires. I can bet that over half of the Authority hates the Authority and appreciated Russell ripping spines. Lets be real the weres he employed still hated him and could find vamp blood other places.

• Jayden Matthews

April 14, 2012 at 8:05 am

Good for you Mel! True Blood is bigger than “whose the hottest”. This isn’t Twifart, for heaven’s sake!

6. OrdinaryfoolisNJ

April 15, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I’ve loved Chris Meloni since OZ. When I first saw his naked beauty sauntering through the prison shower – well, lets just say – WOWWEEEEEEEE!!!! Thanks for the interview.

Interesting season ahead – I hope. I felt that a lot of the with and creative fun humor was missing in season 4. The humor is what keeps me on board with the series – well, along with the romance, which was also completely horribly written and un-sexy in season 4 of TB. In fact, I was rather awed at how Alan Ball and crew could ruin my favorite book – and so were my family and friends who I turned onto the book series!!!!!

Hopefully this Texas “broad” (along with the yummy and FUNNY Chris) will bring back the wit and fun and POP back into season 5. The “politics” is key to how this series will end, so we really need it to be well played and written in season 5.

I really, really hope the show is improved – as for the first time I am NOT jumping up and down excited about either the new season OR the new book!! The last two years, I did everything in my power to find spoilers and to get the books early (which I did both years). This year…blah. I’ll read it when I read it. I’ll see it when I see it. Which is a letdown for me.

Just a note to the person who complained that every thread is being turned into “Team” somebody (in her case – she was complaining about Eric).

I am Team Eric. The fact is that the Sookie Stackhouse series is MORE romance than para…. series. That works fine for me as my fav genres are romance and biography. Give me straight reality (bio) or complete fantasy (romance – which is even more fantasy than para)!

The fact that there are beings beyond those of humans is an aside for me. What’s important is WHY the characters do what they do. Why they change and evolve – and that’s nothing to do with vampire or were – its to do with how caring and love causes these characters to sacrifice and grow. Or how lack or care and love has caused them to be cold and evil. Whether it be friendship family or romance – the point is love. So far, the most important arcs have come due to romantic love – so naturally we gravitate towards teams (Bill getting the best showing in the TV show and Eric better portrayed in the books).

Whatever – please, please bring back the humor – the second most important thing about either the book or series.

NJfromLA

April 15, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I’m the “person” you referred to, and I’m also co-owner of this site and a fan of Sookie since the first book was published in 2001. I have no problem with fans having their preference for who Sookie should end up with; I do have a problem with the evangelistic fervor some of those fans have in promoting their choice even when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. And since it’s my site, I have the right to request that we stay on topic.

That said, I’m very much looking forward to seeing Chris Meloni on True Blood. I’m sorry you aren’t looking forward to this season or to Book 12 (read it a few weeks ago; thought it was terrific), but I hope you tune in to see what they have Chris doing!