True Blood Season 5 Sneak Peek: Sam & Luna {SPOILERS} {UPDATED}

The latest True Blood season 5 teaser video features Sam and Luna sitting in her livingroom. Luna is clearly distraught about something, and Sam is offering his support when something makes a noise off-screen. Take a look

Now, is Luna upset about Marcus’ death? And Sam is playing dumb? I don’t think she’d refer to Marcus and his cronies as “wonderful people”, so it seems like someone else close to Luna has been harmed. What do you think?

UPDATED 04.23.12: Thanks to True Blood fan krystalskyi, we have the rest of the scene from HBO GO:

1. Ampurp

April 22, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I would guess that it was the other shifters they run with. I would assume that Luna knew them longer and their death/injury would affect her more.

2. sara

April 22, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I may sound stupid but I just watch season 2 loved it but for some reason don’t wanna go back and watch season 1. can I do that or would it enrich the show if I went ahead and watched it?

• Team Sook

April 22, 2012 at 10:32 pm

You don’t sound stupid and you should go back and watch season 1, it was really good. But its your choice if you want to go ahead. But before you do let me ask you, “Don’t you want to see how it all began?’

3. Jade

April 22, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I think Marcus’s pack may have taken Lunas daughter because they may think that Luna had something to do with his death. (I dont think they ever found out it was really Alcide who killed Marcus) I also think that maybe Marcus’s mother took Lunas daughter because like her son she doesnt want her grandaughter to be raised by a shifter

• Whitney

April 25, 2012 at 6:54 pm

You realize they were just talking about how luna’s daughter was in the other room. So no, no one took her daughter.

4. Elisha_Q

April 23, 2012 at 3:02 am

May be they got to Luna’s parents. Another boring story about Luna, AB has totally ruined the kick-ass character from the books. I would have loved to see a ware-bat – guess there aren’t so many trained bats.

April 23, 2012 at 9:31 am

Based on a 30 second clip of Luna grieving over something, you’ve decided that Luna’s story is boring and her character is ruined? Awesome.

• Bethany

April 23, 2012 at 10:53 am

Although I don’t agree that the story is boring, I do agree it would have been cooler if she were a were-bat. I also agree that the reason they probably did this was because there are not many trained bats, and the show tries to use real animals over computer ones as much as possible. Or maybe the bats upset the wolves??? Just defending the opinion of a fellow poster. I don’t have to agree, to understand where Jade is coming from. ๐Ÿ™‚

April 23, 2012 at 11:06 am

Sure, having Luna be a were-bat might have been cool, but that doesn’t mean that because she isn’t then her season 5 storyline is boring by default. I’m getting pretty tired of people making assumptions that this storyline or that character is boring/going to suck/has been ruined based on a few seconds of footage or a casting call.

• Elisha_Q

April 23, 2012 at 12:03 pm

About the bats – may be they can only live in caves and I am not sure anyone can own a cave ๐Ÿ™‚

• Elisha_Q

April 23, 2012 at 11:51 am

I meant that she probably will be the same boring character she was last season with another dramatic event happening to her. That girl is only drama and trouble, and I am not saying it because Sam probably just got shot at – it was his decision to start a relationship with her and he’s got to bear the consequences. I am just saying that Luna from the books would have had a gun or something else somewhere near just in case Marcus’s family comes to seek revenge. And she is looking out the window, that is like getting your head up to see who is firing the machine gun instead of finding a way to get out of the line of fire and call 911 or find a rifle. That is just my opinion that she is boring anyway. Hope I was not too harsh.

April 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Well, you did say “another boring story about Luna”. Perhaps if you had made yourself a little clearer?? Maybe this season you will get to see Luna fire up. It could be that circumstances are leading up to that. You don’t know what’s going to happen yet. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Elisha_Q

April 23, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Hope that happens cause I sense that Janina can really play fired up Luna and add some of her own sense of humor into the character. ๐Ÿ™‚ That would be gooooood.

5. Belle

April 23, 2012 at 3:20 am

Damn I forgot how sexy his voice is! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Can’t wait to see what’s happening here, I too immediately thought of it referring to parents or relatives of Luna – perhaps some weres trying to get revenge on Sam by hurting those around him?

6. Bethany

April 23, 2012 at 10:56 am

I am running the opinion that they are referring to the family of Marcus in this promo. “They were good people” leads me to believe that she can’t believe they would do something bad, and is defending their actions a bit. Weather the grandparents took Luna’s daughter, or weather they are threatening to, I think it is a reference to their response to his death. I can’t remember from previous posts if they are casting Debbie Pelt’s parents/sister or not, so they may be running the bulk of that storyline through Marcus as well. Which means some crazy in-laws to deal with. LOL

7. Liz

April 23, 2012 at 11:39 am

Where is the assumption that someone has taken Luna’s daughter come from? Sam heard a noise and Luna told him it was Emma, and that she had been having trouble sleeping lately. Clearly she was still there.

Any no one is wondering who got shot??!!

8. Chris2163

April 23, 2012 at 1:08 pm

In book 5 someone is shooting all the shifters around town ( sweetie ) and I’m guess this is when sam get shot in the leg and Luna friends as well ๐Ÿ™‚ can’t wait to see how this plays out !! The shifters better watch out !!!

9. Rina

April 23, 2012 at 1:23 pm

How about we wait until S5 actually starts before we start freaking out or condemning the characters as boring? I’m sure Sam and Luna storyline will have a purpose like it always does. It’s nice for Sam to have a love interest and someone to protect and care for.

10. AmaZen

April 23, 2012 at 2:56 pm

It’s not Luna finding out about Marcus’ death – she was on-site when Marcus was killed, so she already knows that. I agree with Chris2163 that the plot will have something to do with shifters being shot. Probably a shifter couple has been murdered & that’s what Luna’s grieving over. Possibly someone is taking a shot at Sam, because he’s a shifter. If he’s hurt, I’m guessing it won’t be enough to keep him tied to Merlotte’s as in the books because that would limit the story possibilities for him and Luna.

Granted this Luna isn’t a feisty little firecracker like in the books, but I like her because she is mature and level-headed. Bon Temps needs a few of those!

11. MissTara

April 23, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I love Sam. He is so sexy and sweet. I really don’t like Luna. She is boring. Sam needs someone exciting.

12. Blake

April 24, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Sweetie shooting the shifters like in the books?

13. Chris2163

April 24, 2012 at 1:26 pm

so if season 5 is doing this plot line kinda like book 5 and the shifters/weres are getting hurt but i’m sure it will be different from the book becasue Sweetie is the one shoting the shifters cause she got bit and became some kind of were/shifter then became full of hate towards them and wanted revange!! BUTTT in AB’s world of TB you are born a shifter/were and getting bit won’t turn you its only hereditary. So i’m wondering how there gonna do this because they cast Sweet??????…….I JUST THE WAIT TO BE OVER!!

14. Betty Rabideau

April 24, 2012 at 5:30 pm

It’s obvious… there is an assassin shooting shifters & weres, and it sounds like Sam just got shot!

April 24, 2012 at 9:10 pm

LOL, this is True Blood, nothing is ever as it seems!

15. Junior@psychic love readings

April 25, 2012 at 6:37 am

I was able to find good advice from your blog articles.

16. Whitney

April 25, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Yeah I do think someone possibley killed or hurt Luna’s parents. I agree someone is definitley pissed off and wanting revenge either on the people closest to Luna or shifters in general…not sure. Sam’s definitley shot, hurt definitley not killed.

17. Poinciana

April 26, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Do you remember that Luna said last season that her mother died in child birth? So, it’s not something happening to her parents.
    I agree with the line of thought that shifters are being shot.
    AB deviates in the details but generally follows the high points of the stories in the books. I do wonder if there will be a Charles, vampire/pirate? I haven’t seen anything that would support it.

18. ALICIA

April 30, 2012 at 4:50 am

I smell a set up!!

19. Dasie

May 1, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Oh, my God, I hope Sam doesn’t get hurt. I saw a spoiler on YouTube that said that Sam will possibly get shot seeing as how Luna was looking out the window.