True Blood Radio 173: Season 5 Teasers

With True Blood season 5 just a few weeks away, HBO has been releasing some teasers with new footage for us to speculate about, plus we have news about a baby, reviews of Deadlocked, Charlaine Harris intel, new photos, and more to discuss this week.

Things We Talked About:

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes or Stitcher, or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. esw45

April 24, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I agree that maybe Alcide is dragging a person for maybe food for a certain ancient vampire? Mel I also agree that people that are complaining about how Eric and Sookie aren’t together yet….that they need patience because it will happen maybe not when they want it to…..but it will.

April 26, 2012 at 10:10 am

All in good time, right? They both need a chance to mature a little more (even 1,000-year-old vampires can be immature) before coming back together.

• esw45

April 26, 2012 at 3:11 pm

In Eric’s case Mel since I believe he has probably never been in love before…..he needs some maturing even more so.

2. Sookieeleana

April 25, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Really enjoyed listening as usual. So happy you are going to be covering Harper Connelly. Jennifer Lawrence would have been wonderful – shame she’s a big movie star now.

You know I’m an Eric fan and in our defense perhaps we get a little impatient as we know there won’t be 13 seasons and we worry they aren’t going to include the relationship between S/E from the later books in the show. They may just run out of time if they don’t hurry it up. Eric getting his memories back and saying he loves her a lot sooner on the show should hopefully help speed the dynamic up!

I can’t wait for your Deadlocked broadcast next week so we can finally talk about it. I have a feeling you and I might agree to disagree on where CH is heading lol.

3. Sheryl Dennis

April 25, 2012 at 7:36 pm

You go girls. You rock. Thank you for all your hard work and for reminding everyone that the reason we watch (or read) Sookie and friends, is because we are all fans. We maybe drawn to the show for different reasons but the end result is the same, we are fans. W all want the same thing, for our girl to be happy. Well, this is True Blood and the sun don’t always shine and there are things that go bump in the night. Jut sit back and enjoy the ride because the rewards far out number the disappointments.

April 26, 2012 at 10:06 am

Thanks, Sheryl! I hope Sookie finds some happiness this season, bless her heart.

• Gracie

April 26, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I hope she does too just not with Alcide!

4. Wendy

April 26, 2012 at 7:52 am

I love the Kerrelyn Sparks seires “Love at Stake” I have all 12 books and they have very funny parts. I also love Jeaniene Frost series: Night huntress, Night Huntress World and I cant wait for Once Burn the first book in Night Prince series. With all three of the series it can be confusing but they really should be one series because the characters appear in all of the books some alittle some alot. I would also like to recommend a show on the SYFY channel it comes on Monday nights “Lost Girl” I love the show!!! Allthough it is the first season it is close to the end I would think but I highly recommend to watch hopefully you could find replays of the episodes it’s a great show.

I Love your podcasts you two are doing a GREAT JOB!!! love, love,love the spoilers!!!

April 26, 2012 at 10:08 am

Wendy, I haven’t started watching LOST GIRL yet, but I’ve met the two female leads and thought they were pretty cool.

Thanks for watching! Be ready for our spoilerific DEADLOCKED podcast next week. ;)

• Gracie

April 26, 2012 at 2:53 pm

You have to start watching it’s the coolest show on television it even makes me forget my other vampire shows and other supernatural series! It’s right up there with True Blood!