HBO Submits True Blood for Multiple Emmy Consideration

The 2011-2012 television season isn’t quite over yet, but networks are already submitting their For Your Consideration packages to the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for possible Emmy nominations. According to the Gold Derby website, here’s what HBO submitted for consideration from True Blood season 4 (season 5 premieres after the airdate deadline for this year’s Emmy’s):

BEST DRAMA SERIES:
True Blood

BEST DRAMA ACTRESS:
True Blood (Anna Paquin)

BEST DRAMA ACTOR:
True Blood (Stephen Moyer)

BEST DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
True Blood (Kristin Bauer)
True Blood (Fiona Shaw)
True Blood (Rutina Wesley)
True Blood (Deobrah Ann Woll)

BEST DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTOR:
True Blood (Nelsan Ellis)
True Blood (Ryan Kwanten)
True Blood (Joe Manganiello)
True Blood (Alexander Skarsgard)
True Blood (Sam Trammell)

Of all of these submissions, I think Skarsgard has the best chance at a nomination given his storyline in season 4. The Academy does like a good amnesia story! Good idea putting him in Supporting Actor contention, too; given the competition from male-dominated shows like Mad Men, House (final season),  Dexter, Breaking Bad, BossJustifiedBoardwalk Empire, and Game of Thrones, the Lead Actor race is going to be brutal. I do think Fiona Shaw could be a real contender for Supporting Actress, too. We’ll see when nominations are announced in July.

1. Carona

April 30, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Congrats to all of them . I hope that Alexander do win for season 4 .He was brilliant as Eric that season . love him

2. Lisa

April 30, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I have my fingers crossed for Nelsan Ellis! I think he is overlooked every year! I agree that Fiona & Alexander should be nominated as well. I can’t wait to find out!

3. AG

April 30, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I think Sam Trammel playing his brother shifted back into Sam was so great he deserves an Emmy!

4. Jules

April 30, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I like how you said its a good idea that Skarsgard is in support catagory. It’s as if you could already hear the fan complaints! ;)

April 30, 2012 at 5:44 pm

This ain’t my first rodeo. ;) But I really do think it was smart to go that route.

5. LJ

May 1, 2012 at 1:45 am

Has True Blood ever received any Emmy noms? If they haven’t had any luck for the past seasons, then I don’t think this one will be any different. And Alex wouldn’t stand much of a chance against Peter Dinklage(Game of Thrones), Aaron Paul(Breaking Bad), and Giancarlo Esposito(Breaking Bad). The supporting category is just as strong as the lead actor.

6. Elisha_Q

May 1, 2012 at 3:02 am

I have my fingers crossed for Kristin,Deborah, Nelsan, Alexander and Sam.