20 Hot New Photos from Season 5

HBO kicks off your weekend with presents from season 5 of True Blood. 20 hot, gorgeous photos from the coming season, including first looks at the Authority members and Chris Meloni. Sweet Heaven, he looks good in pinstripes! These stills are from the first four episodes and can be found below and in our gallery in all their delicious glory.

You’re welcome, Truebies!

Photos: John P. Johnson/HBO

1. Sammy

May 4, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Yay!! Christopher Heyerdahl will be making an appearance!! I love Sanctuary almost as much as True Blood-good show to watch while were waiting for the next season also! :)

2. Rina

May 4, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Where is Sam Merlotte?

3. Ampurp

May 4, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I am super excited for Christopher and Christopher but what is really going on with Lala’s hair? I know he has been through a lot and will not be his fabulous self but that just looks bad. I guess they will not release any pictures of Tara and Russell because they do not want to spoil the state they may be in but I am shock that there are no Jason or Sam pictures.

Pam looks good and I have not read any spoilers about the episode casting, so I am wondering who is the little boy? Will he be a variation of the turned royalty from the novels that they could not control? Or is he something else, like faerie or were?

May 4, 2012 at 10:11 pm

The little boy is none of those, Ampurp.

• Kenneth

May 5, 2012 at 2:54 am

The child is a member of The Authority- apparently he has a proclivity for smoking cigarettes. Lol. I’ve noticed in other series child actors tend to overdo it, but given that the casting in True Blood rarely disappoints I’m sure he’ll be an interesting and amusing character. I always get a kick out of Arlene’s kids, anyhow.

We won’t know anything about Tara until the premiere, they’re not gonna give us so much as a morsel to go on until then.

I feel as though for her to simply be dead with Lafayette communicating with her, given his new found gift, would be far too simple a plot line for the show. Also, given that a major aspect of this past season was the idea of restless spirits finding peace and accepting their fate-certainly in the finale- I think she’s going to be turned, and I think Pam will be her maker. Given their…sorted past that would be the most dramatic approach to such a scenario – and True Blood’s all about the dwama. = )

And, considering Debbie Pelt’s parent’s believe she’s missing, according to the casting calls, it stands to reason they had to cover up her death- which wouldn’t make sense if Tara did not survive because Sookie acted purely in self defense, so there would be no reason for a cover up. Also, the fact that in the Season 5 teaser Sookie and Lafayette are digging so close to Sookie’s house signifies that they aren’t trying to hide anything, they’re most likely burying Tara with her maker.

This plot choice would also coincide strongly with Alan Ball’s consistent parallel between Vampire Rights and Gay Rights. Tara’s hated vampire’s for the past couple of seasons- though certainly for rational and understandable reasons-so for her to become one would enlighten her as to the struggles, inconveniences, and nightly lives of the creatures she’s resented, somewhat blindly (Ignorant individuals hating gays and then taking the time to get to know one being the parallel) . Though, at the end of Season 4 she seems to have grown quite a bit and accepted that every vampire isn’t responsible for the horrendous acts committed by Franklin Mott, so that puts a bit of a hole in my Gay Right’s theory. =p

Jesus Jones! June 10th can’t come fast enough! I’m hoping for a genuine trailer this Sunday before Game of Thrones, these ‘Waiting Sucks’ just make me want bite someone! [Not really]

[...Kind of, though]

May 6, 2012 at 11:16 am

You don’t consider them referring to Tara has “resurfacing” a morsel? Or that Sookie has to go in search of her? Couple that with the casting calls for victims of a rogue vampire, and I think it’s pretty clear what she is.

• esw45

May 6, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I like Mel, seems more and more with every little info we get that Tara is turned by Pam. I figured that Pam showed up at Sookies looking for Eric and decided because Eric loves Sookie she would help her with Tara so that is my prediction.

• esw45

May 8, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I don’t think its far fetched Alcide despises vampires and he doesn’t just like Sookie he loves Sookie and Eric and Bill is in his way on getting with her…..beliweve me we will see a different side to him this season and I don’t like the weres personally because they are boring but aside from that whomever let Russell out will surprise and its not a vampire a vampire can’t touch silver chains to release Russell and I just think Alcide working with Russell would surprise the audience totally so we will see what they come up with

May 8, 2012 at 12:59 pm

It was never established that Alcide ‘loved’ Sookie. He was attracted to her and concerned for her but nothing more.

• esw45

May 8, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Liz, the season finale description stated Alcide wants tell the woman that he loves and something else and we know he told sookie some stupid logic about being with someone that is perfect for you and about love ….which I don’t agree with but I still think he is in with Debbie and is trying to act like he doesn’t care anymore.

May 8, 2012 at 1:38 pm

He never told her he loved her.

May 8, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Yeah, it was more like, “We’d be good together, and less complicated than our recent partners, so think about it…” That Alcide, such a romantic.

• Ampurp

May 8, 2012 at 8:51 pm

It seems as though you are inferring that Alcide despises vamps and set on making him a bad person. He has not told Sookie he loved her, we do not know if he does. I also do not understand your logic that because vampires cannot touch silver it means it is a were. Humans, faeries, witches, etc can all dig up concrete. No other vampires seem to know where Russell is, neither do any other weres. I do not think the glamour works on other vampires or weres, so how could he get them to dig him out? You seem set on making Alcide a bad guy and forgetting that in the season finale he found the hole and knew Russell escaped. Why show him surprised that Russell escaped if he did it?

• Shelli

May 6, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I doubt Tara’s going on the killing spree. But I think she’s going to be accuse for the disappearence of people.

Don’t forget about the 1st preview,it shown someone drags somebody in an abandoned warehouse or some place like that. I got feeling the rogue vampire to Russell. She’ll take the blame that she didn’t do.

May 7, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Russell has someone bringing him dinner in that preview. Not at all the same thing as a rogue vampire out terrorizing people on back roads, like we saw in the casting calls.

• esw45

May 7, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Yes someone was bringing Russell dinner I believe we have seen that person that was bringing him dinner before, maybe a certain were that hates Eric and Bill as well as Russell?

• Ampurp

May 8, 2012 at 12:56 am

We are assuming that someone is bringing Russell dinner but it could as easily be someone from the Authority doing a ritual. I have to be honest I do not think that the place looked that great and Russell had style; he would not have to hide in a crappy place with his money and connections. The Authority on the other hand would use locations like that to do their dirty work. We must remember that Nan was pro-Authority but she still drunk from humans.

I think Tara will be the rogue vampire because a newly turned vampire who might be missing brains and that possessed Tara’s attitude would definitely be rogue. I wonder what were @esw45 is talking about: Coot and his other pack members were all killed in season three, we do not know if Sam/Luna or any of the werepanthers knows about Russell, Marcus was killed last season, and Alcide likes Sookie and knows Russell wants to kill her, so why would he release Russell?

I cannot think of any other weres who were introduced that hate Bill and Eric or love Russell enough. I always thought it was Steve Newlin who stumbled upon it and the powerful Russell enticed him from beyond the concrete; hence him showing up a vampire the same night Russell is released. Russell was old and powerful, who knows what he could do, even in a weakened state.

May 8, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Russell may not have access to his usual resources if he doesn’t want it to be know that he has been released. If he is still recovering his strength he will stay where he can.

• esw45

May 8, 2012 at 10:03 am

@Ampurp I am talking about Alcide yes he likes Sookie but he hates Eric in particular and he doesn’t like Bill plus if Russell is out,there Sookie would need protection which I am sure he would offer to do that which would make her closer to him. He probably the guy in the promo with the leather coat that is dragging that guy for Russell to eat and by him freeing Russell i bet he has Russell swearing to leave Sookie alone which i believe Russell would do in the beginning because he owes him but he won’t stick to that promise eventually. Only 4 people knew where Russell were buried: Eric, Bill, Alcide and Pam and a vampire can’t touch the chains to free Russell but a strong were could thats my reason and i feel once Alcide killed Marcus and Debbie betrayed him he has changed into a darker person capable of anything.

• Ampurp

May 8, 2012 at 11:57 am

@esw45

I think that is a huge stretch, Alcide knows not to trust any vampire and I do not get the feeling Alcide actually hates Eric and Bill. Anyone hates being indebted to someone especially if they belong to a different species. I think he might dislike both because they are vampires but even after the debt was paid he still did stuff for Eric, even moved to Shrevport were Eric works. Why move to a town pretty much controlled by a vampire, if you hate him? He likes Sookie, enough that he would help her get Eric out of the sun, but he would release a vampire who is crazy and liar? Alcide killing Marcus was a were thing, I do not think he snapped beyond repair. Nor do I think he is stupid enough to bargain with a 2,800 vampire. Lets also not forget that Alcide found the hole when he was leaving, TB rarely does twist like that.

4. plasmate74

May 5, 2012 at 2:58 am

Chris Meloni looks bad-ass! Pam sexy as ever and Jessica just gets more lovely every season!

Season 5 is going to be such a treat. So excited to see the vampire Authority.

5. steph at fangs wands and fairy dust

May 5, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Who is the child? And, Why do al the women look as if their at a DYNASTY TV Series themed costume party?

May 6, 2012 at 11:13 am

The child is Alex, a vampire who was turned when he was 9 and is now part of the Authority Council.

6. Colleen

May 5, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Hey, Sharon Osbourne is on True Blood! She can definitely drink everybody’s blood on the show… :) Pam looks gorgeous and so does Jessica, I like the green in her hair. The young boy I believe is a vampire, on of the authority members. Alcide looks super hot! I hope to see him naked on the show. Yum!

7. caffeine

May 8, 2012 at 2:28 am

I am totally loving the Authority bling!!!! All the pendants, brooches and lapel pins – talk about advertising your secret society. Does the authority have a jeweller among their membership or do they have to get them made to order by humans? LMAO.
    That aside, I wonder if HBO will bring them out as merchandising…

8. LilyGee

May 9, 2012 at 11:30 am

I don’t know what’s going on anymore.
    It’s not like the book anymore:/

9. Suzanne

May 15, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Wow!! Love the Pics of Roman, Alcide and Pam.. I ask you can Pam Take a Bad Picture??. Even with her Rotting Face, She still looked Good.. I know!! I know!!! Hugh Pam Fan Here!!!