Synopses for First 3 Episodes of True Blood Season 5 {SPOILERS}

HBO released photos for True Blood season 5 yesterday, and now we also have synopses for the first three episodes of the season from SpoilerTV. They’re shorter than they have been in the past, though, and there is a HUGE spoiler in the second synopsis, so while everything looks pretty legit, we’re not 100% sure these are official.

Episode 5.01 – Turn! Turn! Turn!
Sookie and Lafayette clean up the Tara and Debbie Pelt mess; Bill and Eric are visited by the Vampire Authority; Sam and Alcide deal with an angry werewolf pack. (Written by Brian Buckner; directed by Daniel Minahan) (TV-MA) [AC, AL, V, N] ESP Playdates: 10, 13, 14 and 16

Episode 5.02 – Authority Always Wins
Tara resurfaces in Bon Temps; Pam recalls her human life and first encounter with Eric; Bill and Eric meet Salome at the Vampire Authority headquarters. (Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Michael Lehmann.) (TV-MA) [AC, AL, V, N] ESP Playdates: 17, 20, 21 and 23

Episode 5.03 – Whatever I Am, You Made Me
Bill and Eric barter for their lives with Roman, the head of the Authority; Jason reunites with his old high school teacher; Sookie searches for Tara. (Written by Raelle Tucker; directed by David Petrarca.) (TV-MA) [AC, AL, V, N] ESP Playdates: 24, 27, 28 and 30

“Tara resurfaces in Bon Temps”? Sounds like she’s a vampire!

1. Goldie Jean

May 5, 2012 at 10:45 am

I love it! Tara “resurfaces”!

• jacamo

May 6, 2012 at 7:37 am

I hate it; she should stay dead.

• evan isais

May 14, 2012 at 2:05 am

i didn’t like it either , i was hoping she become a vampire, as a punishment, but what the hell, this will be a great season and tara will not be the point of attention it will be chris meloni

2. Nothinbutjoy

May 5, 2012 at 11:27 am

I.AM.DYING.

Such a tease!

Just enough to let us know Tara’s still around, but not enough to let us know in what form.

Looks like the season is going to jump right out of the gate.

3. Barry

May 5, 2012 at 11:38 am

I have been hoping so much that Tara would still be in the show in some form and I am soooooooooooooooo glad! xD

4. Sammy

May 5, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I thought they said Tara wouldn’t be a vampire..?? If she is maybe she’s a replacement for the “Bubba” character…even though vamp blood heals a lot she would probably not be completely whole right? Either way I’m excited to see what happens!!

5. Stephanie

May 5, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Oh this is so exciting! I can’t wait to see what happens with Tara! I hope Sookie doesn’t get into a depressed funk this season, she is my fav! Oh yay for True Blood!!!

6. Art

May 5, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Jumping for joy! I like Tara, but I think I’m going to love her as a vampire! I’m so excited.

7. Rina

May 5, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Very excited to see what they do with Tara and Pam’s background flashback. Waiting sucks!

8. Kenneth

May 5, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I have a feeling they chose their words VERY carefully in these synopsis’s in order to make us think what they want us to think, in classic True Blood fashion.

Between ‘resurface’, Pam reflecting on being turned, Sookie searching for Tara, and the references to a rogue vamp in the casting calls, it seems overwhelmingly apparent that Tara will be turned. That said, the writers of this show have perfected the art of turning our preconceptions on their heads and throwing us for a loop, so who knows.

9. Kenneth

May 5, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Also, the thought of seeing Tara dig her way out of the ground, just as Jessica did, excites me so.

• Art

May 5, 2012 at 10:14 pm

LOL! Classic Kenneth. I would love to see it also. Tara was the number one vampire hater and to think maybe Pam is the one who turns her is priceless. Tara taking orders from her maker Pam is must see IMO. Tara being a vamp is the only logical conclusion since she shows up in three shows. It she was truly dead, why would Sookie be looking for her in the 3rd show if these synopses are correct.

• jacamo

May 6, 2012 at 7:39 am

Steve Newlin was the number one vampire hater, and we already have him as a vampire.

• vikingrl

May 6, 2012 at 1:42 pm

wonder who his maker is… RE?

• Kenneth

May 6, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Tara’s turning would also coincide with a lot for the gay themes conveyed throughout the series. Like, Bill’s press statement about vampire suicides in Spellbound. Since the pilot Tara’s had somewhat of a blind resentment and fear for Vampire’s, her encounter with Franklin only making it worse, so for her to become one and experience what their lives are like first hand would (and really this applies to any manor of intolerance, not just gay) enlighten her as to what motivates them to do many of the things they do that make her hate and distrust them-understanding some similarities between them and the difficulties they face which she either was unable to or chose not to recognize.

• Whitney

May 11, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I think it’s Russel Edgington when he went nuts in some vamp take over plot

• Kenneth

May 6, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Wow. I completely forgot about that. That cliff hanger with Jason really threw me least season, that came from absolutely nowhere. The when you re-watch the season you make sense of all the passing remarks on the news stations in the background about Steve’s disappearance. I remember some people posing the idea that they’re simply retractable fangs, it being Halloween. That’d be kinda disappointing, but pretty funny.

10. Elisha_Q

May 6, 2012 at 3:58 am

Pam recalling her first encounter with Eric and her life before that is the most interesting thing for me. May be that is who Eric was kissing in the promo (with the light of the fire behind, it was kind of dark and not very clear), because in the books they were lovers after he made her vampire.

• Kenneth

May 6, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I had thought that was his Sister, Salome.

• Elisha_Q

May 7, 2012 at 5:01 am

Could be. But then again, it was not very clear and even Alex’s blond hair looked dark, plus his hands were on her hair and they were really close. We’ll see after a month.

• esw45

May 7, 2012 at 9:52 am

I am pretty sure its not Pam….i think its Nora he is kissing. If you look at the clothes they are wearing its similar to the picrure of Eric, Bill and Nora and what they have on….its doesn’t look victorian like what Eric and Pam would be wearing when he turned her.

• Elisha_Q

May 7, 2012 at 10:32 am

I overlooked the most obvious – Eric is with short hair and he would have been with long one when he turned Pam. (not related – I loved that long hair)

• Simona

May 8, 2012 at 12:19 am

His sister is not Salome!Her name is Nora.Salome is of some interest for Eric’s sister.

• Elisha_Q

May 8, 2012 at 2:09 am

It’s easy to switch the names of characters you haven’t seen yet. I got what Kenneth wanted to say, the name was wrong but so what, he made his point clear – definitely not Pam.

11. Emily

May 6, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Wow, not happy about Tara at ALL. They have introduced way too many charachters without killing others off and this has resulted in too many plotlines with not enough time focused on each one. If she a vampire I will be very let down, I hope she’s a ghost. Other than that, I think it looks promising.

12. Khmboo

May 6, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Tara resurfacing? Does this mean she’s under-ground, or did she go away somewhere; and is back in town? Hhmmm, only time will tell. Hate being teased! 🙂

13. Ampurp

May 6, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Well it looks like those of us who thought Sookie was digging two graves or burying Tara are right. If she was a ghost, Sookie would not be looking for her and this explains why Lala seems extra disheveled.

On another note, I am surprised that the new promo featuring Chris/Roman in an ancient ceremony has not been posted. The Authority looks real old fashioned and bad-ass in that promo; I like both Chris’s as vampires.

14. Bethany

May 7, 2012 at 11:30 am

So it looks like Tara may have gone Vamp afterall. Hmmmm, with her anger issues, maybe she will replace the Were/Vamp??? (Too tired to recall a name I read just last night. Think I need more sleep. Maybe will get some once season 5 gets underway. 🙂 )

15. zazzi

May 7, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I don’t know why anyone presumes Tara’s automatically turned as a vamp. I have a strong feeling she is ‘undead’ in terms of zombie, and not really conscious of what she’s doing!

• esw45

May 7, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I don’t believe that AB and the writers are going to bring zombies on TB if Tara is not a ghost then she will probably be a vampire. I think it looks like from all the clues that she is turned into a vampire by Pam….the question will then be why did Pam turn her? The only answer I come up with is Pam calls herself making amends with Eric because he loves Sookie….

• Art

May 7, 2012 at 10:42 pm

AB is not going to turn Trueblood into zombies walking around. The first show is TURN TURN…Tara head got blown off…Sookie is looking for her in the third show. Just put one and two together and you get three. Doubt Sookie is looking for a zombie or ghost.

• Ampurp

May 8, 2012 at 12:38 am

@esw45

I thought this too after I saw the promo with Pam asking to be released. Not just because Eric loves Sookie but to prove her loyalty to Eric by saving someone Sookie loves. I am pretty sure that Eric sensed Sookie distressed and made Pam go look after her because he is dealing with the Authority. Only four people knew about Russell: Eric, Bill, Alcide, and Pam and Bill has been with Eric. Alcide has no reason to dig him up but Pam has been upset and she might appear to be disloyal to Eric because Sookie was the one to take care of him when he had amnesia.

@zazzi
        On another note how would Tara actually be made a zombie, if there are not any? It is not just the magic but Tara is missing a lot of brains, being shot in the head is the cure for zombies. Plus, how would she heal enough that she could be lost and resurface, if not because she is a vampire? Missing a lot of brains and being a newly turned vampire would affect her decision making skills vastly.

• zazzi

May 8, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I guess I should clarify – I don’t mean the typical zombie eating brains lol…I mean more of the undead type, wandering around and not knowing she’s dead. I would like her turned to a vamp because it might be better for her character development though, and I don’t want to be disappointed if I don’t get what I want 😀

• zazzi

May 8, 2012 at 8:26 pm

It is also possible Pam will turn her just to torture her as her maker, though I know that’s a stretch….

• Elisha_Q

May 8, 2012 at 2:39 am

Missing head is deadly to both vampires and zombies so I am not sure how they’re going to make it work with half of Tara’s head missing. I was thinking that may be Sookie could save her. Grief could start her powers and heal Tara without Sookie even knowing it. Again – the missing head is a big problem. If Tara becomes a zombie (even the vampiric kind-the ones whose transformation did not go well) they will have to put her down.

• Ampurp

May 8, 2012 at 11:40 am

Well Tara is missing brains and no where near exactly half her head. Zombies do not heal at all, they just get turned into a undead state as is; walking around like that Tara would be very noticeable. Vampire blood on the other hand heals a person almost completely but if a brain is deprived of oxygen for a period of over 6 mins, there will be lasting damage. The transformation could heal her body completely (replacing the brain but not all the cells) but not all of her mind.

I do not think that she would need to be put down because of this. She would have to be handle like a child since because they are turned so soon, they might never develop the skills or brain cells an adult would. The show uses inspiration from the books and I get the feeling Tara will be the Bubba of the show. They found a way to introduce the vampire child even though Eric’s maker was dead.

We do not know if Sookie’s powers work on humans or that they can heal. Her breaking Marnie’s spell on Eric could have just been a counteract of magic. Her powers also seem fear based and only used on supernaturals. I am sure she loved gran more and her grief and sorrow did not ignite her powers then. They started with Marianne and her foray into the supernatural world; i would also imagine it would take training to heal. Leading me to believe that the involuntary action is based on supernaturals but that them not working is what will lead Sookie to finding out more about herself.

• Elisha_Q

May 8, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I was thinking that Tara would be the equivalent of Bubba too, just without being dumb. Eric’s sister comming to aid is a switch with Bill’s sister from the books.
          Oh, and Lala also could have provided the vampire blood to heal Tara. But not knowing how the whole process for turning someone into vampire, they probably lost hope and decided to bury her ( which would make it more like Jake Purifoy’s story ). Sookie came to my mind as a possibility because last season they used “If I had a hammer” but with Lala and Arlene’s baby. If they knew about Sam’s saving with the cloviel d’or from this book they could have used it as basis, and since Sookie has “hands of light” instead of cloviel d’or, I thought it’s possible. Plus Sookie did not see her grandmother getting killed infront of her. True Blood uses the material very loosely after all.

16. Susnebraska

May 7, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Turn, Turn, Turn. What a great title. It can mean so many things. I have zero clue what will happen to Tara. Interesting. I am biting my lip in anticipation of this season!

17. Art

May 8, 2012 at 4:45 am

If some other synopses are released, then we will get a clearer picture. If not, until June 10th, my money is on Tara will be turned vampire by Pam. TURN TURN TURN!

18. Lisa

May 8, 2012 at 10:13 am

I’m just so excited that the new season is about to start! The twist and turn of the lives (and dead) in Louisana is intoxicating! I love it!!!

19. Liz

May 8, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Re: all the zombie talk – Alan Ball has already stated a few times that there will not be zombies on this show. At least for this season.

• Suzanne

May 15, 2012 at 5:06 pm

OMG!!! Please No Zombies!!!!

20. Suzanne

May 15, 2012 at 5:05 pm

weeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Can not Wait for the Second Ep of True Blood. I have been waiting for this Flashback forever.. Eric in a Suit in 1905.. Woo Wee Someone is going to have to pick me up off the Floor when that scene comes.. Eric+Pam = HOT!!!!!

21. Donna Lynn

May 18, 2012 at 11:35 am

Tara will not come back as a vampire. She will not come back as a zombie. She will come back as a result of magic to do with Lafayette or the Fae will have something to do with bringing her back.

• Donna Lynn

May 18, 2012 at 11:39 am

Could be Sookie that “accidently” does something to bring her back. We don’t really know the extent of Sookie’s abilities, or Lafayette’s for that matter. I’m telling you, Tara will come back because of Sookie or Lafayette.