SPOILERS: Official Synopses for True Blood June Episodes

HBO just sent out the official synopses for the first three episodes of True Blood season 5, all airing in June. These are close to what we posted a few weeks ago, but with significantly more detail.

Episode #49: “Turn! Turn! Turn!”
Debut: SUNDAY, JUNE 10 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT)

Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) struggle with the aftermath of Tara’s (Rutina Wesley) shooting, while also cleaning up after Debbie Pelt. Meanwhile, Bill (Stephen Moyer) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgård), cleaning up a mess of their own, are visited by the Vampire Authority, one of whom is Nora (Lucy Griffiths), a woman from Eric’s past. In search of the missing Marcus, Alcide’s (Joe Manganiello) werewolf pack comes after Sam (Sam Trammell). With Bill away, Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) enjoys her new freedom by partying with local college kids; Jason (Ryan Kwanten) is visited by the recently turned Rev. Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian); Terry’s (Todd Lowe) PTSD is reignited by Patrick Devins (Scott Foley), an old Iraq War buddy; and Alcide turns up at Sookie’s to warn her about the recently resurfaced Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare).
Written by Brian Buckner; directed by Daniel Minahan.

Episode #50: “Authority Always Wins”
Debut: SUNDAY, JUNE 17 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)

At the Vampire Authority headquarters in New Orleans, Bill and Eric meet Salome (Valentina Cervi) and become acquainted with the Authority’s interrogation techniques. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) recalls her human life as the madam of the Comstock Brothel in San Francisco, and her first encounter with Eric. Werewolves J.D. (Louis Herthum) and Rikki (Kelly Overton) pay tribute to Marcus, but Alcide refuses to participate or take his rightful place as the new packmaster. Martha Bozeman (Dale Dickey) shows up wanting to see her granddaughter, causing conflict for Sam and Luna (Janina Gavankar). Fearing Russell’s return, Sookie procures a home-protection system; Arlene (Carrie Preston) tries to get to the bottom of Terry’s erratic behavior; Steve Newlin stops by with an offer for Jessica; and Jason feels the brunt of his womanizing ways.
Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Michael Lehmann.

Episode #51: “Whatever I Am, You Made Me”
Debut: SUNDAY, JUNE 24 (9:00-10:00 p.m.)

Bill and Eric barter for their lives with the Authority Chancellors and their leader, Roman (Christopher Meloni). Salome and Roman enlist a new ally in the face of Russell’s return. Sookie goes to Fangtasia to ask for help from Pam, who is still caught up in her memories of Eric and the strange murders at the Comstock Brothel. Andy’s dalliance with Holly (Lauren Bowles) comes back to bite him in the butt; later, he’s visited by Gordon (Steve Rankin) and Barbara Pelt (Linda Purl), who are searching for Debbie. Jason bumps into an old high school teacher, but their reunion brings up conflicting feelings.
Written byRaelle Tucker; directed by David Petrarca.

The first thing I notice is that they’re being very careful not to reveal Tara’s fate. What stands out to you?

1. Dee

May 22, 2012 at 1:48 pm

CAN.NOT.WAIT.

19 days and counting!!!

2. Amber

May 22, 2012 at 2:10 pm

they changed Pams past, manby it will work?

3. Niecey

May 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

LUV LUV LUV IT!!!!!!

4. esw45

May 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I am guessing that Sookie thinks her and Pam have a better relationship because of her turning Tara which I think Sookie went along with and Pam probably threatens Sookie that’s why she zaps her in the trailer must be episode 5.3 …..I predict Pam and Sookie will have an understanding with each other by the end of the season …..they may or may not be friends but because of Tara it won’t be a jealously thing anymore on Pam’s part.

5. Eva

May 22, 2012 at 2:42 pm

This wait is driving me crazy! I still think Tara was turned.

• Andrea

May 23, 2012 at 11:02 am

The big clue was that they included the actresses name after her character name “Tara(Rutina Wesley)” but left Debbie Pelt, as just Debbie Pelt

6. Liz

May 22, 2012 at 5:35 pm

If Pam is mulling over some murders that happened in her past, it seems to me there’s another mystery that may tie into what’s happening around Bon Temps/Shreveport. Two episodes where she’s thinking about that? Sounds fishy to me.

• Tara

May 22, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I agree, Liz! I think the murder mysteries from Pam’s path link will to happenings in Bon Temp/Shrevport. Maybe the new breed a vamps we’ve been hearing about.

These episodes sound great! Pam was a madam! I totally picture. Roman sounds like a very interesting vampire. I wonder what Steve Newlin wants with Jess. Ahhh I can’t wait!!!!!

• Tara

May 22, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Let me correct my grammar.

I agree, Liz! I think the murder mysteries from Pam’s past will link to the happenings in Bon Temp/Shrevport. Maybe it’s the new breed of vamps we’ve been hearing about.

May 22, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I like that idea! As long as the “new breed of vampires” doesn’t sparkle I’m very interested to know what that all means. 😀

• Lady Angelfire

May 29, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I agree, Liz. I’m with you on that one.

7. Bethany

May 23, 2012 at 3:58 am

Are they going there??? Jason’s Fae sex appeal put him with a teacher??? Hmmmm. Oh, this season sounds like it is going to be amazing. I always prefer that they follow the books. (Ummmm, Pam is from England, not San Fransisco, and she was a proper lady with a wild streak, not a lady of the night.) But that being said, it sounds so fun and entertaining. These last couple of weeks (as school comes to a close for my kids, etc.) seem to be flying by, yet it feels like forever until June 10th is here. Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait!

8. Christine

May 26, 2012 at 6:19 pm

No way! He’s resurfaced already?!

9. Tracy

May 28, 2012 at 8:53 pm

There seems to be another reason why Tara isnt mentioned in the three episode guides, nor pictured in any of the coming attractions. It COULD BE, that nobody knows if Tara is alive or dead, and that these bodies turning up, could be from Tara OR King Russel. (The confusion may be from the characters perspective, or the audiences, or both.)I just watched the principles from the cast sit around, and recap what happened in season 4, for HBO. Oddly, Tara wasnt included in that cast circle. Alcide was, Jessica, Pam–but no Tara. If she meets the final death, because she wasnt turned properly, then she is out of the cast, and therefore, would NOT be shown with the principle players. I bet that Sookie zaps Pam, over this bad situation with Tara. I think that Tara is written out of the show.

May 28, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Tara is mentioned in the official synopses for episodes 2 and 3 this season – SPOILERS!

• Denise

May 29, 2012 at 10:36 am

I just recently got on the true blood wagon and I’m still waiting to see season 4. But if you would have asked me 3 months ago if I would be watching this I would laugh at you. Now. . . I can’t wait to see what happens.

10. true to eric

May 29, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I cannot wait for the new season . Chris Meloni is an awesome addition. Could Tara possibly be linked to the fae storyline? It seems inconceivable to me that Tara would become a vamp and I do not know of any other species yet that might have the kind of power to help. Since Eric ate Sookies fairy godmother could Claude be her replacement and possibly helped Tara in some way unbeknownst to Sookie? And what about Andy Bellefluor and the fae sex scene? Was she a good fairy or a bad one? I also wonder if the fae war is going to come into play. If I remember correctly from the books Eric and Sookie have some great scenes from that era. Love your site.

11. venus

May 31, 2012 at 8:29 am

Oh I can’t wait until Roman shows up I am waiting on him! I am so in love with Roman I think I need Roman rehab. I also am very instrested to see how pam handles sookie for help from russell. If pam does not want to be bothered with sookie I can pretty much not blame her, sorry I am in pam corner for this one.