SPOILERS: More Teasers from Kevin Alejandro & Scott Foley

E! Online continues to surprise us by sharing actual teasers for True Blood season 5 from the red carpet premiere. Today they have Kevin Alejandro talking about Jesus and Lafayette, and Scott Foley spilling a bit more about Patrick and Terry.

Janea in Placentia, Calif.: I was absolutely devastated for Lafayette last year when Jesus died. I don’t think he can handle losing both Tara and Jesus!
Come on, y’all, this is True Blood! Just because someone “dies” doesn’t mean they’re gone for good, right? We caught up with the sexy nurse himself, Kevin Alejandro, and he tells us audiences could be seeing this brujo again. “My character definitely has a role in this season, but I can’t tell you how.” Alejandro teased. “I’ll tell you this, the death of Jesus really has affected Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) in a very dramatic way, so you can expect to see how he deals with that and how it affects the other people around him. There’s a lot more depth to Lafayette that audience is in store for, hope you’re ready for it!” Please, we’ve been ready for months!

Kandice in Austin: Can I try to glamour you into giving us some True Blood scoop?!

Well you could try, but we were going to give it up anyways! We’ve seen vampires, witches, werewolves and fairies, but now there’s a new kind of mythical being in Bon Temps. At the end of last season, we met Patrick (Scott Foley), Terry’s commanding officer in Iraq, who will be heavily involved in this season’s drama. Foley explains, “We’re going to see a lot of Terry figuring out who he is and coming to grips with what he has done in is past, especially over in Iraq. And we’re going to find out whether Terry and Arlene stay together.” But what is it about Patrick that makes him so important? Foley teases, “I bring in a substantial supernatural element to the show that hasn’t been seen yet.”

A new supernatural element? We’ve been speculating that Terry and Patrick were up against a vengeful ghost, but we’ve already seen that. What could it be?

1. Abel

June 5, 2012 at 11:08 am

So is Patrick a supernatural being? If so what?

June 5, 2012 at 11:44 am

Scott said previously that his character is “just human”, so I think the key phrase in his quote is “I bring in a substantial supernatural element …” In other words, he’s not a supe, but something attached to him, or chasing him, is.

• Dee

June 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm

“Yer a wizard Scott”

Just kidding!! I can’t wait for this season to start!

LOL

2. Dee

June 5, 2012 at 11:29 am

***PURE SPECULATION***

We haven’t seen a were-TIGER yet…

• Gracie

June 5, 2012 at 1:11 pm

That’s exactly what I was speculating!

3. Rina

June 5, 2012 at 11:35 am

I just hope it’s not a rainbow-farting unicorn.

June 5, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Yes, because that just drips danger and terror and fits right into their storyline. LOL!

• Joe

June 12, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I see you don’t watch Supernatural. LOL

June 12, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Not since season 5. Before that I watched every episode from the beginning of the show. Forgive me but I don’t understand the connection. Could you explain?

• Elisha_Q

June 13, 2012 at 11:53 am

There was an episode where the monsters were from children’s paintings and one of them was a rainbow farting unicorn. You should watch that last season Sam and Dean had some interesting cases, and they are dealing with leviathans.

4. Blissa

June 5, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I guess he’s an angel!!!! it does makes sense.

5. Kim O

June 5, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I think it might be a fire-breather of some sort. The clip had Patrick saying how dangerous fire is…

6. Elisha_Q

June 5, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Makes me wonder if they found something in Iraq, something ancient like the maenad, that wants them dead now.

June 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I’m starting think that’s it, Elisha.

7. Artie

June 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Ok so what if Terry is the supe? And seeing Patrick causes him to snap and brings it out in him while he learns who he is and what he’s done? Patrick seemed awfully nervous about fire in regards to Terry during that dinner scene… The fire that burnt down their house is still also unexplained. Terry is a fire conjuror, but due to PTSD he doesn’t know it anymore? Or severe amounts of emotions trigger it?

• AmaZen

June 5, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Now THAT would be a fabulous story line! I think Elisha’s on the right track too. There has to be a significance to Iraq.

Possibly something from Babylonian mythology?

• Cleo777

June 18, 2012 at 1:33 pm

And only Jesus can save them!! Wonder what happened to his body, by the way….couldn’t have been Tara, she didn’t know yet…couldn’t have been Russell, he’s still recovering…actually couldn’t have been a vampire, none have been invited in that I can recall….hmmmmm…..

8. Jay

June 5, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Could the new supernatural Patrick is involved with be a Djinn? Something occurred in the middle east. Patrick brought up fire. An angry Djinn would be a very dangerous thing to deal with…

• Joe

June 12, 2012 at 5:40 pm

That seems correct. They’re made of fire.

9. Tracy

June 6, 2012 at 1:22 am

I might guess that those two found undead creatures in Babylon/Iraq, because with True Blood, they ALWAYS connect scenes with a symbol. Arlene saying ZOMBIES ARE THE NEW VAMPIRES and then this guy shows up, will be the connection. THe flashback scene in Iraq will show someone killed, that walks again. ANOTHER CLUE, Terry says to him, “I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD”. Maybe Terry is the Zombie? I’d say that will be the new supe for the year. IT could be Djinns, that create the zombie person. One thing for sure, like just about everything else with season 5, nothing in the books can clue us in about what to expect.

June 6, 2012 at 7:54 am

Good spec, but we’ve been told rather decidedly that there will be no zombies on True Blood (at least this season).

10. Amanda

June 6, 2012 at 11:10 am

Terry is pyro kinetic and scott foley is the genie? Or they were saved by oneso terry is only partially alive?

11. EnterTheGecko

June 6, 2012 at 6:47 pm

While I would like the possibility of a Djinn storyline involving Terry/Patrick; something to think about. There was no casting call for someone of Middle Eastern ancenstry at all for season 5. Now that’s not to say they didn’t; but we usually get what we read about the casting calls for the most part right?

Im just thinking that it would be more authentic for an actor from that region/culture to take on such a role. It would be hella fun to see such an actor/actress play the part. I’m going to have a harder time buying into such a storyline if they casts someone of i.e. European decent.

12. Art

June 7, 2012 at 6:43 am

There will be on zombies on trueblood and I thank Alan Ball for that.
    The wait is almost over. I’ve been waiting a YEAR for this.