6 Stunning Developments in the True Blood Season Premiere {POLL}

So THAT happened. In fact, several plot developments during the True Blood season premiere left us gasping and/or cheering. Some things we’d pretty much already guessed (e.g. Tara’s fate), but there were still some unexpected twists and turns as season 5 kicked off. We have another couple of weeks before the much anticipated arrival of Chris Meloni and the rest of the Authority Council, giving us some time for everything to sink in. What were your favorite plot developments tonight?

1. Nothinbutjoy

June 10, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Tonight just exemplified why the 9 months in between seasons are the longest months ever.

Words fail me.

Awesome…not good enough
    Fantastic…not good enough

All I could do was smile from ear to ear with a *scream* thrown in frequently.

2. Miss Eric

June 10, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I absolutely enjoyed tonights show!!!!Cant wait to see Tara’s transition.Fan since Day 1!!!!

3. Ryan

June 10, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I love the gay vampire American was super funny.

4. Dahlia

June 10, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Um, anyone else wondering about the whole Pam having made another vampire prior to Tara? Why didn’t that make the list? I remember a couple of eps in previous seasons where it was suggested that she had not yet become a maker but tonight when she was getting in the ground with Tara she was talking about having done it before but it hadn’t turned out that great either… Anyone else wondering if she’s the one that turned Steve Newlin? If not, then who?

June 11, 2012 at 9:22 am

Pam was referring to when Bill made Jessica. Tara is Pam’s first progeny.

• Lizzy

June 11, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Actually, I checked out the interactive episode last night and it said she turned a farmhand in the early 1900’s but grew bored and released him.

5. Ellen

June 11, 2012 at 12:33 am

This episode honestly felt a little too rushed and unsettling for me. But I guess there’s a lot of balls in the air, it being the first episode of the season and all. I figured that Tara would be turned and by Pam like a lot of people did but it looks like she’s not all there anymore which is something I don’t think anyone guessed.

6. Lizzy

June 11, 2012 at 6:36 am

I think Jesus’ body not being where it was supposed to be is a pretty big deal, too. Lafayette was outstanding in the episode.

• Bethany

June 11, 2012 at 7:19 am

I agree, I am just not sure why yet. Maybe because of his Bruho (or however you spell that) heritage??? Hmmmm. I liked that because now I am thinking of all the ways it could play out.

7. Bethany

June 11, 2012 at 7:15 am

I personally loved them all. I was rather hoping that the Steve Newlin thing was going to be a dream, but it looks like they are going to go there. LOL I had to laugh when La La was telling off Alcide and saying no more vampires, no more maenads, etc. Hello??? He had Tara turned??? So didn’t he just have his entire life driven into the Vamp world at the very least?

My favorite part of this season is honestly going to try and see how they are hiding AP’s pregnacy. I noticed looser fitting shirts and her slouching more than Sookie usually does. (It works with the show because she just “lost” her BFF and her lover(s) and all.) I am not saying the storylines are boreing or anything, just that I am having fun trying to watch how they cover that.

I think Jessica being “Queen” while “Daddy” is away should play out to be pretty fun. And am very interested to see how the whole War is causing fires thing is going to pan out as well. All in all, loved the premier, with the exception that we of course had to have a HUGE storm that knocked out power about 2 minutes before the show ended, and it took another 2 hours before I could watch that part. But that is not because of anyone but Mother Nature (or whoever up there, don’t want to discriminate and all that). It just seemed like outside forces were not happy that I was watching the show. LOL (Like 15 minutes of the show were without sound for no reason either.)

8. Bethany

June 11, 2012 at 7:23 am

Is it just me or does anyone else thing Tara is going to be the Jake Purferoy replacement??? (Spoiler alert?) She hated vamps, and now because of her cousin and BFF she is one. She was one messed up chicky to begin with, and 1/2 her head was blown off (I was actually scared at first that she would be the “Bubba” character because of that, but Whew!) so she could be focusing on only the terrible things about her “life” right now. Promises to be fun watching either way.

• Neonsky

June 11, 2012 at 10:40 am

I agree maybe that’s why Tera is not herself as sookie and Lala thought she would be after she was turned. That’s why in the next showing it showed them questioning if Tera was there at all wondering if they made a good choice into turning her

9. Bethany

June 11, 2012 at 7:26 am

I will only leave this last comment this time. (he he) I absolutely love how Eric and Bill not only get lots of action, but lots of laughs as well. The show seemed to get away from that humor that kept so many viewers laughing between all the gore and action in the past. This season started with a good bang having Eric Vamp cleaning Bill’s office for him, and their banter when Eric and Nora were “reconnecting”. None of the blood and guts have been sacrificed (the reason my finace watches the show) and I get to laugh at the same time. This season is going to be amazing.

10. Shikatsu

June 11, 2012 at 9:12 am

Loved the episode but I’m kinda confused why on so many forums this one and imdb amongst others… They seem to proclaim Tara is a certain way and they like this new Tara. A Tara we only saw about 2 seconds of. Just for the sake of being PR I highly doubt they’d make Tara the bubba character. Only thing we know is she turned and when she woke up she was likely very hungry.

June 11, 2012 at 10:16 am

It’s very interesting that you say that, Shikatsu. Mel and I discussed that very thing in our podcast for the week, which will post here in a couple of days. I’d love to know if you agree with what we surmised.

11. Rina

June 11, 2012 at 9:49 am

Awesome episode. TB is really pushing the line as always.

12. Jules

June 11, 2012 at 10:39 am

I kind of got the impression as well, that we are getting a Tara/ Bubba character. When Sookie was in her house thinking back to her childhood & how Tara had been her protector ( loved that part )maybe wasn’t only for the moment. Yes, it showed their bond, but I’m thinking possible foreshadowing to Tara being her guardian like Bubba was. Great episode, worth the wait.

13. Wemoonwitch

June 11, 2012 at 11:07 am

I think Tara jumped Sookie purely because she’s a newborn vamp and it’s her nature to jump the first food source she can. Don’t think it was directed at Sookie in particular. She’s not human anymore. That’s probably what Lafayette/Sookie were referring to. Newborn vamps, according to Bill, have no humanity, can not resist any temptation and are in the middle of great emotional upheaval. Plus, she’s gonna be struggling w/ becoming what she detested most.

14. Nichole

June 11, 2012 at 11:30 am

I am most intrigued by Jesus’ dissappearance at this point. Of the choices above I voted for the Nora plot line because it was nice to see a stronger side of Eric again.

15. Gracie

June 11, 2012 at 1:00 pm

i loved how tara came out of the ground super scary! see i knew eric didn’t luv sookie as much as bill, considering how fast he jumped nora’s bones! u see how much more bill loved sookie he was going to help her before he was caught.

June 11, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Remember, Bill and Sookie broke up more than a year ago in True Blood time. She and Eric broke up about an hour before all that went down with Nan, the Gay Stormtroopers, and being captured by Nora/The Authority. Bill has had time to come to terms with it; Eric has not.

• esw45

June 11, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Good point Mel, also Eric has always been strong …..I don’t know why Eric having feelings or loving someone makes him week to some people, it makes him with layers and not one dimensional which I like about him …..I was disappointed in his response to helping sookie because he had just helped Bill kill Nan and her troopers because of protecting Sookie …so I know he is hurt but an uncaring and unfeeling Eric I don’t like it …..its like going backwards.

• Vamp_luvah

June 12, 2012 at 6:43 am

I don’t get why they would go backwards w/Eric either. I mean I guess rebound makes sense but sheesh an hour? Plu when they were cleaning and he said ef Sookie and Bill was shocked! I know the show is not the book but I personally would like a lil more Eric/Sookie time!

16. Helen

June 11, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Brilliant season opener! I thought Eric’s vamp speed cleaning was hilarious, I wish I had that skill myself! lol Also thought big, gay Steve Newlin was hilarious, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for him. Only the first episode and already I’m sucked in!

17. Deezy

June 11, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I loved the episode, but there were two things that I didn’t like–

1. The whole Eric/Nora storyline. How is he so in-love with her or whatever, when he was so in-love with Sookie a few hours prior. How come he’s never mentioned this lover or acted as if he had one, with the way he was all over other women.

2. Jessica and Jason – I usually love these two, but the writers seem to use them as something to fill in the gaps, I wish they had a little more development on these two.

Other than this, I thought the show was fine. And I’m glad they are getting back to comedy, it was too watered down last season.

June 12, 2012 at 8:03 am

Re: Eric/Nora – obviously they have a long history, and when he saw her those feelings resurfaced. It’s apparent from what he told Bill that 1. they haven’t seen each other in a long time and 2. the fact that he has a sister, or that he and Nora are in any way connected, is a secret he kept from everyone, even Pam, thus no mention of her in the past.