SPOILERS: Double Trouble in Bon Temps {UPDATED}

Well this is interesting. E! Online has some scoop in today’s spoiler column about a new character coming to True Blood at the end of the season:

Francesca: Care to share any True Blood spoilers?
If you can believe it, the HBO hit will actually be introducing a new supernatural entity later this season…and they’re taking a page out of the Vampire Diaries‘ playbook: Sookie’s getting a doppelgänger! Here’s hoping she’s nicer than TVD‘s Katherine!

This is the first I’ve heard of a Sookie doppelganger, which could be interesting, but why wouldn’t they just go split screen and have Anna play both parts? They certainly have the technology. I have to wonder if they aren’t basing this off of a call for a body double for pregnant Anna Paquin during the final episode.

Updated: Thanks to Bookies Luv True Blood, we have the casting call E! is referring to:

[SOOKIE STACKHOUSE DOPPELGANGER] Female, Caucasian, Long Blonde Hair, 5’5″, 115 lbs. size 4, 34 B. Waist – 25-26″ Hip – 34-35″. No Lines.

Pretty much confirms this is a body double.

1. Elisha_Q

June 14, 2012 at 9:58 am

Could it be Sam’s ridiculous event that he needs to become Sookie, to protect her may be?

2. mark hartshorn

June 14, 2012 at 10:17 am

hmm this could be interesting using a body double.

3. Natalie

June 14, 2012 at 10:23 am

It sounds interesting. So Eric and Bill, each can have their own Sookie Stackhouse. lol

4. Mindy

June 14, 2012 at 11:55 am

I’m so excited! I wonder if they are going to have fairies making copies/generations of themselves?

5. Neonsky

June 14, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I wonder if she will have Sookie powers!

6. Isabelle

June 14, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Is it me or is this a major huh moment? I don’t get it or why we would need such a storyline.

June 14, 2012 at 3:53 pm

That’s why I think it’s a casting call for a body double, not an “evil twin” or whatever like E! is suggesting. Anna’s pregnancy is showing, and Sookie isn’t pregnant, so if any nudity is required in the season finale, they’ll need a body double.

7. toni

June 14, 2012 at 7:31 pm

remember the interview where a cast member or Ball talked about the “baby bump” , my memory is shot and too lazy to look it up even tho I posted it last week, said her extra is getting a lot of work? I think this is what is really going on.

8. Rina

June 14, 2012 at 8:11 pm

This is clearly a call for a body double. Someone who resembles Anna more than her regular stunt double. Most likely they need one because of Anna’s pregnancy. She’s really showing. I doubt we’ll know the difference on the show. TB is pretty good about things like that.

9. AmaZen

June 15, 2012 at 12:10 am

Agree – Paquin was asked in an interview how TB is handling her pregnancy and replied that they work around it with camera angles & her stunt double.

10. Shay

June 15, 2012 at 1:42 am

Could she just be a stand in? I know that many shows…like VampD. use stand ins for times when the actress is not needed. They pretty much just stand in place and have very similar features such as same hair color, height weight ect. They are never really seen in the show (unless they are extra’s) but instead, “stand in” during rehearsals. I think this sounds more plausible:) What do you think?

• Shay

June 15, 2012 at 1:43 am

oh, i just read! Anna is pregos?! Oh ok..not the double makes more sense…lol

11. Kurenai

June 15, 2012 at 3:45 am

And here I thought they would reveal the supernatural element that would be introduced is demons …what with whatever it is that is burning down Terry and Patrick’s squad’s houses.

After all the books did say that demons can manipulate fire and the actor that plays Patrick said he was bringing in a supernatural element even though his character is human.

• EnterTheGecko

June 15, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Demons aren’t new per say. When it was revealed that Patrick would bring a “new” supernatural element; chatter started going on about it being a Djinn. I now recall that there was a casting call for an Iraqi man. This is probably for a flashback scene. What if this man was dying; and his dying wish was revenge?

12. Goldie Jean

June 16, 2012 at 8:55 am

A Djinn would be cool! But I think that could also fall in the demon continuum. Cataliades and his neice don’t particularly resemble each other.

13. rob

June 18, 2012 at 9:30 am

Holy crap!?! Really? I am a huge TVD fan, and this sounds very exciting.