SPOILERS: Teasers For True Blood Episode 5.03

E! Online has some teasers for True Blood episode 5.03, “Whatever I Am, You Made Me”, which airs June 24. It’s couched in their usual purple prose, so let’s see what we can decipher.

The New Nan Flanagan: Reverend Newlin (Michael McMillian) isn’t just showing up in Bon Temps to make himself an unwanted party crasher, he’ll have a whole new role at the Authority. He’s the best person to take over the old face of the Vampire Authority now that he’s a vampire and a smooth-talking religious nut spokesperson.

We wondered if the smiling vampire was working for the Authority, and this teaser seems to confirm that suspicion. The question remains, however: Who is Steve’s Maker?

No Biting the Merchandise: As you will soon learn Lorena, Bill, Eric and Pam have a very long, sordid and interesting history. Bill and Lorena were out sowing their wild oats when he and Eric clashed before. This fun flashback also explains why Pam isn’t the biggest Bill Compton fan.

Is Mariana Klaveno reprising her role as Lorena via flashback? Sure sounds like it! It also sounds like the flashback to when Eric made Pam doesn’t do Bill any favors.

Sex Ed Teacher: If you watch Mad Men you might recognize Jason’s former teacher as the first Mrs. Draper (Melinda Page Hamilton). We find out that this is the woman who sent Jason down a sordid sexual path. The gist of this big reveal is that Jason has so much baggage he’d need a whole cargo truck to go on vacation. Did we know that already?

Yes, E!, we knew that already. What we don’t already know is what lies behind Jason’s promiscuity. Apparently there’s more going on than “boys will be boys” hormones.

1. Devon

June 18, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Why does Bill have to be involved in EVERYTHING ERIC? I hate this.

June 18, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Maybe you should watch it before getting pissed off?

• LLE

June 18, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I want to know the history of Bill and Eric and why they did not get along.

June 18, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Because Bill is part of this story. Deal.

• fbforbill

June 18, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Exactly, we are finding out why Eric and Bill do not like eachother that much. I have wanted to know for a long time. I wish people would stop hating on Bill. I have hated Eric in the past but he has been better and a financial asset for me (artist) www.fbforbill.deviantart.com
        I love all of TB. I wish everyone could get away from the camp stuff.

2. Gracie

June 18, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I’m interested to show Bill and Eric’s past and how much they have grown!

3. Neonskyq1

June 18, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Steve newlin is the new Nan is so much true maybe his maker made him for that perpose. But Steve getting all fanged and hard at the thought of Jasons butt! Was so funny

4. Jezebel

June 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm

The storyline with Jason and the teacher was featured in the True Blood comic, right?

5. Art

June 18, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Exactly Liz. Bill, whether people like it or not, is one of the leading men on this show.

6. Vampgirl

June 18, 2012 at 4:27 pm

It was quite obvious that when we were first introduced to Eric in season 1 that he had history with Bill and that weren’t the best of friends. It will be interesting to see their back story.

7. esw45

June 18, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Something Bill and Lorena must have hurt Pam in order for Eric to turn her……Lorena and Bill together was horrible at killing and leaving bodies in their wake…..we will see why Pam hates Bill ….I always thought it was because she thought Bill was a weak vampire?

• Brittany

June 19, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Hmm I didn’t even think about the fact that they could have been the ones to cause Pam’s turning, it’s very possible. But, I was thinking that it would probably be that maybe she catches them killing her prostitutes, which would have bothered her I think, after what I saw of the flashback from the last episode.
      It’s TB though, so who knows!!

8. Kim O

June 18, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Did anyone catch the fact that Steve Newlin said that Bill wasn’t the king anymore? How would he know this unless someone in the Authority is in touch with him?

June 19, 2012 at 8:55 am

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! Kim, Mel and I were thinking the same thing and talk a bit about it in this week’s podcast.

• robyn

June 19, 2012 at 11:54 am

My guess is Salome is his maker…in some of the previews you hear her voice saying “isnt it womderful to be a vampire” I think she may be talking to Steve

• Kurenai

June 19, 2012 at 11:47 pm

She already stated that line in Sunday’s episode to Eric.

• Robyn

June 20, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Your right…it sounded so much more dramatic in the preview lol

9. Goldie Jean

June 19, 2012 at 9:16 am

And Pam said “Damn them” when she saw Claire, so she must have had some inkling of what happened. Also, Bill has a lot of guilt he’s carrying around with him. Must be a good reason.

10. Belloisme

June 19, 2012 at 11:13 am

I think Steve Newlin is the perfect replacement for Nan. Him being turned was not a punishment, but more a part of a plan to get him to convince his followers and the rest of mankind that vampires are just like everyone else. I also think he knows about Russel from that comment he made about Bill not being King anymore. Maybe that was the small hint about who released Russel? At this point, I’m thinking Nora may be his maker. If he knows Russel is taking over, and is speaking on how Vampires are like humans and just want to fit in, he must have the same “double agent” motives as Nora.

11. esw45

June 19, 2012 at 11:22 am

I am thinking that maybe Nora turned Steve Newlin and set Russell free and is a Sandinista along with one or two other chancellors from the Authority…..

12. trubie90

June 19, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I’m glad they are continuing the Pam backstory I ‘m a little unhappy they gave us so little in episode 2. I wish they would have put her backstory in one episode instead of me having to wait a week or more to hear the rest.

I have a feeling the reason why Eric turned Pam is because he must have saw her near death after being attacked and raped by Bill and Lorena(maybe?) he remembered her and liked her so he turned her. Maybe that’s why Eric didn’t like Bill and Pam still doesn’t.

13. trubie90

June 19, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I do believe either the Vampire Authority one who was torturing Eric, or the Red head who voted true death are the ones who turned Steve Newlin. Only reason I don’t think it was Nan is because that wouldn’t have helped her. SN helps with the Authority’s agenda which Nan was about to Rebel against so she wouldn’t have helped. I do believe it’s a woman though because that’s what Steve told Jason even though he lied about the glamoring part I believe that was the truth.

14. Michele

June 19, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I’m thinking that maybe Lorena might be his maker, would be interesting

• Nokturhn

June 20, 2012 at 7:37 am

Lorena is dead ! She can’t be his maker !

15. True Trubie

June 20, 2012 at 7:48 am

woot! woot! im so excited for this episode. The authority are so darn hardasses.

16. Gracie

June 20, 2012 at 8:27 am

god i hope Bill had nothing to.do with why Pam is a vampire! Because if Pam tells Sookie especially if ithad anything to do with rape and murder Sookie will choose Eric, especially if she remember her experience with her Uncle Bartlett! Even though i like Eric now I want her with Bill!

17. Belloisme

June 20, 2012 at 10:19 am

It’s going to be interesting to see who will end up being Steve Newlin’s maker. I believe he went missing in season 3. I remember there being an announcement that he had been missing for 6 months. Season 4 started 12 1/2 months after that! So there are a lot of suspects! Also, did anyone hear Pam said she had been a maker before in episode 1? She said it didn’t end especially well. Wonder if that was some kind of foreshadowing?

18. Rebecca

June 20, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I agree with Robyn about Salome being Steve’s maker.
    It works on a couple levels. Yes, the Authority needed a new, improved “Nan”, but also given Salome’s biblical history, it’s an ironic twist that she turns an evangelical preacher.

19. Tara

June 20, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I think it’s interesting that Bill is a part of Pam’s human past. As long as they’re not the reason Eric turned Pam (meaning she was dying, so he had to). My theory is that Lorena and Bill are killing the “ladies of the evening” and they attempt to attack Pam, but Eric claims her as his before they can hurt her. I don’t think that Lorena and Bill get the chance to rape/attack/drink Pam.

I’m loving Steve Newlin as a vampire. His storyline is interesting, and Michael McMillian is brilliant!