True Blood Radio 180: Authority Always Wins

We have a lot to talk about this week as True Blood introduces the Authority and a bunch of new information about vampire “beliefs”. Plus, Sookie and Lafayette try to handle Baby Vamp Tara; Pam takes us back in time; Terry’s starting fires; Luna gets a surprise; Steve Newlin makes Jessica an interesting proposition; and Russell is back.

And don’t miss Mel’s kitty Marlowe in his second, camera-hogging appearance.

Things we talked about this week:

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes or Stitcher, or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. Nessa

June 19, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Didn’t Bill and Eric kill Nan beacuse she threatened to out Sookie’s fairy lineage?

June 19, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Yes, she did threaten Sookie and both of them reacted violently.

2. Nessa

June 19, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Salome is the character i’ve been most interested to see because I think that she may betray the Authority or at least Roman.
    (POSSIBLE SPOILER: Alan Ball and Chris Meloni have both hinted that Roman and Salome may be lovers)

In one of the episode summaries it says her true alligence is revealed & Lucy Griffins has said that Nora and Salome have a very close relationship which this episode possibly confirms beacuse when Nora is being dragged off the camera cuts to both Eric and Salome.

Is my theory plausable or do you think i’m reading to much in to the scene?

June 19, 2012 at 5:21 pm

I think you’re theory is entirely plausible. As I said in the podcast, I think Salome is loyal to herself first, and right now it’s in her best interest to be a part of the Authority. But it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if she were behind Nora’s double-agent activities.

• Madeleine

June 21, 2012 at 1:02 am

Could Salome and Nora even be lovers? Didn’t Nora call Salome “darling” when she arrived at the headquarters?

3. Viv

June 19, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I think Nan was killed because she had put everything together and figured out that Sookie was a fairy. So she was killed to keep it a secret.

Loving Steve Newlin’s attempts to snare Jason and his scenes with Jessica. What a party entrance!

4. Tina

June 19, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Hi Ladies! I love the site and I always look forward to the weekly radio episodes to hear your take on the latest show.
    Jason refers to Hoyte as Bubba again this week…could this be a tease to Hoyt’s future?!? Could Hoyt be the Bubba character? Wouldn’t it be amazing if Russel is Bubba’s (aka Hoyt) maker? I heard that Russel gets a new lover this season … Bubba could be his guy?

5. Kiki

June 20, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Watching Hoyt and his increasing rage, combined with some of the flashes in teasers… I’m wondering if he is going to become some sort of vampire assassin/hunter/slayer (whatever term you want to use).

6. tWoEleven

June 20, 2012 at 10:23 pm

In Episode 1, Pam mentioned that Tara would NOT be her 1st time as a maker. She said “I’ve done this before but it didnt end well” Could Pam be Steve Newlin’s maker

• Madeleine

June 21, 2012 at 12:58 am

Pam made a guy named Colin a year after she was turned, I don’t think she’s Newlins maker, and why would she?
      Maybe you got this idea becasue Newlin said his turning was a punishment, but he’s a liar (always was) so I don’t think we should count on it that it really was. Being humiliated and having a serious craving for power he might as well have asked for it.

• tWoEleven

June 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm

really were those details featured in the show or just the books? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Pam but alot of ppl are saying someone in the authority… more as this develops

• Madeleine

June 21, 2012 at 2:17 pm

It was mentioned in a special on HBO go, and is to find in Pam’s bio on True Blood Wiki.
          The assumption Newlin was turned by someone of the authority makes sense, how else could he knwo Bill’s no longer King?

7. Gill Davies

June 21, 2012 at 6:47 am

Total speculation here – Sookie doppelganger? Sam doing something insane and weird? What if Sam, in order to save Sookie from something, changes into Sookie as a distraction to the person/thing after Sookie? Then the pursuer chases after Sam/Sookie, and then Sam changes into something else, or reverts back to human, and is made ill by the process as his brother was.

• Elisha_Q

June 21, 2012 at 8:20 am

My thoughts exactly, but I am not sure that he can. Last season Luna said that you have to be the cause of death of your mother in order to change into a person. Unless Melinda was still alive when Sam and Tommy threw her body in the lake.
      Otherwise it might be that he changes into a lion, if there is a wolf war like in the book.

• Madeleine

June 21, 2012 at 10:15 am

In that case the alligator had been the cause of death, so neither Tommy nor Sam could become skinwalkers. And given how long Tommy was on his way (he killed his parents at nicht and I think it was already dark again when they dumped the bodies) it’s safe to assume Melinda was truly dead.

• Elisha_Q

June 21, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I rewatched it, according to Luna it’s just killing a member of your family, not specially the mother. But Luna’s mother died while giving birth to her. That is not exactly killing her to me, more like being there when she died.

June 21, 2012 at 7:35 pm

It apparently doesn’t matter, Elisha_Q. Luna’s mother dies giving birth to Luna = Luna is today, a skinwalker.