Friday Five: Anger Management Issues
Welcome back to the season 5 Friday Five feature that has become a favorite among our readers. This week we’re dealing with anger management issues that we’ve seen in the first couple of episodes of the new season. There are quite a few but I’m picking my own personal top five. Feel free to add yours in the comments below.
- Tara – Let’s just address the elephant in the room first off. This is one pissed off baby vampire. I can’t say that I blame her though. Tara has every valid reason in the book to despise vampires, yet in a moment of grief and selfishness, her own cousin and BFF bargain to have Pam turn her. It’s no wonder that her first act as a vampire is to attack Sookie and Lafayette. She would have been well within her rights to make them both vampires as well.
- Lafayette – The poor man has just lost his lover and cousin when in walks Alcide, who is trying to talk Sookie into becoming…whatever it is he wants her to become for him. Alcide, who represents all the darkness and horror that Lafayette has witnessed in the past year and a half or so. He’s definitely got some anger issues to work through.,
- Luna – The beautiful skinwalker is desperately trying to protect her daughter from the dangers that have been visited upon her via Marcus. In walks Sam, who’s life she just saved, and he’s trying to talk her into coming to some form of agreement to allow her mother-in-law visitation rights to Emma. Mind you, this is the same woman who only moments before, ate her son! Sam what are you thinking? Luna’s anger is justified.
- Hoyt – The man needs multiple sessions in Anger Management. After tossing the love of his life out of his house because he cannot fully accept who she is, he then gets pissy when his BFF sleeps with her. Now, I acknowledged that there is a certain code among the men-folk concerning exes, but that doesn’t mean I understand this code. Someone will have to explain this to me. When you tell your girlfriend to take a hike, doesn’t that mean she is free to see whoever she pleases? But Hoyt’s anger goes beyond the Jessica thing. He’s been angry for a long time because he’s always lived in Jason’s shadow, and never quite been able to measure up to him. I think part of that is his own fault but he truly did think of Jason as a brother, so I get it. However, feeling like a constant failure has its limits and Hoyt reached them with Jason’s last straw.
- Arlene – Arlene is completely in the dark concerning Terry. The only thing she knows is that he started acting crazy – crazier – with the arrival of his old military buddy, Patrick. Niether one of them will tell her anything but Terry is sleepwalking and displaying some violent tendencies. In a plea for help from Patrick, she tells him, “I’ve got kids!” Arlene and Luna are the momma bears in this picture and I fully believe that I would act the same way they are. “FIX THIS!”
So there you have it! Now I’m going to go and kick something.