True Blood 181: Whatever I Am, You Made Me

This week on True Blood Radio we discussed the latest episode, “Whatever I Am, You Made Me”, and how that title applied to several characters, plus the new faery in town, Jason’s surprising sexual past, Salome’s very sexual present, Tina Majorino has an app for everything, Pam’s strategy to force Eric to turn her into a vampire, and much more. We round out the episode with Comic Con news, ratings, and spoilers for episodes coming in July.

Things we talked about this week:

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes or Stitcher, or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. J

June 27, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Great episode 🙂

Tara must know Pam’s her maker. When Tara flew out of the ground in a rage, didn’t Pam say as your maker I command you not to bite Lafayette and Sookie.

• Alissa

June 27, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Yep I think Tara should know Pam is her maker. Also they have definitely crossed paths… a couple of times actually. Like at Fangtasia when Lafayette went to try and talk to Eric to tell him they didn’t have anything to do with what Marnie did to him the night at the coven meeting, Tara and Jesus went after him and Tara pulled the gun on Pam with the wooden bullets. There was also the time Pam was going to kill her and her girlfriend in the parking lot, at Merlottes I think it was. Also Pam was going to kill her in the cemetery at the standoff between Bill and Marnie and Bill ordered Pam not to harm Tara. So they definitely know each other.

I really loved this episode as a whole. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who enjoyed the scene between Alcide and Sookie. I loved when he told her he’s had her back from the day they met. It’s true, he did. I think they made it look like he may be going to tell the Pelt’s everything but I’m hoping he will just tell half truths if anything.

Can’t wait for the next week to see what Pam has to say when she goes to stop Tara(at least I hope she goes to smack some sense into her).

• J

June 27, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Agreed, Alcide is going to tell them she’s dead, but I don’t think he is going to outright tell them that Sookie did it.

• esw45

June 27, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Alcide has been a good friend and a very judgemental one as well like telling her what and who she should be involved with ……he is only a friend to me for sookie …..not a love interest which is what they will attempt to use him as in upcoming episodes i believe.

2. J

June 27, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I think Tara may indeed end up working at Fangtasia, I mean she was a bartender at Merlotte’s so she’d fit right in. At the very least she’ll probably spend a lot of time there so Pam can help her adjust to being a vampire. The fight she breaks up could be between jessica and another vamp girl who was coming on to Hoyt, since he is spending so much time there now trying to hook up with vamps. Maybe Jessica sees him in there and gets jealous and protective of him and a fight ensues… I dunno… just a guess.

June 28, 2012 at 10:09 am

It’s a good guess, J. It would make sense and would fit in with Jessica’s attempts to take care of her friends.

• Jen

June 29, 2012 at 9:55 am

That’s a good possibility. I also thought maybe she’s just laying down the law to regular vampire customers. It’s said that Tara is made to “toe the line”, I also assume it’s by working at Fangtasia. Some vamp customer might be messing with Tara the “baby vamp” and end up getting the fangs…. 😉

3. Liz

June 28, 2012 at 10:13 am

You guys are right about all those times that Tara and Pam have met. Sometimes Mel and I have brain-freeze when we record these podcasts because 1) we’re recording immediately following the airing of that week’s episode and are totally focused on it; 2) have been tweeting and live-chatting for an hour or more already; 3) it’s a very late night for us after generally a very busy day. We trust you guys to get those details right for us.

4. AMP PO

June 28, 2012 at 12:20 pm

RE Pam & Tara: there was a lot of interaction between Pam & Tara in S4, Pam attacked her a few times and swore to kill her, and Tara held a gun on her a few times (Fangtasia & the woods when Marnie rotted her). Plus, Pam was there when Tara awoke from the ground so of course she knows Pam is her maker. I’m thinking Pam will “call” her and she’ll stop the tanner & go to Fangtasia… rather than Pam going to get her (just because I think Eric is going to show up at Pams & she will be busy.

5. Jen

June 28, 2012 at 7:46 pm

About the “Lillith” thing- People have to understand that if you suddenly found out all this supernatural stuff was real, all the things that made up your world view-God/no God, people’s rights, etc would drastically change. The show is exploring how the world would react to it. Also, they have to explore how they all came to be. We have fights about it in the real world-Creation/Evolution, so they mirror those fights in the fake world of True Blood. It gives a richness to the story that they take bits and pieces from some real world beliefs to craft the religions. I think that on any show, they are just trying to tell a story. They aren’t trying to get you to put aside any faith you have/don’t have.

6. Christine

June 29, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I’m not sure if it’s something on my end, but anytime I listen to a show of yours, I always get feedback.

7. Jenny

June 30, 2012 at 11:14 am

I’m so excited for this season! All the story lines are interesting, and I’m with you ladies…. I’ve read the books, I want to see something that surprises me on the TV show! I am really interested in Salome, there is something going on there. Also I can’t wait to really see Russel again!

8. Shikatsu

July 1, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I just wanted to chime in that the reason we’re prolly seeing more nods to the books (this season) even small ones is last season especially a lot of people were very vocal about how far from the path they’ve gone and how disappointed some people were getting. I think this is their way of appeasing those people.

• Melissa

July 1, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I just do not understand why people cannot separate the two. The books are not the show, both are enjoyable on there own! 🙂