SPOILERS: The Stackhouse Siblings Are About To Be Stunned

We’ve been hearing from various critics who screened the first four episodes of True Blood in advance that the fourth episode is the best of the bunch. That episode, “We’ll Meet Again”, airs this Sunday, and we have some spoilers to share from a few sources.

From Zap2It:

Jason’s random run-in with his chatty cousin Hadley (Lindsey Haun) rocks his world, and — once she finds out the truth — Sookie’s too. The Stackhouses will be forced to reconsider everything they thought they knew about their family’s past.

What does Hadley reveal that shocks Jason and Sookie into questioning their past? They already know about the telepathy and faery blood, but could this have something to do with where that blood came from? Jason will visit a “secret club” in this episode that we’re pretty sure is Claude’s nightclub, staffed with faeries.

Zap2It also teases the Alcide/Sookie drunken kiss, a plot to kill Sookie, one of her former lovers doing whatever it takes to force Sookie to use her “gifts”, and Sam surrounded by dead bodies. It might be wise to take an aspirin before the episode begins to stave off a heart attack!

EW has a little insight into Terry’s storyline as he and Patrick go in search of former squad mate Todd. There is a “supernatural twist” to the story, but we’ve already been told it doesn’t involve vampires or werewolves. If Michael McMillian is to be believed, the new supernatural being is no stranger to fires:

There is a dragon. No joke.“@ktsammy:@McMillzz what is the new supernatural character that’s going to be joining#TrueBlood #YouMadeMe

Really? REALLY? This is also the episode when we flashback to Iraq in 2003 and witness the events that led to Terry’s PTSD.

“We’ll Meet Again” airs Sunday, July 1 at 9/8c on HBO.

1. Sheila

June 30, 2012 at 9:35 am

I haven’t read the books, but I’m thinking their parents didn’t die in a flood..

• Abel

June 30, 2012 at 12:40 pm

No parents were killed by the water faeries. In season three when sookie and claudine were reading eachothers minds she kinda told sookie that her parents werent killed by the flood.

• Jay

June 30, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Caludine told Sookie that, but given the events in Faerie and how they played out it is reasonable to think that Sookie may have come to doubt what she’s been told. Also this news stuns both Stackhouse siblings so I am thinking there is more to it than the simple revelation of their parents being murdered.

• Jay

June 30, 2012 at 12:56 pm

*Claudine. Ack!

2. esw45

June 30, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I believe that the revalation is that vampires killed their parents not the flood they were told because if you look at the second trailer they show Jason at the parents grave site talking about vampires getting away with things all the time which I believe is because of what he just found out from Hadley. If vampires are the reason why they died….then what vampire killed the parents? is it someone we know or someone we haven’t met yet or even worse is it Eric or Bill?

June 30, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I forgot about that scene, Eric. Good catch! It seemed so out of place in the preview, I couldn’t put it in context, but your spec makes sense.

• Ashley

July 4, 2012 at 3:15 am

I don’t think vampires really did kill Sookie and Jason’s parents. I think the faeries lied to Hadley.

The faeries haven’t shown that they are all trustworthy, far from it. Look at how they tried to harvest Sookie.

They probably want Hadley’s son Hunter, and Hadley probably needs to stick around until he gets older or until their done with her. Hadley doesn’t have the fae traits so she would be of no use to them.

That blonde fairy looked very suspicious, the one that told Hadley to be quiet about Sookie’s parents.

I don’t think we can say it’s vampires until the show shows us proof. Info given away so easily on a show that mostly relies on hints woven throughout the narrative to clue viewers in that they are going to reveal something big is automatically suspect to me. I think it’s misdirection.

3. aqp

June 30, 2012 at 3:14 pm

so excited! can’t wait to see this episode.

agree that the ‘revelation’ will be regarding the murder of jason and sookie’s parents. surprised at the thought of hadley in the Fae club, but glad to hear she’s alive and was not killed by vampires. now worried for her because of the Fae. even though hadley (that we know of thus far) has not shown Fae abilities, she DOES have the recessive gene-and evidenced by her son Hunter, who we know is a telepath. mab’s statement about ‘harvesting’ must have included rounding up the breeders as well. creepy…

sam gets invited for a run was teased earlier; and now it’s ‘he’s surrounded by corpses’…i hope they are not the group he’s become a part of and made friends with.
    why would anyone want to kill the mckittrick’s? i’ve seen the photos of jason in uniform walking away from their home-it’s a night shot, yellow police tape and officers standing in the front. but why kill them? can’t wait to see.

• Lou

July 2, 2012 at 1:16 pm

It seems like there are 2-3 different book plot lines all running through this season. I know in the books Sookie’s parents were killed by the water fairies, but a few times I have found myself asking which vampire killed their parents. Also wondering what the fairies main goal is and if they are telling Hadley the truth though. That will be interesting to see how that spun. Obviously with Sam’s friends being killed they are going with a small portion of book five, but I hated that they were killed off. I loved their banter back and forth. They were such a support for him and he so needs that right now. Come on Luna… you and Sam need each other now more than ever! I have been loving all the background on Pam, how she knew Bill, and why Eric made her into a vampire. That so explains all the animosity between the two. I love Tara as a vampire, but she needs to get back to her snarky self. Which she kinda does when talking to Bill “she got all maker on me”. LOVED IT! Would love to see Jessica and Tara talk since I think she could learn a lot from Jessica. Lala really needs to talk to Jesus about curbing the inner demon. I know he is still very new to his power, but he really does need some direction with that. I think Salome is a sanguinista… just something about how her and Nora look at each other, how Salome looks at everyone’s reaction when the kid vampire is outed, there is just something there I can’t quite put my finger on. She also knows a lot of random background on everyone so I have a feeling she is involved in the release of Russell Edgington.. AND LMAO! I loved that Roman calls Rev. Newlin “The new Nan Flanigan”. Also wondering if Jason’s cat loving teacher from high school is going to go all stalker on him. She just seemed off. And I am really anxious to see how the Judge got involved in the fairy Moulin Rouge! Will definitely be watching this one over and over till next Sunday!

• Rebecca

July 2, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I agree with you, Lou. Salome struck me as sanguinista-ish as well. I know she’s Roman’s right hand, um, er, gal? but she seems to keep leaning in the sanguinist direction with the things she says. Also, she was positive that Bill and Eric were NOT sanguinistas. How could she be so sure unless she had an inside track? I don’t think her personal interactions with Bill and Eric alone are enough to make that determination. I’m just sayin’

4. J

June 30, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I’m glad that Jason’s gonna be a big part of this episode!! 🙂

“one of her former lovers doing whatever it takes to force Sookie to use her “gifts”,”

Hmmm, well I’m pretty sure that would be Bill, but what is he gonna do… start threatening her friends and family until her lightening fingers kick in or something….. I dunno…

• esw45

June 30, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Yeah I would say that is Bill too that is forcing her to help …..Bill we all know he will do whatever he needs to get what he wants…..

• Gracie

June 30, 2012 at 10:26 pm

oh, god please dont make bill the villlain! 🙁 i want them to slowly get back together!

• Kurenai

June 30, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I think it’s more than likely for that person to be Eric.

• esw45

July 1, 2012 at 12:37 am

No its more likely to be bill…..what from watching this show for 5 seasons would make you believe its Eric? Bill always has plans and looks out for himself.

• J

July 1, 2012 at 1:54 am

To me Bill’s protectiveness is really possessiveness and in the preview when they’re talking about sookie helping them with Russell Eric looks really sad and says he doesn’t think sookie wants anything to do with them, and Bill is all: I say we don’t give her the choice.

I dunno I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be Bill seems like he’s always looking out for number one and he’s the politician and so on and so forth…

• tlj22001

July 1, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I think you are right. Considering that Eric has already chained her in his dungeon and what not, it is more likely to be Eric who’s going to be the baddy. Eric has always been portrayed as the ruthless one who will do anything to get what he needs.

• Art

July 1, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I like bad Eric better than the Eric we saw last season.

• tlj22001

July 1, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I can only agree 🙂

• donna

July 2, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Might be Eric, I don’t think he does rejection very well.
          My question is how many days have passed? Eric has slepted with 2 women and Bill 1. And now Sookie is going to be jumping in the bed with Alcede, oh to be a fly on a wall!

• Ashley

July 4, 2012 at 2:58 am

And Bill hasn’t done anything bad or ruthless to get what he wants? Just saying. I completely disagree that Bill hasn’t been portrayed as someone who will do anything to get what he wants. The difference between them Bill makes sure to cover up his ruthless behavior and make it appear as something else, as some noble or self-sacrificing action.

Eric is honest about his ruthlessness, he doesn’t try and sugar coat it or disguise it, and his ruthlessness is often to protect people he loves. On the surface it may look like something else, but the truth lies in the intent and motivation.

And as we can see, it was in fact Bill that wants to force Sookie to help them with Russell. I’m not saying that Eric won’t go along with this, he can’t stop Bill from doing it, but it was not his idea and he clearly wanted to get out of there and give Sookie space and continue looking for Russell. Bill obviously called Eric to Sookie’s as Eric said “awkward time for a drop in Bill”, basically asking him why they were there.

• Blomman

July 2, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Well i think it will be apart of something that will change Sookies mind about her relationship to vampires this or next season. And probebly be part of some vampire stuff that have to do with the athority that Bill know of and have went past Eric . Sookie isent supose to like the kings , queens and the athority . Hoppfuly it will be in Eric and Pams favor to , not that i doubt that he also will be helpt out to . When Bill also are in just as big truble , her ” first ” love .

5. Barry

June 30, 2012 at 5:35 pm

this episode sounds immense!

6. Tracy

July 1, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Now that the show is kicking into high gear, i have to admit its a FANTASTIC season. I think its a good twist, that they said that the Stakehouse parents were kicked by vampires…since their father’s blood would have been irresistiable, due to the amount of fae blood. Since fairies cant lie (or maybe they can in the Alan Ball TRUE BLOOD universe), then this will put out a new question…WHO KILLED THEM? I’m glad that Alcide is going to replace the romance wiht Quinn this season, too. It makes more sense, from the standpoint of TV show, with limited amounts of new faces in such a show. It could be argued that the books have TOO many characters, since even Harris cant keep them straight. I loved HOLLIGANS!!! IT was AMAZING! SO, now we have ALL FOUR BARS in the show…Merlottes, Hair of the Dog, Fangtasia, and Hooligans. I guess CLaude will show up in the next show or so..or else WHY was he introduced? AND, we still have to meet Claudette. I guess Tara is going to be the “Jake Prufoy” character, the self hating vampire. AND, you got the sacred vampire knife. LEts hope Eric steals that thing for his plan to “protect” Sook. This was SUCH a good episode. Sookie had a lot of emotional places to go to, which was amazing to watch. I guess the Pelt parents are content…or ARE they? SO many pieces of the books are coming into view now. However, I wonder where this season is headed? Sure, getting Russel to the agency, but MORE than that? I bet that Sookie will be endangered by the end of season 5, so that Eric will come up with a way to save her. AND, i wonder if they WILL write Tara out of the show. Since Alan Ball wrote epi.6, i bet that will be pivotal. What a cool show!!!

• Michele

July 3, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Where was the sacred vampire knife? i must have missed it, i only saw the stake that Roman used to kill the little kid vampire, who’s name i can’t remember, (Drew something)

• Ashley

July 4, 2012 at 2:50 am

I think Hadley telling Jason that vampires killed their parents is midirection.

The faeries aren’t trustworthy, we’ve seen this already with Sookie almost getting trapped up in Fae world.

And the could have fed Hadley that story to continue with their harvesting or whatever other plans they have.

That blonde fairy that warned Hadley to be quiet looked particularly suspicious. I don’t trust that they necessarily told Hadley the truth. They could want Hunter, as he has the fae traits and that’s the only reason Hadley even made it in. And using vampires as a way to get them there is a good strategy.

I don’t think we can trust it was really vampires until we get something actually confirming this is true. True Blood is full of twists and misdirection.

7. tina

July 2, 2012 at 11:36 pm

The season startec out slow, but Sunday tapped the gas. I think we are going to find that Eric has a secret friend in fairy (sookie 2x granddad) and that’s how eric knew bill had feed her blood the first night they meet (3rd season). Bill is going to be an ass this season. We are going to see his dark side. Tara she is already getting on my last nerves, (she’s jealous of sook and who the hell told u to jump in front of a shotgun), get a life and stop blaming everybody for your issues. Alcide and Sookie aren’t going to get to close this season, it feels like there is going to someone cock blocking.

8. Mexton

July 3, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I hope this Sunday has more action other than LaLa’s demon side and the Authority’s temper tantrums.

July 3, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Terry’s flashback wasn’t enough for you? What about Jason and Andy’s visit to the fairy world? Jessica glamouring Andy to forget about the Debbie Pelt case? Sam finding the two shifters dead? I don’t know, I thought there was plenty of action, but I don’t know what your idea of action is.

• Ashley

July 4, 2012 at 2:44 am

I agree that there was plenty of action. However, I have to admit, so far I think Terry’s storyline is boring. It might pick up but I find myself losing interest, I think it’s because it’s too disjointed from the rest of the storylines.