Tonight on True Blood: “We’ll Meet Again” {Live Chat}

We’re in the thick of the season now, and tonight’s episode of True Blood promises to be pack full of action and surprises. The search for Russell heats up, Sookie and Jason rethink what they know about their family, Terry hits the road to find out who – or what – is starting those fires, and the Pelts want answers about what happened to Debbie.

Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Bill (Stephen Moyer) have doubts they will survive the search for Russell (Denis O’Hare). Sookie (Anna Paquin) opens up to Alcide (Joe Manganiello). An irate Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) unwittingly puts Sookie’s life in danger. At Authority headquarters, Roman (Christopher Meloni) and Salome (Valentina Cervi) continue interrogating Nora (Lucy Griffiths) about the Sanguinistas – and a possible traitor within the Council. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) forces Tara (Rutina Wesley) to toe the line; Andy (Chris Bauer) and Jason (Ryan Kwanten) go to a burlesque party; Sam’s (Sam Trammell) shifter friends invite him for a run; Terry (Todd Lowe) flashes back to a deadly night in Iraq; Hoyt (Jim Parrack) tests the fangbanger waters; Sookie drowns her sorrows.

Please note: we’re trying a new live chat option this week. We’d love to have you join us by registering/logging in below (click the PROFILE link under the chat window) and joining our group. The chat room will be open all day with the official live chat beginning at 8:45/7:45c as usual.

While we’re waiting for tonight’s episodes, check out these features you may have missed:

1. Crissyg

July 1, 2012 at 10:33 pm

just keeps getting better!! love this season so far

• Madeleine

July 2, 2012 at 12:57 am

It certainly gets more intense with every episode, but splitting up Eric and Pam? Why? That is so awful. And Pam becoming all motherly out of the sudden and in a heartbeat feels so out of character, that’s nothing like her and in a few seconds she develops a profound bond?

• Stephy B

July 2, 2012 at 1:02 am

She is her maker! Its like a mother’s bond with her child. It’s natural. And Eric told her to keep the royal blood line going strong.

• Madeleine

July 2, 2012 at 2:07 am

But Pam had no desire to become a maker and no time to get used to her new status, it just feels hasty.
          And Tara, the person who hates Vampires so much she teams up with a witch to kill them all and loathes herself for being one so badly she tries to kill herself, is now suddenly good enough to keep Godric’s bloodline going? Isnt’t that at least tinged with a bitter taste? Not to forget Pam wanted to become a Vampire and loves her existence, in that they are (so far) on completely different pages.
          I’m just considering where we are now, not what might happen in the future, I’m sure Tara will come to terms at some point, but up to this point she had no time to do so, neither had Pam, that strikes me as odd.

• Stephy B

July 2, 2012 at 11:57 am

You keep saying that like Tara has a choice! She didn’t ask to be turned. Eric and Pam’s bond had hundreds of years to grow. Tara’s been a vamp for 3 days. She is ultimately obliging Eric’s wish by taking care of his one and only Grand vamp.

July 2, 2012 at 9:31 am

They aren’t “split up”, not really. Eric broke their blood bond so she would be protected from whatever punishment the Authority might mete out on him, but as you can clearly see from that sweet scene, they still care deeply for each other. It’s not like Pam is going to quit being around him.

• Madeleine

July 2, 2012 at 10:07 am

I hope she will be around, still an important period came to an end. There will be less interaction and I find that saddening, because they had such great chemistry and truly belonged to each other.
          And I don’t like the direction in wich Pam’s character is heading, the change is too sudden for me, too profound, too opposite to her old self. A Pam-Tara-bond seems like a very poor and disappointing substitute to me, compared with the deep love between Eric and Pam anyway.

2. Nichole

July 2, 2012 at 8:24 am

Is it just me or was Pam suddenly sounding very Sanguinista when she was coaching Tara while eating? That worried me.

• Madeleine

July 2, 2012 at 11:50 am

No need to worry, Pam’s certainly not Sanguinista. She just prefers to feed of humans, and there are plenty of volunteers around, they all walk out alive.
      And really who could blame her? Imagine you had only four more or less tasteless micro-wave meals to eat for the rest of your life? A (hopefully) very long life.

3. Madeleine

July 2, 2012 at 12:20 pm

@Stephy B : I think you got me wrong. I’m well aware that Tara had no choice, please notice I already said she will very likely come to terms, wich will be especially hard for her considering her feelings and who turned her.
    My personal impression is that the writers rushed things along a bit, maybe I didn’t express that clear enough. Are we good? 😉