VIDEO: A Look at Ep. 5.06 – “Hopeless”

Next week on True Blood, Hoyt provokes Jessica, Lafayette visits Ruby Jean, we see the fairies again, Russell has Sookie cornered then falls before Roman, and Nora shows Eric what Lilith means to her. Watch this peek at next week’s new episode, Hopeless.

1. Lizzy

July 8, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Hoyt’s gone off the deep end. He takes that turn in the conversation with Jessica, has that creepy look when the vampire he’s with is killed outside, and gets into the van with the Neck (thank you Lafayette) crazies. Somethings gotta give with him. Both him and Jason need buddies right now.

Did Ruby Jean take Jesus’ body? Why is she so calm about his head being right there and talking to her??

What the hell are the fairies doing?? Sookie is going to have her hands full when she jumps into that.

July 9, 2012 at 2:27 am

“I’m excited to see Kibwe out and about… I was wondering why I didn’t see him during Roman’s speech.”

Maybe that’s because he’s in Shreveport? Wasn’t that him joining Eric and Bill in that hospital with a bunch of V-feds?
      It looks like Kibwe’s picking them all up and takes them back to the headquarters.

• Lizzy

July 10, 2012 at 4:33 pm

I agree he’s there, but I was thinking he was more working with them to wrangle Russell, rather than against them… which would be the nice bit. I can’t wait to see an Authority Chancellor fight. But a thought that just came to me…. depending on when he arrives Kibwe may see Sookie’s microwave fingers. Nan (RIP girl) was killed to keep that secret, and now less than a week later (right?) another Authority member could find out.

July 10, 2012 at 10:36 pm

I don’t think help is to be expected from the authority. Russell’s not killed, so the authority has something in mind regarding him (if I recall correctly there’s also a spoiler about that), Kibwe’s purpose seems to be to apprehend them all and forward them.

• Lizzy

July 11, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I’ve seen Eric back in the jail cell.. I know Kibwe isn’t there to take Russell and let Bill and Eric go free. I realize they still have the traitor allegations to deal with. What I’m saying is at that moment, there in the asylum, Russell will have someone else to deal with and I’m excited to see it be Kibwe. He seems to be the most reasonable Authority member and I like him. I just hope that when they are fowarded Sookie won’t be included.

July 12, 2012 at 2:05 am

@Lizzy : wasn’t Eric standing in front of Nora’s cell?
        Kibwe appeares to be reasonable, but I’m not counting on it 😉

2. J

July 8, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I feel like “Lets Boot and Rally” was a prelude for this episode. I loved it, but I think this episode is gonna be waaaayyy intense and action packed!! 🙂 Can’t wait!

3. Mittie

July 9, 2012 at 12:23 am

I think Ruby Jean is okay with Jesus’ head being in her room because either she’s always seen stuff like that and that’s why people think she’s crazy or she IS crazy and Jesus can communicate w/her because they were friends. Unfortunately, no matter the reason, I have a feeling that no one will initially believe her.
    And Hoyt HAS lost it, Jason will lose it (he’ll do it to get revenge on the Vampires for supposedly killing his parents … I’m hoping that’s not what happened and they’ll stick with what happened in the books for that, it’d make things more interesting) and Lafayette will have to figure out how to control himself before he loses it.
    I’m not really interested in the storyline that Terry has going … especially after reading some spoilers on it and I have no idea why it’s really going on except for the fact that they have to keep all of the main characters doing *something* ..

4. StaceyJ

July 9, 2012 at 2:08 am

I am so excited to see the new episode.. I just hope Luna and Sam make it threw.

July 9, 2012 at 2:29 am

I’m not sure about Luna, doesn’t look that good. That would mean … Martha gets a hold on Emma, Sam won’t like that. I see more trouble with werewolves for the poor guy.

5. Nokturhn

July 9, 2012 at 4:59 am

What do you think guys ? Will Sam and Luna survive ?

• J

July 9, 2012 at 6:26 am

I believe Sam will, but Luna won’t.

• esw45

July 9, 2012 at 9:03 am

I am sure Sam will make it but Luna probably wont

• Debbie

July 9, 2012 at 9:10 am

Both will survive. They are in the spoilers for future episodes.

July 11, 2012 at 1:43 pm

It just came to me : Sam and Luna were shot by the same kind of bullets Nan’s “storm-troopers” used on Sophie-Ann.

“Their bullets are wooden?”
      “With a silver core. Nothing but the best for my queen.”

Could there be some meaning to it? That’s a very specific detail to mention…..

6. Rina

July 9, 2012 at 11:22 am

I’m dying to see the next episode. I want to see Sookie blast Rusell (or at least puke on him the rest of the liquor that’s in her stomach lol).

• J

July 9, 2012 at 8:14 pm

lol me too! I hope her fairy fingers hurry up and kick in! 🙂

7. Kurenai

July 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Well it seems Hoyt is gonna get his heart crushed even more b/c Jessica does care for him …but she doesn’t care about him in that way anymore and b/c she’s a vampire she’s being territorial. This explanation that I’m sure she’ll give will only further make him not only deepen his self-hatred but his hatred of vampires too.

• GeeGee

July 9, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I don’t know why, but I feel it is not going to end well for Hoyt.

• Kurenai

July 9, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I think he’ll be fine …at least physically that it is. It’s Jessica who I have a bad feeling for. After all a main character is dying this season.

8. Helen

July 9, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Yaayy, Russell is back! I can’t wait to see what he’s got up his sleeve.

9. Ashley

July 9, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Hoyt needs to stop being so pathetic. He thinks he’s rebelling but he just looks like a desperate idiot. I think this fire monster is a bit far fetched. They could have thought of something better than that. And did they really think russell was going to be just sitting there by himself? I can’t wait to see what happens this Sunday. Hopefuly some action takes place!!

• Kurenai

July 9, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Yes, Hoyt is not doing the right thing but to call him pathetic b/c his girlfriend at the time was cheating on him with his best friend and he doesn’t know how to deal with it…

July 9, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Play nice please. I edited your comment.

July 10, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I agree, Hoyt has no idea to deal with this, to make it worse he has nobody to talk it through, he has to sort things out on his own, that will take some time. He’s not intentionally behaving this way to rebell, he’s deeply hurt, feels betrayed and is torn between all kinds of impulses. I think he will get mixed up with the wrong crowd but eventually he will come around.

July 9, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I like the Ifrit! It’s totally unexpected and something new that hasn’t been done to death. I’d be interested to know what you think would be better.

• Ashley

July 10, 2012 at 8:28 am

Ultimately i think it all depends how they play it out..is it going to just be a smoke and fire or will it be someone who morphs into this monster. The only reason i was thinking its a little fetched is because now the elements are being brought in. like if there is something supernatural to do with fire there could also be other creatures or monsters to do with water,earth,sand etc. Its just a very boad subject. im curious to see if anyone else will witness the frit besides them. who do you think would win..frit or vampire

• Blomman

July 10, 2012 at 11:57 am

Eric have mentioned a watter god season 4 and ther are also a god of earth . The Vikings hade pretty mutch a god for everything , they are the gods of asars . Oden and Thor the most well known .
          I think you just described true blood , a show with myths and alot of magic . I think it´s fun doow ( wonder what they will do ..), i havent read about these myths like lilith and ilfirit . It´s not everyday you do and think it make a god story line .Also i think vampires would know about this one and been tought to never let humans who belived in them speak if they chosse to kill ( prob a rutine to ) . Also it seams you can run from it aswell and maybe stop to somehow ( the meanade seem to be the worst to get rid of lol ) so i would say a vampire could win .

• Blomman

July 10, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Ps : agre with you on Hoyt , somehowe i did think more of him . Sure Jessica is he´s first but still .. i wouldent think Jessica would be worth all that , she being a young vampre and all. He should have raise abouve it , i dident find it cute at all . Jessica made a choice and he should take it as a chance to find someone better for him instead .

• Jay

July 10, 2012 at 8:25 pm

It wasn’t simply Jessica making a choice though. It was about how it lead up to where they were. You can’t just look at it simply as Jessica broke up with Hoyt and now things are the way they are.

All three involved in that mess of an intertwined relationship have played a part in its demise. Hoyt, Jessica and Jason. Of all the people though I put a great deal of the blame on Jessica who seems to be getting the least of the negative repercussions out of the situation that she originally created. And before you protest keep in mind that Jessica was the one who began to associated feeding with sex which only naturally caused Hoyt’s insecurity and jealousy to flare up when she confessed to feeding on that random fang banger. And who knows if Jason’s blood is even somewhat similar (yummy?) to Sookie’s adding a whole new element.

In short, they are all to blame but Jessica started it all by being naive about her new state of life and ultimately what she wanted in a relationship. I expect this to continue for a while with disaster looming in the horizon considering where all three are currently at in the story.

• Blomman

July 10, 2012 at 11:28 am

I like the ilfirt and the storys about myths to . One thing i like about true blood is that the show have alot of myths and magic . Ägar is my favorit , the watter god of the asars the gods of vikings . That Eric mentioned season 4 when Sookie tried to get a drunk vampire back home from the leake .

July 10, 2012 at 10:49 pm

“He thinks he’s rebelling but he just looks like a desperate idiot.”

He’s not intentionally behaving this way because he wants to rebell, he’s deeply hurt and desperate and acting out of anger and disappointment. His girlfriend cheated on him with his best friend, he feels betrayed by both of them and due to his lack of experience he has no idea how to deal with that. To make it worse Hoyt has nobody to talk about this stuff, it’s hard for him to sort this out. So of course he’s torn between all kinds of impulses. Right now he’s vulnerable and it is to be feared he will choose the wrong company and be dragged into a real mess. That’s hardly reason to call him pathetic and I believe he will come around.

July 11, 2012 at 1:12 am

Now if we could just get you to extend that same compassion and understanding to Tara… 😉

July 11, 2012 at 1:36 am

I’ve so counted on somebody to go there again 😉
          I can see why you think I don’t have any compassion or understanding for Tara, but that was never the case. All I wanted to express was that she shouldn’t be absolved for all her actions just because of her past.
          And comparing them is hardly possible, this acting out is an extreme behaviour for Hoyt, quite opposite to his usual demeanor.

• Jai

July 11, 2012 at 9:29 am

I actually liked Tara better this episode. I enjoyed the small bit of bonding between her and Jessica. I am interested to see how their altercation will play out in the next episode…

July 12, 2012 at 2:14 am

There was one thing I don’t understand ; Tara was able to resist the impuls to feed on this girl who’s car broke down, and now it appeares she couldn’t stop herself from draining Hoyt a bit too much. The way he slides down the wall gave me that impression.
            I hope this doesn’t get in the way of her and Jessica becoming friends, I think it would make things much easier for Tara if she had someone like Jessica to talk to. I’m almost expecting Jessica inciting Tara to reconcile with Sookie and Lafayette, I would like to see that.

10. J

July 9, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Just a spontaneous thought, I’m wondering if Alcide’s father will be one of the wolves guarding Russell..?

And maybe that’s why they argue…. they are on opposite sides, but Alcide’s father won’t let him get hurt so he tells him to get out of there…. I dunno 🙂

July 10, 2012 at 10:11 am

I don’t like the idea of Jackson joining Russell’s bunch of V-addicts. But I expect him to give Alcide a hard time about not becoming pack-master.

11. Michele

July 10, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Anyone think that’s Lilith resurrecting Russell? It’s just too easy to think it’s Nora or Salome. This could be our introduction to her character. Also is she’s old enough to be Russell’s maker…..

• Bryan

July 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I’m thinking the same thing. How awesome would that be if Lilith is still alive and she is Russells maker? That would be an amazing story line.

• Lizzy

July 10, 2012 at 4:18 pm

But would Lilith have an Authority necklace on?

• Jkk2110

July 10, 2012 at 7:10 pm

It seems like Nora’s praying is more like “channeling” something i.e. Lilith? Whether it the real Lilith or in her own mind is are to tell right now. It’s strange that Nora has practically fallen apart emotionally during her torture and I’m wondering if she is going a little crazy and “thinks” that Lilith is coming possible through her? In the promo Eric questions her “What is happening?”

As far as who dug Russel out, well my bet is on Salome for sure and I would not be surprised if more than just Salome is involved in the movement. They all but mocked Roman when he and Salome were absent from the table last episode.

Is anyone else feeling so pumped about Sookie? Finally she is acting like the Sookie we all know from the books, its great! More Sookie!!!

Love, love the your podcast Liz and Mel. I NEVER MISS AN EPISODE. Have fun at Comic Con!

July 11, 2012 at 12:33 am

Why not? The symbol itself might be much older as the authority.

12. TBGR

July 11, 2012 at 7:52 am

Guys, if you hear very carefully when Sookie reads the mind of the parking keeper holding Russell, you will hear the voice of Salome telling: “Gently”.

I am 100% sure that it is her who freed Russell. But from who she was informed for Russell whereabouts remains a mystery.

Maybe Russell is her maker OR Eric told Nora and then Nora told Salome as an exchange to promote her to the Authority.

Another thing I don’t understand is whoever freed Russell and took him to that abandoned hospital why he/she made the parking keeper take Russell to the hospital and then just glamoured and let him go instead of giving him to Russell. Especially when he/she had a bunch of people hanged to feed Russell.

July 11, 2012 at 8:34 am

Making the big guy carry Russell is understandable, as a member of the authority you don’t want to get dirty and you’re used to have people working for you. And whoever freed Russell could not possibly foresee a fairy would come along and read his mind, to glamour big guy should’ve been enough. So the only question is why not feed him to Russell? Gratitude for his help? Or enough “live stock”? Maybe he was simply not to Russell’s liking….

• J

July 11, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Hmm I agree, it is a little strange that Russell didn’t eat him after he carried him into the hospital….maybe whoever dug Russell out wanted him to go free so that he would tell Alcide that Russell had been dug up…. dunno…. 🙂

• J

July 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm

as in maybe they didn’t want to keep it a secret that Russell had risen…

July 11, 2012 at 2:17 pm

With or without Doug, the hole in the lot was pretty obvious. Why is Alcide’s staff still on site anyway? Shouldn’t they be done after a year?

• J

July 11, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Hmm that’s true, why would Doug just be hanging around the site? Maybe a random person saw the hole and called it in to Doug… I dunno

• Jkk2110

July 11, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Yes that is true, also you can hear a female voice say “thank you” and it sounds a lot like Salome!!!

13. TBGR

July 11, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Well, I am pretty sure now that is Salome. On the new trailer, she is shown at 0:08 crying. Obviously for Roman who’s going to be killed by Russell (1:58). That pretty fits, that’s why Salome was trying to change Roman’s mind about the Sanguinistas. She knew what is coming and she was trying to save Roman.

14. J

July 13, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Clips are up and the one with Eric and Alcide is awesome!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

July 14, 2012 at 2:37 am

Agreed! The look on Alcide’s face is priceless! Such a little tidbit, but it certainly raised my spirits, that’s the way I like Eric best, he just can’t help to add one selfish suggestion 😉