True Blood Radio 183: Let’s Boot and Rally

This week our editor, Mynda, steps in for Mel who is road tripping to San Diego for Comic Con to talk about True Blood episode 5.05, “Let’s Boot and Rally”. Join Liz and Mynda in the discussion (Russell! “Dead” extras!) plus a few news items and spoilers in this week’s episode of True Blood Radio.

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes or Stitcher, or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. Kiki

July 11, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Have fun at Comic Con ladies!

2. Viv

July 11, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Hey Mynda, great job covering for Mel. Enjoy comic con. I wish I lived in the US so I could go too!

• Mynda

July 15, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Thank you Viv! I was nervous, but it was fun!

3. Alexa

July 11, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Sooooooooooooooo jealous! I didnt realize the true blood panel is on my Bday! I soo would have liked to go! Have fun for me ladies! I’ll vicariously live through you! haha

• Alissa

July 12, 2012 at 8:26 pm

That’s my birthday too Alexa! Happy Birthday 🙂

• Alexa

July 14, 2012 at 12:28 am

You too ALissa! My mom was gona get me a True BLood cake! lol lol

4. Jessica

July 12, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I don’t know if anyone noticed but they kind of clearly showed who let Russel out.

When Sookie was delving into Doug’s mind, he looked at the vampire who was releasing Russel and that vampire was wearing a necklace.

Literally the next shot after they showed that necklace was of Nora.

Wearing that same necklace.

So unless that’s some huge, giant coincidence, it seems likely that it was Nora that dug him up seeing as how they were wearing the same necklace. Sookie even pointed it out after.

I could be wrong! But that’s what I took from that scene. Both you ladies, and Billie Doux, didn’t notice that, so it could really just be me reading too much into it haha. Loved the podcast as usual though! Thanks ladies and have fun at the Con!

5. Jessica

July 12, 2012 at 6:08 pm

“It’s been an honor serving you gentleman.” I’m pretty sure that’s what Molly said haha

anyway! Onto my little anecdote…

So I noticed you guys talking about whether it’s Solomn (spelling?) that freed Russel. Well, I kind of have my own theory. When they showed the scene of the person digging up the vampire and Sookie was looking into Doug’s mind, they showed a very interesting little tidbit that I think went mostly unnoticed.

The the scene where Sookie is reading Doug’s mind, he glances over to the person who is digging Russel out and they show this person wearing a necklace. And then they immediately cut away to a scene with Nora.

Who is wearing the same necklace.

Now I don’t know if this is just a huge coincidence, but it certainly lead me to believe that it was in fact Nora who dug up Russel. Who knows? It could just have been a giant misleading trap. they’ve done that to me before!! haha. Loved the podcast as always though, and have fun on Comic Con ladies!

6. Alissa

July 12, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Good Job Mynda! Have a safe trip ladies.

• Mynda

July 15, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Thank you so much Allssa! Trip is winding down. I’m still on the fuzzy side of the grass!

7. Kim O

July 13, 2012 at 10:27 am

Great job Mynda.

• Mynda

July 15, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Thank you Kim! I appreciate your support!

8. Rina

July 13, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Great job with the podcast, ladies. Loved your insights. Mynda. Have a great fun at Comic-Con.

• Mynda

July 15, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Thanks Rina! It’s going to be a real hoot with all three of us next time! I don’t think I can rub two brain cells together right now.

9. emax

July 13, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Still hoping Terry’s “craziness” will tie in with weremarines….would be a great way to introduce more of the werewolf story……