True Blood Round Table Discussion: LET’S BOOT AND RALLY

It’s another round table discussion with the TV Fanatic team, Matt Richenthal, Chris O’Hara, Leigh Raines, Jim Garner – must be Wednesday! This week we rallied around Jessica when asked to choose sides in the Tara Wars. We also talked about Alcide and Sookie, Jason’s PJs and the most disturbing moment from Let’s Boot and Rally. Click on the link to read what we thought.

Round Table Discussion: Let’s Boot and Rally

1. laura

July 11, 2012 at 6:38 pm

If Alcide dies, in next episode, I am through watching this!

• Madeleine

July 12, 2012 at 8:09 am

Really? There’s nothing interesting on the show except Alcide? I would certainly miss him (of course he’s so not going to die, plus we’ll meet his dad, I’m so looking forward to that) but not enough to quit the show. There’s so much going on right now, I can’t wait how it all plays out.

• Helen

July 12, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Let’s not jump to conclusions. Personally, I don’t think Alan Ball would kill off a main character that’s also a major player in the books.

2. esw45

July 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm

He ain’t gonna die

3. Rina

July 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Alcide is not going to die. He’s one of the lead characters.

4. Alissa

July 12, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I was reading the Round Table discussion and someone mentioned how Tara was wrong for feeding on Hoyt when she just became friends with Jessica. But I thought for a bit and I’m not so sure Tara was around enough to know about Jessica and Hoyt’s relationship. She was gone for at least a year of it when she went to New Orleans and before that she was either under Maryanne’s spell or in Jackson with Franklin(which pretty much happened one after the other). I could be wrong but I’m just not sure she knew about them.

It did look like Tara may have been drinking a bit too long, but then he looked ok when he was talking to Jessica at the table.

• Madeleine

July 12, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Why shouldn’t Tara accept Hoyt’s offer? And I don’t think Jessica was mad about it, she just came to Hoyt’s aid when Tara couldn’t restrain herself. The way Hoyt looked when he was sitting at the table makes me think he had Jessica’s blood. But even that experience doesn’t bother him much, as we see in the preview he comes back for more (he’s wearing different clothes so I assume that’s happening the following night) and offers himself to another Vampire.

• Madeleine

July 14, 2012 at 2:46 am

“It did look like Tara may have been drinking a bit too long”

As we assumed Jessica’s reaction was not about jealousy but about saving Hoyt (I hope I can post the video from ComicCon) :

• Alissa

July 15, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Yeah looks like Tara would have killed him if Jessica hadn’t stopped her