Tonight on True Blood: “Hopeless” {LIVE CHAT}

Oops, almost forgot to post our preview and live chat for tonight’s True Blood episode! It’s called “Comic Con brain” and it’ll do you in every time. Tonight’s episode marks the halfway point through the season, and we had more than one person associated with the show tell us this weekend that it’s amazing. A couple of people even said it’s their favorite episode of the entire series. Excited?

The aftermath at the asylum leaves Sookie with an eerie sense of foreboding. At Fangtasia, Pam breaks up a vamp-girl fight, praising Tara for her tenacity. Lafayette visits Ruby Jean (Alfre Woodard), who also received a disturbing message from Jesus. Fearing for his family’s safety, Terry blames his curse for his troubles with Arlene (Carrie Preston). Alcide challenges J.D. (Louis Herthum); Sam offers to help Andy investigate the recent shootings; Roman lays out his plans to take out Russell.

Since we are still in San Diego, and still have events to attend, we’re opening the live chat now and will let it run without moderation through all airings of the episode. Please remember to be nice to each other, and no posts to illegal streams or downloads!

While you wait, here are some features to catch up on:

1. Lola

July 15, 2012 at 9:28 pm

This episode had me screaming “I knew it!” by the end. Sad to see Roman go, just when I was warming up to him. But I do love Russel, so I guess we gotta take the good with the bad. And Salome- it was so obvious which team she was on from Day One.

• Angk

July 15, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Yes it was to obvious actually. A little confused though about why Sookie was crying after Bill did a fake glamour on her. I do believe Russel has been the best ever Bad guy hehe.

• Jennifer

July 16, 2012 at 10:24 am

Well last night was awesome! Although I loved Roman and that really made me mad to see him go! I called Salome a traitor from day one so that was no surprise. Angk I think Sookie was crying because of the things Bill said to her .Even though it was fake glamour, it was sort of symbolic of her life not being the same without Bill and Eric in it anymore. Saying she wouldn’t remember them and she would live her life how it should be lived without vampires, as a human, I think it just tore at her heart. I wonder are we ever going to actually see Lillith? Also who do you think will die this season? Definitely a major character is going to die in the next few episodes, I think Hoyt or Terry are expendable.

• sarah

July 17, 2012 at 1:52 pm

she’s crying because she wants to be glamoured. She wants to be normal, like a human. Which is what this next episode is going to focus on, or where are crazy emotional stackhouse is hung up on the moment. If she loses her powers I’ll be pissed. Hope not. It would be cool if Jason could acquire a few of his own, even though that does not happen in the books.

• Madeleine

July 16, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Salome is not alone in the whole treachery, Nora’s in on it, Kibwe as well and neither Rosalyn nor Diether even tried to aide Roman. Molly’s getting suspicious in my opinion too, not only did the i-stake malfunction, it seems she’s replacing Drew, another protege of Salome?
      And I was thinking Bill’s starting to change, he’s not just covering his bases, I wonder if he really fell for what Salome told him, he was so relaxed, almost cheerful around the Chancellors.
      Loved how Eric added the little selfish suggestion when he glamoured Alcide, how Sookie figured that out immediately and un-glamoured him (kind of odd she got that so quickly, she almost prattled away when Bill pretended to glamour her).
      How did Russell get the Shreveport pack to serve him? Did I miss something?
      And just when she needs it most Sookie’s ability is kind of hazy and interrupted by static, Hadley appeares to be a pawn in Claude’s game, I’m curious wht he’s up to, I don’t trust him.

2. Goldie Jean

July 16, 2012 at 10:58 am

I was just shocked that Roman went out without our ever having seen him outside the council chambers or the bedroom. And why on earth did everyone just stand there? Bill and Eric definitely looked like they didn’t know if they should run to Roman’s aid or just get the hell out of there.