Charlaine Harris Puts Period to Sookie’s Story, “Dead Ever After”

Charlaine Harris just posted on her Facebook page that she has completed the final book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, Dead Ever After.

DEAD EVER AFTER is complete. I know I’ll have to do rewrites on a few sections after I read my editor’s notes, but the story is all there. Now to think about Australia and New Zealand!

I can’t help but wonder how she’s feeling right now. The book hits the streets May, 2013.

1. Dory

July 20, 2012 at 10:44 am

Maybe the Mayans will be right and the world will end in December of this year and we’ll never have to see the Sookie series come to an end.

• Madeleine

July 20, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Oh please don’t let the Mayans be right! We would miss out on season 6!

2. Helen

July 20, 2012 at 11:08 am

It’s kind of exciting and sad all at the same time. Exciting because I can’t wait to read it but sad because, for Charlaine, Sookie’s tale has now ended. I’m really hoping for a Sookie/Alcide happy ending, even though I’m a total Eric groupie! Ultimately, though, I am a Sookie fan and would like to see her settle down with someone who she can marry and have children with.

• Madeleine

July 20, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I’m torn as well, and not so sure if I’m going to read the last book. In an interview Charlaine said some fans might not be happy about a certain developement, it kind of scares me.
      But I’m so curious, especially considering how the last book ended. Is there nothing we can do to change her mind?

• Helen

July 20, 2012 at 2:09 pm

It’s still worth checking out the final book, though. To coin a phrase, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Just because she’s said that “some” fans may not like it doesn’t necessarily mean that you won’t like it. Go on, give it a look! 🙂

• Madeleine

July 21, 2012 at 8:34 am

*heavy sigh* you might be right….and I bet I’m too curious to miss out on it

July 20, 2012 at 2:11 pm

No Madeleine, since she says she’s finished writing the book. Also, in all of our interviews with Charlaine she has always said that she has known how she will leave Sookie in the end. That has never changed. If she were to write an ending to please every fan and all her readers, she would still make someone unhappy since we all wish for different things.

3. Rina

July 20, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Can’t wait to read how the story ends.

4. Jill

July 20, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I bet she ends up with Sam.

5. Sookieeleana

July 21, 2012 at 10:33 am

I’ll bet you she ends up with Eric. Sookie isn’t just going to stop loving him at the very last minute.

6. Carrie

July 22, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I want her to end up with Bill.

7. Dee

July 23, 2012 at 4:19 pm

This is bittersweet indeed!

*bawl*

I’m always looking forward to the next Sookie book, but for this one to be the last one!

*bawl*