True Blood Round Table Discussion: “Somebody That I Used to Know”

I definitely liked this episode better than last week’s. Want to know what my favorite scene was? Matt Richenthal, Chris O’Hara, Leigh Raines, Jim Garner and I talk about it in this week’s round table discussion of Somebody That I Used to Know. We also ponder whether or not Bill has finally gone over to the dark side, another crazy moment in a shifter’s life, the final verdict on Hoyt and Jessica and Alcide’s animal magnatism.

You know what to do!

True Blood Round Table Discussion: “Somebody That I Used to Know”

1. Dee

July 31, 2012 at 4:20 pm

As always, the round table discussion of the show is an excellent read!

I loved the meme!

2. esw45

July 31, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I don’t know why the round table believes that Bill has a plan to turn on the authority….rumors and speculation are that he turns dark and becomes a sanguinesta plus bill does love power here he has the ultimate power in charge of the authority.

August 2, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I don’t know why you insist on believing that Bill is a power-hungry vampire. It is so not his character. When he was made king, we was simply doing his job to the best of his ability. And he was a great king! It wasn’t about power, it was about vampires living among humans in a peaceable way.

• Madeleine

August 2, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Well, he wasn’t exactly made King, he tricked and used both Sophie-Ann and Nan to gain this position, so he’s quite capable of deceit. And I think he enjoyed to have some sort of power, although that was not what incited him. But power-hungry? No, I can’t see that.
        I’m not quite sure what he’s up to, maybe Bill’s really buying this Lilith-nonsense, we’ll see soon enough.

August 2, 2012 at 1:45 pm

If you recall a couple seasons ago (maybe even last season), Bill was approached by Nan who told him that the Authority had been interested in Bill and wanted him to join their pro-mainstreaming movement. Also, the Authority alone makes kings and queens, so Bill did not use anyone to gain that crown.

3. TrueLove

August 3, 2012 at 1:18 am

I think Bills ambitions and the authority/nans goals ran parallel, but he did set up/betray his own queen to make it happen. I think if he does betray humanity or if he did kill sookies parents it does clearly put his character in the same light as the book (in that sookie will never forgive that). So I do think it’s possible we could see it happen, with a lot of angst and pining for her for the rest of the show. That still makes for a triangle of sorts, similar to the books but makes bill a sadder character.