Friday Five: People That They “Used to Know”
As I was watching last week’s episode, Somebody That I Used to Know, I was looking for the relationship between the title and the episode content. This gave me the idea for this week’s Friday Five. I love it when a show gives me something to think about and True Blood certainly fills each season with loads of food for thought. Tell me what you think of my choices!
- Eric used to know a very different Nora. It seems that Nora drank the entire jug of Kool-Aid at the Sanguinista church of Lilith. Eric told her in this episode, “This is not who you are.” It’s not who Eric remembers and it’s not what Godric made 600 years ago.
- Bill’s thoughts turn to his daughter as she lay dying. Once again he makes the mistake of going to visit family as a vampire, and then he’s caught when she wants him to give her the same ‘gift of immortality’ that he possesses.
- Tara faces off with one of the mean girls from school days. It doesn’t end well for blondie.
- Sookie recalls the pain of growing up different but Jason recalls the Sookie that he used to know. The one who has the power to get into people’s heads and find out what they’ve done. A great tool in finding their parent’s murderer.
- Lafayette remembers Jesus and how he cared for people, which invites Jesus to pay a visit.
Runners up to my list would include:
- We see Eric remember the person that he used to be when he comes out of the drug fog he’d been in. He begins to look at his surroundings the way Godric did and it sickened him too.
- Bill chooses to ‘evolve’ from the person he used to know, but it’s not yet clear what his intentions are. Personally, I think he’s setting up the Authority for a massive take down.
- Jessica makes it clear to Hoyt that she is no longer the person he was in love with. I think he finally gets the picture.
What are some of your thoughts?