Friday Five: People That They “Used to Know”

As I was watching last week’s episode, Somebody That I Used to Know, I was looking for the relationship between the title and the episode content. This gave me the idea for this week’s Friday Five. I love it when a show gives me something to think about and True Blood certainly fills each season with loads of food for thought. Tell me what you think of my choices!

1. Eric used to know a very different Nora. It seems that Nora drank the entire jug of Kool-Aid at the Sanguinista church of Lilith. Eric told her in this episode, “This is not who you are.” It’s not who Eric remembers and it’s not what Godric made 600 years ago.
  2. Bill’s thoughts turn to his daughter as she lay dying. Once again he makes the mistake of going to visit family as a vampire, and then he’s caught when she wants him to give her the same ‘gift of immortality’ that he possesses.
  3. Tara faces off with one of the mean girls from school days. It doesn’t end well for blondie.
  4. Sookie recalls the pain of growing up different but Jason recalls the Sookie that he used to know. The one who has the power to get into people’s heads and find out what they’ve done. A great tool in finding their parent’s murderer.
  5. Lafayette remembers Jesus and how he cared for people, which invites Jesus to pay a visit.

Runners up to my list would include:

• We see Eric remember the person that he used to be when he comes out of the drug fog he’d been in. He begins to look at his surroundings the way Godric did and it sickened him too.
  • Bill chooses to ‘evolve’ from the person he used to know, but it’s not yet clear what his intentions are. Personally, I think he’s setting up the Authority for a massive take down.
  • Jessica makes it clear to Hoyt that she is no longer the person he was in love with. I think he finally gets the picture.

What are some of your thoughts?

1. Gail

August 3, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Scene: werewolf JD is drinking down another vial of “V” and also hands one to little 8 yr. Emma telling her to drink it, it will make you big and strong …. Martha walks into the scene just in time and says to JD ; I don’t know you anymore! “

2. Emma

August 3, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Ooh those are good ones! And I especially like this one, “Personally, I think he’s setting up the Authority for a massive take down.” That’s what I’m hoping for too. It just seems VERY out-of-character for Bill to all of a sudden start acting this way. And Tara in the dungeon was pretty intense. But “blondie”? Really? I’ve always hated that nickname. I have blonde hair, and some people in school used to call me that. It’s so annoying! You never hear “brunettie” or anything like that.

Anyway, I don’t know what’s going on with the whole Bill situation. It’s like he had the flashback about his daughter, and then that’s when his whole personality turned a big 180. Hopefully he knows what he’s doing. But then you hear rumors about how in the last few episodes, Eric will come in and try to “save him”. Should be interesting either way.

August 4, 2012 at 1:30 pm

“You never hear “brunettie” or anything like that.”
      No, instead I heard “blackie” or “blackhead”, which was even worse.

• Gail

August 4, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Yes, the “blondie” name calling has always been insulting and unfair, and the assumpttion that all blondes are dumb bimbos. Interesting that men have never been judged on their hair color…

3. TrueLove

August 3, 2012 at 9:37 pm

And Sookie took a mental trip back in time to see her parents and Claudine.

4. Bethany

August 4, 2012 at 3:11 am

Love them all. Personally I think they are setting Eric up for a future relationship with Sookie. He will get in touch with his more human side for a time. (Can’t last forever, but then even if you live forever, nothing else will last that long.)

5. Dee

August 6, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Terry mentally went back to see innocent people that he use to know be killed by him on his Sgt’s orders.

Lafayette was comforted by Jesus’s ghost, so he use to know Jesus before he died.

August 6, 2012 at 4:32 pm