VIDEO: Take a Peek at Episode 511: “Sunset”

Only 2 episodes left for True Blood season 5! The penultimate episode is always one of the best of the season; get your first look at “Sunset” below.

1. Melissa

August 12, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Jessica and Jason sure look like they are in the ground about to be buried….

• Ellen

August 12, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Yeah, but I’m still a bit skeptical that Jessica is going to “make” Jason next week. The biggest reason being that we never get big moments of the series relieved in the previews, and Jason being turned is a pretty big deal. Also, I think the show already has enough baby vamps. Tara was just turned, Steve is only like four months old, and Jessica is only a little over a year herself. So I don’t see the writers giving us yet another one. Plus Jason being with out any magical powers, his beauty, crazy sex life, and improvable aiming skills not with standing from his fae ancestry non-with standing, but still trying his hardest to do right is such an important part of his character, it’s really too hard to image him loosing that. In genre shows you need a few ordinaries to keep things grounded. Or such is my thinking.

• Bonnie

August 14, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I do not believe Jason will be turned. In the scene in the preview where Sookie is in pink standing next to Jason in the Fairy Club, Jason has bite marks on his neck, blood on his clothes and dirt on his skin and clothing, which infers this scene is after the Russell scene and Jessica in the ground scene, and Jason appears to still be completely human.

2. Emily

August 12, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Wow, Bill is lost, isn’t he? I don’t think he’s hatching any plans to help Eric or escape.

• esw45

August 13, 2012 at 11:04 am

Bill told Jessica in this preview that humans are food so yes, Bill does not have a plan and he believes he is the chosen one …..he is turning into a monster…..like Russell

• Andrea

August 13, 2012 at 3:34 pm

It’s exactly what Loreana would have wanted

• Ellen

August 13, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Which is as sad as it it twisted

3. Jenny

August 13, 2012 at 1:16 am

Bill may not be planning an escape for Eric, but Russell’s insistence on faerie blood definitely got both Bill & Eric’s attention. Sookie may be the only thing that can save Bill. Maybe.

4. Morgan

August 13, 2012 at 6:13 am

Wow So… am I the only one thinking that at the end of the season, the mysterious Warlow will show up and kill Russell, so he can have Sookie as was promised?

• TrueLove

August 13, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I bet Eric, Sam, And Luna kill Russell.

5. Kari

August 13, 2012 at 2:22 pm

lets just hope sookie forgives bill for all the crap he’s doing. Oh wait….she doesn’t have to because she’ll never see this side of bill. He’s just as innocent as a butterfly.

• Logic

August 16, 2012 at 6:22 pm

yeah thats what annoys me, whenever anyone else does something wrong shes front and centre to witness it and judge especially Eric, now that Bills gone off the deep end, she’s nowhere to be seen. Typical…

August 16, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Logic that is so illogical. Makes me wonder if we are watching the same show.

• Melissa

August 17, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Sookie does know that Bill has a violent past.

6. ADK 47

August 13, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I sure hope they find a way to FINALLY pick up Jason’s story arc from the books and turn him into a Werepanther. Perhaps he will die or get pretty close to it and then transform with some sort of fae or Jessica vamp blood mixture, i honestly don’t know. This show can do pretty much anything so we’ll just have to wait a see.

HOWEVER

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Alan Ball said himself during the commentary on the first season that we would certainly see Jason rise up to his role that he fullfills in the books…in reference to a panther on the hat Jason was wearing in the scene he stated this in.

Just saying…I mean 3 whole seasons have gone by and Crystal and the Hotshot Werepanthers sort of slipped out of the picture with unfinished buisness. I am confident that the writers and creaters of this show know better than to simply forget all about a giant gaping plot hole. I have a feeling we ought to be seeing them soon, I HOPE.

• Jay

August 14, 2012 at 1:41 am

While the plot was left unresolved I feel it was better that way. Characters on the show have mentioned that one cannot be turned were by being bitten or through ritual. Personally, I think that Jason’s route will be fairy to a lesser degree than Sookie. Or he’ll just remain mostly human.

The Hotshot plot wasn’t about the werepanthers in my opinion either. It was about Jason. It was a story developed to try to have Jason grow but it didn’t work out properly. I could see the writers only returning to that plot line if they intended to push Jason a bit more for growth. And the only good storyline I could see coming from that is Crystal and only Crystal showing up pregnant.

Otherwise the whole storyline has served its purpose and would not be that interesting to revisit.

• ADK 47

August 14, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Yes, I feel it would be wise for them to bring Crystal back into the picture pregnant with Jason’s child. That was after all a part of the books.

• Logic

August 16, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I hated that storyline and am thankful its over… I hope it stays that way…

• Melissa

August 17, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I have always wondered if they were going to go ahead with Jason being turned at the beginning of writing and filing, but changed their mind for some reason.

7. Joy

August 13, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Loved it when Tara took down the new sheriff! She is going to be a great fearsome vampire…

• Nokturhn

August 13, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I kinda liked the new sherrif, he had an amazing look 🙂 But, my favorite sherrif is of course, Eric, and Tara did a good job, I think she impressed Pam 😀

• Logic

August 16, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I cant wait to see Tara, Pam and Eric hanging out. The banter between them all would be just fantastic!!

8. tina

August 15, 2012 at 12:01 am

It seems like there is going to be a battle with salome,bill and russell ( the three who want to be the leaders). Eric is just goingto wait to see who gets destroyed then go from there. Jessica is going to find a way to rise above bill’s influence. Pam is just trying to make sure her and tara survive. Jason would be an awful vampire. Loving this new Sookie with the fighting attitude. Now what going to be too funny is when Andy finds out he’s going to be a daddy hahahaha. Season six is going to deal with alot of sookie, stackhouse flashbacks and fairies.