POLL: Who Will Die in the True Blood Season Finale?

A lot of lives were left in the balance as we head into the True Blood season 5 finale next week. Who do you think will survive the coming “bloodbath”? (You may vote more than once.)

[polldaddy poll=6475372]

1. Chrystal Stephens

August 19, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I think Warlow will kill Russel for trying to suck Sookies blood. Then take her capture for next season. The authority will die.

2. LKron

August 19, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Any reason Bill not on the list? He seems pretty far gone.

August 19, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Same reason Eric and Sookie aren’t on the list – they aren’t in danger of being killed off.

• Ellen

August 19, 2012 at 11:04 pm

There’s no way Bill is going to get the axe, not only because he’s a main character, but because Stephen Moyer is too much a staple of the creative team of the show. Listen to the DVD commentaries for clarification.

• ART

August 19, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Thank you Mel and Ellen, why would Bill be on the list. This show has never killed off a main character. Bill is under some spell, but I’m sure he’s going to back to his old human loving self in season 6 at some point. Maybe through the love of a good woman.

3. Ashley

August 19, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Please let it be Russell!!! I am so over him! Kind of thought it was a stretch to bring him back as the villian for another season. He needs to fo along w/all his lillith BS! I cant believe 90% of the season bill & eric were stuck with the authority. Other than that i love season 5! Its tied w/season 3 as my fav’s! Oh yea and the whole Terry/Patrick storyline was beyond ridiculous ans unnecessary..blah boring 🙂

• ART

August 19, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I hope it is Russell also. He pretty much is totally off the deep end now. I believe either Sookie or Warlow will send both Russell and Steve to their true death.

• Madeleine

August 20, 2012 at 1:26 am

Don’t forget his boy-toy, toy-boy … the Newlin thing, he is so overdue, yuk.

4. Ellen

August 19, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I’m praying that it won’t be Jason or Jessica. Jessica has been my favorite character this season. I do think she’ll be safe though. Jessica is really important to the show right now as someone who has, as a vampire, had emotional relationships with humans and believes in mainstreaming for that reason. That used to be Bill’s thing remember? I also think Jason will most likely live. As I said before, Jason is one of the few regular humans on the show. He is needed to keep the show grounded.
    I think Luna has a chance of getting killed off, it would bring big tears from Emma and Sam, maybe even Martha. But I think the writers might be nice enough to keep Luna around since Sam has been though so much shit. Plus she brings a different supe voice to the story as a shifter raising a were. There’s a lot of story potential there that didn’t have the chance to be played with much this season. Speaking of Sam, he could get the axe too. At this point there’s more character potential for Luna than him, so he could get it. However, Sam has been a part of the show since the start and the writers clearly like to keep the characters who have been around since season one.
    It looks like a lot of people think Russel will get it, and I agree. As awesome as Denis O’Hare is, Russel clearly needs to die. He has made too many enemies with humans, with faeries, and even with the Authority, both in the past and now. As old as he is, all of the forces combined could take him down. Nora I think could die. Her character right now is completely linked with Eric, if they need to push Eric in one direction or the other, one way to do it would be to kill Nora. But if they want to make a relationship thing happen with the pair of them, they’ll keep her around. Salome is also a likely death candidate. So is Rosalyn for the same reason, they’re villains. And the TB writers tend to kill the villains.

5. Team Sook

August 20, 2012 at 3:18 am

I totally think Russel is going to die like in the beginning of the final. He really needs to go now more than ever. I dont think Worlow is just gonna show up and kill Russel. Too far-fetch.

But this is my theory on how it is all gonna go down: Eric is going to show up and kill Russel somehow (If you look at the end of the trailer for the final you see Sookie and the fairys stop with their light and look to their right in surprise, its not Jason ether cuz he was fairy blasted to the left). So I think its Eric. Now after Eric kills Russel he asks Sookie for help to bring Bill back to his senses (I think Sookie is the only one that can save Bill) and Jason just tags along with Eric, Nora and Sookie to bring down the Authority.

• Team Sook

August 20, 2012 at 3:28 am

Its also very cool how they are getting all the main characters together. Its all going to go down at the Authority! Sam and Luna are their to save Emma, Now Pam is their and Tara is going after her to save her maker (She and Pam are so going to hook up), now Jason is down their slaying some vamps so Sookie can’t be too far behind. I’m telling you, shes the Sookie Factor. LOL

• Artie

August 20, 2012 at 6:29 am

I myself was wondering if Andy would be the 1 to kill Russell. He wasn’t spotted again after Maurella demanded his protection. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he is hiding in the field and finally does something to show how good of a sheriff he is, while also obliging to his “light” contract of protection, by killing Russell.

• Joy

August 20, 2012 at 4:24 pm

great idea…it would make Andy a hero!!!

• Joy

August 20, 2012 at 4:25 pm

and, I forgot to add, perhaps Jason let Andy in on the plan before carrying it out???

• Artie

August 20, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Jason and Andy are only a walkie-talkie away…

6. Nokturhn

August 20, 2012 at 7:41 am

Don’t get me wrong, I like Russel but he needs to die, he was the main villain in Season 3, somebody has to kill Russel and move on … And, I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen between Tara & Pam 😀

7. Tigerlily_swirl

August 20, 2012 at 9:31 am

I think it will be Russell, various vamps and faeries, most of the Authority (especially Sharon Osborne, lol), and sad to say maybe Luna.

8. B. Williams

August 20, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I too am on the luna might die train of thought but I think she is going to turn into steve newlin still naked in the cage and demand that he and his puppy be let out. maybe they get away with it or maybe luna shifts back mid escape and shes gonna die. Sam is going to have a were baby girl to look after cuz although I love martha she did not keep emma safe for even a week. Bad grandma…no more babysitting time for you:(

9. tina

August 21, 2012 at 12:53 am

It seems like Nore,rosalyn,salome,russell, possibly murella and newlin are going to get the axe. When the authority falls rosalyn and salome have no other choice but to be killed off or hunted down by other vamps that they tried to kill off. Nora just does seem like a necessary character after one season. Russell has went crazy twice, u don’t get a 3rd. And newlin is his butt boy and more than likely salome’s so hes out. But, think sookie is going to save bill and meet the vamp that she was promised to. and just thinking a part in the books a expecting fairy (semi-main character) is killed in a war/battle.

10. Fa

August 21, 2012 at 3:16 am

Russell won’t survive this, I’m pretty sure about that. Either it will be Eric/Jason/Andy who ends him, or it could even be Warlow, who will show up at the last second to fight over Sookie. That would be interesting, even though I don’t think it’s going to happen.
    Also, Nora probably dies too, there will be a lot of cassualties in the final battle, my guess Salome will kill her because she’ll be affected by Lilith’s, or whatever it is, blood. Rosalyn, Steve Newlin, they are all dead.

11. Jacki

August 21, 2012 at 9:46 am

I think Jason will probably kill Steve Newlin. Wouldn’t it be totally appropriate and ironic that Steve trained Jason in anti-vampire warfare tactics in the Fellowship of the Sun, only to have those skills turned against him?

12. Toxic

August 21, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I hope it would NOT be Nora! She is the best character of the season and she must return for the next also.