VIDEO: True Blood Season 5 Finale Preview

Here it is, Truebies, the preview for the final episode of True Blood season 5. Lives are in jeopardy, various species are on the verge of all out war, and Sookie is still wearing that pink dress.

“Save Yourself” airs Sunday, August 26 at 9/8c on HBO.

1. Lizzy

August 19, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I hope you guys don’t mind a quick comment on Sunset here.. I just don’t know where else to post.

Obviously I’ll be off of my Bill-is-innocent kick. His slapping Jessica was the last straw. I tried, and I see him looking back and checking to see if Lilith is actually appearing, but hitting her and offering Jason is too much. Other stuff could be explained but I feel no need to defend him now. I saw someone say earlier this week The ends don’t justify the means and he’s brought me to that point. If he makes it through the finale, I feel like he will, but… it’ll be a long, hard road. No ‘Poor, Bill’ from me. Nora made it out, Eric never entered, and he killed Kibwe (the only one I thought was pure in his belief, aside from Crazy Nora) for having the vision… a break-up with Sookie is that bad? Because you were perfectly fine killing Nan like a week ago. I can see how he’s confused.. I can see all of it, I think, from his perspective, but this turn… you can’t just say The tainted blood made me do it. “Poor Bill” just as I used to say “Poor Tara” in a mocking tone. I kinda hope you’re the target of Jason’s bullet, except for how you’ll affect other characters. Start your climb, Jerk.

Pam totally thought she was getting to the Authority to get to Eric. I get Book-Pam and TB-Pam confused sometimes, because I think she should be in everything, but commanding Tara not to remember is one of the sweetest things ever. Eric sent the war flag up when he killed the General, knowingly, while giving the “Oh, I’m a dumb, new guy- sorry I’m rash in this great, new idea” stuff to the Authority. Funny how Lilith doesn’t appear to him. =)

I’m hoping you guys can help with this.. I don’t understand Warlow. Everything I’ve gotten beyond Bud’s reports and a suspicion is him being Fae. How is the contract written in Fae blood for a Vampire? How does (?) Marrela read it if it’s not Fae? Where is the co-habitation during this lawyer-ese? I only see him as a Fae now.

August 19, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I think Claude was mistaken in thinking he’s a vampire – all signs point to Warlow being Fae. However, it could be that he’s an ancient vampire who had some clout with the Fae and used that to make the deal. Since his part of the contract is that he gets a Fae-bearing female, it may have been necessary to use Fae legalities to enforce it.

• Lizzy

August 19, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Thanks for checking, Mel. I agree.. there’s got to be an exception-something going on. I loved that you stuck with Bill.. I haven’t listened to the new podcast yet so I don’t know where you are now.. but I just can’t see Warlow being Vamp without extenuating (sp?) circumstances.

The Elder.. not what I expected.. but I love Boys II Men, so I hope I’d pass. =) I can’t believe she knew the Edgington name. At this point all I can think is we’re dealing with an old Fae-Vamp war?

• Obsessed with Bill

August 20, 2012 at 12:19 am

I think Jason is going to kill Russell remember he has wooden bullets when he killed the other two vampires and I think that the Sharon Osbourne look-alike is behind the tainted blood I think that Bill is going to blame Russell for the true blood planned bombing and is going to turn everything around

• Artie

August 20, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I question whether it will be Andy that kills Russell. He’s supposed to protect Maurella… I could see him hiding out in the field waiting for an opportunity to strike Russell. That fairy blast in the clip seems like it could be enough of a distraction for Andy to shoot Russell. This would fulfill his protection of Maurella and finally cement his character as the hero and good sheriff he wants to be.

2. Lizzy

August 19, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I have a lot more to say, but comments are hard to come back to here. I hope I can add soon.

3. Lizzy

August 19, 2012 at 10:14 pm

*Obviously, as my comment hasn’t added. =)

August 19, 2012 at 10:27 pm

It was flagged as spam because it was so long. I manually approved it for you.

4. Susanna

August 20, 2012 at 6:30 am

I love the dynamic between Pam and Tara. Rutina Wesley does a wonderful job portraying all of Tara’s conflicting emotions this season. I have a sense that Tara will rescue Pam…I’d love to see Tara fighting alongside Eric Northman(the vampire that she hates) to defeat Bill and his minions!

5. Scott

August 20, 2012 at 6:44 am

I reckon warlow will be russells maker and he will protect sookie,command Russell to leave all fairies alone

6. Tigerlily_swirl

August 20, 2012 at 9:39 am

I think that Jason, Erik, Tara, and Nora are going to team up to save those still at the Authority’s HQ (Pam, Bill, Jess, Luna, and Sam). I am just guessing, but the scene of Jason gagged may suggest that Erik and Nora (or someone) will use him as a way to get into HQ without it seeming suspicious. Regardless of what these few scenes in the video are, Sunday night will not get here fast enough! We plan to have our own TB marathon the entire week, winding down to the season finale on Sunday.

7. cleo777

August 20, 2012 at 1:01 pm

I think Scott is on the right track–I suspect Warlow will interrupt Russell’s impending orgasmic fairy slaughter. And don’t count Lilith out either. I think she may be Russell’s maker.

8. Emily

August 20, 2012 at 1:13 pm

My theory is Eric will finally get revenge and kill Russell. I’m not sure if we will get the answer to who or what Warlow is this season, that may be part of the cliffhanger.

Oh my, there was so much goodness in that trailer. I’m looking forward to what looks like the whole gang attacking the Authority. In some of the frames with Bill and one with Eric, it looks like Sookie is there. You can just see some blonde and the outline of the hairstyle she has wearing the pink dress.

• esw45

August 20, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I agree Eric will finally get Russell, then him,Sookie,Tara,Jessica and Jason will go to the authority to save Pam and Bill lillith crazy self …..

9. Priscilla

August 20, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I believe that Russell being distracted by the Fairy blast will be shot by Jason who was blasted by the elder (by mistake) just a tree away…then Jason and sookie will go back to Fangtasia and find out about Bill’s crazy behavior from Tara and she will also tell Jayson that Jessica was also taken…Causing all three to go to the underground authority sanctum..I believe that Salome will be the one to drink Lillith’s blood and cause her to be possessed by her…interrupting Bill from biting Sam…i think Laura will shape shift and escape the cage and save her daughter..So many possibilities in this season but i think that Warlow will be the ultimate cliffhanger in this season i think we’ll just get a small glimpse on who he could be then it will end and they’ll save him instead for next season.

August 20, 2012 at 5:44 pm

I think you Mean Luna, not Laura. I agree, I think Luna will get Emma out, just not sure she’ll survive. I hope she does though.

10. Summer free

August 20, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Oh man the Elder character was ridiculous!! Good thing she died, because I thought the Fae were smarter than that…I thought the Elder character was worst than the entire Ifrit plot.

But, other than that comment, I enjoyed the show and Bill’s pyscho ways!!! He is CRAZY!!

11. Goldie Jean

August 20, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Salome is 1k years younger than Russel. It bothers me that her maker is still unexplained, especially since Russell said he knew Jesus. Is he Salome’s maker

12. ADK 47

August 20, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I think it would be silly of the writers to have The Great Three-Thousand Year Old Russell Edgington killed by Jason. I have my suspicions about Warlow showing up at the last minute and stopping Russell, but now that I think of it, I don’t think he will. I fact, I think that Eric should get his revenge on Russell with the aid of Nora. After all the last we saw of them, was the pair taking flight into the night sky. It’s just a thought, but I really am quite intrigued by Scott’s theory of Warow being Russell’s maker. That would be interesting and give an excuse apart from the contract to pick up the pace and enter into the picture quicker from the loss of his progeny.

August 21, 2012 at 10:45 am

I don’t think Jason killing Russell would be silly at all. Just because Russell is so old, he’s also very arrogant. He wouldn’t think of Jason as any kind of threat to him at all and that alone could be his fatal mistake. All it would take is one vampire-killing bullet, even for Russell.

• Cleo777

August 22, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Exactly. As strong and fierce as vampires are, they can be taken by surprise (witness Bill’s killing of Nan) so it’s possible for Jason, but is he smart enough?

13. Mitsu

August 21, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Did anyone notice in the beginning of this clip the car lights are on behind Russell? Curiouser and curiouser…

I think we might see the end of the line for Russell (thankfully I never quite wanted him to come back anyway). I think somebody will indeed save the fairies and the scene where Jason goes into the Authority is obviously a sign that the fairies are going to be okay, I mean, why else would he end up at the gun shop and the Authority? Surely he would not leave Sookie, Hadley and the other fairies. I am really excited to see the finale. I only wish the Elder Fairy was not killed off, makes me hate Russell even more. She was so quirky and fun. 🙁

14. Jgb

August 21, 2012 at 4:24 pm

You did notice that Jason was blasted “to the outer void,” right before the elder was killed. With all the other possessions occurring in the show, is it too far of a stretch to assume an, at least temporary, fae possession? Especially considering that he would have the genetic disposition for it, even if it’s not expressed.

15. Jackie

August 22, 2012 at 12:41 am

Jason cannot be turned into anything else but Fae. He did not turn were panther(seasons ago) and last episode he did not turn into a vampire. What exactly is he?

• Nokturhn

August 22, 2012 at 10:08 am

Jason is human. He did not turn into a vampire because Jessica didn’t want Jason to be a vampire, he used that as an excuse to warn him of Russel & Steve. 🙂

16. KnitWit

August 22, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I was wondering if Warlow is a fae who “lost his light” when being turned into a vampire. It would explain why Sookie was able to see him in her fae vision.

It is interesting to think that he is Russel’s maker. It could explain Russel’s fascination with the fae. However, Warlow wouldn’t want Russel hurting Sookie.

The books mention the fae having troubles with childbirth. If that is also true in the tv True Blood universe, it could explain Warlow’s desire for a female human/fae hybrid Stackhouse.

I am wondering who will survive the finale. I think Russel, Steve, Luna, the remaining Authority and the cirq du soleil fae are the most likely fatalities.

I think the cliff hanger will involve Sookie in the fae realm.

I was waiting all season for word on baby Jasons in Hot Shot. I wasn’t a fan of the were panther story line, but I am surprised that they left it hanging. Both Jason and Andy could have paternity problems next season.

Get you tweets on so that we can unlock the sneak preview!!!