True Blood Season 5 Finale First Look: Photos & Video {SPOILERS}

The True Blood season 5 finale airs Sunday, August 26, and we have your first look at the episode from HBO.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

First, in an all-too-brief sneak peek, a captured Sam is taken before Chancellor Bill, and things look dicey. (NOTE: This is NOT the video we’re Tweeting to unlock.) In the photos below, we have Pam and Jessica confined to silver cells, Bill being Chancellory, Holly confronting Andy, Eric taking charge at Sookie’s house with Nora and Tara, and a bloody Eric with a crying Sookie at Authority HQ.

Photo Credit: John P. Johnson/HBO

1. B. Williams

August 22, 2012 at 12:06 pm

was this the tweet and unlock vid?? was soo hoping for the eric sneak but i guess thats etter left unseen til finale:)

August 22, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Nope, that one still hasn’t been unlocked, and it will be longer than 30 seconds.

2. Jessica(Dragonfly)

August 22, 2012 at 12:18 pm

OMG Eric, his sister and, his granddaughter…So epic. True Blood rocks this season!

3. Art

August 22, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I’m not worried about Sam. I have a feeling Sam will shift and escape or Eric and his crew will come busting in to save the day.

• Raina

August 26, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Love the line from the business man baby vamp…..”When we die, we’re goo?”…lol, classic.

Sam can easily shift to get away, I’m sure he will. Eric can take a few – including Bill if he wanted to, since he’s over 1000 years, now Salome would be a different story and since it’s said she could be a regular cast member, I’m thinking she won’t die. As a matter of fact, I’m really not sure who’s in any real danger since Terry and the smoke monster story line was the only one that came to an end.

• Raina

August 26, 2012 at 5:12 pm

ALSO, LOVE LOVE LOVE – – – – – – seeing Steve and Russell going mad when Jason (who always falls for the glamour” takes them to wear Sookie and the other Fae’s are.

Cannot wait to see how this does NOT end.

4. Anja

August 22, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I’m hoping Sookie is crying because she FINALLY sees Bill for what he really is. Evil to the core.

5. Maya

August 22, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Eric and Sookie! <3

6. KK

August 22, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I think Jason will shot Russell and save the day. I think Eric & Nora are trying to save Pam. They won’t kill Sam because I think he is to end up with Sookie any way from the vibe I get from the books. I love Tara, I’m glad people are starting to see what a good actress she is.

I think Jessica gets killed. Her and Jason are over, Hoyt left, there is no plot for her left.

I want to know who Russell’s maker is. Warlow???

I also think the Elder fairy may pull a matrix/neo entering agent smith ending with the light killing Russell from with in like in the matrix3, but I doubt it. Remember how Neo entered Agent Smith and blew him up from the inside, something like that. But It will probably be Jason.

I keep hoping a weretiger (Quinn) will jump out from the woods and kill some vamps or help Alcide or kill rev. newlin.

IDK, what do you guys think?

• mary

August 22, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I was hoping for Quinn too! Wish they had used story lines from the book. ;( I like your post

7. Maya

August 22, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Didn’t notice Sookie seems to be crying. I hope she sees how evil Bill is! About time! I’m so excited for Sunday!

8. JenaZ

August 22, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Is it me or is Bill wearing pink lipstick?? I hope Salome meets the true death, I’m tired of her and Lilith.

• Maya

August 22, 2012 at 3:22 pm

lol Bill is feeling fabulous

• mary

August 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Lillith freaks me OUT! I mean i get a little spooked when she comes around!

9. lillykane

August 22, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Bill looks green and old. Time to stake him already.

• ART

August 22, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Whatver! Moyer is still hot to me! No need to bash the actor.

• robyn

August 24, 2012 at 8:00 am

They bashed Bill not steven moyer

10. Angk

August 22, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Help..Remember the scene with Sookie and the Elder Faerie in last weeks episode..The elder fae metioned 3 music artists <> I looked up their top songs and they referenced the night . Could be this be a clue?

11. Emma

August 24, 2012 at 2:03 am

Hey Liz and Mel, (slight spoiler) did you guys see the other promo video for the season finale episode of Eric, Nora and Tara in Sookie’s house, and Eric tells Sookie she needs to go to the Authority to get through to Bill and save him from “losing his mind”. And a (ticked off) looking Tara kept telling Sookie, “and you owe Pam”. What the heck! What does Sookie owe to Pam? She didn’t do anything. That made me kind of mad at Tara.

• robyn

August 24, 2012 at 8:01 am

She promised Pam that she would get her back in Erics good graces and after that she would owe Pam a favor

• Mizzoutiger

August 24, 2012 at 8:11 am

Don’t be mad at Tara. Sookie does owe Pam. Go back and review the very 1st episode of the season 5.

August 24, 2012 at 10:19 am

Yes, we posted it . Sookie owes Pam for turning Tara in the season premiere.

• jayjay

August 24, 2012 at 11:13 am

You mean season premiere. I have a thought, outrageous and unlikely, but here goes. What if Bill is being possessed by lillith, a demon or whatever as he appeared to be the easiest target with his self loathing and searching for something to believe in. I have been reading all the comments and agree Bill’s actions are irredeemable and totally out of character. This would be a way his actions could be explained even if not acceptable. One of the revelations for the season finale? Just thinking out loud. What do you think, anyone?

• Emma

August 26, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Okay everyone, yes I remember that whole situation in episode one, BUT Eric and Pam already made up, so what more could they possibly want from Sookie? Not only that, but pretty much like how Liz and Mel were talking about how it seems like all of the characters were for some reason dumping all of their crap on Sookie, even if it’s their fault, they’ll still find a way to blame Sookie. Everything that’s happened to these characters were never her fault. THAT is what was annoying me, the fact that they are saying things like Sookie owes this, and Sookie owes that; when really they just don’t want to take the blame for their own mistakes.

12. amanda

August 25, 2012 at 5:52 pm

bill isn’t possessed, they already said it was nest behavior. alan ball said if it really was lilith or they are all imagining it, it doesn’t matter. bill will explain it away by saying it was nest behavior. i didn’t think of them killing jessica. that could be a possibility. put an end to the silliness that is jason/jessica/hoyt but i really like jessica

13. kjohnson

August 28, 2012 at 10:19 am

When is Jason going to turn into a Panther? did nt his panther girlfriend try to change him las t season?