Tonight On True Blood: “Save Yourself” Season 5 Finale

Here we are, already, at the True Blood season 5 finale. The writers went off-pace by not having the penultimate episode wrap up a lot of storylines, so we’re still waiting to find out what happens to almost everyone. Who will survive? Who will wish they hadn’t survived? Tune in tonight at 9/8c for “Save Yourself”.

Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) embarks on a final, desperate mission to overthrow the Authority – and save Bill from losing his humanity. Andy (Chris Bauer) faces the consequences of a light pact he made; Alcide readies for a second showdown with J.D. (Louis Herthum); Sam and Luna test their limits in trying to escape the Authority. Written by Alan Ball; directed by Michael Lehmann.

We will be hosting our live chat this evening beginning at 8:45/7:45c, so be sure to join us! In the meantime, as we count down the hours until this season’s final chapter, here are some things you may have missed:

1. Toni

August 26, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Tonight’s episode was nice I loved the scenes with Pam and Tara and LaLa. After tonight’s episode seeing the hurt on Eric’s face I no longer see him and Sookie as an item I want him to be happy. I was hoping Tara and Pam could find some way to forgive Sookie because I wished that story line could have been resolved. I know Eric is going to feel that he has to protect Sookie but I think after five seasons and their story line never coming together is frustrating. Where is Steve? Can Sookie finally move on now? It was nice to hear Eric finally call Sookie his 😉 I loved the action I just hope season 6 is more action packed and I’m also happy that the writers got rid of the extra characters so the season can focus on the main characters

• ART

August 26, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I think the show will build on the Eric and Nora relationship. I really don’t see Eric and Sookie reuniting at all. I also don’t see Pam and Tara getting along with Nora…who knows Warlow.

Is Bill really dead? Remember people were guessing alll last summer about Tara. We won’t get the answer until next year. These are my theories: The blood of Lilith will be silvered out of Bill and he will transform back to himself, He will taste Sookie’s fairy blood and transform back to life, Bill is now Billith, the big bad guy for season 6, and finally…Bill really is dead and Lilith is only a mirage.

Enjoyed tara and Pam finally giving into their feelings.

I didn’t like that Jessica was more worried about hooking up with Jason instead of her maker Bill.

The scenes at Merlottes were funny and it reminded me why I love this show so much. Good to see Jane Bodehouse back.

August 26, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Bill isn’t dead. He was reborn right in front of us.

• Madeleine

August 27, 2012 at 12:02 am

“I think the show will build on the Eric and Nora relationship.”

If it comes to Eric surviving the fight with Bill, who’s for sure not dead but beyond the true death …. is there anything left of Bill at all?

August 27, 2012 at 12:24 am

I thought it was interesting that our first “look” at Bill as … whatever he is now was exactly the same as when we first saw Tara as a vampire. Fangs out, hissing at Sookie, ready to attack. A clue that there’s potential for Bill to be more than a one-dimensional Big Bad?

2. TBDoll

August 26, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Loved tonight’s episode! Really loved how everything played out. Back in season 2 Eric was seen as a villian and now he is trying to hold everything together. I love how him and Bill have switched roles and now Bill is seen as the villian. This will really give True Blood an edge in Season 6.

• ART

August 28, 2012 at 4:27 am

I don’t know why people think of Eric as a villain. Really neither ERic nor Bill are what I call villains. Russell was a true Villain. Eric and Bill both are good guys and they can love people, but they also have a bad side. Just having a bad side doesn’t make you a villain. I liked what Ball said…he saw Bill as more of a tortured soul and Eric as a cad up to no good…but neither no where close to Russell when it comes to evil.

3. Doris

August 26, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Okay, First of all i had to lol when the light (!) of pregnant fairy broke! The hole birth scene was hilarious!!! 😀 Congratulation Andi you have Four Kids now! 😀
    Luna’s tv Turn and lalas comment: Really didn’t See this One coming! Hahaha! 🙂
    The Pam and Tara kiss and Jessica: i knoooow it!!! 😀

To the more serious stuff:
    Bill: pretty creepy Guy or god or Freak or whatever!

Didn’t like the fact that all the storylines are still Open! Thats Not nice! 🙂

4. Carrie

August 27, 2012 at 6:01 am

Eric was such a hero this season (he has been in past seasons too). That guy is too handsome. Sookie is lucky she has a vamp looking out for her. Russell would have eaten all those fairies if Eric hadn’t swooped in at the last minute to save the day (er … night). Overall, I loved the episode. I love the Northman family. They’re so cute. Eric is Tara’s Vampa now. But I feel sorry for poor Jessica. The guy she loves has turned into a bigot and her dad is evil now. I hope either Pam or Eric adopts her. She’s so lonely. I still hope Sookie and Eric get together. Their relationship is such a major part of the books. It would suck not to see part of that play out on TB. Lastly, I hope Luna is not dead. Emma needs her mom. Plus, I really like her with Sam.

5. Helen

August 27, 2012 at 8:15 am

What a great finale! I have to say that Rosalyn’s was the best true death scene ever! lol Poor Sam covered in vamp guts though!

The Merlotte’s scenes were hilarious too. Certainly an athletic way to give birth, I doubt I could get my leg at that angle! lol I hope this doesn’t break Holly and Andy up though, I think they’d be cute together bringing up the quads.

I’m not sure that I’m liking Jason’s anti-vamp chip he has on his shoulder at the moment. I’ve loved his maturity this year and hope he snaps out of this prejudice in season 6. As for Bill, he’s completely nuts now! I’ve known for weeks now that he was lost to Lilith so wasn’t too surprised at how he’s ended up! I can’t wait to see how and if he can be saved in season 6.

6. Bryan

August 27, 2012 at 8:43 am

Wow! What an episode. I have to admit I am not happy that Bill wasn’t saved in the last episode and is now a crazy Lilith reincarnated. Bill has always been one of my favorite characters and I really hope season 6 won’t spell the end for him…I was a little curious as to why they didn’t even mention Warlow’s name in this episode? I was hoping there would be a nice cliff hanger for that story line going into season 6. I’m glad Russell is dead but the scene was a bit anti climatic. They should have had Eric swoop in and kill him at the end of last weeks episode. The fact that we had to wait a week to see what happend left me unsatisfied of the end of Russell. If they would have let that scene play out in full I think it would have been better…Jason will come around in season 6 and fall for Jessica again I just know it…Eric and Sookie are for sure going to get back together and it’s going to break Nora’s heart. She could end up being an enemy to Sookie since she is already having trouble controlling herself around her.

All in all a solid season. Season 3 still holds true as my favorite though.

I think Season 6 is going to be the toughest yet to write, so many story lines have been exhausted. I just hope the story lines stay heavy on the Vampires, they are the best thing about True Blood. I’m not a big fan of werewolves. They’re dumb and trashy.

7. TrueLove

August 27, 2012 at 9:33 am

This is absolutely my favorite season so far. I loved Bill turning fanatic, especially the strategy he worked out to get to the top of the hill. Impressive for a comparatively young vampire within the Authority. Mel maybe all is not lost..maybe bill did it because he knew if he didn’t someone worse would. I too loved every scene at Merlottes tonight. I like Nora but I hope for Sookie/Eric romantic tension progression and fighting with and for each other. I hope the faries are more useful next season. They were interesting but frustrating. Im also hoping more vamp politics will Come into play and give Jessica something to do…like Bill could try to marry off Jess to someone on team Sanguinista to neutralize her and as a blow to the fantasia team. Maybr them closing ranks and along with sookie work to prevent it (drawing from the bracelet/ballroom story for Sophie Ann and attempt to marry off Eric in the books)