True Blood Radio 190: “Save Yourself”

True Blood season 5 went out with a bang, and you better believe we have something to say! Join Mel and Liz on this week’s episode of True Blood Radio to talk about the season finale and what it means for each character, plus a glimpse at what’s coming up in season 6.

Things we talked about:

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes or Stitcher, or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. Viv

August 29, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Wow!! The finale was fantastic. It also seems to have killed any chance of Sookie and Bill getting together again. Bill has either been full of self hatred and shame at his vampire nature or indulging the worst of it with Lorena in TB. To me, it made his love for Sookie weaker. I feel he loved her partly because he felt it made him a ‘better’ vampire, that she kept him on the right track. When he finally felt being a vampire was part of his evolution she could no longer get through to him because he no longer needed her to feel ok about himself. Tragically Sookie saw the good in Bill but could not see that it was fuelled by his guilt and self-hatred which made it something done out of weakness rather than strength.

Eric is the stronger character as he respects himself. He doesn’t seem to have got the same sadistic pleasure from harming humans as Bill has done. Look at Eric’s treatment of Pam. He saved her twice and would have left her human and unharmed if she hadn’t wanted to be turned. Both Bill and Eric drank Lilith’s blood but Bill is the one who got suckered into following Lilith because he was weaker. TB has shown Eric’s strength and also his respect for strong women. I love that his ‘family’ are Pam, Nora and Tara and he told them to be nice to each other. His acknowledgement and thanks to Sookie for all she has done for him was a really sweet but important moment in their relationship too. Eric has learned how amazing Sookie is as a person and loves her for herself.

Can’t wait to see what happens next with Bill, who Warlow is, what is up with Jason (Might this be Warlow manipulating him and also be behind what happened to Bill and the VA?), Andy and the babies, Steve Newlin and, most of all, Sookie and Eric 😉

2. TrueLove

August 29, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Great episode, and I’m so glad you’re continuing weekly shows. I’m already going through TB withdrawals and you girls speculating just may do the trick. 🙂 Also I was so excited when you mentioned my theory!!!

I had a few new thoughts watching. First one was, I bet Sookie helps with the babies somehow due to their fairyness.

About Jason, I recall he was top trainee vamp killer at whatever of the sun. How ironic that Steve Newlin created such an awesome vamp killer and now he is a vamp himself. I also wondered if the parents are really in another dimension that Jadon can now see but sOmething you said gave me another idea….maybe Jason is lost in another dimension and this is not really Jason? WOuldmt that be an interesting turn of events?

August 30, 2012 at 10:19 am

Hmmm…So this Jason isn’t the real Jason? He’s an imposter? An interesting theory, but wouldn’t he have to be Fae? And wouldn’t the vampires smell that?

(Did you see that we gave you a shout out for your theory about resetting Bill so he’s irredeemable, like he was in the books? Good call!)

• TrueLove

August 30, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Yes I heard the mention and was so excited I woke my hubby up! : ) About Jason, its not really a fully formed thought yet..but if it is an impostor perhaps it is that FAE uncle that looks like him (in the books)…but I wouldnt think that guy would be focusing on killing vampires so maybe not!

• TrueLove

August 30, 2012 at 5:50 pm

and I guess youre right that the vampires would have noticed him more than Sookie….I guess not!

• Tams

August 31, 2012 at 8:53 pm

If its not Jason then maybe it’s Dermot. 🙂

3. Alley

August 29, 2012 at 10:59 pm

With the Tru Blood factory bombings, Bill did more damage to humanity and vampire kind, than Salome could have ever dreamed. He virtually destroyed the Mainstreaming Movement. Moreover, all the death, maiming, and panic that ensued once the vampire on human violence went rampant, is on Bill. Even before he drank all of Lilith’s blood, Bill had done more evil than the Rattrays, Rene, Mary Anne, Lorena, Marnie, Russell, and Salome combined. This season Bill became a religious terrorist. There is no whitewashing that. BTW, he’s now more dangerous than the Authority ever was, so I don’t think he should get any credit for taking down Salome and Kibwe. He didn’t do it for good. He did it so he could usher Lilith (Goddess of Destruction) into existence.

• Viv

August 30, 2012 at 1:49 am

Excellent point. And it doesn’t matter that it’s his own insecurities that got him started down this road to evil. TB clearly showed Bill taking out the other authority members out for his own gain. I think any looks between Eric and Bill at the beginning were ‘this is bad, we need to try and escape or kill the VA trying’ and then later ‘what the hell are you doing Bill/Don’t get in my way Eric!’.

August 30, 2012 at 10:18 am

As I said in previous podcasts, bombing the Tru Blood factories bothered me a lot. I was having trouble reconciling that with my theory that he and Eric were planning to take down the Authority (that was pre-Lilith induced craziness, remember), although I can see it as a strategic move to expose the Sanguinistas, which did ultimately happen. All that death, though… Yeah, if you watched previous podcasts, you saw that I was having trouble with that.

• Beverly

August 30, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I’m not a fan of Bill and this isn’t an excuse for him either, but I have to ask…

How have Bill done more evil than all those characters combined? Russell, Salome, Lorena, Maryann have lived many centuries or a few millenniums (well in Maryann’s case many millenniums), no telling how many crimes they committed or to what extent they committed so long ago. They lived through wars, battles, and other events over the centuries and even before that synthetic blood (Tru Blood) was created. No telling what roles they all played throughout their lives. We haven’t gotten many flashbacks to fill that gap with each of them. Only glimpses here and there on the show or what was told to us. Or scenes here and there. Pam said to Jessica in the finale that “One of the worst things about being immortal is having to watch the same stupid scenario happen over and over.” even though she also said it was mostly between humans, but vampires are just as retarded. Pam haven’t lived as long as the vampires and a manead you listed. So surely Bill isn’t the first to cause major damage to humanity, vampires and what have you.

Unless you mean what was going on during the present time of the show, but even then humanity have been through some stuff for millenniums. Not saying that gives Bill the right to destroy humanity…

Then again, I never held any of the vampires in high morale status.

4. Denny

August 30, 2012 at 3:53 am

I think you were misinterpreting those looks between Bill and Eric. They were comunicating, just not at the same wave lenghts. To me it was clear they were not in synch, not since after they brought Russell in.

• Sookieeleana

August 30, 2012 at 11:38 am

I agree. I interpreted the looks between Bill & Eric very differently. I think since episode 6 in particular their characters have been moving in very different directions. I think the looks were because they didn’t trust each other as they both know how clever the other one is. I think that Bill had real doubts that Eric had been converted to the cause in the last couple of episodes and was worried that Eric was playing them all. That’s why he sent guards with Eric & Nora when they left the compound.

• TrueLove

August 31, 2012 at 7:28 am

I think he still trusted Eric more than anyone else in the room but they seemed to have different intentions to me when they looked at each other (except when there was talk of sookie or faries, there they seemed on the same page)

5. Snoopy16

August 30, 2012 at 6:52 am

Hi Liz & Mel,

I am a huge fan of the show. I have watched all 190 podcasts. I usually agree with most of your observations, but I have to pick a bone with Liz. You say you are not Team Bill, but you seem to be Against Team Eric. When Eric glamoured Alcide to not want to be with Sookie, you went off on him that. How he was being unfair to Sookie and that you did not like the character of Eric. Now move up to the finale, and you didn’t say one word how Eric risked himself to come back for Bill, even after he had freed Pam. You didn’t say a word about Bill when he called Sookie an abomination and said he could have been playing her all along. You didn’t say a word about how Bill ordered his guards to kill every fly, mouse, etc, and if it didn’t turn back to a human form, keep killing. Bill was mean to Sookie and Sam. So I think if you are going to claim to not be either Team Bill or Team Eric, you should dress down Bill for what he does against Sookie like you did for Eric. You seemed very Team Bill to me with excusing everything he did by saying you felt sorry for him and he never fit in.

August 30, 2012 at 10:15 am

You know, often when we record our podcasts, it’s within 12 hours of watching the episode and we’re still reeling from whatever Alan Ball & Co. dished out. We may have talked amongst ourselves for a few minutes before recording, but 99% of the time what you’re seeing is our first opportunity to discuss the episode with each other. That means we’re hashing it out for the first time on the air, putting our thoughts and reactions into words, and bouncing ideas off each other. We have a very basic outline so it’s not completely helter skelter, but it’s not like we’ve written out an essay in advance. In other words, what you guys get in these podcasts is about as close to our initial reactions and thoughts as possible. We may miss some nuances, we may focus on one thing over another, but we are always honest with each other and with you.

Liz may not have praised Eric or condemned Bill as strongly as you would, but I can guarantee you that’s coming in future podcasts as we continue to discuss everything that happened. She’s championed both characters and criticized both characters enough in the previous 189 episodes that I think we can trust when she says she doesn’t favor one over the other. The focus was on Bill this time, trying to make sense of what happened with his storyline. Eric will get his day in the sun. Oh, wait, that’s not a good thing for a vampire… Eric will get his turn in the spotlight.

• Viv

August 30, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Ladies, you are as entitled to express your opinions and prejudices just as the rest of us are. I am always interested to hear what you both think even on the occasions when I disagree with it- that’s why I for one enjoy listening to your podcasts. You are keeping it fun. Whether either of you has a bias for or against Bill or Eric – it doesn’t matter. I love the character of Bill and am very glad he wasn’t killed off on True Blood but I definitely have a bias for Eric – after all I’m only human 😉

• Snoopy16

August 31, 2012 at 8:22 am

Hi Mel. I’m sorry if I came off negatively. That was not my intent. Was just waving my “Be Fair” flag around. I agree with Viv that we all are entitled to your opinions. They will all differ as we all differ. Again, I love this podcast. I have listened/watch all the episodes. Keep up the great work and I look forward to your future podcasts.

August 31, 2012 at 11:01 am

I don’t see how you could accuse me of being against team Eric, when I specifically talked about the role reversal that took place this season between Bill and Eric. I even said that it was cool that Bill became the bad boy and Eric became the hero! I’m going to talk about this more in next week’s podcast, but I think you got a bit angry with me and then heard only what you wanted to hear; remembered only what you wanted to remember.

6. Kim O

August 30, 2012 at 10:34 am

Where is the vampire that was in the Authority that wanted to eat children and babies?

• Alissa

August 30, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I wondered that too, because he really needed to get the true death.

7. Sookieeleana

August 30, 2012 at 11:47 am

Thanks again ladies. I’ve really enjoyed your pod-casts this season and can’t wait for all the speculating to keep us going over the winter months. 🙂

One small grumble about the fan survey. My favorite story arc this season was Eric going up against the authority (coupled with him finally taking out Russell). That was the best Eric this season but you didn’t include it for voting. 🙁

August 30, 2012 at 11:50 am

We really struggled with what to put there, since we were limited to 10 options, and we felt like the Eric/Pam backstory and Eric/Nora were potentially more significant both on the show and with fans. Plus, we had to give other characters some representation. 😉

• Sookieeleana

August 31, 2012 at 2:00 am

Oh completely, I know the show isn’t all about Eric. I just thought it was such an important development for Eric how he was the one who kept a clear head, didn’t fall under the influence and realized what the new authority were doing was wrong. I think he should get some credit for that and I think it was really important for the direction his character is going in. I thought it said a lot more about where Eric is heading and Sookie’s influence on him than the back-story or anything with Nora.

8. Kiki

August 30, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Hello ladies! Thanks for wonderful recaps and discussions over the season! Talking about Luna’s shifting on national tv… I’m pretty sure that the world is not aware of other supes. You were talking about the show following the spirit of the books, the national tv shift would be doing that. The interesting thing is that she shifted into another human, not another animal. Humans will feel a lot more terrified and less accepting of human->human shifting that human->animal. This could mean many more dangerous things that would result in a more chaotic response. In the books the response was random killings of people who others suspected to be shifters. I wonder if the writers will focus on this and how humans will react to all of the threat they may feel from all the supes…

August 30, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I hadn’t even thought of that, Kiki. I could see humans turning against one another, not trusting their neighbor, and thinking everyone around them is a shifter. Trust will be lost or at least in serious question. What a mess!

9. M

August 30, 2012 at 4:47 pm

A theory on Billith: One of the supes in the book that hasn’t been introduced on the show are demons. Does this mean that Billith could be some type of demon? What if the blood he drank was ‘demon blood’ and that is how he transformed? It is fun to read all your comments/theories and speculate!

10. Sec

August 30, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I am in the minority that I am always interested in the werewolves on any story. I think its hard to get people interested in them is that they are always portrayed as so much weaker than vamps and that sucks. Vamps are awesome sexy and powerful weres are stupid ugly and weak. I compare it to Underworld the only time where we saw wolves be great was in rise of the lycans. In every other movie they were push overs. I seriously hope next season they really beef up weres make them organized and dangerous something to truly fear instead of a big back of dog changing junkies

11. Sec

August 30, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I was thinking could it be that jessica is throwing i love yous and i want to be with you for eternity lines at Jason more out of fear of being alone than true feelings. I mean no Bill no Hoyt it seemed as though she was going all in on jason just so she wouldn’t be alone and he turned her down. Wonder how that will affect here

August 30, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Now that just made my heart hurt for our Jessica. 🙁

• Gail

August 30, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I think folks tend to forget that Jessica is really still a teenager. With her maker Bill having gone off the deep end, she must feel desperately alone. Tara has Pam, but now Jess has no one. I do think she was trying hard to get a positive response back from Jason only to have him vehemently reject her. Poor Jessica. :-((

• Sec

August 30, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Even still i think Jessica should be alone I mean she gonna have to learn for herself sooner or later and starting a relationship with Jason cause of those reasons wouldn’t be a healthy. Hell even without the bump on his head that his making him see his parents it would be a bad idea. I can’t imagine the Hoyt wounds are healed for either of them especially Jason. So beginning one right now is truly ill advised

• Sookieeleana

August 31, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I agree – poor Jess. Bill turned out similar in a lot of ways to her human father 🙁
          I’m hoping that Pam & Tara might take her in – now Pam is starting to show her softer side!

• TrueLove

August 31, 2012 at 7:08 am

that makes sense and is very sad

12. Shannon

August 30, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I’ve recently found your website and love it! Thanks for doing such a great job. I had a thought after Nora asked Jason how he knew about Warlow. What if Warlow was Godric’s maker? That would allow the writers to follow the spirit of the books in that he could play the Ocella character who Sookie is afraid of…so much speculation!!

Thanks again ladies for doing all this work, 9 months of waiting sucks!!

13. devin

August 31, 2012 at 7:51 am

Just a quick observation. Warlow can’t be fey if Nora knows him. (she sked Jason what he knew about Warlow) Nora had never seen a Fey and said as much to Eric on their wway into Fangtasia. I bet Warlow is just some old vamp we havent met. Maybe Godricks maker since Eric hasn’t heard the name Warlow. We’ll see, im sure they are still deciding

14. devin

August 31, 2012 at 8:28 am

A bit ovethinking it i think. But i do agrree they did these shots where
    bill and Eric looked at each other but it could have been something else. Like Eric looking to see if Bill was going along with whatever crazy idea they had and Bill making sure that Eric was still at least pretending to be onboard since in the last scenes he did say that he wasn’t sure if he’d beable to get rid of Salome himself . I took that to mean that he kept Eric around knowing he’d help or do it and beable to since Erics older and would more easily take Salome out.
    Something has surely changed in Bill after dying and turning to goo and rising up again. That cant be him pretending.
    I kinda wanted to see Pam and Tara have that mother daughter thing happen. Tara’s had horrible luck in love but this is her first love after turning so maybe it’ll be different. She’s also always needed a mother and Pam could have been it but not if they are together the other way.
    I also wouldn’t say that Bill took out the Authority himself. At least not alone. Lillith seems to just like death and destruction no matter if it’s vampire or human and Bill just figured out that she was appearing to everyone and made sure he was the one to take her blood. If shes the first vamp or another creature entirely she seems to bring about death to all that she touches.
    Maybe Russel will come bakc since he died full of Fey blood. Or at leat haunt someone like Godrick does, but Godrick said he’d evolved and I don’t think Russel has. lol 🙂 It is trueblood so anythings possible.
    Please keep up the shows during the break, at least a few here and there. You guys could review some movies…… Watch some filler during the break and keep us up to date with what you know is going on behind the scenes. 🙂 Please and thank you for an entertaining podcast.

August 31, 2012 at 10:31 am

We always keep up our podcasts, Devin, even during the hiatus. And we try to talk about other things out there to fill the time, like books, TV and films, as well as what the cast members are doing with their time. We’ve done so for the past 4 years, so you can’t get rid of us that easily! LOL! 😉

As for Russell, Alan Ball said in a recent interview that Russell is definitely dead.”He’s gone. We may see him in flashbacks, but he bit it.”

15. Gill

August 31, 2012 at 10:36 am

I wonder if Warlow is a demon? In the books *SPOILER ALERT* A demon gave Sookie’s father the ‘gift’ of telepathy, but it didn’t show up in him, as he didn’t have the ‘spark’, like Jason also didn’t, nor did Hadley. Only Sookie had the spark, and Hadley’s son.

16. Insbins

August 31, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I would like to say thank you to you both. You two just saved my day. I have only seen the last 2 podcast and now i can get one every day and the winter won’t be so long. :-))))

17. TrueLove

August 31, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Odd question…I keep thinking one of the wolves when Alcide took control was the star of My Name is Earl. Did anyone else see that?

August 31, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Nope, that wasn’t Jason Lee.

18. Tams

August 31, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Great episode. Still distracted and troubled by the fact that Nora was able to run into Sookie’s house without an invitation. Oh well…

August 31, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Eric still owns Sookie’s house (remember, they’re supposed to talk about him signing the deed back over to her if they “survive the night”), so no invitation needed.

19. Mary Ann

September 2, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I have one thought right now. Maybe more later, we’ll see.

When we saw Jason’s parents in earlier episodes, the lighting was warm and golden. We were clearly “not in this world.” But after the Elder Fairy zapped him into the tree and cracked his poor head (as Sookie said, he’s got a lump the size of a walnut), when we saw them, they were not bathed in the same golden light. The lighting for their scenes was exactly the same as the lighting for the rest of the scene.

I believe this is intended to unsettle us on a subconscious level — the way discordant music will do in a movie score. You don’t notice it, at least at first, but you notice that there’s something wrong.

Jason’s parents weren’t vicious and determined to rid the world of vampires until after his zapping, when their lighting changed. I suspect they are some kind of manifestation from that other dimension, the one the Elder Fairy was attempting to shoot Russell into. Something has invaded Jason’s mind.

Or I could be entirely wrong and over-thinking this whole thing.

20. Jay

September 4, 2012 at 9:03 am

Great job on the podcast guys 😀 Missing the show already. Just wanted to share an idea on the whole nora knowing warlow. Maybe warlow was mentioned somewhere in the vampire bible or within that religion ? that’d explain why nora would know. Also warlow appeared all ghostly to sookie, and lilith was kinda all ghostly all season.

21. Whitney

September 4, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Ok with the Jason thing I think has a head injury a unique one at that. I think his parents are projections of his thoughts. Or possibly could be fae imposters?

Another thing that botherd me a little is how Eric never truely introduced his sister Nora to Sookie, yet she knew who she was? Maybe they felt it wasn’t a necessary scene? What do you think Mel/Liz?

Anyone curious what the Elder was talking about “there’s a reason” you want to get into bed with anything with fangs? Maybe Warlow is in her bloodlines somehow to? Would love to hear more about that next season.

Loved Eric in the Finale! Loved the Maurella scene hilarious! Great finale!

22. Emma

September 5, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Okay, this will be a somewhat long post, but I have some interesting theories, courtesy of a discussion with a fellow True Blood fan and friend of mine.

Okay, first of all; Boy oh boy oh boy, that was one CRAZZZZY season finale! And yeah, what in the world is going on with Bill or “Billith”? Since he’s basically the main male lead, what in the world are they going to do to redeem him? How are they going to make him a possible love interest for Sookie? (if they even go down that route). I’m actually kind of like you guys, I am team nobody; although to be honest I kind of don’t want Sookie to end up with any vampires, but only because I think the whole “teamBill” and “teamEric” stuff is really annoying. And if she just ends up with someone else entirely that would be cool. But also because, I really think that Sookie needs a serious break from vampires. A LONG hiatus from them altogether. But this is True Blood and yeah, it’s not going to happen, but it would be nice for her to just get away from it all. But I actually have to admit, if I absolutely had to choose, I kind of want Bill/Sookie, and mostly the reason for that is because since Anna and Stephen are a real-life couple, and they make SUCH a cute real-life couple, it would be fun to see that come across on-screen again. Even if it’s just briefly. And if those other bloggers are correct in saying that changing Bill to become “bad-boy” Bill is making him more awesome, but also making more of a way for Eric/Sookie just like in the books, then does that mean that Alan Ball is actually changing his tune? It would actually be kind of weird because for a long time Alan Ball had always said that he liked Bill/Sookie together the most. And that he always wanted them to work it out, if not in the books, then at least on the show. And yet, he wrote the last episode this way. Hmm, kind of strange.

Well, anyway I totally agree with the Sam killing Rosalyn scene, holy smoke! Did not see that coming, not until he flew into her mouth, wow!! Insanity!!!!!! And Maurella giving birth to the quads, again wow. And of course Lafayette being as hilarious as ever. And yeah, what in the world is going on with Jason, is he going insane? Or are his “parents” just messing with him? What in the world?

And I still agree with you guys that Bill and Eric had a plan from the start and even though Bill followed through with it, he still sort of lost his way in the end. And I agree with Liz; his speech towards the end was truly heartbreaking once you realize what he’s really talking about. And I actually thought that him drinking the rest of the “Lilith” blood, he was actually trying to commit suicide. At first you think he’s doing it because he wants to be powerful, but if you really think about it, maybe somewhere in the back of his mind he was thinking that drinking all of the blood would be too dangerous for him, and it might make him meet the true death. At least that’s what I thought while watching it.

Sorry for going on, but I also wanted to mention something I discussed with a friend of mine who is also a big fan of the show. And she mentioned the fact that there was not a whole lot of “good” moments between Bill and Eric this season. And that even though we had been told that this season was going to be all about the “bromance” between them, I really didn’t see that much of it. Sure they kind of had some moments here and there, but they most argued and insulted each-other. That and the fact that in the first episode of this season, when Bill and Eric blew up the car and Eric says to Bill, “I’m not leaving you here!” Why would he say that when just before that, that very same night they were basically fighting over who would have Sookie, and before still showed some disdain toward each-other? Now when that scene happened with the car and Eric said that to Bill, my friend thinks that there actually might be more of a history between the two of them that we haven’t seen yet. Maybe we’ll see more of it in season six? She thinks that because of the clues we had this season, not just with the silent communication between them, but also with Eric all of a sudden being so protective of Bill; that there had to be something that happened between them in the past. Before the whole storyline taking place in the present happened, we only saw them interact before back in 1905 when they first met. So happened in between 1905 and 2008? Were they once friends, or *gasp* were they once lovers? And then something happened later on and they became, not enemies, but more… “ambivalent” toward each-other? We know Eric is bisexual but is Bill completely straight? Yeah we were thinking way to much into this, but it was just some of the things we thought of while discussing it. Again why would they be so protective of each-other at the very beginning of this season? What do you think Mel? Are we crazy? lol

Just one more thing though. Another reason why my friend and I discussed it was also because I remember at the recent Comic-con panel, that Stephen and Alex mentioned something about how we will soon see a “special relationship” between the two of them beginning to form. But I don’t know if they specified that it was suppose to be this season? Or if they were actually hinting at what little they know of what will happen to their characters next season. Because I tried looking for when their relationship would take off even more during this season, but I never saw it. After the comic-con interviews it was when the storyline made it seem like Bill was turning to the dark side. So I was confused as to what Stephen and Alex were talking about. Maybe those were more hints into what we will see about the whole Bill/Eric thing next season? More background about their complex relationship? Hmm. I can’t wait for next season!!

And I don’t think Bill is COMPLETELY bad. Just before he drank the blood he said to Sookie, “vampires often turn on those they love the most”. Which completely contradicts what he said earlier to her about how her race is an abomination. So he even admits that he still loves her. Oh, season six hurry up!