True Blood Radio 193: Fall TV For Truebies

The new TV season has arrived with the networks premiering new and returning shows in bewildering quantity. Mel and Liz talk about which shows might appeal to Truebies, and highlight shows with True Blood guest star appearances. But we’re still not going to watch The Walking Dead.

Things we talked about:

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes or Stitcher, or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. Jessica(Dragonfly)

October 5, 2012 at 12:08 am

I adore your hair and makeup Liz. You look gorgeous!

Two of my favorite shows (Scandal, and Homeland) have just started their second seasons. I’m not sure if they will appeal to a lot of TB fans, however they are both well written, and well acted dramas. ABC’s Scandal is a cross between The West Wing, and The Practice. If you like political intrigue, this is the show for you.

Homeland is an amazing espionage-driven drama on Showtime. For me this show is a can’t miss every Sunday.

Once Upon a Time SPOILER:

I’m dying to know exactly who you think Michael Raymond-James’s character is on Once Upon a Time. I’m pretty sure he’s Baelfire. I also think Baelfire may in fact be Henry’s Bio-Dad. I could be wrong. I’d love to know your thoughts.

October 5, 2012 at 12:51 am

Isn’t her hair gorgeous? I’m so glad she decided to grow it out.

As a matter of fact, that’s exactly who we think Mikey Ray’s character is, Jessica. ;) We’ve been speculating as much since early August!

• Jessica(Dragonfly)

October 7, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Fantastic! I always thought he was so cute, so I certainly hope that’s who he’s character is on the show. Is it to early to start Team Baelfire?

October 8, 2012 at 10:27 am

Aw, I’m all a-blush!

I watch Scandal too and I wasn’t sure about it at first, but I’m so hooked now. It’s full of great stories and a lot of intrigue. Lots of shocking moments too.

2. Danielle

October 7, 2012 at 12:08 pm

And why do you two not watch “The Walking Dead? hmmmm….Oh I don’t blame you for not watching myself and I was in the middle of season 2, Its to much gruesomeness and nastiness, I know I watch True Blood and Games of Thrones and they have their fair share of gruesomeness, its not as bad as The Walking Dead. I had to stop cause I made the mistake of watching after I ate and they had a really gross scene and I had to quickly change it to something else.

• Danielle

October 7, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Correction: The first part of my post made little sense and I can’t delete it so I am fixing it and putting it in a reply.

And why do you two not watch “The Walking Dead? hmmmm….Oh I don’t blame you for not watching, I was watching the middle of season 2 and had to stop, Its to much gruesomeness and nastiness, I know I watch True Blood and Games of Thrones and they have their fair share of gruesomeness, its not as bad as The Walking Dead. I had to stop cause I made the mistake of watching after I ate and they had a really gross scene and I had to quickly change it to something else.

3. Kim

October 7, 2012 at 1:17 pm

American Horror Story should not be missed. Super scary. Coming on FX Oct 17 http://www.fxnetworks.com/ahs.

October 8, 2012 at 10:28 am

You’re right, Kim! I had forgotten about that one, and so many people watch it. I don’t but it’s a good recommendation for Truebies.