True Blood Radio 194: Season 6 Spoilers – Finally!

This week on True Blood Radio we finally have some season 6 spoilers to discuss! Join us as we speculate about who Rutger Hauer is playing and what role a new character being cast will have in Sookie’s life. Plus we talk with Dina of Deliciously Darling Events about throwing a True Blood-themed party and share suggested reading to get you through the hiatus.

Things We Talked About:

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes or Stitcher, or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. Mynda

October 12, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Still Giddy over Rutger Hauer! CAN NOT Wait to see him in Season Six!

2. Wendy

October 12, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I would like to recomend a series of books it’s “Vampires in America” by D.B Reynolds. they are Raphael, Jabril, Rajmund, Sophia, Duncan are out now and Lucas is due out Oct. 30
    This is a great series the stories are good and I love the strong characters with some steamy sex. I strongly recomend this series.

3. Blissa

October 13, 2012 at 12:34 am

What’s a Big name for the show next season? Faery War??? Shifters out??? Billith??? Eric & Sookie???

I totally agreed w/ you guys,She don’t need other Bill. I hope he’s a relative. She got Eric by her side unless this Ben interfer w/their relationship (Maybe Warlow’s in disguise). I thought there’s a

Thank you for the site & the list of books. People should check out Tales of Faerie Courts by Melissa Marr,they are series of the books about faeries in modern day(Book 1: Wicked Lovely, Book 2: Ink Exchange, Book 3: Fragile Eternity, Book 4: Radiant Shadows, Book 5: Darkest Mercy). You could also check out Holly Black’s series Modern faery tale trilogy (Book 1: Tithe: A modern Faerie Tale, Book 2: Valiant: A Modern Tale of Faerie, Book 3: Ironside),there’s a lot of sex,gore,& drug in those books. Do you read Dean Kootz’s Odd Thomas books? OMG!!! They’re like Sookie Stackhouse but they are more realisic (except book 3′s cheesy). They’re about a short order cook who sees ghosts & solve mysteries. Dean putted a lot of sense of humor into Odd’s character & the stories are very well written.

4. Esw45

October 14, 2012 at 6:36 am

Yeah …..I think this might be the fairy war season …. Ben sounds like a fairy to me with everyone thinking he is attractive … More like lochlan from the books? Sookie doesn’t need a new love interest she has Eric and Alcide still has a crush on her according to Alan Ball even though he has Rikki….I think rutger hauer, I believe is Warlow which he will be excellent as and Eric and Sookie will get together sometime this next season and finally Billith will take over as the authority and help to elevate the human verses vampire war that was started last season.

5. Debi

October 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I tried the audible/trueblood trial. You can get a free book and Darynda Jones series is on the list. You could try it for free. Charlie Davidson sounds like Stephanie Plum since it’s the same narrator, but it’s fun.

A few books to try: Jenna Black’s Morgan Kingsley exorcist series (bit on the darker side). Karen Marie Moning’s Fever Series is about the FAE. Southern fried blonde goes to Ireland to find sister’s killer.

Ben could be Lochlan. Will Billith take over the authority? Vampires trying to take over? Could the fae come to Sookie and human’s aid? Lots to cram into fewer episodes this season.

October 14, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I didn’t realize that was the same narrator. How funny!

6. Blissa

October 14, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I hope Billith’ll last about 1 ep like Supernatural did that to get rid of Cas as a god in season 7.

I think Hauger’ll play Niall & Macklyn but only Macklyn in flashback. I think Eric has connection to Warlow beside Nora. There must a reas on why Eric brought Sookie’s house. It makes me wonders what’s he was doing when the year Sookie was gone.

October 15, 2012 at 11:46 am

Eric explained why he bought Sookie’s house last season.

7. Marilyn

October 25, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Hi Liz,
    You asked for suggestions for good mystery books in your last videocast. Well, I happen to be a big mystery lover myself and I have a recommendation. These books do not have a supernatural element, but they are a good read. It is the series of books about a female P.I written by Sue Grafton and the hook is that for the book titles, she is working her way thru the alphabet such as “A is for Alibi, etc. I believe she just came out with “V is for Vengeance.
    Take care,