True Blood Radio 195: Analyzing the Final Sookie Cover

The final novel in the Sookie Stackhouse series is due on bookshelves in May 2013, but we got an early tease with the release of the book cover. Naturally we analyzed the heck out of it! We also have a bit of news and a sexy new giveaway in this week’s episode of True Blood Radio. (P.S. Liz says this is episode 196 in our intro, but it really is 195.)

Things we talked about:

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes or Stitcher, or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. Liz

October 26, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Oops! I forgot we didn’t do a podcast last week. LOL!

2. Helen

October 26, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Noo, resist that last page, ladies! Don’t give in to those naughty temptations! Seriously though, it’s going to be really sad when we all get to that page, knowing that it’s all over. I always wanted a Sookie/Alcide happy ending but I highly doubt that’ll happen now. :(

As for Halloween, our costumes were always home made too, Liz. In fact, ours were always made out of black plastic bin liners with cheap plastic monster masks. Still fun though.

3. Sookieeleana

October 26, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I’ll be reading the very end of the book first otherwise I will just rush through and miss stuff.
    Then I’ll go back, relax and read the whole thing :)

October 26, 2012 at 5:49 pm

That’s what I’m planning. I think. That will probably change several times before May. :D

• Barbara Fish

October 26, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I plan to read the last couple of pages first as well. I hope Sookie and Eric end up together.

• Sookieeleana

October 28, 2012 at 9:47 am

Me too Barbara, and I think they will. It may take me a while to get through it if they don’t.

• Gracie

October 30, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Not, likely after the last book and her not becoming a vampire

4. Vicki Sanders

October 26, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I agree with you Sookieeleana. I’m going to do that too because I also want to take my time and enjoy this last book.. so sad.

5. TrueLove

October 26, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Not me…ill savor every last page (in order) :)

6. Gill

November 4, 2012 at 4:33 pm

I had a thought about the tiger’s tail – it is obviously Quinn, but why is he hiding? I am re-reading the books to see if CH has left any clues about the series finale, and one thing I have noticed makes total sense – Quinn works for Extremely (Elegent) Events in the Special Events section that deals with events hosted for Supernaturals, and they specialise in Vampire weddings.

*SPOILER for book readers who haven’t read the most recent book*

Who do we know has a wedding coming up, and who still has Quinn’s ‘sacred’ knife? Eric. Who cannot officiate at his own wedding? Eric. I therefore propose that when Eric is unable to break off the wedding arrangements to the Vampire Queen Freyda, and is p***d off with Sookie for not using the cluvial dor to extricate him from this arrangement, he decides to ‘punish’ Sookie by going through with the wedding, and is forced to contact Quinn to conduct the wedding. As Quinn is majorly in Sookie’s bad books, he is hiding from her, whilst still doing what he has to in running E (E) E events.

I know that this thread is old, but I hope that someone comments on my theory. I have lots more like it.

November 6, 2012 at 3:01 pm

That’s a great idea! It would be a good explanation of Quinn being on the cover. Although I don’t think you are right about Quinn being in Sookie’s bad books. Remember the last phone conversation they had, they pretty much ended on a friendly note, with Quinn getting ready for fatherhood.

• Melissa

November 6, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I really like this cover! I know it is the same artist but to me it looks unique compared to its preceding siblings. The other covers are surreal and whimsical which I love but, this is a lovely change. This final cover just seems to have a softer lighthearted feel. The wolf for instance is not threatening like the former illustrations show. I love hearing everyone’s interpretations and that every little detail could mean something different. I have always wanted to get one, I think this is my favorite! So many book covers have nothing to do with the story, Im really going to miss this series!