True Blood Season 6 Casting News: Meet Ben

Production on True Blood season 6 doesn’t begin until January, but another major character has been cast already. We reported last month that producers were looking for someone to play Ben, a charming, handsome man with a dark side. Per TVLine, producers have cast British actor Robert Kazinsky in the role. In addition, our speculations were proven right – he is a faerie.

Ben will take a liking to Sookie, and of course other sites are trying to play him up as a possible love interest for our favorite blond telepath, but his true purpose is to help Sookie and Jason uncover more of their heritage as season 6 focuses on Warlow and the fae.

Kazinsky will be a series regular in True Blood season 6 which premieres on HBO in June 2013.

1. Dee

November 13, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Hmmm Season 6 focuses on Warlow. Cool.

So, there really won’t be much, if any, book reference in Season Six.

Interesting that Ben will be fae and maybe (by speculation) a love interest for Sookie. With fae being the light and dark magical creatures they are, that may not bode well.

HAHAHA! Here’s a thought. What if he likes Jason!?! :-)

2. Dee

November 13, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Whoa…that last thought just reminded me of one of the books! The were-panther that fell in love with Jason! Maybe a twist?

November 13, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I was looking at the photo and thinking that this guy looks enough like Ryan Kwanten to make me wonder if they’re going the Uncle Dermot route.

• Dee

November 13, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Oooooh! Could be!!! Very cool!

• Rebecca S

November 13, 2012 at 3:50 pm

That would be really cool, bringing in another character from the book – but I get the impression they are trying to distance themselves from the books, I can’t think of anything in the last season that had anything to do with the books, although I could have overlooked something.

3. Helen

November 13, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Oh my god!!! SEAN SLATER!!! Going from Albert Square to Bon Temps!!

• Rebecca S

November 13, 2012 at 3:48 pm

YaY! I am glad I’m not the only one that saw that. He is gorgeous isn’t he? And we know he can play crazy : )

• Helen

November 14, 2012 at 12:39 am

He doesn’t really float my boat but he is a good actor.

4. Blissa

November 13, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I think he’s Sookie’s great-great-great-great-great-grandfather Niall. He does looks like he’s related to the Stackhouse. I remembered there’s a scene where Eric tried to take a bite of him in Dead All Together when tvline mentioned he’s very attracts to men & ladies when Sookie appoachs.

I hope he’s Niall.

5. danielik25

November 14, 2012 at 10:24 am

He is a fairy and a possible new love interest for our waitress, because she must taste of every sort… Simply, lucky woman!

6. fabgeek

November 25, 2012 at 3:08 pm

He actually kind of looks like Godric to me in this picture…