Take a Peek at the UNOFFICIAL Synopsis for the Final Sookie Novel

Our friends over at Sookieverse stumbled across an unofficial synopsis for the final Sookie novel, Dead Ever After, which they feel comes from a reliable source. If they feel confident in posting it, that’s good enough for us!

Sookie finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte’s. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance…and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated.

Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime.

But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she’ll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough…

So Arlene is back. Charlaine has said as much in interviews teasing the book, and it sounds like Arlene’s role is probably minor but an easy plot point to talk about without giving too much away. Clearly Sookie is still trying to figure out the future of her relationship with Eric, and Freya’s demands aren’t helping. But what about this murder? Who dies? Why would Sookie be suspected? And why does it feel like some major reveals about Sookie’s beloved Bon Temps are on the horizon?

Dead Ever After hits bookshelves May 7, 2013.

1. Elisha_Q

November 16, 2012 at 7:45 am

I have the strange feeling that Arlene is the one thats been killed. Thin evidence against Sookie might just mean an argument earlier, plus everybody knows that Arlene tried to kill Sookie.

2. Sookieeleana

November 16, 2012 at 10:03 am

Not really what I was expecting from the synopsis of the final book. Good to see that Sookie & Eric are still in a “relationship” as all the Anyone But Eric Team maintained it was the end of them after the last book. I’m not sure the “what passes for love” is directly about Eric, as I’ve always thought what he and Sookie have is true love for each other. not something that “passes” for it.

Interesting that Arlene is the only other character mentioned by name other than Eric and Sookie. Could she be the murder victim? I’ve always had a feeling that Bill might die at the end, so maybe there might be a few supporting characters lost?

3. Kelsey

November 16, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I appreciate the Charaline Harris updates, but in reality this show has taken such a right turn that it is no longer based on the books. Apart from the names of the characters (limited) and the location, there is nothing that even resembles what the books are about. I don’t think I’m watching season 6. I mean a fog demon ? Tara’s a vampire? Lillith?…really?

November 16, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Ok Kelsey, thanks for stopping by!

4. Gracie

November 18, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I think after Sookie using to use the wish to help Sam Eric marries the queen and Sookie finds out. I think Eric sees Sookie helping Sam as a betrayal.

• Blomman

November 19, 2012 at 9:28 am

That would make the Eric character a really bad as VIKING vampire in this book i think 🙂 . You got to love the dangures side of him to xD

5. Blomman

November 19, 2012 at 9:22 am

Cant wait to get my hand on this book , wonder if Eric feel betraid by sookie and he´s the center of whats happend in bon temps ? . Hope it is the queen he tend to marry who cuse the mess . I think it would be a very bad ending for the Eric character . I know Sookie isent going to end up with a vampire and thats fine as long as Eric comme out as a good one toward sookie and i think that has to be .

6. Esw45

November 20, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Eric and has been the Love story of the books and the show as far as I am concerned but in the books in particular so I hope they can find away to keep their love with each other pure and end up together in the end ….otherwise it will be a disappointing ending to a great love story.