SPOILERS: Casting Call for True Blood 6.02 Holds a Shocking Revelation

As previously announced, the title for True Blood episode 6.02 is “Here Comes the Sun”, and now we’ve been sent the casting call which, I’m not going to lie, has me a trifle confused. Take a look.

This episode was written by Angela Robinson and will be directed by Dan Attias. Production is scheduled to begin January 15, 2013.

Producers are casting Willa Burrell, daughter of Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard). A pretty co-ed, age 22, she doesn’t agree with her father’s anti-vampire agenda but is powerless to stop him. This is a recurring role.

Joining Nicole Jannsen’s troupe of activists are Mustard, a young Caucasian woman from Los Angeles with canary yellow hair dubbed a “Lena Dunham-ish” type; Jessie, a Caucasian male in his late 20s described as “lanky and pompous”; and Bruce, a young African-American guy from Vermont who is “nerdy”. Mustard and Jessie are recurring while Bruce is “possible” recurring. Watch your back, Bruce!

Maggie is a Caucasian woman in her mid-30s who is petite, blonde, and pregnant. She believes her husband ran off and left her to raise their baby alone, which naturally makes her emotional. I’m guessing Mr. Maggie didn’t leave her by choice and she’ll become part of Governor Burrell’s campaign. This is another potentially recurring role.

Speaking of vampire snacks, Veronica is a “sassy prostitute”  turned “human edible” (a person who allows vampires to feed on her for cash) in her mid-30s who makes housecalls. This is a one-off role and the actress who lands the part will need dance and/or contortionist abilities.

And finally, we’re going to meet Niall’s Mother! Flashing back to 3500 B.C., we’ll meet this Caucasion woman (mid-20s to early-30s) who is billed as Young Niall’s (Rutger Hauer) protective mother. That’s right, Rutger Hauer IS playing Niall*, although it appears he now goes by Macklyn Warlow. Or that’s an entirely different character. Or Macklyn and Warlow are two different characters. (My money is on the first option.)

*For non-bookies, Niall is an ancient faery who is Jason and Sookie’s great-great-great-great-etc-grandfather.

1. esw45

January 7, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Niall and Warlow are the same …is my guess and this fang banger call girl type is for Bill or Billith and she wont live long probably. … I wonder do Eric know Niall like the books we see that Nora knows of Warlow …..

• Ethel

January 12, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I would like to know where people are getting the idea that Niall and Warlow are the same.

• esw45

January 14, 2013 at 11:27 am

People are guessing that warlow and niall are the same because back in October HBO stated that Rutger Hauer was playing a character named Macklyn and Warlow first name according to the contract he signed with John Stackhouse was M. So when we heard about that most of us thought he will be Warlow now with the casting call for episode 6.02 saying he will be playing Niall instead we are confused and knowing how true blood changes the book characters to their version of how they want them to be maybe warlow and niall might be the same person ….maybe warlow is not a vampire ….maybe he is a fairy?

2. Niecey

January 7, 2013 at 7:32 pm

I wonder if Sookie will have a relationship with him, or “will it be Thursday” again. Can’t wait either way.

January 7, 2013 at 8:44 pm

A relationship with who?

• esw45

January 7, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Mel …..I think she means Niall/Warlow……I think

3. Nothinbutjoy

January 7, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Total speculation here.

The things that popped into my head upon reading this:

Warlow is a combo and twist on Felipe de Castro and Victor Madden, powerful, ruthless and after Sookie’s fairy blood/telepathy.

Mustard/Jessie/Bruce are Palimino/Rubio Hermosa/Parker Coburn, the refugee Vamps that ended up at Fangtasia after hurricane Katrina.

Veronica is Kym Rowe, the banger that laced herself with fairy blood to entice Eric and ended up dead with Eric framed for her murder.

That’s not the way it will go as Mustard/Jessie/Bruce are human activists, yes?

I’m wondering if there will be Warlow after Sookie as an enemy of Niall (RUTGER HAUER!?! YAY!) and Niall being introduced as her (many greats) grandfather come to be a part of her life even though it puts Sookie at great risk.

I think the activists will be part of the Bill/Billith action.

Again, all pure speculation. Don’t know why I bother as I’m never right. I guess it’s just fun. LOL

January 7, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I don’t think the characters will line up with the books so neatly, but I can see some possible parallels. Well done!

• Madeleine

January 8, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Speaking of parallels, what if Niall and Warlow are brothers / two thirds of triplets? Maybe its Niall, Macklyn and Warlow ….

• Jana

January 8, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Niall’s brother in the books was Rogan, who’s son was Breandan that killed Claudine but maybe they could be integrating characteristics of Lochlan and Neave since Warlow killed Sookie’s parents in the show.

• Madeleine

January 9, 2013 at 1:02 am

And it’s completely unimaginable they renamed him? 😉

January 9, 2013 at 11:01 am

If you’re talking about the writers then no it isn’t unimaginable, but is it unlikely. They won’t call an actor in (especially one of Hauer’s caliber) to audition for one part, then change it after they’ve already announced the part he’ll play to the masses. It’s just not done.

However, if you’re talking about the fae renaming him, that’s completely imaginable.

• Jon

January 11, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Liz- they do it all the time in TV. A casting call will have one name, but the actual character who they audition for could be entirely different. They do it to keep things under wraps.

I’m still saying that Warlow is the shows version of Dermott. He better be.

January 11, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Yes, we’re aware that some shows do that, although True Blood hasn’t done it with a significant character in the 5 years we’ve been covering the show. What’s really got us wondering is that Rutger Hauer was announced as having been cast to play Macklyn – as in HBO sent out a press release with that name – and the show already established that Warlow’s first name starts with an M. Now we’re being told that Hauer is playing Niall, a very important character from the books.

• Nothinbutjoy

January 8, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Thank you 🙂 I’ve just been re-reading the last couple of books since we didn’t get our early chapter, so all of that was just rattling around.

I have to say…Mustard? That just makes me laugh.

4. Truebie203

January 8, 2013 at 1:27 am

I’m stoked that they’re bringing in Niall’s character.
    My guess is that Niall and Macklyn Warlow are too different characters. Because there are still a lot of open questions about what’s going on with him and this contract.
    For example, why was the contract even made? Why does he need/want Sookie?
    The last elder (that Russell killed) was kind of a bust, even though she hinted at things (such as Sookie being drawn to vampires for a reason, which we got no answer to)…
    I think Niall has to be a different character from Warlow so we can get some answers to a lot of these questions. I can’t think of any characters (we know of so far) that can possibly help Sookie more than Claude already has.

5. Sookieeleana

January 8, 2013 at 2:28 am

We have Niall 🙂

Outside of Sookie & Eric – he is my favorite character in the whole book series. Can’t wait to see what they do with him. This could be the best season ever!

6. Janca

January 8, 2013 at 6:03 am

I loved Niall in the books but to me Rutger Hauer is too old. I’ve always envisioned David Bowie as Niall and Orlando Bloom as Dillon. How could a fairy turn vamp? Isn’t that impossible? Maybe they’re introducing aspects of Dermot’s character when he was under Claude’s spell and allegedly helped kill Sookie’s parents to help the water fae? Aaargh!

• blomman

January 8, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Maybe something we will get to know in ” dead ever after ” that will come out in may :)))))) . I know charliane have said that Sookie will turn out into something else than a vampire , but never said into what . And the eric´s absence explained in the book spoilers !! Your comment just made my day !!! now i´m looking foward to this last ´book more than ever !!! CAN be wrong doow but until then i can dream a little XD

• Debi

January 8, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I gotta say that I am more excited about the season with Niall being brought on…can the fae zap Billith? It’s confusing why there would be a contract for Sookie, if he’s her grandfather. He planning on marrying her off to a fairy prince? I get a weird vibe that maybe they prefer to mate with humans (Andy & his new quads). I watched a 49 min Charlaine Harris video from the Library of Congress…she talked about how David Bowie would be a good Niall. If ya’ll have 49 min to spare…listen to her and fan questions…interesting stuff on her writing, True Blood, and the last book. One of the best ones I’ve seen her do…lots of interesting stuff for a bookie!

January 8, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Rutger Hauer is only 2 years older than David Bowie, so I’m not sure I see much difference there.

I’m wondering if the pointy teeth on Warlow aren’t because he’s a vampire but rather because he’s a very old faery. Maybe he filed them into points like Lochlan and Naeve (the evil fae from the books)? Yay for something juicy to speculate about!

P.S. Did you know that Liz and I met on an Orlando Bloom fansite? And I’ve met him? True story.

• Janca

January 9, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Jealous! Yeah, Neave not only had pointy teeth but silver caps as well. And remember Bellenos has naturally curved and pointy teeth? I envision David Bowie as he was in Labyrinth…

7. Rebecca S

January 8, 2013 at 6:05 am

Considering how far they have gone from the books it will be interesting to see what they do with Niall!

8. ROBYN

January 8, 2013 at 11:18 am

I still wish they would involve Quinn somehow 🙁

9. mynda

January 8, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Perfect casting once again!
    Rutger was always Royalty to me.
    Now it’s official!
    I’m in Heaven.

10. strawberry

January 9, 2013 at 2:05 am

Niall and Warlow might be the same person, but I do think Warlow is a faery. “Warlow” killed Sookie’s parents, but we know from the books that faeries can also be very cruel and violent. And wasn’t it Claude and the other faeries that told Sookie and Jason a vampire killed their parents? Maybe they’re just trying to get Sookie on their side for some upcoming faery vs. vampire war..

• pve

January 9, 2013 at 11:29 am

If Warlow is indeed a fairy, he is a fairy with fangs. He killed Sookie’s parents which were found with vampire bites on their necks. It makes better sense that Niall and Warlow two different individuals.

January 9, 2013 at 11:36 am

We didn’t actually see Warlow killing Sookie’s parents. Also, some of the older, meaner fairies filed their teeth to sharp points. But I agree that Niall and Warlow are one and the same.

Also, there has always been fighting between fairies and vampires. What if a fae made the Stackhouse’s deaths look like vampire killings to start another war?

• blomman

January 9, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I´m still wondering .. Eric´s sister Nora did recodnize the name Warlow . And Nora dident now more about the fairys then a averige vampire . In the books the fairys was very rare to see but they did . In the show they havent been seen for 2000 years and belived to be gone forever . Maybe the vampires have a old history about the fairy kings ect who knows . And just like she dident realized that she did had a fairy light apple her parents could have hade Warlows blood as a child baby and Warlow be the vampire who cross the fairy border .

• Ringo

April 30, 2013 at 3:34 am

What if he was a fairy turned vampire ? In previous seasons Bill asked Sookie why she didn’t want to be turned ( I Know it does not make sense because Sookie told him being pale would not suit her) At this time, Bill already knew of Sookie’s special powers, so I assume he knew that it is possible for other supernaturals to be turned. I think he will be some kind of uber vampire race 😀

• BilLover

April 30, 2013 at 1:13 pm

In Season 3, there was a dream sequence where Eric told Sookie why he thought she’d make a good Vampire…she disagreed. But since she’s (in the Series) mostly human & part Fae, I suppose she Could be turned Vampire.

11. Joy

January 9, 2013 at 11:24 am

Maybe he goes by Niall Maklyn?????

12. blomman

January 9, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I´m excited for Naill this season but i think we have to wait and see who Warlow is . To me it would make more sence if Warlow is a vampire , a old one . A big part in the books is the marrige between Sookie and Eric later on and it would be a chance for Eric to protect Sookie if Warlow is a vampire . And Sookie sence and like saa Warlow like she did … Can be drawn a pararel to Eric´s maker in the books who did a simalar thing . Soo to me that was a vampire thing Warlow did even if the faries have said they can do alot of magical things . I think the Billith thing will lead to a bigg vampire gathering next season that just have to be and the Warlow and Eric / Sookie marrige thing to the fairy war . Or thats what i hope for in the show , the show may be very diffirent but the biggest parts soo far have been in the show like Eric lossin his memory s 4 , the supernatural hunting s 5 .. it would only make sence of a bigg gathering next season and the marrige part s 8 .

• blomman

January 9, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Sorry .. A takeover s 8 after the gathering and the marrige thing s 9

• Rina

January 9, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I don’t think they will be doing the vampire summit in the show. They already showed vampire politics and government and legal system in S5 using the Vampire Authority. A summit with 1,000 of random strangers roaming around for several episodes would be too expensive and impractical to film for a TV show.

• Blomman

January 10, 2013 at 2:42 am

I dident think of that .. and i think you must be right to . I bet it will be more of a court thing with Sookie trying to clear Bill and Eric helpimg them out ?? Bill cant die he´s to importen character . And the resun for the gathering in the book was not the gathering it self but solving political things and accusasions ect and Sookie helping the vampires . Speaking of daywalking for vampires , that rumor among vampires must have come from something right !? maybe a vampire can daywalk if they have had fairy light wather that Sookie drank after Bill almost draind her s 3 ? and one vampite was able to get to it and drink ? well maybe who knows with this show right 🙂

13. Rina

January 9, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Personally, I think Rutger Hauer looks far more like Niall than David Bowie. He exudes that perfect combination of creepiness and kindness that Niall does in the books and has an ethereal quality to him. No idea how Niall is connected to Warlow. Maybe Warlow is also a part-fae descendent who was turned into vampire and started to prey on the other family members to daywalk. I would imagine that it would be extemely difficult for someone even only part-fae to never see the sun again. Hopefully, the fae agenda regarding Sookie (and Jason) will be revealed next season.

14. A.Ortiz

January 10, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I agree with the speculation that Warlow and Niall are brothers, even though Warlow maybe a vampire/fae . It would be awesome if Rutger Hauer was signed on to play 2 characters at once, it would make sense considering the fact that faries are born in multiples. If this is the case i hope that if/when they bring Dermot(Sookie & Jason’s great uncle) on to the show Ryan Kwanten will agree to play him as well. Either way I know we arent going to be able to expect the awesomness that will happen this season. STOKED!!!!

• A.Ortiz

January 10, 2013 at 3:31 pm

(in the books Dermot and Jason are practically identical)

15. Leelee

January 10, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Wow talk about confused! I have not read any of the books so have no idea about that side of things. However, from what i’ve seen of the show and read in the spoilers… Could Warlow really end up being a fairy turned vampire?? Therefore Niall/Warlow being the same person?? I MEAN i know they said it could never happen BUT never say never right!?? It could be a well kept secret that only the fae know about thats why the elder was shocked when Sookie asked and said we dont speak of such things… ???
    I’m very excited…

One question i’m dying to have answered is if they are going to start the season exactly where they left off or if they are going to jump to a week later or down the track?? I personally really do hope we get to see them pick up straight from where they left us hanging!!!

16. Rina

January 11, 2013 at 12:32 am

Since TB is casting Niall’s mother, it may all be going back to her. Maybe she had children with a fairy (producing Niall) and with a human (producing Warlow) since based on Maurella, female fairies tend to cross-breed. Then either Warlow or his descendant (also using that name) became a vampire since he was only part-fae and presumably could be turned. Maybe he resented not being a full fairy with magical powers and a very long life. The Stackhouses could be descendants of Niall that Warlow decided to prey on, and maybe even try to breed, to harvest their blood for daywalking since he knew that they had a strong fae bloodline running thru them. This can explain why the fairies don’t talk about Warlow. He’s a family scandal–the black sheep who turned on his own kind. And it can explain how Sookie was able to make a psychical connection to him–he’s blood kin, and on True Blood, it’s all about the magical blood connections. Also Warlow could just be another part-fae descendent of Niall who went to the dark side. I’m probably completely off-base here, but it’s fun to speculate.

• vikingril

January 11, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I don’t see Warlow being part human. From the contract that Mariela read, it sounds like the Warlow character is extremely old. Warlow, even being 1/2 human, I don’t think would live that long.
      I agree with others, who believe that Niall and Warlow might be brothers, (or are related) and that the Warlow character would be Niall’s enemy (a kind of Brendan, or that Brendan is Warlow’s offspring).

• Rina

January 12, 2013 at 10:51 pm

I mean that he started out as human but then was turned into vampire.

• Janca

January 12, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I love this theory. Remember Niall had Dillon from his fae wife and Fintan and Dermot from Einin? Sookie is only his great-granddaughter in the books but in the show, who knows? They changed Mitchell’s name to Earl for whatever reason. I enjoy the books and show equally but separately.

• Leelee

January 20, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I think thats a very interesting theory and it definitely intrigues me 🙂

17. RogerSteven

March 22, 2013 at 11:49 pm

I heard a rumor Nialls mother is played by Norwegian actress Linn Bjornland. Super excited. Hope they show the whole fairy story.

18. Shannon

March 24, 2013 at 2:34 am

Random thought, what if Warlow was Godrich’s maker, or makers maker? Making him Eric and Nora’s grand father (so to speak) this would explain why Nora knows about him. I do think it’s very probable that Niall and Warlow are related somehow, and that Warlow was somehow responsible for either the death of Niall’s mother or his wife. I love this show (and the books). Was sad to see they reduced the episodes, I hope they keep it going awhile longer or I’ll cancel my HBO so they can no longer Billith me. 🙂

19. lennoc

June 22, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Perhaps Macklyn and Warlow are two different characters, M.Warlow is not necessarily Macklyn Warlow, perhaps Macklyn is the character name of Niall in the show simply?

20. Ana Maria

June 29, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Maybe warlow is the first vampire we see in the 1st season (episode 1) ‘billy bob” Lol