True Blood Radio 199: New Year, New Spoilers!

Happy new year, Truebies! We’re kicking off 2013 with fresh spoilers for True Blood season 6, including news of a beloved book character coming to the show. Also, Mel & Liz sing.

Things we talked about:

1. Jaime S

January 10, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Hi Ladies, My thoughts on Niall and Warlow could be that he uses Warlow when in the human world. In the books he had many business ventures with humans that helped the fae. I would like to hear your thoughts on this idea.

2. Liz

January 10, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Do you mean that he uses the name ‘Warlow’ when he’s in the human world? I’m good with that explanation. Or he uses Niall when he’s in the human world. Either way would work.

• Madeleine

January 11, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Dear Liz, I have a question. I’m not sure if I heard that correctly … the writers changing Niall (as a character) from fae to vampire?
      How could he be Sookie’s (a part-fae) great-great-great-grandfather in that case? Wouldn’t that mean he had to start out as fae?
      I figure he has to be at least partly fae, and since he’s so old I think it’s (fairly) safe to assume he’s not a hybrid but pure-blooded.
      Fae-human off-spring seems to age normally (after birth) and since Allan Ball said faes can’t be turned it doesn’t seem possible, at least to me. But maybe I missed out on something ….

January 11, 2013 at 2:19 pm

She was wondering if that’s what they were planning to do, have Niall be a hybrid fae/vampire. Neither of us think that’s a good idea.

• Madeleine

January 12, 2013 at 12:09 am

I got that both of you don’t fancy the idea, but my question was : would it even be possible to have Niall being a vampire? Given that he has fae off-spring and faes can’t be turned. I’m not following how that could be.

• Madeleine

January 12, 2013 at 1:33 am

Darn, of course I meant to write “have Niall being a hybrid”, since turning isn’t an option. If you can’t turn one magical creature into another one, how do you ‘combine’ them?

3. Rina

January 11, 2013 at 12:08 am

Hi, Liz and Mel. Good to see you guys again. Love your podcasts.

TB had been pretty good at sticking to Sookie’s most important relationships in the books, so I don’t think they will make Niall a vampire. It looks like he will be an ancestor–maybe a much older one than in the books. The casting of Rutger Hauer as Macklyn may have been a red herring. Or maybe Warlow is related to Niall, and RH will be playing them both. The casting for Niall’s mother is really weird. She’s definitely not a character from the books. Maybe Niall will tell Sookie about his childhood. TB will definitely need to cast a younger actor if they want a young Niall. I can’t wait to see how this all turns out. Waiting sucks!

4. esw45

January 11, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Happy New Year Liz & Mel, I think Niall/Warlow is the same person and he is a fairy …..I never thought Warlow was a vampire because when he came to Sookie in her bathroom, no vampire can do that with a fairy from what we have seen. The prostitute I think is for Billith so she won’t be around long that’s probably when she needs to contort her body….not good! I agree that Billith will be redeemed by season’s end he is one of the main 3 characters….Sookie and Eric being the other 2. The baddie this season is Creighton Burrell the Governor of Louisiana…..this Ben character might be bad but he definitely has an agenda and not a good one for Sookie i bet. I am not sure if Niall/Warlow really is bad or just misunderstood.

5. nessa

January 11, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Hey Ladies great podcast!!!!

I think Warlow and Mackyln/ naill are not the same person, but if they are the same person then this idea of pretending to be a vampire is just a trick of magic as if niall is a really ancient fairy then he could have more powers then the average fairy.

For me the really intriguing charcter is Ben, I am kind of curious that the contract said warlow wants a fay-bearing fairy, I wonder if sookie will be forced to be his mate or something so warlow can keep having fairy sevarnts/food. Plus I am beyond excited to see Robert Kazinsky I live in england and he played a really popular charcter on eastenders its strange normally soap starts are never seen agin and now he is going to be on true blood!!!!!

6. posh

January 11, 2013 at 11:49 pm

WOW! It feels great to be gearing up again for the 6th season. Thank you Mel and Liz for all you do. Question. Do you think with the intro of the new characters and only 10 episodes this season, will we see a solid explanation of the Fae/Vamp relationship?

7. Elisha_Q

January 12, 2013 at 5:56 am

It doesn’t make sense to me because Claude and Claudine had their names, so why would Niall be Macklyn. Plus I thought that there would be no Niall since Earl Stackhouse had the telepathy. Deamons also have sharp teeth, so what about Warlow being a bad version of Mr.Cataliadis or may be Nialls’ rival Breandon.
    I am talking/writing non sense.
    Of course I’m going to be wrong again, because True Blood has nothing to do with the books.

Last try, because I keep hoping that they are going to use something from the books – that hooker could be for Erik.

8. Whitney

January 12, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Ok I think you’re right Mel that Warlow is Niall and he is what happens when faerie gets turned vampire. And I thought we saw him drain Sookies mom?

Thoughts?

9. M

January 12, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Some food for thought: On Warlow/Niall: Remember when Sookie was channeling Warlow during her parents abuction on the bridge? He smelt blood on Sookie’s bandaid and was obessessed with feeding on blood. So, I don’t think he is a fairy/Niall. Also, all of the fae are young (looking) so it would be interesting if Niall was cast by the producers as an older person. and I still think Billith is a demon! Good idea in the podcast that would be great if Bill can be converted back from demon to vamp (or even human).

10. Helen

January 13, 2013 at 3:26 am

If Warlow and Niall are one and the same, maybe the writers are using a bit of Dermot’s story line from the books. He was placed under a spell to make him mad and dangerous, maybe that’s what the TB writers have done to Warlow/Niall. I hope not, though, as I’m still hoping that they bring Dermot into the show at some point. I have a bit of a soft spot for him. 🙂

As for the Billith resolution, maybe the writers could “do a Dallas” and have Eric waking up in the shower and all of season 5 was just in Eric’s head! lol

11. Sookieeleana

January 13, 2013 at 10:07 am

Great show this week 🙂 and great start to the New Year.

I look forward to listening to you discussing all the spoilers over the next few weeks. I have no clue about Niall and/or Warlow, can’t wait to find out and I agree with you both that Niall has to be fae not a vampire! (that would be like making Eric a fairy!)

I don’t know if it’s just me but I feel a lot more positive about the show right now than I did this time last year.
    Bring on the spoilers!

12. TeaAna

January 17, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Hey Liz and Mel! Awesome teases this week! 🙂

Okay, so when you two were going over the Niall/Warlow thing- I was so very confused… I was just waiting for you guys to come to a conclusion and explain it to me in simple terms. (haha) …but that didn’t happen because who knows what they are cooking up over there for our enjoyment this summer. 🙂 But, I have to provide something that may help you guys speculate a bit more: What if Warlow is Niall’s twin (you know, same litter and all)- that would cover that same actor point. …And what if Niall is like the “good witch” and Warlow the “bad witch.” (Could be cheesey but I have faith they could make it great.) …IF Warlow is evil then it would give him an excuse for having sharp teeth (like Loch and Neve)- It could also give him an excuse for killing their parents- he was just simply “pissed-off.” Okay, I don’t have a end-point here- just hoping this may help you guys come up with more ideas for us to enjoy during the next podcast.

*smooches*
    an thanks again!

13. Wendy

January 18, 2013 at 1:23 am

Hello Mel & Liz

I was wondering if possible Warlow and Niall is from a set of twins played by the same actor? Since fairies normally have multiple babies. Plus In the books Water fairies where the bad fairies and Sky fairies where the good fairies. If you think about it the fairies in the past seasons had alot to do with water. Like when Sookie woke up and meet Claudine around the little water hole and Drinking the Water from it and, when the shadow cast over fairy land they jumped in the water to escape the vampire. Maybe Warlow and Niall are twins but on different sides, Warlow with filed sharp teeth on the water fairy side aka (bad fairies) and Niall the good fairy on the sky fairy side. What do you think?