SPOILERS: Audio Book Excerpt from DEAD EVER AFTER

Amazon has a new excerpt from the audio book version of Dead Ever After, the final Sookie novel due May 7. The scene from the excerpt involves a trio of characters we haven’t spent much (or any) time with previously, and, for the first time, we appear to be witnessing something without Sookie present. Charlaine Harris did say we’d hear “other voices” in this final book, meaning either an omniscient third-person narrator or from the perspective of other characters, rather than solely from Sookie’s first-person view.

WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD!

The scene excerpted is between Copley Carmichael (Amelia’s father), Tyreese (his chauffeur), and the Devil. Yes, the Devil. You see, Copley and Tyreese have agreed to sell their souls to the Devil in exchange for…well, listen and find out for yourself. What could all of this mean for Sookie? Is Amelia involved somehow? Only one month to go!

Dead Ever After comes out May 7. Pre-order your copy now! You can also get the audio version of Dead Ever After FREE when you sign up for a 30-day trial of Audible.com.

Thanks to SkarsgardFans for the head’s up!

1. Rina

April 7, 2013 at 5:03 pm

No idea what this is about.

2. Debi

April 8, 2013 at 12:14 am

THE DEVIL MADE THEM DO IT…REALLY? Ok, so demons…let me think…Demon Lawyer & niece, weren’t the body guards for King of KY demons? I guess if you have demons then you must have a DEVIL, but I sure didn’t see that one coming! Funny they keep calling Carmichael “THE BUSINESSMAN”. I have DEA ordered on Audible…can’t wait!

3. Nothinbutjoy

April 8, 2013 at 2:31 pm

WHAT!?!

That’s crazy!!!

4. Kaycee

April 9, 2013 at 3:12 am

If you download the e-book in iTunes you can read the first two chapters – the prelude and chapter 1. On my iPhone that’s 74 pages!

April 9, 2013 at 7:59 am

I think you’re referring to DEADLOCKED, Kaycee. The prelude and first chapter were available in advance last year. Charlaine and her publishers decided not to release any material in advance this time.

• Kaycee

April 22, 2013 at 3:16 am

No really, it’s Dead Ever After. I know Charlaine Harris told us that she wouldn’t release any material beforehand but it’s truly 74 pages of new material. Including the scene mentioned here with the Devil and two other scenes I won’t spoil here. Maybe it’s just in the Dutch iBooks store?

• KCScout

April 22, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Some of us would love to know. Come to the Amazon Dead Ever After forum and spoil those of us. You could start a new thread for ibook spoilers so if someone doesn’t want to know, they wouldn’t have to look.

• Kaycee

April 23, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Okidoki, see this link: http://www.amazon.com/Prologue-Chapter-1-SPOILERS/forum/FxFTJOHVZX8HP4/Tx3VGT0HOXHBW6E/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=193700788X

5. TeaAna

April 9, 2013 at 9:01 pm

OH MY GOODNESS!

I love this-I don’t care- I love it!
    I am so hyped and ready for this book.
    Really!?!?! The Devil!?!?!
    Soooo awesomely sweeeet!

6. Michelle

April 21, 2013 at 5:07 pm

OMG!! Amelia Broadways dad!!! How funny!!