VIDEO: Waiting Sucks – “Jason” {SPOILERS}

HBO rolled out the first “Waiting Sucks” video for True Blood season 6 today, giving us a sneak peek at the premiere episode.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead!

The brief clip shows Stephen Moyer in the director’s seat as Jason confronts Nora about Warlow’s whereabouts, presumably shortly after they’ve escaped from Authority HQ. As tensions rise, Sookie steps in.

1. esw45

April 22, 2013 at 2:08 pm

This clip shows what I have always liked about Sookie …..she treats everyone the same and Jason is always confused and saying and doing stupid things….good clip!

April 22, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I’m going to disagree with you Eric. After the way Jason has been treated by vampires, his rant about them brain-effing him all the time is very valid. In this instance, I don’t think Sookie was fair at all. In fact I’ll even go so far as to say that if my sister took sides with a virtual stranger against me, frankly I think I’d want to walk away from her forever and leave her to her choices. Sookie was wrong here.

Of course, this is only a clip and I still have to see the entire scene, but right now I think Sookie made a big mistake.

• esw45

April 22, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Liz, ypu make a valud point about being upset if my sister took up for a stranger over me and we know Nora was trying to glamour Jason about forgetting that she knows about Warlow but the question is why is she glamouring him? What does Nora know about Warlow? I look at like Sookie is protecting Nora because she is Eric’s vampire sister and she cares about Eric so she doesn’t want to see someone he cares about get killed by her brother

April 22, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Well that just makes Sookie’s decision worse! She’s going to defend a vampire who up until very recently, was a member of the Authority willing to take down even Eric for the love of Lilith!! Nope, sorry Eric. You cannot justify Sookie’s actions here. The better move would have been to advise Nora to turn around and walk away before her brother pulled the trigger, not to stand there in a face-off with her own flesh and blood (and only surviving family, I might add) and threaten that Jason will have to shoot her first. If I were Jason at that point, I’d go ahead and pull the trigger.

I’m a HUGE Sookie fan, but this one is completely wrong on her part.

• Sookieeleana

April 23, 2013 at 2:07 am

I can see both your points of view, but Liz do you think Sookie should have stood by and just watched Jason try to kill Nora (and possibly got killed himself in the process)? I think Sookie’s reaction is partly as she is relieved they all got out of the authority alive. She won’t want any more blood shed. She has just been through a really traumatic experience, seeing her ex-boyfriend turn into some kind of monster before her eyes. I’m sure she just wants everyone to get home safe?

April 23, 2013 at 8:51 am

Basing my opinion only on what this clip shows, which is not the whole picture here, I still have to ask why Sookie would defend a stranger over her own family, her own brother! Even if she didn’t want to see anyone get killed, it would have been better to tell Jason to put the gun down and calm down. She could have diffused the situation without turning on her brother. All she did here was show Jason who’s side she’s really on and it wasn’t his. I would think that because of all she’d just gone through, her brother would be the LAST person she’d want to alienate.

Nope sorry, still wrong.

• Sookieeleana

April 23, 2013 at 2:11 am

I should add that I’m not a Nora fan, and I half thought she might not get out of the authority. Hopefully she will tell them what they need to know about Warlow – I’m sure Eric will make her!

• truefan

June 17, 2013 at 2:37 pm

The ‘character” Jason IS kind of stupid as a rule, jumps to conclusions etc. and may be confusing his teacher (and what she did) with Vamps. Just a thought. it’s not about blood it’s about right and wrong here family or not. Family doesn’t always get a free pass on dumb things.

June 19, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Hopefully you’ve watched the premiere and have seen this whole scene in context. I don’t think Jason is as dumb as he once was, even though he doesn’t always articulate very well. And now that we’ve seen more, I still believe he’s right on this one. Sookie should have stood by her brother and he’s pretty sick of her not doing that. I hope we get to see a reconciliation between brother and sister in future episodes, don’t you? I like their heart-to-heart talks. 🙂

2. Brittany

April 23, 2013 at 9:44 am

I think Sookie was trying to make a point to Jason, not actually take Nora’s side. I think she was just trying to calm the situation down. A lot of people use that phrase,”You have to go through me first” as a saying to show that you standing behind something you think is important. In this case I believe it’s Eric and his feelings for Nora that Sookie is trying to defend. If Nora or Eric tried to hurt Jason, she would say the same thing. Seems to me that she is just trying to protect everyone. After last season and seeing how Eric and Jason were going back and forth calling each other names, I’m not 100% sure Eric would have stood by and allowed Jason to kill his sister, especially after everything he did to get her out of there. Personally, I would not want my husband to hurt my brother and I would not want my brother to hurt my husband. I would try to talk everyone down!

3. blomman

May 1, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Jason seem to be in some vampire truble this season … sookie seem to have some moral . And even if Nora will be able to glamor jason she cant glamor sookie and if i know sookie . She will do whatever it takes to get info about something that is importen to her . Looks like things might come in handy for the buddy devil eric this seasoon XD ( after watching waiting suckd eric )