SPOILERS: Casting Calls for True Blood 6.08 & 6.09

Production on True Blood season 6 is speeding along with producers casting roles for episodes 6.08 and 6.09. Remember that this season will only have 10 episodes, shortened to accommodate Anna Paquin’s maternity leave, so we’re talking end-of-season spoilery bits here.

Producers are casting a Funeral Director for episode 6.08, title unknown. Episode 6.07 is titled “The Funeral“, so is there a second service in the works? Or is the funeral from the previous episode a flashback prompted by a character remembering their past as they prepare for a funeral in the present?

True Blood episode 6.09 is titled “Life Matters”, which could have all manner of implications: someone is fighting for their life; the war between vampires and humans has reached a breaking point; someone struggling with grief/depression is contemplating suicide. Roles being cast for this episode include a Crazy Vampire, a Sickly Vampire, and a Male Vampire who is the sickly vampire’s progeny. How much you want to bet they’re products of Governor Burrell’s anti-vampire campaign?

True Blood season 6 premieres Sunday, June 16 at 9/8c on HBO.

1. Jana

May 3, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Perhaps the sickly vamp is a version of Appius Livius Ocella and his CRAZY progeny Alexei Romanov?

May 4, 2013 at 8:35 am

That’s what I was wondering, too. Since we’ve already met (and said goodbye to) Eric’s TV show maker, maybe this is how they’re going to incorporate Appius and Alexei. They’re such interesting (read: freaky) characters, I’d think the producers would want to get them on the show some how!

2. emax

May 14, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Ukk-
    Respectfully I hope not ….preferred Godric to Appius and Alexei…I would like to see them expand on the vampire blood “bad blood” condition mentioned in Season 1…the one where Sookie warned Bill? not to drink from the dude…read his mind… been a while since I’ve seen season 1 ……anyway…to me I would like to see them follow that up….don’t recall it being mentioned really again…would make for more of a “war” between humans if humans tried to spread this to kill off vampires…..or not…..

May 14, 2013 at 9:47 pm

You mean Hep D? Good memory! I’d be impressed if they called back to that!

• Toni

May 28, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Yeah that is a wonderful thought…..I also hope by the end of this season Sookie will have some kick butt fairy powers and finally embrace her inner fairy and realize who has truly stood by her side through all her strife

3. LouLou

June 17, 2013 at 5:35 am

I was thinking tonight after I saw the episode that it might be Jason that dies. The cast is saying a major cast member gets killed off, and Joe Manganiello said that when they had the table read, people cried & they ate red velvet cake. Correct me if I’m wrong, but red velvet cake is traditionally for a man, yes? And if it was a vamp, there wouldn’t be a funeral. Also, in the preview, it shows Jessica sobbing & Sookie stripping (a black sweater set – for a funeral?) & it looks like she’s in the Cemetery. Jason is all she has left, she would be crazy with grief over losing him. I know we’ve seen Luna’s body, but I just don’t think the funeral is Luna’s.
    What do y’all think?

June 17, 2013 at 7:37 am

I don’t know about red velvet cake traditionally being for a man – it’s not in my neck of the woods – but it is a tradition for when a character on the show departs. Whenever someone is killed off or leaves, they have a “farewell” red velvet cake at the table read.