True Blood Season 6 Poster Blurs the Lines

HBO just released a new poster for True Blood season 6 and, well, see for yourself:

True Blood season 6 key art

Creeeeeeeeepy! And this tag line, “No One Lives Forever”, is it giving anyone else the heebie jeebies?

Updated: I see in the comments that many of you are assuming this is Eric, thanks to that rumor that he meets the True Death in episode 6. Guess what? Skarsgard was on location filming episode 9 today (May 15). Like we said, Eric isn’t being killed off. (Notice all the boxes of Tru Blood to the left? Looks like someone got the factories up and running again.)

1. Dee

May 15, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Please say that isn’t Eric

May 15, 2013 at 2:45 pm

It looks like Billith to me.

• Jana

May 15, 2013 at 6:20 pm

I totally agree. It has his uberfangs.

2. Liz

May 15, 2013 at 2:43 pm

And now the song by Queen, “Who Wants to Live Forever” is stuck in my head. :-

3. BRRRGR

May 15, 2013 at 4:56 pm

He really looks like Eric… I guess they will kill him to end the show, since they are aware that he is by far the most popular character… But I don’t understand what they have on their minds to kill the No2 popular series of their channel (after Game of Thrones). True Blood can have at least 2 more seasons after season 6. There are too many good scripts to continue the series…

May 15, 2013 at 6:16 pm

They’re not killing Eric, and we’ve already been given hints that there will be a season 7.

4. Morin

May 15, 2013 at 5:26 pm

All The rumors and now this new poster. I really dont get why they would kill Eric.N…

5. Jana

May 15, 2013 at 6:24 pm

It is NOT Eric. That is Billith’s hair and fangs. Sheesh!

• TeaAna

May 15, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Hahahaha-
      I fel like posting something similar-
      It is THE MOST ridiculous rumor.
      🙂

Now, whether or not it is Billith- *shrugs* – Can’t tell in the face- Could just be a random?

6. April

May 15, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Eric isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. He’s too popular. They wouldn’t risk a move like that. At least not yet.

7. Zara

May 16, 2013 at 9:51 am

I truly fail to see why anyone would a) believe the ‘rumors’ that Eric was going to be killed off and b) would then also think this image is Eric. There is a definitive difference between Eric and Bill’s heads and if you look, not even closely, you’ll see it is Bill. Actually, it is more than likely a hired model who resembles Bill.

Anyway, like I said what stumps me the most is why anyone would think Eric is leaving. Just because an episode is called The Funeral doesn’t mean a thing. It could be ANYONE of the supporting cast, it could have nothing to do with a literal funeral. C’mon, this is True Blood. Giving us something that simple is just too… simple.

8. Vikingrl

May 17, 2013 at 1:53 pm

What about Warlow? Wasn’t it about episode 6 or so that they killed Roman?

9. Bethany

May 23, 2013 at 11:43 am

“Nobody Lives Forever” is interesting brain food. There is absolutely NO WAY that is Eric behind the red. I agree that the silhouette looks more like Billythe to me. I am also 100% positive that neither Bill nor Eric will be getting “killed off” this season. Bill may get separated from Lillyth however, allowing Lillyth and Warlow to be the ones that “don’t live forever”.

The people have not gotten to see the great Eric/Sookie love story. And many are still reeling from the ending of the series. This would be the worst possible year to try and get rid of any major characters and not expect viewership to drop significantly. Besides, I believe that all the main characters are signed on to do at least through season 7, and if they are smart will sign on until the end however long it goes. Any speculation about any main characters being involved in the “Nobody Lives Forever” tag line is just that. Because all other information points to THAT being about someone not directly involved in the main cast. Of course Lillyth and Warlow were not from the books, and really mean next to nothing to most fans. Other than making for some interesting viewing this season since it seems Quinn is not going to make an appearance as he should. And with the Queen dead and no Andre, there is absolutely zero chance that they could even touch on the book’s basic concept.

This is one thing I have always enjoyed about True Blood that I will miss. It is that little touch that tied the show and the spirit of the books together. I am interested to see how the big changes behind the scenes are going to play out on screen this season. But it does seem to appear that the trust CH put in AB may have been slightly dashed, as with each year that passes they hold less and less true to the spirit of the books. This doesn’t mean that I won’t be watching (and cheering or complaining) to see every little detail of every episode that will ever air of this show. Ok, I admit, they kill off Sookie, Eric, Bill, Pam, or Sam and I will stop watching altogether.