R.I.P. True Blood Season 6 Claims {SPOILER}

Speculation has run rampant about the fate of one of our favorite characters after the True Blood season 5 finale, and the question was answered in the first few minutes of the season 6 premiere. After shifting on live television, Luna is in a really bad way. Sam manages to get her and Emma out of Authority HQ before it catches on fire, but it’s too late for Luna. After extracting a promise from Sam to protect Emma, she succumbs to her illness and injuries and dies in Sam’s arms.

We’ll miss you, Luna.

RIP-luna

1. Grannie_4_7

June 17, 2013 at 9:37 am

I refuse to believe that Luna is dead. It is my fervent hope that Luna is not truly dead, but is in some sort of recuperative state and will show up later. PLEASE! Janina is one of my favorites!

2. JC

June 17, 2013 at 10:03 am

Kind of think that the *spoiler* tag is useless when you have a picture of Luna above it… none the less I am kind of sorry to see her go but given the previously stated fact that skin walkers die it was expected.

June 17, 2013 at 10:43 am

The {SPOILER} tag is there for Twitter & Facebook. If you’re coming to the site, we’re going to assume you already know or else want to be spoiled.

3. Tigerlily_swirl

June 17, 2013 at 11:59 am

I liked Luna and I am sadden that she died, but I must say that I was thinking that another major/main character would die later on in the season. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the only death of a major/main character this season. 🙁

4. Eva

June 17, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I am sad to see Luna go, I liked her and Sam together. However is that the main cast member death? I was hoping it would be “Billith” I don’t like that story line. I was hoping Lillith would consume him with power and drive him to the true death. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

5. John

June 17, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Since Emma saw her mother die can she skin walk also???

• Ty

June 18, 2013 at 9:55 am

No cause she’s a werewolf!!

June 18, 2013 at 11:18 am

Emma is half werewolf (Marcus), half shapeshifter (Luna), so it’s possible she’ll also be a skinwalker.

• lloyd

June 18, 2013 at 8:55 pm

if i remember right in order to be able to skinwalk you have to kill a shifter family member, so just seeing her mother die should’nt do it….but it is interesting to think what she can do since she is half were half shifter

June 19, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I believe Luna’s mother died as a result of Luna’s birth, which would inadvertently make her her mother’s killer. Horrible way to put it but I can’t think of any other.

June 18, 2013 at 11:23 am

But her mother was a shifter.

June 18, 2013 at 11:22 am

That will be interesting to see, John.

6. Heather

June 19, 2013 at 6:32 pm

I kind of have a feeling that Luna is not really dead. I think that the writers want to us to think that she is dead, or else why would the vampire that first approached her say, “Looks dead to me?” Maybe because she only “looks” dead?

7. Stacy

June 20, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Is that the main death they’ve been talking about? I’m so worried about bill and his fate. I hope it’s not him!!

June 20, 2013 at 12:12 pm

No, there’s another one coming mid-season.