True Blood Radio 207: The Sun

Vampires and faeries and weres, oh my! Humans Liz & Mel talk True Blood episode 6.02, “The Sun”, this week, highlighting the various storylines and recklessly speculating about what’s to come.

Things We Mentioned:

1. ChristieAtlanta

June 25, 2013 at 11:14 pm

1) Bill – can predict the future, all powerful, doesn’t care who he hurts, selfish agenda… For all the Once Upon a Time Fans…Bill has turned into Rumplestilskin. Rump-Bill!!!

2) I thought is was great how the writers defined Sookie in the ep…At the beginning of the ep “Sookie your just a waitress” to the end of the ep – “Sookie you are a fairy princess”!

3) Alcide…how can you do that to Sam? You are supposed to be FRIENDS! Not liking this mean Alcide – totally out of character for him.

4) Why are they adding ANOTHER love interest for Sookie? I can say ‘we the fans’ really don’t want that!

5) Favorite moment: Lala and Emma play dress up!

2. Dog2Prince

June 25, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Here’s a theory: Lilith, through Bill, is trying to make vampires the dominant species through her blood.

• Madeleine

June 26, 2013 at 12:19 am

Dominant as in ruling the world? I honestly don’t see the appeal. Think about it, humans don’t do well with oppression, they will fight back and they will keep fighting. Vampires are hopelessly outnumbered, creating new ones wich no control over themselves and no discipline doesn’t make much sense, and they would need food, right? If you decimate the human population you diminish your own food source.
      And even if Bill succeeds in synthesizing the ever so tasty bloodtype Sookie the real gotta taste better still. So, where’s the point in ruling over humans? It means more work, more fighting, less quality of life …. and they did have such a nice arrangement.

June 26, 2013 at 9:56 am

I’ve never understood characters whose ambition was to rule the world. Too much hassle.

• Jacqueline

June 26, 2013 at 11:43 am

I’d think the real reason behind it isn’t domination, it’s simply to day walk to save their species. As the General pointed out, humans own the day, vamps only have x hours. Ans with the war on, it makes sense. Sort of.

• toni

June 26, 2013 at 1:34 pm

that’s what Russell said and some Authority members also wanted.

• Madeleine

June 26, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Russell knew it was a myth, and I really don’t see how they could achieve it. Even draining a full-blooded faery like Claudine doesn’t work, the effect wears off. Bill experienced it first hand, so can that really be a goal?

3. Whitney

June 26, 2013 at 9:53 am

Hey anyone think that Lala is guna communicate with Luna? I think that’d be really cool and possibley help mend a rift between shifter and weres…

June 26, 2013 at 10:39 am

Yes, which is why we speculated about that in the podcast. 😉

• Whitney

June 26, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Really? I didn’t hear you say that specifically, great minds think alike 🙂

June 26, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Yep, we wondered if Janina would return to the show, perhaps via Lafayette.

4. Whitney

June 26, 2013 at 9:57 am

Also think Lilith is after the power to day walk which would tie Warlow with Sookie and he has yet to complete Liliths work. And the reason Bill will be trying to do the same… Hmmm

5. Jacqueline

June 26, 2013 at 11:03 am

Hello Ladies! I also thought it was a great episode. Here’s some random thoughts from my neck of the woods… I’m not feeling Ben, either. Could it be possible that Ben is Warlow? Out to seduce Sookie, and get a feel for her? Playing with her? I think Ben is somehow connected to him, if not actually him…

I really hope it isn’t Jessica who is the major departure. That might restore Bill’s humanity, but also? It’s looking like something major is coming Andy’s way and Bill’s great, great et. al 1/2 fey granddaughters that could bring him back around too, maybe?

I’m still thinking Sam or La La for the major death, though. I think Jessica is a smoke screen. They too have shared experiences with everyone… What episode is called funeral? Anyone remember?

• Madeleine

June 26, 2013 at 11:17 am

How can Ben be Warlow? Ben clearly is fae – he can read minds, walk around in broad daylight, sparkles when he touches another fae – and Warlow is a Vampire. And if Ben was in someway connected to Warlow : what could he want from Sookie if he already has a fae?

• Jacqueline

June 26, 2013 at 11:36 am

I’d think he’d want Sookie for offspring. Remember the contract called for the 1st fey bearing female? Just a random thought, there…

June 26, 2013 at 1:05 pm

“Fae bearing” in the case of the contract means “having faery powers”, not giving birth to a faery. However, by specifying that it was a “fae-bearing FEMALE”, that definitely suggests M. Warlow is looking to breed.

• debbie

June 26, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I thought about Ben being warlow too, but not really sure how that would work, so I’m leaning more towards him working for the queen. I’m going back to my original theory that niall and warlow are brothers (rutger hauer plays both roles) and maybe warlow started out as a fairy but was turned. This could explain why he’s obsessed with the Stackhouses.

June 26, 2013 at 11:26 am

Oh man, I forgot that the fae babies are related to Bill! I wonder what THAT means!

Episode 6.07 was titled “The Funeral”. We’re hearing rumors that it has been retitled “World Without End”, but don’t have it confirmed yet.

• Jacqueline

June 26, 2013 at 11:38 am

Yeppers! So if he can’t get it from Sookie…. I really hope they don’t go there, and maybe that’ll wake Bill up. Almost resorting to it rather than actually doing it, y’know? But, at the rate those kids are growing, they could be petulant teens next week…

• Jacqueline

June 26, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I’m not sure, but it can’t bode well for them. Bill will discover it eventually is my guess… so there’s that source for fae blood, not just Sookie. also, wasn’t it said that characters who’ve never really interacted before will this season? Oh! and Murella’s words to Andy? Something to the effect that it was his responsibility to see that 1/2 of them live to adulthood?

6. Jacqueline

June 26, 2013 at 11:40 am

I also wonder if they’ll ever reveal the reason for the contract in the 1st place? What was in it for ole Johnny Stackhouse?

• Madeleine

June 26, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I can’t help but wondering if Maurella and Niall are telling the truth about the contract … Claudine seemed nice and look where it got Sookie. We have a Queen and a King (apparently unrelated – or maybe not), so who’s knows how many fractions of fae there are and what their agenda is?
      And to breed fae you would need a male and a female (is that Ben’s purpose?), a human wouldn’t be suitable, the bloodline would be watered down further.