Recap 6.4 True Blood “At Last”

Willa: “Is it gonna hurt?”
Eric: “Not the way I do it.”

The Sookie developments were probably the most important part of the episode. But my favorite part was Eric turning someone, for only the second time in his extremely long life.

It’s no secret that I’m a vampire fancier, and that Eric is so my kind of bloodsucker. I loved everything about Eric turning Willa. She was in white like a bride, he was in black like Dracula, it was sexy and fun and he didn’t do it against her will or I would have hated it. Taking her back to Daddy was sad though, because I can just feel that Burrell won’t be overcoming his vampire bigotry any time soon, baby girl vamp or no baby girl vamp.

Willa told Eric she was a virgin. Or sort of a virgin. All I could think of was what happened to Jessica when she realized she was going to be a virgin again every time she had sex. Of course, Willa probably won’t live long enough for it to be a problem for her. Although maybe they’ll just take Willa to Camp Truman, where they just took Nora, Pam and Ginger. They’ll all be okay because Pam cannot be written out. So there. I have spoken.

Points to Sookie, and I don’t say that often enough. It was very cool that she figured out who and what Ben slash Warlow was, and that she set a trap for him. Of course, the audience was five steps ahead of her. Thank you, True Blood Powers That Be, for not expecting us to swallow Sookie instantly falling for Ben when we already have leading men like Eric, Bill, Alcide and Sam.

That said, I’m still not feeling Warlow as an effective villain. An ancient fairy vampire who can walk in the sunlight and defeat Niall should be scarier. Ben looks like a distant cousin you met and blew off at a family reunion. Where’s the menace? At least this episode made me realize that I would be absolutely furious if they killed Niall off already. I love Rutger Hauer as Niall. I love just looking at him in that costume, and with that hair. I hope that wasn’t the last we see of Niall this season.

I’m ready to say goodbye to Bill, though. Does anyone realize that Bill was victimizing his own great-great-great-granddaughters? I was not happy that Jessica lost control and drank the fairies Bellefleur, too. They can’t be dead. Andy may not have given them names, but he obviously cares about them. They’ve got to stop growing sometime, don’t they?

As usual with True Blood, there are too many separate storylines. Although, since Warlow can kill Lilith, I bet they’ll start intersecting soon.

Bits and pieces:

— I have practically nothing to say about the weres, except that it’s sad that they’re the bad guys now. Please tell me that Alcide won’t really turn against Sam. Please.

— Sam as a horse. That was fun. And I saw that Sam/Nicole thing coming.

— We also got Ginger screaming, not once but eight or nine times. Also fun.

— So was Pam and Eric sparring about who was the boss of Tara. Laugh out loud.

— Ben/Warlow can’t drink fairy blood. That’s interesting. Sort of makes sense. He’s clearly not susceptible to silver, either. Weren’t fairies in the books susceptible to iron?

— The fairies Bellefleur were so cute in Arlene’s trashy clothes.

— What happened to Steve Newlin? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quotes:

Nora: (to Niall) “Omifuck, you smell amazing.”

Burrell: “Watch the sky! That peckerwood’s gonna try to fly out.”
Eric is pretty far from anyone I’d imagine as a peckerwood. What’s a peckerwood?

Andy: “Come on, it’s time for bed anyhow, you ain’t slept since you were three.”

Jason: “That was my best Dirty Harry.”
Jason was fun in this one. Dreaming about Ben, doing amazing pull-ups, and also Dirty Harry.

I didn’t think I’d enjoy this season, but I’m still on board and this was a fun episode. What did y’all think?

Billie Doux

(Billie Doux and her friends review their favorite shows at Doux Reviews.)

I'm a hopeless sci-fi geek and huge fan of shows like True Blood, Lost, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I write episode reviews and articles about many of the shows that I love. All of my reviews are at DouxReviews.com

1. Jesse

July 7, 2013 at 11:36 pm

First off I feel really bad for Jessica and Andy 🙁

She tried so hard to keep the girls safe from Billith she couldn’t keep them safe from her. That said I did love her being at a loss regarding when they told her they didn’t even have names. I know the girls were just throw away characters but I would have liked at least one regular fairy character aside from Sookie.

And stupid Burrell and his goon squad making off with Pam before she can learn Eric sired another Vampire 🙁
    I was so looking forward to the fireworks…and Pam just needed rescuing by Eric and Tara last season too. And now Nora as well.

And pitting Sam against Acide is just a lose-lose scenario.

July 8, 2013 at 12:10 am

So the new producer got us an ancient Vampire-faery-hybrid …. too TVD for me. And I still don’t see why Lilith turned an abomination, and how.
      Now, was Sookie being brave and smart or is she just massively overestimating herself? I like that she’s taking action, but can she hope to defeat this hybrid thingy when her oh-so-powerful great-grandfather can’t? What do we call this thing anyway? Faeramp? Vampery? And he’s not even half-bad, so nice of him to heal Jason, spare Niall, in total I don’t get what’s so devilish about Berlow. Lowben?
      Weres suck, it’s official. Where’s Lala going to? What will happen to Merlotte’s?
      Poor Andy, it’s not looking good for 1,2,3 and 4. And can I just say : what the heck is wrong with Jessica? To aid Bill in abducting his off-spring?
      I still don’t see the point in synthesizing half-fae blood … that bottled stuff is going to achieve what Sookie’s blood (in abundance) couldn’t? Isn’t it more important to rebuild the factories? Shouldn’t Bill focus on that? His mission is to save all Vampires and right now they’re straving, doesn’t feeding them take precedence over cooking together some candy?
      Willa’s now a Vampire, and it looks as if Sarah Newlin will make sure daddy doesn’t forgive his little girl – I kind of want Willa to team up with Steve now. But was that a smart move to turn her?
      And now Pam’s been captured … Eric has to go and rescue her, and probably Willa and Newlin along with it.
      We got some answers – though not nearly enough for my taste – and it frustrates me to think I’ll have to wait a whole week to get some more bits and pieces.

• Jay

July 8, 2013 at 12:39 am

It seemed like Sarah Newlin may be pregnant?

July 8, 2013 at 8:32 am

The “old” producer set up the vampire/faerie thing last year; the “new” producer just executed the storyline. I love it. Lots of questions, but so very interesting! (Much more so than TVD, which I quit watching after Elena was turned.)

July 8, 2013 at 9:19 am

You sure Alan Ball wanted to go down the hybrid road like this? 😉
          Anyway, I’m hating this ton of questions, there is so much that doesn’t make sense to me, and I fear we won’t get all the answers.
          For example :
          – according to the vampire bible faeries are an abomination, why would Lilith turn one?
          – if she wanted her children to walk in the sun (and what other reason is there to create a hybrid?) why didn’t she make more?
          – how can Niall not have to slightest idea? After millennia of hunting Warlow he has no idea what Warlow is, who Lilith was? He encountered Warlow and is not even suspicious of Ben? And in all those centuries Warlow never bled?
          – how can a hybrid so powerful be banned by Claudine? When Niall is no match for Warlow? With all his power he couldn’t escape sooner?

And there’s lots of other stuff *sigh*

July 8, 2013 at 9:38 am

We’re not even halfway through the season; of course we’re full of questions! A narrative arc isn’t very good if it answers all of our questions in the first 1/3 of the story.

– Perhaps the Bible was written AFTER Lilith turned Warlow and realized what a mistake she made.
            – See above.
            – I think Niall had his suspicions but it wasn’t until Jason mentioned his dream that it all clicked.
            – I think Niall could have sent Warlow back to the other realm, as Claudine did, if Warlow hadn’t gotten the drop on him and Jason.

• Rina

July 8, 2013 at 11:07 pm

The vampire bible was written by vampires not by Lilith (just like the human bible was written by humans not God). Nobody knows why Lilith did what she did. Also Niall had never met Warlow before and didn’t know what he looked like. He was a kid when Warlow killed his parents. There is more to the story of how Sookie and Jason’s parents died than we learned last season. We need to be patient and not make assumptions.

2. Tracy

July 8, 2013 at 1:39 am

That was my thought, too, that she was about to announce she is pregnant. I am hoping that Eric can find some happiness with Willa.

3. r&bmom

July 8, 2013 at 6:14 am

Might be a long shot… but what if Warlow doesn’t want to kill Sookie? What if he wants to have children with her so that his progeny can be part of the royal line? That is why he is not coming off as all that bad. And not important at all, but why is Niall the only faery without a British accent? 🙂

July 8, 2013 at 6:39 am

“What if he wants to have children with her so that his progeny can be part of the royal line?”

He waited centuries for that? Why didn’t he capture one of the fullblooded fae from that bloodline a few hundred years ago? Or a halfling?

July 8, 2013 at 8:28 am

Remember the contract from last season? Sookie is the first “fae-bearing female” of Niall’s line. Warlow has been waiting for centuries for her.

July 8, 2013 at 8:55 am

So you think in all the centuries, in Niall’s presumably vast family there was not a single woman with the gift of light? It’s hard to believe, especially considering Andy’s four daughters all have it (or so I assume since they all can read thoughts).
          I mean, Niall has lived for thousands of years, he sure sired quite a lot of children, and it would appear all halflings have fae-powers.
          Maurella gave birth 72 times (? if I recall correctly) and fae seems to be prone to have more than one, right? And if Warlow just wanted a member of the royal bloodline to breed with why did he decimate Niall’s family to begin with and slim his own chances?

July 8, 2013 at 9:35 am

It’s show canon – the contract is being enforced because Sookie is the first fae-bearing female of her line. This was established last season.

• Jesse

July 8, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Well it wasn’t just any of Niall’s children either. The Contract was done by one of Niall’s sons and Sookie is the first female of that particular son’s lineage to qualify.

• Rina

July 8, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I don’t think Warlow intended to decimate Niall’s family. As he explained, he was just turned into a vampire and couldn’t control himself around fairies. Remember what happened with Jessica in this episode? Well, imagine a just made baby vamp surrounded by full-blooded fae. Warlow needed a fae-bearing female who was a direct descendant of the royal line. Niall was the last royal, and he had sons, who also had sons. Sookie is the first female with fairy light in the Stackhouse line. We don’t know why Warlow wants Sookie, but hopefully, we’ll find out.

• Rina

July 8, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Because Niall was the only one left in the royal bloodline, and he had sons. Warlow waited for centuries for a special female Halfling to be born. Frankly, we don’t know what Ben’s real intentions are towards Sookie, so I’m ready for anything at this point.

4. T

July 8, 2013 at 7:26 am

I thought last night was one of the best episodes in long time. Is there anyone hotter than Eric Northman?! I have a love/hate feeling toward Eric turning Willa. The scene itself was beautiful, and Willa is kind of adorable, but once Pam finds out, it’s giong to hurt, and Eric is already being awful to her lately. I think this is all leading up to Pam dying this season. 🙁 🙁 I loved Sookie in this episode. The idea of a half vamp/fae is very interesting. I’m lovin’ Billith which really suprises me! My heart broke for Jessica — she couldn’t help herself.

July 8, 2013 at 7:55 am

“Is there anyone hotter than Eric Northman?!”

I guess it’s a rhetoric question but I’m going to answer anyway : NO, of course not! 😉

But please, no predictions about Pam pssibly … I can’t get myself to write it. They cannot do that to me, us ….

July 8, 2013 at 8:33 am

Poor Jessica, but way to go Deborah Ann Woll! That was some stellar acting last night!

• Vampiremaniac

July 8, 2013 at 10:17 am

The turning scene was by far the best of its kind. I doubt if there is another better one out there, from any vampire movie or series. And there is no other actor that could portray an elder vampire like Alexander does. He has facial characteristics from another era. That’s why his role is fitting so well to him. Also, only him could have blood dripping from his mouth, making holes to his neck with crosses, growl with satisfaction showing those big fangs and still make you find him good looking and not scary, repulsive, monstrotious… Although, I didn’t like the fact that he made her to avenge her father. I would really like to keep her. As he said, being +1000 y.o vampire and have only one progeny is… Well, is! I would love to see Pam and Willa as sisters! 😛

• Amy

July 8, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Isn’t Willa dead? I would find it very odd that Sarah would have used an ordinary bullet.

July 9, 2013 at 10:31 am

Dead Vampires turn to goo … at least up until now they used to. I think it’s fair to assume that Sarah shot Willa in the back with one of the special bullets, not much else makes sense.

5. Delorise

July 8, 2013 at 9:38 am

Didn’t Niall pop into that same dimension thingy in Sookie’s bathroom and then pop right back out? I know he’s been weakened but couldn’t he do it again?

July 8, 2013 at 10:34 am

That was my first thought, Delorise. I can only assume Warlow doesn’t know that Niall has already been there and back.

• Rina

July 8, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Maybe he will find the way back. Rob Kazinsky did imply in an interview that Niall’s role this season isn’t over.

6. Madeleine

July 8, 2013 at 10:01 am

@Mel : I’m not expecting all the answers – just a few, or a hint, but so far to me (just personal opinion) much seems very contrary. Let’s say Lilith realized she made a mistake : why has Bill now the task to save vampires be providing them with a source enabling them to walk in the sun? Or, is he mistaken? See what I mean? Thinking it through, considering the implications only provides more questions.
    And : if Niall had a suspicion – why was he so chatty at the fae club? He seemed pretty trusting towards Ben to me, at that point.
    Regarding the contract : it was made with a Stackhouse, right? Bear with me for a sec, given the birthrate of fae, how fast they grow, don’t you think there’s more than one family with royal blood? I get it’s important for the arc for Sookie to be the only one, but it’s not really logical, is it?

July 8, 2013 at 10:30 am

Madeline, I think you need to go back and watch the parts of season 5 dealing with the contract and Sookie’s lineage. We are told very clearly that she is the first surviving fae-bearing female of her line since the contract was signed in 1702 (so only about 300 years ago).

Bill’s quest to synthesize fae blood is, I believe, an attempt to provide a better alternative than Tru Blood. He knows what fae blood can do for vampires, he thinks he has a source, so why not try? I don’t know that it’s Lilith’s will or command or whatever, but daywalking is well-established (pre-Lilith) as a sort of Holy Grail for vampires. I can’t blame Bill for trying, although I think he’s going to fail spectacularly.

Also, I feel like we’ve been getting a lot of answers, it’s just that they’re leading to more questions and bigger reveals, like a good narrative arc does.

July 8, 2013 at 11:05 am

I’m well aware of the contract, what I don’t get is : the time before the contract was even made Warlow – presumably – had an opportunity to get his hands on a fae-bearing female with royal blood – if breeding was his plan all along why didn’t he act on it a millennium ago? You see where I’m going? If breeding even is his intention, and that can be doubted as well if you keep in mind what he told Niall about the darkness and the light inside him battling “every second of his being.”
        Regarding Bill : Lilith gave him the order to save all vampires, right? He interprets it providing a new type of blood, agreed? Has he forgotten that Sookie’s blood only enabled him to walk in the sun for a few minutes? Those are the things I can’t square.
        Also, how can daywalking be pre-Lilith when she was the first vampire?
        Of course you are right, we are getting answers, wich lead us to more questions (or at least me). Maybe I’m just too impatient – since we only have ten episodes – or I’m just thinking in the wrong direction. And that is the reason for me always inquiring again, I just wanna know, and it’s very interesting to read your thoughts and those of others – so providing the opportunity to discuss all of this here is much appreciated 😉

July 8, 2013 at 11:38 am

Perhaps reading the interviews we’ve posted on our site from Rob Kazinsky will help answer some of your questions Madeleine. Also, Lauren Bowles tells us in a recent interview (also posted on our site) that the finale is going to blow up the whole show and set up next season. So all your questions will be answered if you will only be patient and wait until you’ve seen all ten episodes. I’m sure you’re asking all the same questions that all of us have.

July 8, 2013 at 11:52 am

I’m reading almost everything – before I forget : thanks for all the goodies! – the hard part is to find out what we can take for granted, what’s a half-truth and what’s a diversion 😉
            Sometimes I wish I hadn’t red an article, what Lauren said could imply we’ll have to wait a whole year for some of the answers – and waiting is sooo not my strong side ….

July 8, 2013 at 11:46 am

Yes, I see where you’re going. What I’m saying is that this is the reality that exists within the show. We can ask and “what if” ourselves to death, but for whatever reason, Warlow has NOT been successful in “getting his hands on” a fae-bearing female from Niall’s line thus far. The contract was an attempt to insure success, finally, but it took another 300 years for a fae-bearing female to be born. So now we see his story intertwined with Sookie’s.

Yes, Sookie’s VERY DILUTED fae blood only allowed vampires to walk in the sun briefly. If he can break down the half-faery blood and extract whatever it is that provides the daywalking abilities in stronger doses, in theory it could be boosted and manufactured for vampires. This is all theory and experimentation right now; that’s why Takahashi is there.

July 8, 2013 at 11:55 am

“but for whatever reason, Warlow has NOT been successful in “getting his hands on” a fae-bearing female from Niall’s line thus far”

Now we’re getting somewhere : it strikes me as odd that he hasn’t and : I wanna know this reason.
            Okay, I admit it, I’m impatient and overly curious *whistle*
            (just kidding, no disrespect)

• Jesse

July 8, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Warlow doesn’t have Niall’s entire line to work with. The Contract was with one of Niall’s sons. So the descendants of the rest of Niall’s sons and any daughters he has had don’t qualify for the contract. That is why Sookie is the important one.

• Rina

July 8, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Maybe the contract is the important part. This bargain had to be made voluntarily between Johnny Stackhouse and Warlow, or it won’t work for whatever it is that Warlow intends to do with Sookie.

• Rina

July 8, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Frankly, there should be more Stackhouses, period. Maybe someone had been preying on Sookie’s family for generations.

7. ChristieAtlanta

July 8, 2013 at 10:35 am

LOVED the episode wit the exception of the weres. Sad they made Alcide a jerk (why is that the one storyline character trait they had to keep from the book?!!) And I can totally do without the Governor Burrell storyline also. The interview they did with Robert Kaznisky that Mel and Liz posted answers a lot about who Warlow is. I still think it is going to take A LOT for the audience to start to like this guy with everything he has done. And I hope Sookie is still a fairy after she zaps him with her light ball in the next episode previews.

July 8, 2013 at 11:19 am

Perhaps it won’t be so hard for some to find a bit of sympathy for Warlow. Yes, he has orphaned Niall and killed a lot of fae, but think about how many humans Bill, Pam, Eric have killed, other characters dropped bodies occassionally as well, and they are still liked.
      Now, I don’t know what exactly Warlow wants Sookie for, but he would have an easier go without Jason, yet he spared him, even healed him. He spared Niall, too, for the second time. That he is apparently not able of killing children – unlike Burrell and his henchmen – makes him a lot more likeable.

8. Justlikeheavn

July 8, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I really loved how much action there was to move all of the plot points forward this ep!
    I sincerely hope that Alcide sees that he is no better than Marcus now.
    I also hope we get the details of Warlow’s creation…I mean, how could Lilith stop herself from draining a full fae? Also curious about the fae-pyre…he can daywalk, but doesn’t he still need some “rest” so he doesn’t get the bleeds?
    Hope the rest of the season has as much action and as many answers as we got this this ep.

• Jesse

July 8, 2013 at 7:11 pm

On the Alcide front, on the taking of Emma, you have to remember that Season 5 followed 4 by a couple of days and Season 6 picked up right where 5 ended.
      With that in mind remember that Martha has had a hellish two week stretch starting with the death of her son, followed by the mother of her granddaughter getting shot, followed by JD’s betrayal, followed by Edgington taking Emma, and recently capped off by the death of Luna.
      Now that her granddaughter has been orphaned of course she rushes out to get her and doesn’t let Sam, with whom she has had a rough two weeks with stand in the way.
      Parents and Grandparents aren’t know for thinking clearly and acting rational with their children are at risk. They are known for not thinking, acting irrationally, and generally making things worse.
      I have hopes that Alcide will get things under control, after all he sent the hotheads home to clean up the mess they made while he and his dad track Sam. (That said do note that his Dad never “bent knee” to Alcide as Packmaster so I am not sure how that will play out)

9. Tracy

July 8, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Am I the only one who is finding Pam more and more irritating? All they have her do now is be jealous and complain. It’s getting old and it’s upsetting because I really like(d) her character.

July 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I still like her. It wasn’t long since she’s been released by Eric, and she has a very testy child to take care of. To me she seems torn – between her feelings for her maker, her responsibility towards Tara, not to forget she’s now being hunted by humans and has lost everything. Her being so “whiny” is a symbol for how much has changed, her world is upside-down. And it is to be feared it will get worse, when she meets Willa, in the camp ….

July 8, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Interesting…those are exactly the same arguments I made in Tara’s defense a couple of seasons ago, and you called them bunk. 😉

July 8, 2013 at 1:02 pm

You know what? Appeared to me as I wrote it 😉
          I’m not sure if the circumstances can be compared 1:1 though, and I’m sure I never used the word “bunk”. Plus, both have a very different background, and yes, I admit it, I’m more indulgent with the characters I love and adore, but that’s only human, right?

• Jesse

July 8, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Pam’s confidence in Eric has been shaken quite a bit lately. Start with Sookie moving above Pam on the “Eric’s Favorite” list. Followed by Eric keeping confidence with Bill at the start of Season 5, an until now unknown Sister shows up out of the blue (maybe moving Pam down another notch on Eric’s list, or her just now realizing she was a notch lower all this time), then the loss of Fangtasia, and now Willa. Pam has reasons to complain.
      That said I would have preferred Tara to have been taken by the Governor’s hit squad instead of a replay of rescue Pam from last season. Tara rescued Pam last season, let Pam rescue Tara now…

10. Rebecca

July 8, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Really liked this episode, though I’ve been screaming “Ben is Warlow!” for about 1-2 weeks. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one. So Bill needs a daywalking solution, right? How about Sookie marches Warlow to Bill’s and says, “You looking for some daywalking blood!? Here, he’s got plenty!” I wonder if Warlow’s blood would structurally hold up to being synthesized better than Bellefleur fairy blood? Of course, since Warlow is
    part-Fae, Sookie’s supernova weapon may not work to get him over to Bill’s.

• Sheryl

July 9, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I thought the same thing! I think Warlow will be the answer to Bill’s daywalking issue. If the fairy blood is the anwer and Ben is half fairy and half vampire – wouldn’t that be the perfect blood to replicate?

11. blomman

July 8, 2013 at 1:10 pm

First love the ep , this season soo far have been awesome . Eric turning Willa was a beautifoul scene , and it made me wonder if the resun Eric turnd Willa was to be able to find the fezility they take the vampires who get cought ? Like the warllow / billit plot to , it seem to be like the bigest fairyscam in history thing . And i would love that 🙂 Soo far i think Warlow have been a dangures willan .. i think hi´s quite clever . To me it sem like he have been trying to get a relationship going and give Sookie a personal viev of him . And the fairy / vampire hybrid thing and the contract thing make me wonder if a vampire only can tun a fairy of Sookies fairybloodline ? Also cant wait to see Sookies reaction if / when she find out Eric have turn Willa and Pam and Eric kiss and make up a little .

12. Rebecca

July 8, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Actually, the supernova weapon could work to get Warlow to Bill’s. Niall said if Sookie uses it, she would be Fae no more. Warlow wouldn’t want his contract broken by her deploying the weapon and becoming fully human. And if Sookie did get Warlow over to Bill’s, would Lillith within Bill kick up a fuss, ala “You!” Lots to ponder there.

13. Kim

July 8, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Lovin’ the season so far, especially Eric’s turning Willa.

Also, Eric’s smarter than to think that he could send Willa back to human daddy and not want to drain every human there. He knows they are wild when first turned. I was under the impression that he wanted the governor to see how “normal” vamps are. Not, to have Willa attack her dad. That’s not good for the vamp cause.

Sad about Jessica and kudos to acting.

I think the portal in Sookie’s bathroom will come in play again.

Not looking forward to any torture scenes with Pam or Nora…:-(

July 8, 2013 at 2:08 pm

“However, I didn’t like that Sam I kissing Nicole, 3 days after Luna died in his arms.”

I think that will be the case with a lot of fans. Not to speak of the three friends Nicole just lost a few hours ago. But they’re both in desperate need for solace and comfort, they’re on the run from werewolves and have to fear the worst. I’m still hoping they both will realize it’s not the right time.

14. MB

July 8, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Last night’s episode was awesome, Sookie’s and Eric’s scenes stole the show. I had been expecting Ben to be Warlow, but there were still a lot of surprises in how it was all revealed. Why would he save Jason and Niall? And why is he trying to win Sookie’s heart, rather than just take what is “his”? I was kind of surprised to see that there were a few folks here who thought Willa and Eric would make a cute couple. She’s sweet, and I suppose her character echos some of sweet, naive Season One Sookie, but I didn’t think Eric was one tiny bit sexually attracted to Willa. He turned her – as a last resort – because he thought he had to, but I don’t think he got much more than carnal pleasure out of it. Thinking about what this Sookie/Ben-Warlow thing is all leading up to… wasn’t Sookie promised to Warlow? Doesn’t she belong to him? And what can Sookie do to avoid being possessed by him? I’m sure this is total wishful thinking, but I’m hoping that (similar to the books), Eric marries Sookie to keep her from being possessed by another vampire.

15. Amy

July 8, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I loved the episode and watched it twice last night! In other remarks people are assuming that Willa lives, it sure looked like she was dead to me after Sarah shot her. Unless she was stunned or tranquilized. I’m thinking if Willa has met the true death the Gov will be more dangerous to Eric and the rest of the vamps. Yes, he’ll blame Sarah a bit for shooting Willa but he’ll be even crazier with his hate of Eric and vamps.

July 8, 2013 at 7:24 pm

She was shot with the same type of weapon that Pam and Tara were shot with earlier this season, the silver bullet that emits UV light. It takes down a vamp until they can be hauled to the Vamp Camp for experimentation.

16. Sandra Louis White

July 8, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Wow- what an episode!!!

Was def wrong-holding out on the old “red herrring” principle of villian “ID”-ing even with like a million foreshadowing red flags in my face on the whole Ben is Warlow train, I wanted a nice guy for a change!..As if on this show…. So with that error in judgement established, we still don’t know his whole deal. He has shown mercy more than once on her behalf & honestly, when they pan close ups on the dude, he seems genuine on the Sookie front despite the big reveal. I am on board for seeing what is next. It’s a great plotline. Like the actor playing Warlow said, “give him a chance, his feelings for her are real & he didn’t lie about that”….So I shall simply hang in there because he is hot. As shallow as that is…lol…clearly, we gave craploads of latitude for Eric’s rotten deeds over the years so why are we all of sudden being so black & white on Ben without the whole story? Even if this Warlow did kill their parents, need to know why. The only query burning my brain now is why did Warlow/Ben not just read Sookie’s mind during the sexy dinner trap? Obviously, he can get in her head anytime & clearly she was stewing over why the silver didn’t work & when she would have had to concentrate mental energy to make that fireball behind him glow.

I am a little confused as to why he couldn’t sense that stuff. Any thoughts out there???

• Delorise

July 9, 2013 at 12:57 pm

“So I shall simply hang in there because he is hot.”
      LOL Sandra, totally with you there! It will be fascinating to learn more about Warlow. At first I didn’t even think about his point of view, I was just thinking “Eee-ville”! (Yes, like Ernest Borgnine on Spongebob.)
      I wondered about the telepathy too but I think it’s an unspoken fact that Sookie’s ability to shield her mind and control her powers has gotten stronger over the seasons. And perhaps Ben/Warlow is having to concentrate on shielding from her, too.

July 10, 2013 at 10:45 am

I think Benlow is just playing nice and stays out of Sookie’s head / doesn’t want to invade her privacy. Considering he doesn’t use brute force with her but instead created his Ben-alter-ego to get close to her that would make sense, wouldn’t it? More so if you think about him saving Jason when Sook was so worried for her bro.

• MB

July 10, 2013 at 1:35 pm

This is a great theory, I’m with you. As Ben-low said, his good side is constantly battling with his bad side. Sookie was promised to him long before she was born, I assume he has always intended to be with her and have little royal quarter-fae (??) babies with her. Perhaps he’s going to try it the nice way first, by trying to win Sookie’s heart. But if that doesn’t work (and I don’t think it will), he will resort to nastier methods. It will get really interesting once Bill (his maker-by-default?) and Ben-low get together and Bill learns of Ben-low’s plan to have Sookie. Will Bill help Ben-low, or destroy him? I’m curious to know what folks think about the other fae being wiped out. I can’t remember – were the fae drained, or just killed? Because if they were drained, I don’t think Ben-low could have done it since he couldn’t drink Niall’s fae blood. But if the fae were just killed, then it had to have been Ben-low that did it. I’m sure I’m just missing the obvious, or forgetting the specifics – can someone help enlighten me?

July 10, 2013 at 10:59 pm

“Will Bill help Ben-low, or destroy him?”

That’s a good question. Speculations are Billith will try to use Benlow as a source for his new blood type.
            Personally I don’t think Billith is strong enough to take Benlow down by force. Lillith blood doesn’t allow Bill to walk in the sun, Benlow is much older (and the rule “the older the Vampire the more powerful he is” still applies, doesn’t it?), and according to Nora’s interpretation of the Vampire bible Warlow is the only one who’s able to kill Lilith, since he is her progeny.

“I can’t remember – were the fae drained, or just killed?”

I can’t make out the cause of death, there was some blood on the floor of Hot Wings, including Warlow’s. Draining them isn’t the only way you can kill a fae (I suppose), but to tell from the scene from what the fae died seems impossible.
            And meanwhile I’m wondering if somebody else could’ve motive and opportunity.
            Warlow didn’t want to kill Niall, he drained him only to weaken him. Does he have a general dislike for fae blood? Or just for Niall’s? Could that have something to do with the speciality of creating this super-nova thingy? I seem to recall Niall saying that was exclusive to his lineage. IMHO there’s not enough to go on to came up with a theory.

July 11, 2013 at 10:48 am

“Personally I don’t think Billith is strong enough to take Benlow down by force.”
            Using your own words to argue this point: “Bill died and was reborn through Lilith’s blood”. That’s the big deal isn’t it? Why wouldn’t Bill be strong enough? The fact that he can’t walk in the daylight wouldn’t stop him, all he’d have to do is wait until nightfall. But being that Bill was reborn from Lilith’s blood, and Lilith turned Warlow, I think it would be an even match. Warlow is not much older that Lilith. Lilith is the older one.

• Sandra Louis White

July 10, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Thank you Delorise & Madeline for your thoughts on why Ben did not just read Sookie’s mind instead of getting blind-sided as he appears to have been at this cliffhanging point we left on. It really made me wonder whether anyone else noticed it but me as it seemed he could have pulled her plans to harm him out of her head from the get go.

I agree with your feedback that either she can block thoughts or he stayed out of her head because of respect & genuinely wanting to win her over with his best self. At any rate, I am dying to know where this all goes & yeah, call me crazy, but Warlow is pretty smokin’ hot so there’s gotta be something more to him before we just spend the rest of the season with another Marnie or Russell baddie tearing up scenery with little relating..I am holding out for redemption on this dude….& yes- if he looked like pre-makeover Warlow, wouldn’t be so sympathetic but thankfully we got this dude & he’s awesome despite the picky little detail that he’s also kind of a violent socio….oh well, nobody’s perfect. : )

17. Rina

July 8, 2013 at 11:37 pm

It was a fascinating episode. I was riveted to the screen–something I haven’t experienced with TB in a while. While not very funny, there was so much to savor. Thanks for the recap.

18. Rina

July 8, 2013 at 11:39 pm

I see nothing wrong with Sam and Nicole seeking solace and comfort in each other after their loved ones died. That’s not hooking up. That’s not about starting a new romance. That’s about feeling something other than pain.

19. vaddict76

July 10, 2013 at 4:18 am

I must be the only one who actually likes Ben/Warlow! I think deep down Sookie has feelings for him too. Afterall, she has a history of loving bad boy vamps. I want to see more action with Ben and Sookie. I also do not feel sorry for the little faery girls. I like the naughty Jessica and I do not think they are dead. Wouldn’t they shrivel up like the other faeries that were drained? I am enjoying the Bill and Jessica devious father-daughter thing. I still don’t think Luna is dead. I think she is being held at that anti-vamp camp…

July 10, 2013 at 8:24 am

I’m not sure about Sookie having feelings for Ben “deep down”…she just met him a couple of days ago and spent at least a full day knowing he was Warlow and believing he wanted to do wrong by her.