SPOILERS: Two Characters About to Bite the Dust?

In this week’s Inside Line at TVLine, Matt Mitovich adds fuel to the fires of our speculation about the rumored “major death” happening on True Blood mid-season (i.e. right about now).

I’m in desperate need of some True Blood spoilers, please give me anything you got! –Drew
This Sunday there are exceedingly disturbing goings-on between makers and progeny, and two more characters appear to be about to bite the dust — one of them willingly.

As we’ve debated which character would be saying adieu this season – someone who was around since the first season – a few of you have speculated that perhaps this person kills him or herself, or offers themselves up as a sacrifice to save others. This teaser certainly lends credence to that theory, but who could it be? Time for a poll!

[polldaddy poll=7243823]

1. Madeleine

July 11, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Wow, this doesn’t sound good. In the sypnosis for episode 6 Tara isn’t mentioned, but Eric is placed at the camp, probably to save Nora and Pam. He would take Tara with him, right? He needs every help he can get. Then again Pam isn’t mentioned in the sypnosis for episode 7, and Eric is forced to pledge his allegiance to Bill in order to save Nora. I don’t like what this could imply …..

• esw45

July 11, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I think pledging loyalty to Billith to save Nora, means betraying Sookie to make her come out of hiding so he can synthesize her blood ….which I don’t like either

• Jg6864

July 11, 2013 at 5:50 pm

The only “redeeming” thing is that Warlow is WAY older than the both of them and has fairie powers to boot. I don’t think either is a match for him when it comes to Sookie. Also Sookie can blast either of them and no longer be fae and of no use to them.

• Madeleine

July 11, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Your comment made me think of an interview with Rob Kazinsky, you know the “Ben is Sookie’s chance for true happiness” remark.
          I’m way ahead of any spoiler, but how awesome would it be if Niall returned, super-novaed the Vampire out of Warlow, after Warlow exorcized Lilith out of Bill? (just day-dreaming here)
          Sook would still be fae (Niall has to have some kind of actual use), Bill would be back to “normal”, and how things with Ben go – well, there would be time enough to explore that next season.

• Holle

July 12, 2013 at 12:33 am

If it is to happens, sorry sounds totally lame.. I prefer that HBO cancel the show..

• Tracy

July 18, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I think Lillith will definitely be exorcised out of Bill somehow, but I don’t know if it will be this season or not. I think it would be interesting to see it happen in the seventh (and hopefully) final season.

• Nessie

July 11, 2013 at 5:51 pm

I hope Eric doesn’t betray sookie otherwise it would be extremely predictable and annoying.

Also I think the disturbing scenes with progeny/maker will be do to warlow and Lilith didn’t one of liz & mel’s post in spoilers say the two characters would reconnect or something?

• Madeleine

July 11, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Sookie isn’t in hiding (last time we saw her), she’s at home, the home Eric signed over to her. He can’t enter without invitation, but Bill could, and he left freely when Sookie refused to go with him.
        If – and we don’t know that – Andy’s daughters are all dead Bill could start a second attempt to convince Sook, but it would be rather useless to send Eric when Bill himself can just go and take her.
        I think Bill will insist on Eric admitting that he (Bill) is Lilith’s progeny, maybe swear on the Vampire bible, and then sends him off with another task.

• LiaNorthman

July 11, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Sookie has been a major conflict between Eric and Bill since season one. If the theory that Bill wants to use Eric to recruit Sookie is correct, it would accomplish two things. One, Sookie would come willingly–maybe out of respect for their love (even though he’s denounced his feelings for her recently) he wants her to come of her own free will. Two, that Eric is capable of deceiving her to prove his loyalty and to save his progeny. I think it’s an entirely possible plot twist.

• Madeleine

July 11, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Sookie is thoroughly fed up with being used (and rightly so), I don’t see her coming willingly. And while Eric certainly is capable of deceit his feelings for Sookie are real, he truly loves her, he was willing to die for her, no, I don’t think he would now go and betray her (yet again). It’s possible, of course, but it seems unlikely (to me).

• ericsw45

July 12, 2013 at 12:38 am

I agree Madeline, I hope Eric wont betray her because he really does love her and would really hurt Sookie if he did that but with Billith holding Nora life over his head you never know what he might do….He is loyal to people he loves and he loves Sookie and Nora in different ways.

2. Aaron

July 12, 2013 at 10:52 am

This doesn’t sound good for Tara at all. What was the point of making her a vampire in the first place?! They should’ve just let her stay dead last season. Then again these are just assumptions but you know what they say when you assume…

3. LiaNorthman

July 12, 2013 at 11:37 am

Looking now, you’re right–I can understand that she would never come willing. My only concern is that, to save his sister and progeny, what is Eric really capable of? I’m not saying my previous theory is definite, but there’s no denying he and the rest of the vampires are going through desperate times. There’s no predicting what anyone might do, including the possibility of Eric betraying Sookie, despite his love for her. Think about it. Sure, it would piss Sookie off, probably to a massive degree, but she wouldn’t die, and it would save the vampire race.

• Madeleine

July 12, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Eric is most certainly capable of pretty much everything. So, I get your point and acknowledge the possibility.
      But right now the biggest threat is Pam and Nora being in Burrell’s camp, at his mercy. I don’t see how convincing Sookie to become Bill’s lab-rat is going to help free them. That’s more urgent than creating a new type of blood, or I think it will be to Eric.

4. Misty

July 12, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Perhaps one of them is Ben/Warlow being turned to a vamp in a flashback? Or Warlow killing Lillith? Based on the description of the episode I think that is one of them which would qualify. I just hope the other isn’t Lafayette since he’s been under used this season and that the wolf pack doesn’t go after him for info on Sam & Emma. I already do not like Alcide this season but that would be it for me.

5. Shara

July 15, 2013 at 7:14 pm

after watching the spoiler clip on HBOs website for next weeks episode i think Pam may give her life to save Eric. Eric is strong enough to get out of that camp and if you watch it he breaks a hole in the glass and looks at Steve Newlin as it was him who told them all that Pam and Eric were maker/progeny… but the hole is covered in blood. If Eric is still alive then that only leaves one person for that blood to have been 🙁

July 16, 2013 at 11:20 am

I don’t think she sacrifices herself for Eric. She’s mad at him!! He just told her he made another vampire, and when she finds out that it’s Willa she’s going to want to beat the tar out of him.

• Tracy

July 18, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Yeah, good luck with that, Pam. LOL When are we getting sassy and self confident Pam back?

6. Stacy

July 16, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Like everyone else, I’m thinking one of the two people saying bye-bye this coming Sunday’s episode is Tara. Has anyone else thought of either Terry or Arlene???? Especially since Terry asked a military buddy to kill him without notice. Maybe Arlene gets into the way of the path of the bullet.