Recap 6.5 True Blood “F**k the Pain Away”

Jessica: “I don’t know why God doesn’t strike me down right now. Except that maybe God is Bill.”

If there was a theme to this one (other than all of the gratuitous sex), it was daddy issues. Mostly bad daddy issues.

Sookie’s mysterious past was finally revealed: Daddy Stackhouse was trying to kill her because Warlow happened to drop by with a vampire/fairy prenup. I find it a bit hard to believe that Sookie’s father would be so cruel to his little girl, even with the fine example of Governor Burrell’s parenting skills right in front of me, but okay.

(I swear I was just thinking that there hadn’t been enough Lafayette this season, and suddenly there’s a séance. Maybe Lafayette shouldn’t do this kind of thing any more; it never works out well.)

It appears that the writers are going for us sympathizing with poor, victimized Warlow, what with the really, really wayback flashbacks and all, but it’s still not working for me. Yes, I get it, both Warlow and Sookie were rejected big time by their parents by something that absolutely wasn’t their fault, but that doesn’t mean they’re “meant to be”. Maybe I’m just missing the hottie, because Ben/Warlow still does absolutely nothing for me. I hope they’re not going to make Sookie an immortal fairy vampire by the end of the season. Please tell me that’s not where they’re going. Please?

At least now I get to talk about the good daddies. I loved Eric and Tara teaming up to infiltrate the Vamp Camp, and from his reaction, I bet Eric is planning to rescue not just Pam, but Willa as well. If he can. I don’t think Eric was expecting such a fatal level of concentration camp hi-jinks, though.

The last moment of the episode was Eric versus Pam. Pam told her new shrink (Pruitt Taylor Vince!) that her maker released her and now she cares nothing for him, but I absolutely do not believe it. Now, see, they’re going to get out of it somehow, and I will repeat the reason why — they cannot kill off Eric or Pam. The vampires are the reason I’m still watching this show.

Which brings me to poor Jessica, who did indeed kill three of the four fairies Bellefleur. Let me tell you how unhappy I am about this storyline. I think of Jessica as much like Caroline Forbes on The Vampire Diaries, a sweet and not at all evil vampire who accidentally killed someone when she had just been made and was out of control, but who would never do such a thing again and will always feel bad about it. I feel like they crossed a line by making Jessica a child killer, and I hate this.

Andy Bellefleur, who turned out to be a pretty good daddy too, knows who killed three of his fairy daughters. I cannot believe he won’t do anything about it, so I’m worried for Jessica.

Is it Jason to the rescue? I hope he’s in time.

Bits and pieces:

— Flashbacks to 3500 and 3496 B.C., which made me think of a certain character on Highlander. Of course, time in Faerie passes at a different rate, so maybe Warlow and Niall aren’t actually 5,500 years old?

— Jessica’s self-loathing and suicidal thoughts are similar to what Terry Bellefleur is going through. Terry just asked a Marine buddy, Justin the bad guy from Teen Wolf, to kill him. And Justin said yes.

— Bill being Bilith finally came in handy with Warlow. “As your maker, I command you.”

— Loved the set decoration in the Vamp Camp gen pop, especially the morgue drawers in the walls.

— I’m glad the devious Steve Newlin is still alive.

— There was practically nothing about the weres and shifters. Alcide was looking for Sam in the Unfriendly Possum Bar and Grill, which may be my favorite name for a bar, ever. We only got a moment of Sam and Nicole before Jackson stumbled over them.

— And still no one is talking about Bill being the great great great grandfather of those fairy girls.

Quotes:

Ben: “It’s our destiny to be together.”
Sookie: “Fuck destiny.”
I’m with Sookie on this one.

Sarah: “When a woman comes to you in black lingerie, you unwrap her!”
And Jason did exactly that, unsurprisingly. Burrell doesn’t seem that crazy about Sarah, though.

Jason: “You always seemed like a nice lady under the crazy and the hate.”

Jessica: “I always hated the fucking Book of Mark.”

Sarah: “My body is a temple and you have defied it with your vampire-loving pecker.”

Lafayette: “Listen up, dead folk!”
(I also loved “Stackhouses! Calm the fuck down!”)

Sarah: “Haven’t you seen Gladiator?”

I’m getting apprehensive about where this is going, and I’m worried about the vampires Northman. What did you guys think?

Billie Doux

(Billie Doux and her friends review their favorite shows at Doux Reviews.)

I'm a hopeless sci-fi geek and huge fan of shows like True Blood, Lost, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I write episode reviews and articles about many of the shows that I love. All of my reviews are at DouxReviews.com

1. Nikki

July 14, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Love the Warlow and Stackhouse twist. Definitely put him in a better light. When the hell is Bill going to do some rescuing? He seems to be immune to most vampire weapons.

July 14, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Bill realizes that his vampires have been captured in next week’s episode, so we should see him make a move then.

2. Phoenison

July 14, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Right! All Bill needs to do is show up. That’s all that he needs to do. All of those powers are being wasted. Just wasted. What is he doing? Why is he wasting time letting his poor young progeny feed on his great-great-great grandbabies? Come on, now…

July 14, 2013 at 11:02 pm

I’m not sure if showing up would suffice, one Billith against all the heavily-armed guards? Mind you he’s still affected by UV light, so Burrell’s special ammo would take him down. Probably not kill him, but weaken him to a point where he wouldn’t be able to help anybody.
      And he’s on a mission, has a higher purpose, what’s saving a few Vampires you know compared to saving them all? I still don’t see his plan working, even with Warlow being his lab-rat now. I’m waiting for him to break free once Bill has retired for the day, silver bars don’t harm Warlow, his faery powers should be enough to get out of the basement. He needs to, because somebody has to go and save Sookie. Wich could be the end of Lala …..

July 14, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Sookie may not need saving if Lafayette snaps out of his trance. Or if Sookie’s self-preserving fairy magic kicks in, that could snap Lafayette back to himself too.

July 14, 2013 at 11:46 pm

I hope you’re right, I don’t wanna see Lala go, but Sook’s in a very disadvantageous position there, held down, under water, no sight on her attacker and where to aim. And she has to be shocked about the revelation regarding her parents, that could throw her off balance, make her panic, and she needs to focus some to summon her power.

• vikingrl

July 16, 2013 at 3:09 pm

we are completely forgetting about Niall, Warlow let him live. The questions I have are: will Niall break thru the faerie portal in time to save Sookie, and did Warlow turn Niall into a vampire before sending him thru the portal….

July 16, 2013 at 7:44 pm

No he didn’t turn him, he merely drained him enough to weaken him so he was no threat to Warlow. Not that he would have been anyway, but perhaps Warlow didn’t want to fight Niall.

July 14, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Keep in mind that Bill doesn’t even know that Jessica is gone yet, or that Eric, Pam, and Tara have been taken. He finds out next week that the vision he had is coming true (see preview).

3. Eva

July 14, 2013 at 10:49 pm

This episode was a lot to take in but my favorite scene was Andy and Holly, very touching. I am with you Billie Ben/Warlow doesn’t do it for me. More Eric please ! Oh and Terry really? Again with this mishegas. I am sick of that story line leave well enough alone true blood writers.

• TX Lane

July 15, 2013 at 10:28 am

Eve, I agree with you about Ben/Warlow. He does absolutely nothing for me which bites big time because I think he is playing the conflicted fairy/vampire character pretty well but nothing holds a candle to the Viking. I think the Terry and Arlene story line is completing this season though, or at least I get that feeling. I feel that the writers had to bring it full circle to close it off. The last season seemed to wrap everything into a nice little package, but the abrupt end to Patrick didn’t seem to fit with Terry’s character. He feels things very deeply and with the turmoil from the war, I can imagine his emotional turmoil. I don’t know, just my opinion though

• Susanna

July 17, 2013 at 4:11 am

I agree with you TX Lane. The writers haven’t dealt with murder/justifiable homicide yet and Jessica’s and Terry’s angst are appropriate.

Also, nothing, absolutely nothing holds a candle to the Viking.

4. Delorise

July 14, 2013 at 11:18 pm

This episode has confused the heck out of me…. why are the vampires cooperating with the “games”? Why is Pam cooperating with the shrink? I know they’re under the threat of weapons and rewarded with food…. but I expected them to at least put up a little bit of a fight or be more resistant. Maybe that happens next week…it kinda looks like Eric gets a little bit scary when he’s peekaboo-ing Steve…
    And I must have a bit of a bad boy fetish… Ben/Warlow is starting to be more appealing since he showed his true colors…
    So sad for Andy. I was crying along with him and Holly. (Wouldn’t it be sweet if he named the remaining fairy girl Caroline?)

July 14, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Vampires are selfish by nature – Pam attested to that. And the goal is survival first of all. Burrell’s keeping them on a diet, just a tiny sip of Tru Blood, he let’s them starve, so they’re not strong enough to resist.

• r&bmom

July 15, 2013 at 5:38 am

I am thinking that Pam might die too. Next week’s preview has blood on the glass when Eric peeps through the hole at Steve. Could it be Pam’s blood? And Pam showed that she did care about humans, despite what she said, when she noticed her human blood donor was weakened. She said she was full and did not need anymore blood.

July 15, 2013 at 8:19 am

Are we sure that blood was on Eric’s side? There’s a hole through that one-way mirror, and Steve is afraid. To me that says Eric killed someone on the other side of the glass rather than kill Pam.

• Vampiremaniac

July 15, 2013 at 9:06 am

Yes, the blood is on Eric’s side. The glass is clear from the “observing side”. I am so teased now! But just as I said above, it was stupid to think that a safeglass can keep contained a millennium old vamp, especially when you give him a weapon… And I don’t think they have UV lights in the chamber! Or some mechanism to fill the chamber with silver oxide. Only those small windows where they shoot the vamps, and I guess Eric is fast enough to avoid bullets at will. I have seen draft work, but whoever built this camp should fall on his own stake… 😛

• Susanna

July 17, 2013 at 4:57 am

Perhaps the hole wasn’t a bullet hole but a hole where a 1,000 year old vampire propelled a stake and killed a human on the other side.

July 15, 2013 at 7:51 am

Don’t trust IMDb. Anyone can add info there and it’s not “locked” (i.e. confirmed) until after an episode airs.

5. Madeleine

July 14, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Okay, Bill just commanding Warlow to comply was a surprsie. Does this mean Bill’s not only reborn in Lilith’s blood and her prophet but also carrying her ‘essence’ (for lack of a better term) ?
    And another thing weirded me out : was the pregnant woman in Warlow’s first flashback his wife? Because, the boy she told to hide later – four years later – was about four years old, and his name was Niall, right? So, could Sookie’s faery grandpa be Warlow’s son? That’s why he didn’t kill the kid?
    What the heck is Eric doing? Allowing the SWAT to take him in? What good could that do? And he really counted on Burell changing his mind? I can not believe he’s so naive – the guy’s one-thousand years old, he should know better.
    Any idea’s who the female Vampire could be who addressed Tara and Jessica?
    Sarah has to get an award (worst-human-being-ever), this woman is unbelievable. Whenever it pleases her she f*** whatever comes her way, to turn around and get back on her high horse, judging, condemning, rotten to the core, somebody needs to off her. She the most despicable character on this show, but of course that’s just my point of view.
    Then there’s Terry, hiring a hit-man for himself – I don’t approve. That would be an awful way to kill him off, I hope Arlene is shrewd enough to figure out he’s in real bad shape and does something to prevent it.
    Poor Lala, even if this ends with him and Sook getting out of it unharmed (physically), how do you live with yourself after you attempted to kill your friend? Put’s him in the same position as Terry (in a way). After all he’s been through already.

July 14, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Someone else asked about Warlow being Niall’s father on Facebook, and I couldn’t figure out where that came from, so thanks for mentioning the pregnant woman. Based on their interaction – him asking her if it was almost time, her saying not long now – that seemed like an acquaintance conversation to me. And she didn’t greet him when he returned, like his parents did. So no, I don’t think that was Warlow’s wife and child.

Pretty sure the female vamp who talked to Tara and Jessica is Violet (casting news item). Took me a while to place her, but I do believe that Karolina Wydra.

Poor Terry. He is at the end of his rope. I don’t condone the arrangement he’s made – suicide is a selfish act even if you don’t physically pull the trigger – but I can understand his reasons. Just hoping he comes to his senses and seeks help before it’s too late.

July 14, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Yep, that’s Karolina Wydra. HBO just sent out another set of photos, one with her properly captioned.

July 15, 2013 at 12:13 am

Thanks for the name of the new female.
        Warlow being Niall’s dad – deliberate deception? The pregnant woman was with another guy (in the background) when Warlow returned, after four years it could’ve been her new hubby, reason enough not to storm over at once.
        But the same guy was lurking about close to them in the first flashback, that would support what you said.

• Delorise

July 14, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I don’t think that Niall is Warlow’s son because of how fast they mature. After four years that baby would have been fully grown, right?
      And I thought Eric’s reaction to Willa being in the camp was so sweet, it shows how important Eric believes family bonds should be. I think it might be the last straw, now Eric has tried everything he can think of before having to break bad and start killing humans.

July 14, 2013 at 11:57 pm

We don’t know what realm they were in (the fae), time passes differently in faery. Interesting though that he was an only child, unusual for fae.

• r&bmom

July 15, 2013 at 5:42 am

Since the fae were very attractive in these flashbacks (and not creepy looking trolls), makes me think they were NOT in fae. That would make sense. A vampire would not be in their realm.

July 15, 2013 at 7:47 am

Good point. Perhaps the Fae used to live in the human realm, then after vampires were made (e.g. Lilith the Original made Warlow) and discovered that Fae blood was like catnip, they retreated to the realm where we saw Queen Mab.

• kris

July 16, 2013 at 9:30 am

I don’t think Niall is Warlow’s son either. As he’s leaving to go get water, another guy is approaching the pregnant lady, and I was asked by close (male) friends on how the pregnancy was going when I was pregnant, it’s not an unheard of question from anyone but your spouse.

• Livml

July 19, 2013 at 2:51 pm

The woman was just his neighbor. Yes, she had a man next to her both times and it did just sound like friendly convo.

6. christieatlanta

July 14, 2013 at 11:22 pm

I love love love the show…here are my critiques for this episode. Not liking this reboot of Lillith 2.0. I really hope the old “Bill” shines through this character in the near future (next week’s preview seems to point to this) and eventually destroys Lillith somehow. Also not liking the fact that these new writers in charge are TOTALLY changing our beloved characters (Alcide as a jerk, Bill as a jerk, whiney Tara/Pam when they were kick hiney all other seasons, Eric yelling all the time at Pam/tara, Sookie’s dad trying to kill her, Jessica eating fae and feeling suicidal, Terry feeling sorry for himself, etc.). NOTE TO THE WRITERS: Do not change the essence of our beloved characters as a plot device! On the positive side, the Sookie

July 14, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I don’t see that the essence of the characters has changed that much. Alcide’s latent alpha male personality has come raging to the fore now that he’s Packmaster. Not sure I’d call Bill a “jerk” any more this season than I would in season 4 when he became King of Louisiana. He intends to protect his fellow vampires, and he’ll do so even at the expense of Sookie’s love (again, nothing new). I’ve defended Tara being “whiny” and “angry” for years, so…not new. Pam is deeply hurt, scared, and confused by Eric’s actions and the Governor’s laws, but she showed a lot of her old self in tonight’s episode while talking to the psychiatrist. Eric is yelling a lot, true, but that’s the Viking prince of old showing through. We’ve seen him take control before, like Bill, and not feel the need to explain himself to his underlings. Terry feeling sorry for himself/worried about his mental state – also not new. Now, the bit about Sookie’s father trying to kill her, THAT is new. And shocking. We’d better get more of that story next week!

July 15, 2013 at 12:03 am

The characters have changed (except Jason, still the same, not so bright but always there for the ladies). That’s life.
        It would be totally uninteresting if they wouldn’t, and unrealistic. Everything that happens has an impact on who you are, what choices you make, and, as I was told : “context is everything”.

July 15, 2013 at 12:16 am

Yes, they’ve changed based on their experiences, but at their “essence” they’re still pretty recognizable.

July 15, 2013 at 12:53 am

For the most part I would agree, but when I compare Bill with the person he was …… not much left of the original.

July 15, 2013 at 7:49 am

I still see a lot of “Bill” there, but yeah, he’s not really Bill any longer. Sookie said it point blank – “That’s not Bill.”

• Livml

July 19, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I agree with you about the bad character changes…. except for Tara! She looks the best she ever did. Her outfits are a little to Pam Jr for me but her hair is great and she is waaaay less annoying.

7. Trufan

July 14, 2013 at 11:37 pm

I love the new plot twist! This series split roads with the books 3 seasons ago.
    I’m actually very pleased with the Warlow twist. And Ben/Warlow has finally been made flesh — so to speak– and made for sookie apparently and quite genuinely and deservedly if its all going that way. What a power couple that would be! I adore Pam but its not looking good for her… Eric though is a born leader possibly for the next vampire authority like government? (Love Him!) I would love to know what sort of come uppance Bill is in for. Wouldn’t mind seeing those fairy girls be resurrected either poor things 🙁
    Either way someone HAS to save sookie… From her own kind! Imagine that theme! I may seem a bit harsh but someone needs to stake Sarah– and the reporter chick, done. Terry well, I guess all sorts of loose ends are going to be tied up soon. Kind of nice to think that Arlene could get a body count out of this too!

July 15, 2013 at 12:08 am

Agreed when it comes to Sarah Newlin.
      But the series didn’t split roads with the books only three seasons ago, the series was always different from the books, from seaon one on. Lala dies at the end of the first book, there’s no Jessica, because in the book Eric staked Longshadow.
      For me that was part of the appeal, a what-if version that was equally entertaining and going down paths I did nit expect, sometimes it’s nice to be surprised 😉

8. Jay

July 14, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I notice that Jessica has tended to make a big mistake nearly every season that has gone on to cause a lot of problems. It’s unfortunate that she killed three out of four of Andy’s children.

I’m enjoying this season and I think that tonight was a great episode.

• Elisha_Q

July 15, 2013 at 1:11 pm

The girls didn’t turn to dust like the other dead fairies so I think they are not dead. May be Bill will think of that and will turn them, to make them like Warlow.

July 15, 2013 at 2:10 pm

The girls were only half fae. That probably made the difference. One of the girls lived but the rest are dead.

• Toni

July 16, 2013 at 7:07 pm

That entire episode didn’t make sense to me. The writer tried to make sense of it on twitter and I was more confused trying to find out WTH she was talking about? I need to watch it again from what I gather is Eric got caught with the intention to save Pam. Benlow main focus is to turn Sookie but he hates being a vampire. Billith is his maker so now Sookie runs risk of Billith giving Benlow the maker command to turn her over, creepy. Sookie had a moment (typical Sookie drama queen) because she couldn’t wrap her mind around her parents were trying to save her from being turned instead of my mommy and daddy tried to kill me so the man that appeared in my life out of the blue and oh by the way I believe him when he says he loves me; but I’m not looking for a relationship killed my parents to save my life. When all Benlow had to do was glamour the parents or get Sookie to safety. Benlow got rid of Niall to alienate Sookie so she had to depend on him and glamoured Jason to forget who he is. LaLa says Sookie always find the good in people but I have never recalled Sookie finding any good in Eric until he had amnesia so does that count,he wasn’t himself? Jessica is nerve wrecking pain in the butt that crying as much as she does should be a crime. Tara is still a hot mess so she is no longer a danger to herself but Eric and Pam because she doesn’t know how to listen. Eric made a new vampire Willa? Whatever the reason back fired because now he feels he has to save her. Pam is upset because she is no longer the queen B in Eric’s life so she is doing exactly what she was afraid Sookie was doing endangering Eric’s life, I miss snarky Pam insecure Pam is not cute. Where is Nora? I though Niall was tough and if in fact he is related to Warlow in some way in breeding should be a crime. Why wasn’t Sookie in the car when her parents were killed? The flash back had a band aid. Sookie need more powers. I thought Hadley was the first fae bearing woman, she had Hunter? I’m happy for a season 7 but it’s more to this than being showed right now. I think whatever Eric and Sookie did in the cubby when blood was exchanged was sort of a fairy bond and at that moment she chose her mate, unbeknownst to her. I think she and Eric are the fated to save the supernatural race which in turn they are going to have to team up to get rid of Billith and Benlow.

9. Elena

July 15, 2013 at 12:17 am

Here is crazy guess – what if Warlow can’t have/marry Sookie because of her “blood bond” with Erik from season 4!

July 15, 2013 at 7:53 am

Interesting, but I don’t think the blood bond is still in effect. It’s been a few weeks since she had his blood, and he hers, so I’m pretty sure that’s worn off now.

July 15, 2013 at 8:07 am

Does the bond wear of completely? When Eric offered Sookie money to move she refused and pointed out Bill had the means to find her anyway since she had his blood, that was even earlier.

July 15, 2013 at 8:17 am

I think it does wear off eventually, but she’d had far more of Bill’s blood than Eric’s. (BTW, I’m trying not to gag over here. 😛 ) Remember, Bill felt WARLOW’s distress in last night’s episode, not Sookie’s. Although, with Sookie in real danger now, we ought to get an answer about who still feels a bond, if anyone does.

July 15, 2013 at 10:24 am

Sookie wasn’t distressed, she was well pissed. And Warlow was hurt, physically. Since he is Billith’s progeny that had to attract Bill’s attention. Plus, we don’t know if Bill would even care if he would feel Sook in distress.

• TX Lane

July 15, 2013 at 10:44 am

I agree with Madeleine. When Sookie zapped Ben/Warlow, Bill felt it and sensed his, I guess, “progeny” technically speaking. As for Sookie’s bond, Bill no longer will feel it or care since she is “dead to him”. Eric is in the camp so there’s really nothing he can do I guess…so she may be on her own

• blomman

July 16, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I still belive Eric and Bill can feel Sookie but the V effects of dream ect have faded . Eric feelt Sookies fear when hi killed Russell . And another thing in season 5 , when Bill glamoured Sookie and Eric Alicde i notist that the monent Eric taped hi´s head with hi´s finger , Sookie stoped talking and looked directly at Eric liked he had taped her head . In the books it have been similar . Anyway i think Bill wouldent come to her rescue if it wasent for lillith and Eric was captured and most defently try to let her to be the girl in the white dress ( my belive )

• vikingrl

July 16, 2013 at 3:32 pm

what is also interesting is the prophecy, that only Lillith’s progeny can kill Lillith, so does that mean only Warlow can kill Bill?

• Toni

July 16, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I think somehow it’s going to play an intricate role in saving Sookie’s life. I think in fairy terms she chose her mate unbeknownst to her and Eric? I also think Eric closed off his side of the bond to give Sookie the normalcy she wanted. In Episode 1 she said she felt Bill die, so maybe she can’t since him but he can still sense her. He has Benlow on tap and if Bill can outsmart Salome Benlow is going to have a heck of a time outsmarting Bill, and the plotsky thickens.

10. esw45

July 15, 2013 at 1:23 am

I feel sorry for Warlow but I don’t like him and no he is not destined to be with Sookie he should have never went to her parents showed himself to be a vampire that would scare an average person let alone her parents during that time before vampires had shown themselves back then…..Sookie’s father obviously overreacted by trying to kill her but Warlow didn’t need to kill them but he kills a lot of people he doesn’t need to….and he might kill Lafayette as well next episode……Eric and Pam will find a way to get out of the camp

11. truebieee

July 15, 2013 at 3:32 am

Anyone else notice (it appeared) that Jessica zapped that vampire guy with what looked like faerie light? It was a real quick scene, but if you go back in the preview for next weeks episode, you see the guy get hit in the chest with a blue light, then it shows Jessica holding up her hands in front of her face, looking confused/scared.

It may sound like an exaggerated thought, but what if Jessica is the one who is suppose to stop Bill? When Nora read from the Vampire Bible, it talked about the progeny leading Lillith to the sun, so Nora presumed Warlow.

However, Lillith wasn’t “led” to the sun (though I know that’s a minor detail) it’s mostly Bill we’re dealing with, who Lillith is simply a part of. And Jessica is the progeny of Bill. If Jessica was able to have temporary fae abilities from draining 4 faeries, the the passage could apply to her as well in the current situation.

I was also thinking this because, tbh, I was surprised the writers had Jessica kill 3 of Andy’s girls. I didn’t understand why they would do something so drastic, but if my guess is right, then it could all make sense as to why they put then into the plot.

Just some guesses to consider…

July 15, 2013 at 4:18 am

“Anyone else notice (it appeared) that Jessica zapped that vampire guy with what looked like faerie light?”

You mean in the round room in the camp? I figured that was UV light, there was a guard on the protrusion above them, looked like they were supposed to do something and that was the punishment for not cooperating.

• r&bmom

July 15, 2013 at 5:46 am

I think they got zapped with UV light. Because Jesicca is so full of fairy blood, it doesn’t have any affect on her.

• Livml

July 19, 2013 at 3:05 pm

oooh Your Jessica theory makes sense to me!!

12. r&bmom

July 15, 2013 at 5:47 am

I couldn’t believe the number of f-bombs dropped in this episode!! Then I remembered the title of episode!! 😉

13. Vampiremaniac

July 15, 2013 at 8:32 am

Okay… This episode confused me so much!
    1)So Eric sent Willa to his father hoping that she will attack him to show him that they can’t help what they are?! Man, that was one stupid thing! Should commanded here to behave. Only this way Truman could see that there is a better way for the vamps if TB factories resume their production. Even I could see that Truman is a ruthless man. Why Eric was so surprised that Truman sent his daughter to the camp? What did you understand that happened, what was Eric’s plan? Because I am confused.

2)I really don’t like this Eric VS Pam fight. Eric is 10X Pam’s age but it is so rare for the maker to kill his/her prodgeny. It is usually the other way around. From the teaser for 5X06 we can see Eric looking inside a hole at the glass which is covered with blood. He just staked Pam and now he will be furious with Truman who actually got his revenge for his daughter? And hasn’t Steve mentioned that Eric is a millennium years old? I can’t see how a safeglass could hold him…

3) Truman is saying to his daughter that he will find a cure… I hope they do. This could be a real twist.

4) Pam with the shrink!?! Priceless!

5) Why Warlow killed Sookie’s parents disguised with that ridiculous beard and that clothes if he revealed himself to them previously, dah!

6) Why Sookie didn’t zap possessed Lala?

7) The intelligence test they did to the vamps was so funny, i want to play it too with paintballs! 😀

July 15, 2013 at 10:44 am

“So Eric sent Willa to his father hoping that she will attack him to show him that they can’t help what they are?! ”

No (not if we take his word for it). Eric said to Willa after he turned her he took her life because her dad took so many lifes of Vampires. He send her back with the instruction to prove to her father that Vampires are not monsters and have been human once. He let her feed before sending her off, he could not possibly have foreseen Burrell was bleeding. And it’s not wrong to assume a father would have mercy with his own child. Only proves who the real monster is. Like so many parents in the real world, who can’t accept their children for what they are and cast them out, regardless of the consequences their own flesh and blood will have to endure.

• Captain America

July 20, 2013 at 1:31 am

“Only proves who the real monster is. Like so many parents in the real world, who can’t accept their children for what they are and cast them out, regardless of the consequences their own flesh and blood will have to endure.”

Are you serious? Did you miss the part where she tried to eat him? What kind of household do you come from where a child cannibalizing their father is acceptable, and a parent not tolerating their kid trying to kill them is an intolerant monster? Do you consider the parents of the Menendez brothers to be the picture of tolerance, then, given that their kids killed them?

July 21, 2013 at 11:47 am

Captain America, you’ll want to watch how you word your replies to others on this site. There’s never a need for personal attacks. Once more and you will be blocked.

• Traci West

July 16, 2013 at 1:02 pm

When it comes to the TruBlood factory, I’ll bet the product is tainted in some way, so that any vampire who drinks it dies or is seriously injured.

• Livml

July 19, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Very good point, maybe it has silver in it

• blomman

July 16, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Maybe the resun Eric looked suprised was becaus willa had said that she was dadys little girl ? I agre with madeleine . If we take hi´s Word for it .But like you i think hi had a bigger plan than that . Now he could command her and feel where she is . Must say Eric and Tara found the fecility very easy . If it was Tara or Eric we dont know yet . Hopfully we will .

July 16, 2013 at 3:49 pm

They didn’t find the facility, they were taken there. Eric and Tara surrendered.

July 16, 2013 at 7:47 pm

No they weren’t taken there. Blomman’s right, they somehow found the facility and then walked right in among the guards, giving themselves up. I can’t remember but did Willa tell Eric where it was?

July 16, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Willa said she didn’t know where it was, so technically …
            Help me out, Tara rushed to Eric, they vamp-speeded away and came to hold on a road, and I was sure they surrendered to those SWAT teams patrolling. What did I miss? Was the facility in the background?

July 17, 2013 at 5:02 am

Darn, that’s prone to be misunderstood. Let me rephrase that : I didn’t see an actual buidling, just a road block (State Troopers and SWAT), searching a vehicle at a narrow point of the road, behind it a bit a fence. That could’ve been anywhere (imho). I was under the impression they were making sure no Vampires would break the curfew (one of the SWAT team said that), and at a secure facility I would expect a booth with a bar (something sturdy and permanent), not a “make-shift” road block with saw-horses. I also wondered why the SWAT would blindfold Eric and Tara. If they already know where this facility is, what’s left to obscure?

• blomman

July 17, 2013 at 7:57 am

I´m sure the facility was in the background behind a big fence . And as far as the human gards go they dident know the vampires did know about the lokation of the facility and maybe it´s a rutine the gards have to prevent the vampires from lokating the place and protect them self ? Let´s hope we will lern more about how they work , compered to the athority last season the facility rocks 🙂 .

July 17, 2013 at 9:57 am

I couldn’t make out anything behind the fence. But let’s say it was the camp, that would mean the Vampires already have located the place where it was build, they’re there. And inside the blindfold came off, so the faces of the gurads were recognisable, not much of a protection. So, why bother in the first place?

14. T

July 15, 2013 at 8:49 am

I’m loving this season.
    The scenes at the Vamp Camp were very funny. Eric being a bada&& and Pam back to her normal snarky self. I really think it’ll be Pam that dies. 🙁 However, I dont think Eric will be the one to kill her. My guess is that she’s shot through the glass by the humans, becasue it looked awful bloody, and Eric appeared to be looking through a bullethole. I hope I’m wrong.

I can’t decide how I feel about Ben/Warlow.
    Billith is scary evil.
    I love Jessica and Jason together, and I thought it was very sweet that she went to him for help.
    Andy with his daughters was very sad.
    Haha I liked the little jab Lala made about Sookie never being at work.

15. vaddict76

July 15, 2013 at 9:35 am

I must be the only one who loves the Ben/Warlow character. He is a great choice for Sookie. He has the fae and the vampire she is always so attracted to. I loved the flashbacks of Ben with the long hair. Hot! It was also about time we see Jason unclothed again but yuk, crazy Sarah Newlin. I also seem to be in the minority with liking the evil Jessica/ Bill team. If the other fairy girls are dead, why didn’t they shrivel up like the other fairies. Maybe because they are halflings. I love saying halflings it reminds me of the orcs saying it in LOTR. I agree with others, why didn’t Sookie zap Lafayette?

• Jesse

July 15, 2013 at 1:23 pm

You aren’t the only one that likes the Warlow character but I don’t like Evil Jessica at all. I hope Jason or Tara tell Andy about the “As your maker I command you” bit and drop the blame in Billith’s lap.

16. Jay Sebastian

July 15, 2013 at 10:22 am

What are the odds? After this episode aired, I flipped channels and saw “Talladega Nights” was on. There was a cut scene to an exterior shot of a bar – “The Unfriendly Possum!” The EXACT SAME bar! I thought I accidentally flipped to a rerun of True Blood, but then the scene cut to Ricky Bobby inside playing a video game and drinking beer.

Seriously – the odds of seeing the bar in both shows, just by randomly flipping the channel….astronomical.

I bet the writer or someone else on staff was paying homage or something. 🙂

• r&bmom

July 16, 2013 at 5:40 am

Great coincidence! Go buy a lottery ticket!! 😀

17. christieatlanta

July 15, 2013 at 10:33 am

Is anyone else totally confused about what exactly Billith is? Is he a reborn and/or possessed by Lillith in Bill’s body? Was it Bill talking when he told Warlow “As your maker I command you…” OR was it Lillith taking over Bill’s body? Or, even though it looks like Bill, is that even Bill’s real body (since it was melted in the goo in the last ep of last season) – or is it really Lillith’s body that looks like Bill? And the big question is: can Lillith be killed and Bill stay alive?

• SouthernGirl306

July 16, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I think Bill is still in there BUT when Warlow spoke to Billith it was as if he was talking to Lillith because he said “I wish you had stayed dead” or something like that…

• MB

July 17, 2013 at 7:44 am

Wow, interesting thought – just made me wonder if maybe it was Ben-low who killed Lillith, way back when.

July 17, 2013 at 10:15 am

He did kill her, they showed that in the episode. He blasted a hole in the roof of the cave where she was sleeping and let the sun burn her.

• MB

July 19, 2013 at 7:49 am

LOL – I guess I need to go back and watch it again! Thanks

July 19, 2013 at 1:53 pm

LOL – you’re so funny! You need to become one with your television during True Blood. 😀

18. Jules

July 15, 2013 at 11:10 am

Lots of questions remain from this episode. I don’t know if anyone has addressed this one yet, (if so, sorry didnt catch it). How was Sarah able to rescind Jessica’s invitation to Jason’s house??It’s not her house.. unless she is now impregnated with Jason’s child, (that could stake claim). Or did I miss a governor trick/change to the rule book ?

• Jesse

July 15, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I am wondering about that myself. Could have been some sort of quick Seizure of Jason’s house?

• TX Lane

July 15, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I was wondering about that myself. Unless the act of rescission depends on any guest of the owner of the house? I remember Tara inviting Franklin into Sookie’s house so maybe rescinding the invitation works the same way?

• Mike

July 16, 2013 at 8:19 am

I had been wondering about Sarah rescinding Jessica myself. I wonder if it goes all the way back to when Jason joined the Fellowship of the Sun. Maybe he had to sign over his house as part of joining the cult?

July 16, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Sarah shouldn’t be able to rescind the invitation, plain and simply. In season one Bill told Sookie “someone who lives here has to invite me in.” Some should apply for rescinding.
      But it’s not the first time they break this rule, when Russell went for Sookie it was Cooter who invited him into Alcide’s apartment.

• Jules

July 16, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Possibly an error, just like Eric not knowing Something happened to Willa- he appeared surprised to find out she was there, ( she was shot-he should’ve felt that. ) I’m still going with Sarah might be pregnant by Jason. After all, she tried to convince the governor to have a baby before she showed up at Jason’s door.

July 19, 2013 at 7:11 am

Not even Jason’s little swimmers are that fast, and pregnant or not she doesn’t live in his house. These “errors” pile up, just think about how fast the SWAT team arrived. Sarah was asleep when Jessica banged on the door, and three minutes later there’s a whole bunch of them outside.

• Livml

July 19, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Yes! I thought I was the only one seeing these errors. There are a lot of rules that go with these supes and theyre not sticking to them.

The whole Fae thing makes me crazy. NONE of it makes sense to me. Sookie isnt really a halfling cause it’s her grandfather who is fae. And he probably wasnt very “pure” either.

Andy’s kids grow rapidly but they are the only fae that we’ve seen do that. Plus their crazy birth. Kinda hard to disguise their kind if thats how its been for thousands of years. Plus why didnt they zap Jessica with their light the min she bit the first girl???!!

What about that male fae at the vampire hotel a few seasons back….how come no vamp thought he smelled “amazing”?

Why and how did Ben look so different with the beard etc?

19. laney

July 15, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I’m wondering if they will throw Nora into the gladiator ring with Eric and Pam. She was a no show in last night’s episode and I think she may be the vampire who is killed off this season. If it’s not her then I think it could be Jessica.
    I am not hating Sookie with Warlow. I would much rather see her with Eric but I’m open minded to see where this goes.

• jesse

July 15, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Everything I have heard about the big death wasn’t that is was going to necessarily be a vampire, but a member of the cast that has been around since season one. That would put Nora out of the running since she just arrived last season. On the other hand that isn’t to say Nora is safe by any means.

• blomman

July 16, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Maybe Terry is the big death ? last ep give a big hint about that .

• Traci West

July 18, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I’m not so sure; the people who make True Blood love to mislead the viewers, and Terry’s assassination scenario is too blatantly obvious. If I had to guess, I would say the most likely candidates would be Tara, Lafayette, or Sam. Sam makes the most sense; he pissed off a pack of werewolves by taking Emma, and they will probably beat the living crap out of him.

20. Vampiremaniac

July 15, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Ah, another important thing is how Warlow couldn’t smell that Sookie was inside the back of the car but he was so attracted by a patch on the back seats of the car. And why he was “aaahh, it smells so good!”… Maybe Warlow is the alter ego of Ben? His evil side? He has double personality? And why he got that ridiculous disguise with the beard and the hat to kill her parents?! So many questions…

21. Rina

July 15, 2013 at 5:17 pm

I thought this was a very interesting and entertaining episode. Where is your enthusiasm, Billy? Oh, and the flashbacks were not in Fairy. They were on Earth. Fae used to live alongside humanity once upon a time–before vampires drove them to another dimension.

• BillieDoux

July 15, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I know that the flashbacks didn’t take place in Faerie, but Niall and Warlow probably spent a good portion of their lives there.

Yes, I’m a bit down about True Blood lately. It is what it is.

And my name is Billie.

22. ottilie

July 15, 2013 at 10:02 pm

not that we need to apply logic, but how was Sarah Newlin able to rescind the invitation for Jessica to Jason’s house? You’d also think that some of the captive vampires could quickly run away, but maybe fast speed is a power that only some of them have, or they were disabled by the new technology.
    I like that they made Warlow’s tribe pre-arabic. It matches how many people envision Godric as a tribal person from the pre-roman era in the middle east.

23. Traci West

July 16, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Rob Kazinsky (Warlow) said in a recent interview that Warlow has been hunted by fae, vampires and humans for thousands of years. He was turned over 5,000 years ago, and made the marriage contract with John Stackhouse 300 years ago. If Warlow’s existence has been so unbearable, as he told Bill/Lilith, then why, in the past 4,700 years, didn’t he simply allow these enemies to kill him and put him out of his misery? Also, doesn’t he realize that if he turns Sookie, that he will consign her to the same hell he’s been living for thousands of years? That doing so makes him no better than Lilith? That’s not love; it’s selfishness!

July 16, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Or it’s a lonely Warlow wanting a family. Wanting a bit of the normal life, or as close as he can ever get to it. Wanting what Lilith took from him all those years ago.

And do we know if Warlow can be killed? Maybe he can’t! His fae and vampire blood heals any wound, his fae blood allows him to walk in the daylight as a vampire and quenches any silver poison he might ingest. He has the best (and the worst) of both worlds.

July 16, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Everything can be killed, beheading and burning the remains should suffice. Just my opinion.
        But can someone tell me why Lilith didn’t just create a second Hybrid for Warlow to breed with? If his existence is the key to salvation for all Vampires wouldn’t that have been a smarter choice?

• Traci West

July 16, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Warlow told Bill/Lilith that the prophecy was hers, not his. Given his statement that he wanted to see the extinction of vampires, wouldn’t that give him even more incentive to let his enemies kill him; not just to end his misery, but to see to it the prophecy was never fulfilled? I think he would have spent those last seconds of his life being quite satisfied that Lilith’s plans were screwed.

July 16, 2013 at 7:53 pm

“Everything can be killed, beheading and burning the remains should suffice.”
          This is True Blood, where anything can happen. Warlow could very well be invincible.

Since Warlow was the first of his kind, I’m thinking that Lilith was hoping that he’d stay with her and she wouldn’t need to turn another fae. It didn’t look to me like she had a very long time with him before he fried her in her ‘sleep’.

By the way, he’s not a hybrid. Warlow is fae turned vampire, two different things. Rob Kazinsky explained that in his interview.

July 16, 2013 at 11:52 pm

It was four years, according to the time label xxxx BC, enough time to realize your off-spring resents you.
            No matter what the writers / Rob calls it, a hybrid is a cross-breed with features of both races, and that fits for Warlow. He wasn’t turned into a Vampire, he’s a whole new species, that qualifies as a hybrid. Rob insisting Warlow’s not a hybrid looks like a petty attempt to mask the fact that this idea was borrowed from another Vampire series. But of course, as always, that’s just my opinion.

24. Traci West

July 16, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Does anyone elses think that Warlow is completely clueless? First, he seemed to think that when he made himself known to Sookie, she would fall into his arms, declare her undying love, and insist on being made a vampire on the spot. He seemed surprised, even shocked, that Sookie was angry about being treated like chattel, having her life be dictated by people and events which took place 300 years before she was born, and was more than willing to kill him for the murder of her parents. I think he would be confused when Sookie categorically refuses to be turned into a vampire, too!

And what in the name of God was Warlow THINKING when he went to Sookie’s parents to explain what Sookie was, that he was contracted to marry her, and intended to turn her into a vampire when she was of legal age? Did he honestly believe that they would be leaping with joy at the prospect? Geez!

July 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm

What reason would he have to think otherwise, Traci? In his mind, he was offering immortality to their daughter, whom they already thought was weird. How was he to know they’d be so adverse to the idea?

Warlow had no idea how Sookie had been treated by vampires. How could he? How was he to know of Bill’s betrayal and Eric using her and Russell Edgington and Sophie-Anne and all the other vampires who have wanted Sookie only for her blood? And now that we know that Warlow killed Sookie’ parents to save her life, of course he’d be surprised at her anger. How was he to know that she was told only that Warlow murdered her parents.

So yes, I think he was a bit clueless as you say. But can you blame him?

July 16, 2013 at 4:05 pm

“How was he to know they’d be so adverse to the idea? ”
        Maybe because the idea of handing over your child (no matter how weird it is) to a complete stranger who’s a scary creature you have never heard about is simply off-putting? The days of slavery had long been over as well, and he suffered under his condition, didn’t he say that? Why would he even want eternal suffering for a child? And her children?

July 16, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Perhaps he thinks that he could make life a happy one for himself and for Sookie.

“Maybe because the idea of handing over your child (no matter how weird it is) to a complete stranger who’s a scary creature you have never heard about is simply off-putting?”

So let’s kill the child Sookie instead because that’s waaaay better?

July 17, 2013 at 12:00 am

“So let’s kill the child Sookie instead because that’s waaaay better?”
            Whoa, I never said that. And it wasn’t about what’s better for whom, I just wanted to explain why I think there’s plenty of reason to consider it odd that Warlow stuck around for nearly 5000 years, though his existence is suffering. And why the question “Did he honestly believe that they would be leaping with joy at the prospect?” is valid. Again, only my opinion.

• Traci West

July 16, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I think the basic problem is that Warlow has no clue about humans. He doesn’t understand them as a people who have their own culture and beliefs; rather, he’s been treating Sookie as if she was born fully fae, raised in fae society with fae culture. This also might explain his approaching Sookie’s parents; he’s treating them as if they are familiar with fae ways. As portrayed on the show, they are arrogant and obsessed with bloodlines and pedigree. For them, humans maybe don’t quite qualify as being people. Given what Warlow wants, Sookie’s human blood may be less than relevant to him.

July 16, 2013 at 7:34 pm

If Warlow had been banished to another dimension then all he knows is how the fae had lived.

• Traci West

July 18, 2013 at 6:37 pm

That banishment only happened twenty years ago; Claudine did so to save Sookie from Warlow as a child.

• blomman

July 17, 2013 at 8:12 am

I tihink warllow is clever . When it come to sookies parents i think we have to remember that hi is a vampire to and had waited for a centurys for her . My belive is that he wanted to take her as soon as possible and was trying to do it the right way and give her parents some time to say good buy or something like that . And when it come to Sookie she found out who hi was by her self .

• Captain America

July 20, 2013 at 1:39 am

“How was he to know they’d be so adverse to the idea?”

He HIMSELF hated the idea of having been turned into a vampire. How can he NOT expect the Stackhouses to feel the same way about their own daughter?

July 20, 2013 at 10:41 am

I believe I answered that as well, Capt. America. My own speculation of course, but I did answer that.

• blomman

July 16, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Warlow dident made him self known to sookie she found that out by her own . Warlow wanted to have a relationship first .

25. Anna

July 16, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I was on Team Warlow for awhile until I realized that…if Sookie were to use her special fairy fireball to protect either herself or someone else, she’ll be “fae no longer” (according to Niall). So, Warlow wouldn’t love her anymore D: because she won’t be fae. She’ll just be human like Jason.
    …that’s HORRIBLE D: !!

• Traci West

July 18, 2013 at 2:35 pm

It also means that the contract Warlow made with John Stackhouse would no longer be valid. Sookie currently IS John Stackhouse’s first fae-bearing female heir. If she fully expends her power and becomes fully human, she will no longer BE Stackhouse’s first fae-bearing female heir, which would nullify the contract. Let’s not forget; one of the only things she has in common with Warlow is that she hates what she is, because of all the grief it has caused her throughout her life. The difference is, she can change those circumstances. I think that expending her fae powers and becoming fully human would be worth it to her if it meant Warlow got out of her life.

26. Michele

July 18, 2013 at 12:57 am

Loved this episode but it left me with questions…. I don’t trust Warlow, I have no idea yet where the writers are taking his story, we were introduced to a scruffy mean vampire who was attracted to Sookie’s blood on a Band-Aid in the back of her parents car, and now they turned the story around that it was him saving her from her parents who want to kill her?? Also don’t forget he murdered all those fairies back at the club and we need to know why.
    Also I have a theory.. if Corbitt wanted to kill Sookie why did he have to drive her all the way to a lake to drown her? The “water” scene reminded me of back in Season 3 when Claudine was telling Sookie that the water was a portal to their world, was that what he had in mind?? Also Sookie has a fear of water which again was brought up in Season 3. Again so many questions 🙂

27. Traci West

July 18, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I’ve commented above about Warlow being a selfish bastard who doesn’t care that turning Sookie into a vampire would condemn her to the existence he has hated for millennia. Both Bill and Eric loved Sookie, and neither one of them even considered trying to turn her, because they understood that doing so would kill that quality that made Sookie what she was; that quality that made them love her so much. (The dream sequence in Season Two, after Sookie inadvertently tasted Eric’s blood, where Eric makes a case for Sookie being a vampire doesn’t count!) Here’s the question; since Sookie is only part fae, why does Warlow think her fae blood would survive the change and make her a vampire who can walk in daylight, like he can?