Season 7 On the Way!

HBO has made the announcement we have all been waiting for. Season 7 returns next summer, once again helmed by Brian Buckner!

“TRUE BLOOD remains a signature show for HBO, and a true phenomenon with our viewers,” noted Michael Lombardo, president of HBO programming. “Thanks to Brian Buckner and his talented team, the show continues to be a thrill ride like nothing else on TV.”

No word yet on who will be returning for the show, but I don’t expect that news until after the season 6 finale has aired. We’ll keep you updated as news comes in, but for now – rejoice!

1. Mel

July 15, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Woohoo! Told ya!

2. Tigerlily_swirl

July 15, 2013 at 3:42 pm

YAY!!!! Another season sounds good to me. :)

3. Vampiremaniac

July 15, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Perfect! Let’s hope we have the same news next year. I am hoping for the series to reach at least 8 seasons. For season 7 I would like to see a world war between humans and vamps with the vamps winners. Wouldn’t be awesome to see the brilliant-idea-poor-execution of DAYBREAKERS through TRUE BLOOD? A world where vamps are the dominant race and humans are persecuted, farmed, prisoned in most countries and TRU BLOOD keeps things in balance due to dwindled blood supply.

• Joseph

July 20, 2013 at 2:03 am

I can definitely see a Daybreakers twist in True Blood this season. I couldn’t help but think of trublood the product while watching the movie Daybreakers. It would have solved all the problems! No need to hunt and harvest the few remaining humans.
      Mainstreaming is the best!

Have you ever seen the movie Pearblossom? The plot reminds me a bit of the Lillith storyline this season.

The writers have done a phenomenal job of injecting some high quality vampire back into the series.
      I can not wait to see what they cook up next season.

4. Aaron

July 15, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Comic-Con is upon us, I think we all saw this coming. So excited!

5. Tigerlily_swirl

July 16, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Yay! Cannot wait to see what TB has planned for next season!

6. larry mccubbin

July 17, 2013 at 11:21 am

i’am a big fan of true blood i got true blood the complete first season true blood the complete second season true blood the complete third season true blood the complete fourth season & true blood The complete fifth season on dvd the road to true blood season six season finale contiues we are less than 5 episodes are left & the cast & crew of true blood are taken a vacation but we will be back next season next summer. true blood seventh season coming june 2014 how many episodes of seventh season of true blood no word on that