True Blood Radio 210: “F**k the Pain Away”

We tried something new this week – Google Hangout – and it was…different. We’ll work on it. In the meantime, join us for a discussion of the surprising, revealing, fantastic episode that marks the middle of True Blood season 6. The overriding question? What does it all mean?!?!

Things we mentioned:

1. Sookieeleana

July 16, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I can’t believe you had people saying Eric was stupid for not knowing what the governor would do with Willa. I don’t think this plan made him look weak at all. Family is the most important thing to Eric, we saw it as far back as season 2 when he risked his life to rescue Godric, Pam means the world to him (he released her for her safety) and he spent most of season 5 trying to get his sister away from the authority, and even told Nora to be nice to Tara as she was family now. Sometimes family has been the ONLY thing Eric has cared about. He was hoping that the governor would feel the same way he does. (And I do think the Governor may have listened to Willa’s pleas more if not for the influence of Sarah Newlin).

July 16, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I’m pretty sure that’s what we said. 😉

• Sookieeleana

July 17, 2013 at 2:10 am

Yes, and I was agreeing with you!

2. emax

July 16, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Hey
    Great podcast-you’ll get the hang of it…hope Warlow doesn’t kill Lala trying to save Sookie–I love Lafayette and would hate to see him gone..as much as like Terry, I am afraid he could be getting killed off “when he least expects it” …I would like to know where are they going with Alcide’s character this could be a good carry over to Season 7…war against shifters if they told it right…Jason has a lot of ideas he just always know what to do with them, I have the same problem myself…I would like more explanation about Niall’s whereabouts…they can’t leave it like this…all in all I think this season may be one of the better one’s-we are halfway there….

3. posh

July 16, 2013 at 7:50 pm

LIZ MEL omgosh I think I figured out how sara could evict jess from jason’s home..SHE MUST BE PREGNANT! Your thoughs?????

July 16, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I don’t see how that would give her the ability to rescind Jessica’s invitation.

• posh

July 16, 2013 at 7:59 pm

they just had the sexy bump time

• posh

July 16, 2013 at 8:01 pm

one more thing Liz, Do you think there is a connection with warlow and that faerie Mab?

July 16, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I really don’t know. I don’t think we’re going to see anything more out of Mab.

• Jamie

July 19, 2013 at 9:17 pm

One thing that connects them is their desire for a fae bearing female. I wonder if there will be a fight between Billith and Warlow and then between Warlow and Mab.

• Melissa

July 21, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Also I remember from the Witch War in the books that Sookie went into the place and yelled an invitation for the vamps to come in so maybe any human can extend/rescind an invitation.

• Melissa

July 21, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Or maybe the writers thought it was just good for the scene, lol!

July 16, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I don’t get it. *scratches head*

• Jamie

July 19, 2013 at 9:21 pm

One other thing; did anyone get the connection of Warlow being Nial’s father? When Warlow disappeared from his village, his wife was pregnant When he was welcomed back, his wife put their son in the tent. Then Warlow commenced to killing the whole village, but left Nial alive.

July 19, 2013 at 11:22 pm

If you listened to the podcast, you’d hear our answer to that question, Jamie. In short, that wasn’t Warlow’s wife and he isn’t Niall’s father.

• Melissa

July 21, 2013 at 12:02 pm

If you watch the scene when Warlow asks the woman when the baby will be born, a man walks up after and puts his arms around the pregnant girl.

July 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I’m confused again, a man puts his arms around the pregnant girl and…?

• Melissa

July 21, 2013 at 1:40 pm

When Warlow walks away after asking about the baby look behind him, a man comes out of the tent and embraces the pregnant woman. I just assumed that that was the baby’s father.

• Melissa

July 21, 2013 at 2:27 pm

I just wanted to chime in about where Jason was when his parents tried to drown Sookie. In season 1 Jason was telling Amy about his parents death he said that even though he was older than Sookie his parents didn’t think that he was responsible enough to watch her. He told Amy that he felt responsible for his parents death because they were on the way to pick the kids up from Grans when they got caught in the “flood”

4. Jacqueline

July 16, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Hey Ladies! Yet another great Vodcast! So, I think either Sam or La La will go. Perhaps Pam or Tara, but Sam and La La are the real ones that would grind everything to a halt, (well, 3 minutes in TB time, at least.) Second death? I’m guessing Alcide. Why? Nobody is feeling the were thing anymore. And no real chemistry with Sookie, either. I too am really confused how Sarah put Jess out- My thought? La. enacted some strange ‘communal property law’, rendering all property subject of the State, something akin to land martial law for the moment. Makes a little sense, right? Oh! And after watching the preview again, I’d saw with 99.8% the blood is on Steve’s side. Thoughts?

• Melissa

July 21, 2013 at 1:42 pm

So Arlene is the human everyone thinks will die? I was thinking Ginger…

5. Lou

July 17, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Didn’t Bill command Warlow to stay with him at the mansion? So, if Bill goes to ground during the day, would Warlow be able to leave to save Sookie from Lala/Corbett? Also, Michelle hasn’t shown up yet. Since she originally didn’t want to kill Sookie that night I am hoping she bumps Corbett out of Lala to save Sookie. Perhaps that would give some closure to the issues between Sookie and Mama. And where is Gran when you need her too? I also found it odd that when Ben was first in Sookie’s house and she was tending to his wounds, their faerie light sparked on each other, so perhaps they are meant to be together? He said the light and dark are always in conflict with each other so maybe it was just the concentrated light ball that would hurt him? But he did heal from that, wonder how his wounds still stayed open when Sookie found him. Perhaps when he is addressed as Warlow his vampire side is present, when addressed as Ben his fae side takes over? So perhaps Ben can leave the mansion? There is still so much to learn about a faery/vamp hybrid! 🙂 Still hoping it’s Mama to the rescue!

Not sure how Sarah was able to rescind Jessica’s invite to Jason’s house unless it’s another weapon the humans developed. I would really love to see Jessica or Willa take Sarah out. It’s nice to have the old Jason back. Still don’t know why he was seeing and hearing his parents. Perhaps that was a side effect of the faerie elder zapping him with the light intended for Russell last season?

I don’t think Pam and Eric will really fight. I think it will be all play until two stakes go through that two-way mirror. I just hope they don’t put Nora and Tara in there too.

Unrelated: Wouldn’t it be cool if Warlow knew Godric at some point? Also, did we ever find out who Steve Newlin’s maker is?

• esw45

July 17, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I don’t like Warlow I feel sorrow for him but he doesn’t fit with Sookie…way too much bad history between them and mostly against her side from him …..she ia not his intended he is bad news. I am afraid he will hurt or kill Lafayette because he is unstable

6. Kim

July 17, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Could Lala pull Lillith out of Bill for Warlow to kill her?

July 17, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Interesting idea, Kim!

7. ashley

July 17, 2013 at 6:49 pm

sadly, i think the blood is on the outside of the mirror. we kind of see eric’s perspective looking at steve and you can see the blood on the mirror. if it was on the inside i don’t think you would see it because it’s a two-way mirror and we would just see eric’s reflection.

8. Steph

July 18, 2013 at 4:03 pm

HI-larious clip of Jason at the LAVTF recruitment ofice on HBOs website! REALLY, i had to watch it twice because I was laughing so hard the first time I missed part of his dialog.

9. Stephanie

July 18, 2013 at 6:24 pm

On another note – – as to who will die….What about Bill? I could see him sacrifice himself to save everyone else. Also, When Neill went to Hot Wings and saw the dead fairies, did the one farie still alive say Warlow killed them? Or did he just say “a vampire” did it? I don’t think Warlow would have killed the faries because he is 1/2 fay.

• stephanie

July 19, 2013 at 10:45 am

Ok, I last night I rewatched that episode of Neill at Hot Wings. The dying fairy said “a vampire” killed them. He did not say Warlow. Is it possible that there is another eveil vamp out there? And do I remember correctly but when Ben was telling Sookie that he saved her from her dad killing her, he never came out and said he killed her folks. Maybe after he saved her, her parents were killed by someone else. Could this be the segway into next season? A different evil force that needs to be delt with? (and because I predict Bill will die everyone will be in a tizzy because he is not around to help). 🙂

• Jamie

July 19, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Warlow has no problem draining fairies. Remember that he killed his own fae village after being made vampire.