Recap 6.7 True Blood “In the Evening”

“And so we end as we began.”

Oh my, that was sad. And gooey.

They finally gave me an episode that focused on my vampires, and I thought it was terrific. Eric praying to Godric and sobbing as Nora disintegrated into a puddle of goo actually got to me — much more so than Terry’s death last week, I’m sorry to say. And I liked that they showed Eric and Nora’s beginning in 1665, right before their end.

It was nice to see Eric reconnecting with Bill for Nora’s sake. (Or was that connecting, not reconnecting? Did Bill and Eric ever connect in the first place? Okay, maybe last season for five minutes.) Bill doesn’t seem too Billith-like any more, helping Eric to the point of sharing his blood with Nora, confronting Andy in an attempt to protect Jessica. Maybe Bill isn’t gone, after all.

Eric is going back for his family and Jessica, hopefully, with Warlow’s blood in his pocket. If we are definitely getting Bill’s vision of them meeting the sun in the cylindrical room, maybe that’s how they’ll survive?

James, Jessica’s new amour, is a vampire of good character. He made a conscious choice to keep his soul, or more accurately, his human conscience, and there’s no question that he’d make a good boyfriend for Jessica. But I’m still worried about Jessica, who is clearly suicidal because of the fairies Bellefleur. And no matter how cool James is, how could she make love with him with Jason on the other side of the door, impending death or no impending death?

Sarah Newlin has been sort of villain-adjacent until now, but she just took over and I’m enjoying her as the big bad much more than Governor Burrell. (Throwing Jason into female GenPop? Kissing Truman’s disembodied head? I was going, no, Sarah! Don’t kiss him! Bleah! I thought Truman was going to open his mouth and talk to her in that scene, didn’t you?)

Note that I haven’t had much to say about Sookie and Warlow, mostly because we got very little of Sookie and Warlow. Frankly, the best part of their morning after is Sookie telling him not to expect her to fall into his arms and marry him. “We have the vote too, you know.” I’m glad that instead, Sookie was there for Arlene and her kids. Although I wanted to yell at Arlene for saying such a nasty thing to Lafayette. I also have doubts that a life insurance policy that’s only three days old is going to pay out. Won’t the insurance company think it’s just a tad suspicious?

Finally, I was watching Sam and Nicole in the shower and thinking, hey, this goes past sympathy and comfort; didn’t he just lose Luna? Then again, maybe he thought it was goodbye sex. And now Alcide has to choose between his pack and the lives of two innocent women. Jackson told Alcide that pack life wasn’t for them. Hey, listen to your father, Alcide. It’s time to say goodbye to the pack, Alcide.

Bits and pieces:

— The opening Eric/Nora jailbreak was terrific. Loved Willa and the hand. I think the hand even impressed Pam.

— I absolutely loved Pam and Pruitt Taylor Vince the shrink. “You must hear all kinds of deviant shit in this office.” Hilarious.

— When Sookie found Arlene sobbing on the grass in the cemetery, I was thinking, did days pass while Sookie was with Warlow? They didn’t bury Terry already, did they?

— Arlene drunk was more like Arlene in slomo.

— Bill and Andy had a verbal standoff in which they both talked about their daughters. Andy seemed to acquiese, but I don’t think that’s going to be enough for Andy. Bill knows it, too.

— This week’s Most Obvious Symbolism was probably the contrast between Eric’s sincere prayer to Godric and Sarah’s religious elocution lessons on CD.

— Eric. English accent. No.

— I wasn’t crazy about the fop clothes, either. Although I can forgive Eric nearly anything.

Quotes:

Sam: “My friend died. Not being there is not an option.”

Arlene: “You’re a liar and a voodoo queer!”
That was intolerant. I don’t like hearing anyone saying something like that to Lafayette.

Jason: “You don’t have that stockholder’s syndrome, do you?”

Eric: “I don’t care who Warlow is.”
Me either. Except that the lives of all our vamps depend on Warlow now. Oh, well.

Sookie: “Are you ready for this?”
Lafayette: “About as ready as Big Pharma can make a man.”

Pam: “You’d be surprised what a girl can accomplish in solitary.”

Three out of four religious elocution lessons,

Billie Doux

(Billie Doux and her friends review their favorite shows at Doux Reviews.)

I'm a hopeless sci-fi geek and huge fan of shows like True Blood, Lost, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I write episode reviews and articles about many of the shows that I love. All of my reviews are at DouxReviews.com

1. Latasha

July 28, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Oh well, I hoped the sex scene was a dream. Guess not

• Altagracia Hedrington

July 30, 2013 at 10:51 am

I’m glad it wasn’t a sex dream because if your really honest with yourself Sookie belongs with Warlow.

• Anja R

July 30, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Agreed! Warlow makes so much sense for Sookie…I can’t see her being with Eric anymore (and definitely not Bill).

2. Mel

July 28, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Glad you enjoyed this episode more than previous weeks, Billie.

I’m disappointed that the sex between Warlow and Sookie was real, and not just because it seemed so out of character for her. The special effects haven’t been consistent this season, which isn’t the level of attention to detail I’m used to with this show.

Other than that, this episode (and this season) was phenomenal. I was even marginally interested in Alcide’s storyline there at the end.

• esw45

July 29, 2013 at 12:31 am

Mel, I am dissapointed in the Sookie and Warlow sex scene was real as well because it does seem out of character and not smart and Sookie was acting smart in the first 4 episodes but these last 2 episodes not so much…she should know that having casual sex with a guy that has a contract on you and did kill your parents and which she doesn’t know have glamoured your brother about sticking your great grandfather in another dimension, is not such a good idea. Warlow is unhinged and we will see that in the last couple of episodes….she will regret ever getting involved with him. Eric and Nora was a sad scene but it did give some insite to their relationship and how important she has been to him. His humanity is now gone and he will strike and kill anything in site so I guess Burrell even in death has won over Eric in the end.

July 29, 2013 at 3:03 am

Sookie is not my favorite person this year either, like she said she isn’t stupid. She is going to find a way to save her vampires. Bill can sense Sookie’s love for Eric. Another thing that set Eric off was thinking Sookie chose Warlow over saving Nora.

• Madeleine

July 29, 2013 at 5:20 am

I was wondering why so many had the idea the scene with Warlow and Sookie was just a dream. The filter and diffuse light was also used when Sookie was taking to the ‘alternate’ place by Claudine, including the chandelier ….
      Sookie acting out of character – true, for the old Sookie. But she has changed, a lot, she’s fed up with being the damsel in distress and takes action rather than to rely on others. This looks like the ultimate rebellion, emancipation, whatever you wanna call it. However, it shows just how much Sook has changed.

July 29, 2013 at 12:09 pm

You know, part of the reason for thinking that scene was a dream was that it was so out of character for Sookie. And unless there is an explanation for having sex with Warlow in the coming episodes, what was the point?

• esw45

July 29, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Liz; you are right …what was the point …she doesn’t want a relationship with him it seems and he think they are going to be married because they had sex so it looks like it was a big mistake on her part because it was just casual sex with a guy that thinks your his any way so now she encouraged him….I just don’t like any of it…I don’t like their lack of chemistry

July 29, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Madeleine, I think we were shocked because she made Bill and Eric work for it and she so willingly and quickly gave it away. Maybe the sex part was some curiosity as well as trying to prove she moved on from Bill and the blood exchange was Sookie trying to appear not so smart so she can have a way to track him the scene was just over the norm and I’m just hoping my observation proves to be true. Sookie knows Warlow wants to turn her into a vampire, Bill can give him a makers command, and last but not least he is an ancient vampire that still has no clue how to control his thirst for blood. I think Sookie wanting to play grown proved her to be the same old Sookie not thinking things through and it lands her into trouble because if she had sex with Eric every time he saved her life, she’s be one worn out woman. I think rebound sex with a stalker vampire is going to be her demise and Bill’s little stunt by telling Eric she has Warlow so she can rely on him to be her hero is another pathetic last ditch effort for Bill to use her up for his day walking endeavors. Eric’s loss for compassion for vampires and humans is going to prove fatal for Sookie if Niall doesn’t find a way out of that realm, IJS.

• Latasha

July 30, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I think we will see Niall before the season ends. Wardlow will show his true colors. Sookie made a huge mistake having sex with him.

• Granna

August 1, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Well said, Toni. I heartily agree with your observations and conclusions. I think that Warlow still has a lot of explaining to do but is putting his “best face forward” to sucker Sookie in. She’s GOT to be smarter than that! Please!

3. Vampiremaniac

July 28, 2013 at 11:22 pm

My, this season is so freaking perfect… Nora’s death made my heart jumping, I really liked her character… And Eric’s screams as she was disintegrating in his hands… Oh my… And the flashback was great, I loved it.

July 29, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Vampiremaniac, you are so funny. You always find a way to look at a glass half full.

• Vampiremaniac

July 30, 2013 at 11:03 am

I do. ๐Ÿ™‚ BTW, loving Sookie+Benlow… Hihihihi…

July 31, 2013 at 7:44 pm

You are just trying to get a response out of me and so not going to happen. Everybody is loving Warlow with Sookie because right now they are seeing his fairy nature, wait until you see his dark side if there is one. This could be another ploy to ignite her fairy powers. True Blood and Warlow promises a dark side. I wonder if everyone will love them together then.

July 31, 2013 at 8:18 pm

We already have seen Warlow’s dark side. The point is that he hates that side of himself as much as anyone else does.The point is that he is shunned from both worlds – fae and vampire. While I don’t believe Warlow is to be trusted I do feel sorry for him. He did not choose what he is. I’m not sorry that I feel compassion for him. Sorry of that nauseates you but that’s my opinion. ๐Ÿ˜€

4. Michele

July 28, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Loving this Season also. Looks like Eric is going to lose his mind now over his grief for losing Nora, when he looked up at Bill you can see he’s ready to kill somebody! I wonder what that female vampire in gen pop wants to do with Jason?? Also I’m having a tough time thinking that all Warlow wants is to live all happily ever after with Sookie, i just feel he has some kind of plan up his sleeve. Cause the writers are kinda taking our minds off of Nial being in that darker relm that Warlow zapped him in, and the fact that he drained all the fairies at that club. With only 3 episodes left this season ๐Ÿ™ and in True Bolod style in the 2nd to last episode they always introduce the new story line for the next season, so I wonder if they will go deeper into Warlow’s story or have an entire new story develop for next season. And i’m still having hope that somehow and someway we will just have Eric and Sookie together again, just for one season, just something, I’ll take one episode!!

July 29, 2013 at 3:52 am

I think they are going to focus on getting Eric’s humanity back.

• Michele

July 29, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Honestly i don’t see them using an entire season to try to get Eric’s humanity back, he will lose his mind next episode and he wants revenge and he won’t stop till he gets it, but it could take Sookie to bring him back, cause in the last season’s finale he went to Sookie to ask her to come with him to save Bill, cause if there’s someone who could reach him it would be her, and it pained him to say that. So I’m wondering if in the end she reaches to Eric and Warlow sees this love between them and gets mad jealous and kidnaps Sookie and takes her back to that dark relm where he came from. Cause he wants Sookie for something and it’s not to just live happily ever after, there is no happy ever after in True Blood ๐Ÿ™‚

July 29, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Michele, I think in drama fashion Sookie and Eric are going to realize just how genuine their feelings are for one another without the blood. I can’t wait until Eric lights into Sookie I love their relationship because they can genuinely call one another on their BS and they don’t take one another’s crap. I don’t think she ever got away with slapping Bill as she has Eric and can you imagine her trying to slap Warlow. Sookie made a comment in one of the previews “she’d rather walk the earth as a corpse…….”. I think the only vampire she will be able to trust for that is Eric causing a third exchange setting Benlow off.

5. Phoenison

July 29, 2013 at 12:04 am

It was a fantastic episode.
    I have to get something out of my system, though…
    I’m wondering: am I the only one who doesn’t want this TV Sookie to end back up with Eric? I mean, Eric is dreamy but he and this Sookie only fit together for that moment. At least for me… I can’t. If those two ended up together just for the sake of it, I would be done. I love this show because these characters seem to make logical choices based on their circumstances, not just choices for the sake of matching up for the fans’ desires. I would rather have Sookie marry Warlow and have fae-pyre babies than Sookie end up with Eric Northman because the fans think it’s cute.
    Well, that’s out of my system. Let’s row forward, I’m ready for what the writers wanna throw at me.

• esw45

July 29, 2013 at 12:22 am

I disagree with you because i like sookie and Eric together because they have a pure love to me that is not based on lies or fae-babie barring crap that people have jumped on recently…..Eric and Sookie both didn’t try to fall in love with each other in season 4 but it just happened and like I said it is pure and I liked their scenes together even when they are not together they have chemistry. I don’t see chemistry with Warlow…it’s forced and not interesting…but Warlow is not interesting to me at all. Bill and her relationship was based on lies and manipulation and I think he did fall in love with her but he could have explained why he originally met her and fell in love with her but he is always about power so …..There is my rant ot yours as to why I like Sookie and Eric together..I hope we see Sookie with real Eric because this has never been given a chance on the show.

• Latasha

July 29, 2013 at 12:41 am

I agree with you; I would love to see Sookie with real Eric as well. I think she will be the only person to bring him back from his rage and despair.

• Lori

July 29, 2013 at 12:30 pm

This! Warlow is another Bill starting a relationship based on lies and manipulation. I bet he tries to blackmail her so he helps the vampires in upcoming eps. The sex scenes have been very telling on this show, Warlow sex scene was distant, casual ending over a grave. Sookies sex scenes with Eric are a million miles from that, so intimate, he cherished every part if her, they fell in love. Sookie is not in love with Warlow, he totally creeps me out and by seasons end we’ll see his true face like on the bridge that night killing Sookies parents.

July 29, 2013 at 2:52 am

Sookie and Eric is going to get back together. Bill didn’t give Eric the whole story just like he didn’t give Sookie the whole story either. Sookie is under the impression that Eric is safe and Eric is under the impression that Sookie chose Warlow over Nora. Eric is going to have his talk with Sookie because they are the only couple on the show that can call one another on their BS and at the end of the day everything is okay. We need to see this Eric to have faith and hope that Someone on this show is going to be able to save Sookie. I think Bill can sense that what Sookienfeels formEric is real even though she doesn’t understand what she is feeling. The old Sookie would never have staked Bill to save Eric’s life. I think by Episode 9 Eric and Sookie will begin to get their stuff together. I don’t understand why some people want to turn True Blood into twilight with the baby mama drama.

• Altagracia Hedrington

July 29, 2013 at 3:24 am

I don’t want Sookie to be with Eric either! Let the books be the books, and TV be TV i love Sookie and Warlow together, out of all the love scenes she ever had i love hers with Warlow the most

July 29, 2013 at 3:56 am

Alter gracias what was there to love they were in fairy it’s always sunny in fairy? When she slept with Eric it snowed. At least with Eric Sookie knew what she was getting into Benlow still hasn’t revealed himself

• Madeleine

July 29, 2013 at 5:06 am

“am I the only one who doesnโ€™t want this TV Sookie to end back up with Eric?”

No, you are not. It doesn’t add up, they were never a real match, Sookie can’t deal with all of Eric, or Eric being all he is. And they both have been through a lot since “back then”, they moved on, in different directions, each of them in his / her own way.
      But we certainly are the minority. ๐Ÿ˜‰

July 29, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Madeleine, nope you are not. TV Sookie has issues but the transformation Sookie is going to make is going to make her perfect match for Eric

• Altagracia Hedrington

July 30, 2013 at 10:55 am

I don’t want Sookie with Eric either! I want her with Warlow!!!!!

July 31, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Sookie has to want to be with Warlow

6. Rina

July 29, 2013 at 12:07 am

This episode had so much emotion in it, I needed to look at kitty high-fives on tumblr afterwards. The writing and acting and direction in this episode was phenomenal.

7. Vampiremaniac

July 29, 2013 at 12:38 am

Ah, something I just noticed. I remember that Nora’s flashback was at 1665. But I also remember season 5. Eric has said to Nora “I love you for nearly 600 years”. Obviously, Eric is not good at math and he was joking for Jason (season 6 premiere)… ๐Ÿ˜›

8. Toni

July 29, 2013 at 3:06 am

Please show us the smarter mature Sookie in the upcoming episodes because casual sex Sookie is awful

9. blomman

July 29, 2013 at 7:27 am

Like the morden Sookie style but with warllow type of guy… The ending was heart breaking with Eric praying to Godric . Wanted to see Godric again and the scene made me wonde if Godrics specailty was some sort of healing Power ? Agre with you billy debux the cloths was terible but i can forgive Eric for whering them . Gess we will see Eric and Sookie have a talk and is warllow returning next season ? or is it possible he wont live mutch longer ? Like soo many other i need to know and will Bill end up Bill or will he stay as he is know ?

July 29, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Blomman, I think quite a few people were waiting for Godric that performance was heart wrenching

10. Jesse

July 29, 2013 at 8:20 am

This was the first episode since the season three finale that I didn’t not enjoy. It was a mostly well done episode but I just didn’t get any enjoyment from it.
    Rather hate we lost Nora, I guess Willa is taking her spot on the show next season. While I have liked the Willa character so far, if the cost of having her around was Nora I won’t like her as much.
    And that was a serious character poisoning moment with Jessica and Jason. I don’t Jessica will be my favorite character anymore moving forward.
    Unfortunate cause I have mostly enjoyed the season so far.

July 29, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Jesse, Hopefully Jessica will be put out of her misery but unfortunately we have to deal with her character next season. I guess you can tell the difference in makers because Willa is days old and is already proven a better vampire than Jessica has ever been. Hopefully losing her dad doesn’t impact her and we get to see her next season.

• Granna

August 1, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Yeah, but Toni, you need to remember the vast difference in Jessica’s and Willa’s personalities before they were turned. Willa was already an accomplished, out-going young woman. Jessica came from a family where she was not allowed to “talk” back without her Dad using a belt on her and her younger siblings. I think their original personality has a lot to do with how they behave as vampires.

11. Danielle

July 29, 2013 at 9:03 am

I guess I’m getting used to the idea of having Sookie and Warlow together. He seems to be more controlling than anyone else she has jumped on, either could work well or more likely bad. What if she tried to leave him? He can chase her all the time. I wouldn’t mind an Eric/Sookie encounter, Bill did put her in a bad light. I never was a big Nora fan, but it was so sad to watch Eric cry over her pile of guts.

And seriously Jessica, WTF. Yeah he was nice to you and all but seriously Jason came to attempt to rescue you and your going to f**k the other guy, while he is looking the other way.

I like the person idea above if Eric could sneak into the facility again with some of Warlow’s blood. When they meet the sun, they could wave to Sarah in her horror.

Lastly, the werewolves thing is finally to get a bit interesting. Alcide should pack up and ditch the pack.

July 29, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Danielle, Warlow had such a dramatic entrance that led me to believe that he was the big bad and Sookie tied him to a grave and he’s been there ever since. He spoke the deal breaker word “Mine”. Hopefully in temper tantrum mode of a jilted lover Sookie will see what he is capable of. I wonder if the excuse of vampire nature excuse going to go ver well with Sookie like it did when Bill spoke them.

• Granna

August 1, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Toni, did you notice that Warlow was untied when he and Sookie woke up in the sunlight after her night of “wanton” sex? ๐Ÿ˜‰ But then he was tied up again later on.

12. MB

July 29, 2013 at 9:30 am

Pretty good episode, but there was a lot that didn’t add up. (Although isn’t that always the case with TB? (I should be used to it by now!)

Sookie having (apparently real) sex with Warlow… didn’t make sense to me in the first place… knowing what he wants from her, how could she? At least in the end, she acted a little more Sookie-like, reminding Warlow that just because they had sex doesn’t mean he owns her. It redeemed her actions, at least a little bit.

I find myself missing the old Sookie. I don’t miss the naive Sookie, but I definitely miss the loyal and loving Sookie. I miss her friendship with Tara. I miss the fact that she would have done anything for the people/vamps she loved – no questions asked. Now it seems that, other than Jason, Sookie doesn’t give a flying you-know-what about anyone other than herself. She’s become an angry ho.

I guess that was part of what was so special about Sookie ditching Warlow to be with Arlene in her time of grief. I hope this is a glimpse of more to come. I’d like to see Sookie be at peace, be loving, and trusting again. I sure hope they don’t end the season, or the series, with Angry Ho Sookie.

The sex scene between Sam and Nicole didn’t bother me as much as Sam insisting he has to return to Bon Temps to help bury his friend. While, meanwhile, Luna’s body is out there rotting somewhere in the woods. Hasn’t anyone thought about the fact that Sam never went back for Luna’s body, or to make sure she got a properal funeral? I keep thinking Luna must still be alive. Otherwise, why would Sam do that?

Ok, then Jessica screwing that guy with Jason outside the door? WEIRD. Can’t these two ever get it together? Their timing sucks, they never seem to want each other at the same time.

Sarah Newlin is a crazy bitch, nuff said.

Eric crying over Nora… as much as I love Eric, it hurts me to see him so sad. He’s the most complex character on True Blood (along with Bill) – and that’s saying a lot since most of the characters are not terribly complex on the show. Still, I find myself getting oddly uncomfortable when Eric shows his vulnerabile side on the show. I’m much happier when he’s sarcastic, pissed off, and unemotional. Huh…

• jesse

July 29, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Luna’s body was found by the Vampires first then the Police. They mentioned as much to Martha when they came around the wolf pack looking for Emma. Outside the Bon Temps police force, no other agency would know to contact Sam about her, at least at first hence why they went to her daughter’s grandmother when they couldn’t find Emma’s father.

• Traci West

July 29, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Re: the disposition of Luna’s body, I would bet that as soon as the authorities recognized her as the person who shifted on live TV, they probably spirited her body off to a lab somewhere so they could try to figure out what she was. That’s probably why they want Emma, too; it certainly isn’t because they have any concern for her welfare.

13. Delorise

July 29, 2013 at 12:29 pm

As far as I understand it, Sookie is just now starting to find out what’s been going on with the vamps, right? She’s been kinda caught up in being pursued by someone she thought was malevolent and being almost drowned by her father’s ghost… She didn’t know Nora was sick so she didn’t make a choice not to help…

I think Sookie’s decision to get physically involved with Warlow was smart– the exchange of blood will lend her extra strength and abilities as well as gain her an ally that can sense and find her if she needs help. She may have also been attempting to recharge her light. Maybe she’s preparing for war…?

14. Traci West

July 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm

A few comments on last night’s episode:

The longer the season goes on, the less sense the Warlow storyline makes. First of all, he claimed he had been waiting for her for 5,000 years; I’m skeptical about that. In all that time, he couldn’t have found another full-blooded female fae to turn? Also, we still don’t have an explanation as to why John Stackhouse agreed to the marriage contract in the first place.

Did anyone else notice that in spite of having had (presumably) phenomenal fae sex, that Sookie is still unhappy with the situation she’s in with Warlow? She’s said that she has feelings for Warlow that she doesn’t want to have, but she doesn’t act like it. Instead, she seems to be almost totally emotionally detached from just about everything, except her friends. I was ticked off when I saw the preview and Warlow gave Sookie the if-I-go-back-to-Bill-I-expect-you-to-let-me-turn-you ultimatum. And just when I was beginning to like Warlow a little bit!

I was shocked when Ricki dragged out the bound and gagged Nicole and Mom. If Ricki got her hands on them, are Martha and Emma all right, or did she kill them? I sincerely hope that Alcide kicks her ass next week, before he resigns as packmaster. A lot of people have commented on getting rid of the wolves, already. Since the new producer has said he wants to take the show back to the way it was in the beginning- the relationships between humans and vampires-this may very well be the end of the werewolves (I hope with the exception of Alcide).

July 29, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Traci West, I didn’t see that or hear that I thought he asked her to be “Mine”. I just try to not pay attention to that story line because like you said it has no relevance. You have me wishing i paid more attention, dang it. Warlow’s grand entrance of the big bad and then tied to a head stone crying about his mere existence as a vampire is boring. You asked the same questions I did wasn’t Claudine and Claudette of royal blood line and a lot older than Sookie? Something is off about this situation too and I wonder if Godric was Fae he didn’t burn when he met his end he just turned to a blue light. I wish I knew more about the Godric back story.

• Traci West

July 30, 2013 at 6:57 pm

What he said was, “If I do this, I want you to submit to me completely.” To me, it sounds like he wants her to abide by the terms of the marriage contract, including allowing him to turn Sookie.

July 31, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Ooh that went right over my head I was still devastated about the casual sex so I fast forwarded through everything Sookie and him. I truly agree with you. Everyone is just singing the praise of Warlow it’s nauseating. I can’t wait until this dark side emerges I want to see what the viewers think then. Sookie was in love with Bill and hesitated to accept his proposal. I don’t think with Warlow it’s going to be any different. I’m just laughing at the whole situation. What if Sookie is turned this season by Warlow, karma is a sick thing

15. Granna

July 29, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Loved your recap, Billie. Good job!

This is a season that I’m enjoying immensely. Each episode just gets better and better.

Even though Arlene was drunk, I really did not like what she said to Lafayette, It was completely uncalled for – and inaccurate. Wonder if this is the “start” of a more outspoken vengeful, intolerant, Arlene – reminiscent of the vengeful Arlene in the later books.

LOVED Willa and the hand! She is really embracing her “vampness” and is a hoot! Even Pam showed a glimpse of tolerance for her new little sister.

Loved Pam and her manipulation of her psychiatrist! We could see right from the start what she was doing and she sucked him right in. She is a powerful presence (on screen and off)!

Loved Lafayette accompanying Sookie to check the safety deposit box. When you need a friend, he’s someone you can count on. Always. REMEMBER THAT WRITERS! Bon Temps NEEDS Lafayette!

Poor Jason. He really is a sweetheart. His heart is in the right place, but he’s not real quick about figuring things out in his head. We’re still laughing about “beheadingness” from last week! He’s had some of the best lines throughout the episodes season after season.

I didn’t like what felt like gratuitous sex between Sookie and Warlow last week. I STILL don’t trust Ben/Low! I was really glad to see Sookie leave him to help Arlene.

It seems to me that the writers need someone to check specifically for continuity not only from episode to episode but also from season to season. The continuity seems a little off at times. It’s just little things, but, they still bother me.

We’re (hubby and I) really loving this season!

July 29, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Granna, you are right about continuity How did Jessica find out about the Hep V to warn James when Willa hadn’t had a chance to notify Pam or Tara yet? I’m excited to see how Sookie and Eric are going to deal with Bill when they find out he withheld information from them about a dire situation. Sookie knows how much Nora means to Eric. There is a preview that Sookie is saying she’d rather walk the earth as a corpse than think about someone. I know she just had Warlow’s blood and that’s her self loathing because she had Casual Sex with Warlow and she finds out he ate her fairies, glamoured her brother, threw her great grandfather in another dimension. I just wonder if she is going to be turned and who is she going to allow to turn her and I hope it’s not Bill. I think by seasons end Lillith and Warlow will destroy one another and I hope Eric and Sookie will come to an understanding.

• Andromeda

July 30, 2013 at 12:20 am

I was wondering the same thing about Arlene, that the trauma of Terry’s death could be the thing that turns her into Later Book Arlene. She asked a vampire to glamour Terry in order to help keep alive, and Terry ended up dead anyway. In the way that she tried to blame Lafayette for Terry’s death because of his “spooky phone calls,” (or however she put it), her mind could twist the vamp’s involvement and blame vampires for Terry’s death.

July 31, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Andromeda, that is a good thought! I was just thinking about what if Warlow turned Sookie and she killed him, Karma is wicked that way.

• Vampiremaniac

July 30, 2013 at 11:00 am

Willa entered the GenPop1 where Tara and Jessica are captured before the scene with Jessica and James. that’s how jessica knew about HepV. I would like to watch the scene where Willa informs them too but there are a lot of things they omit and leave us to guess them by ourselves, probably because of the reduction to 10 episodes.

Anyway, I like science VS vamps and the whole sci-fi+horror+action+drama mix season 6 (which season I consider the best of all) has and I am little worried what the new director means by telling he will restore the series to the original routes. He will need to introduce something really strong after all this to keep us interested and another story about Sookie’s vagina ain’t gonna be interesting for me. I hope it keeps the sci-fi, horror and action elements even reduced and not obliterate them to drown us with drama only. After all, the change to the show has been done. I highly doubt that shift would make some of the ex-fans return to the show.

July 31, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Vampiremaniac, your twisted mind does wonders……lol! What if Warlow turns Sookie in a rage and she kills him, now that’s Karma?

16. deb

July 29, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I loved last night’s episode and honestly so not into the Sookie/Warlow relationship. It seems contrived and forced. Based on Season 4, isn’t Sookie technically Eric’s? She may not have promised anything to him but she gave herself to him and he to her. I have to think that has to count for something. Maybe that’s what will save her from marrying Warlow. BTW – I’m addicted to this site! What am I going to do when season six ends?!!

17. Rebecca

July 30, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Firstly, kudos to Billie for another great recap. I alway like the quotes.

Poor Arlene is really having a tough time keeping it together. No wonder she hit the bottle–hard. Hopefully she will get that insurance money. If she does, maybe she can buy Sam out of Merlotte’s. In Season One, while drinking while Renee and Hoyt were playing pool, she did say “I can’t believe I’m pouring my hard-earned cash into Sam Merlotte’s pockets” Foreshadowing anyone?

Poor Eric. After showing us that beautiful start to Nora and his relationship, she dissolved in his arms. Yes, have to agree with most posts that Eric will be revengefully rampaging soon.

Poor Alcide should have listened to Papa Jackson. Buy that land with the water that makes them ‘Maters sweet and live a quiet life of solitude. Ricki is on my last nerve. She seems to instigate all the out of control pack mess that happens. I hope getting out of the pack is not akin to being jumped out of a gang. If so, I hope he survives.

James could be a good match for Jessica. She’s lost her humanity and he seems to have a firm grasp on his. If they get out alive, maybe they can date.

Sarah is nuttier than a fruit cake. And I did think Gov. Burrell’s head was gonna talk. Stranger things have happened on True Blood.

Let’s hope Sookie has her wits about her as coming back with Warlow is a dangerous proposition.

Go Pam! Get with Tara and Jessica and Willa and get the heck outta there! But please, save Jason first!

July 31, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I wonder if Jason was shot up with Hep V and it was part of Sarah’s plan all along to put him with the vampires. I also wonder if James is Violet’s progeny

• Anja R

August 1, 2013 at 6:37 pm

James and Violet…..Ooo that’s a hot maker-progeny combo!! Interesting theory about Jason. If that’s the case, Violet is done!

18. Steph S.

July 30, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Question– why didn’t Eric make Nora? Why did Godric do it instead?

• Traci West

July 30, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Most likely because Godric is older and more powerful. It’s also possible that Godric hadn’t yet released Eric; if that’s the case, then Eric most likely would not have been permitted to be a Maker.

• Anja R

August 1, 2013 at 6:31 pm

But Pam made Tara while she was still bound to Eric. Remember when he came back at the end of Season 5 from being at the Authority? He came back to question Pam about whether she told anyone about Russell being buried, and that was when Eric saw Tara as a vampire for the first time? In a later scene he released her.

But I think you’re right…it was probably because Godric was older.

19. vamprilizer

July 30, 2013 at 5:35 pm

isn’t it obvious that Jessica now has the ability to walk in the daylight? If I recall correctly Bill walked in the sun in season 3 or 4 because had some of sookies blood. 3 faeries completely drained has to give her the ability to live through the “white room prophecy”

• Granna

August 1, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Ooooh! Good thought vamprilizer. I hadn’t thought of that but you’re right.

• Anja R

August 1, 2013 at 6:35 pm

No kidding!! I was thinking the same thing…Although, they were 1/2 faeries, and very young And if you remember when Eric drained Claudine (who was a full fae), he was only able to frolick in the sun for about half a day before starting to burn.

I’m wondering if her light-shield is gone by now. Regardless, there’s a quick one-second shot of her having blood on her face and acting high in the coming episodes. I’m thinking that happened after Bill gives everyone in the circular room his Warlow-infused blood.

20. Buckspa

July 30, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Hi, hoping someone can clarify something for me. Nora drank bills blood in hope that lillith blood will cure her of HEpV, it didn’t work. But…bill also has Warlows blood in him because he can walk in sun, so Nora also got Warlows blood too, still nothing. That would mean Warlows blood is not immune to HVV correct ? Why does Eric/ bill need warlow so bad to save everyone from the sun room. can’t they all just suck off of bill and get same protective effect from sun. Or does bill need more blood? On to the bigger picture, the poor scientist locked up in bills place, I assume he will be the one to whip up a vaccine/antiviral for this ultimately ? Last thing , is this hepV virus a genetically mutated form of hepD (season one, not even sure D was the right serotype ..) I don’t have season one available, so maybe I am remembering wrong. But if so, maybe this new mutated hep virus will jump species and infect humans too?

21. Sheryl

July 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I know it’s not popular opinion on this website – but I love the Sookie and Warlow relationship that is developing. Eric was never the true one for her. Amnesia Eric yes – that has been the only time he truely put her first in every decision. And even she realized it at the end of the relationship. Especially when he didn’t come to her right after she zapped him with the light ball and he remembered everything. Also, he didn’t waste any time getting over her – he jumped right on Nora. Is she a fond memory for him – yes. Is she what his humanity should be – yes. But in the end of everything, it was a relationship to show growth in both characters to who they are now. Eric wiith a certain awareness that humans are more than food. And Sookie that she can be stronger than she ever thought she could be.

Whereas with Warlow, Sookie will always come first. His existance has been tragic and we are finding out Sookie’s life has not been a bed of roses also with her father wanting to kill her. Would it be horrible if she gets turned into a fairy/vampire – no (I see a whole new plot for next season). She has been dancing around that threat everytime she is with one. Hence, this is why she called herself a ‘danger whore’. There comes a time in everyone’s life that we just have to own up to who and what we are and I believe she has finally come to that point. She is not niave Sookie any longer. She is a woman who wants a relationship with someone who could be her equal in every way.

Does Warlow have his faults – heck yes! He obviously lied in the beginning because he was afraid of judgement. He killed her parents, but it was to save her. He banished her grandfather to the other realm… don’t know if he will get out of that one – I’m still thinking Niall will make it back and show up in Sookies bathroom at some time in the future, probably when she is at a happy moment with her decision of being with Warlow. We are assuming he killed all the fairies in the club, although it’s not fully admitted yet. Does he feel bad about all of it, yes I believe he does.

All of her relationships have been muttled with deceit and danger – but non have been where both parties could be the same. I hope Warlow and Sookie do stay together (even though the odds are not there). I would like to see her with someone she could actually walk in the daylight and the moonight. One that would be totally for her. This is just my opinion…

July 31, 2013 at 11:46 am

“I know itโ€™s not popular opinion on this website โ€“ but I love the Sookie and Warlow relationship that is developing. ”

Actually Sheryl, this website is all Team True Blood/Team Sookie. In other words, this website is, has been and always will be neutral. Everyone has their likes, favorites, hopes, concerns and all are welcome to voice them.

And for the record, judging by reactions on social media a lot of people are liking the Warlow/Sookie match up. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Sheryl

July 31, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Thanks Liz. Just wanted to thank you and Mel for all the Trubie info. Love your website!

• Anja R

August 1, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I agree with all of this, top to bottom! But you know the writers always want to throw a little ‘angst’ in the mix, and make sure all relatiolnships have drama at some point….In that case I’m hoping:

(a) Sookie is angry with Warlow about Niall…but then someone drains her almost to the point of killing her, and Warlow has no choice but to turn her (she would die otherwise)? Then next season she comes to her senses and is with him by the finale of the series.

(b) Sookie tells Warlow (for the time being) that she doesn’t want to be with him – but wants him to turn her because obviously she needs more protection from other supes. Then eventually next season she sees that he’s the one for her.

I hope all those light connections (when she touched his arm on the couch, when they were intimate in the cemetary) and mental connection (her feeling him in her head) are a hint that they truly belong together forever.

By the way, another great point you made: the other two “loves” of her life both have been deceitful to the extent of both mentally AND physically hurting her; Bill outright lied for 3 seasons, and even – repulsively – glamoured those Ratray idiots to beat her up in Season 1 so that he could give her his blood. Eric used her (“fang-raped”) for his own agenda after making her think that he cared about her (kissed her 1 minute then chained her in his basement the next). Warlow only did anything “bad” to either protect her or get to know her better.

22. Eileen Rae

August 1, 2013 at 12:46 am

I would love someone to explain the man dressed as a giant crow during the flash back in this episode. Was this a background joke when Eric goes to his soon to be sister’s bedside? I was trying to get into the seriousness of the scene and then I see a man dressed like a crow with an over coat and hat. I have re-watched this couple of times, and he is definitely there for split second.