Recap 6.8 True Blood “Dead Meat”

“Destiny’s too much of a bitch to keep fighting.”

This one just may have been about fate. Do you think?

Our favorite vampires are destined to die in the cylindrical room of death. Except that Eric is coming to the rescue after cleverly drinking enough of Adilyn Bellefleur to get into the fairy realm and drain Warlow. (I think of that place in the cemetery as the fairy anteroom.)

Warlow used his leverage to blackmail Sookie into becoming his fairy vampire bride because he thinks they’re fated to be together. Sookie was buying into it, too. I sort of bought in to Sookie’s change of heart. She considered giving up her light and being human (maybe if Sam hadn’t been previously occupied, she might have gone that way) but finally decided to reject her parents completely and go in a non-human direction.

Personally, I really, really don’t want Sookie to become a fairy vampire and I don’t think she’s fated to become one, mostly because the whole hybrid thing strikes me as sort of silly, and because Sookie’s humanity is pretty much the emotional basis of the book series. And I still think Warlow has ulterior motives. Or was lying to Sookie. Or both. I bet she was thinking of that when she was in the bathroom remembering that scary thing she saw. That *was* supposed to be Warlow, wasn’t it? And Sookie called Bill a “motherfucking monster”. Doesn’t sound like she really wants to be anything like him, does it?

We got a Bill versus Eric scene — and even though Bill came out the victor in a physical sense, Eric came out ahead in the responsibility and emotion department. I’m only sorry that we still haven’t gotten anything substantial in the Sookie/Eric department for two freaking seasons. I thought, for just a second or two, that we might finally get something tonight. But no; it’s like Eric doesn’t care about Sookie at all. And Sookie didn’t even seem to care about the fate of Eric and his vampire family. Did I just imagine season four?

Ah, Sarah Newlin. What a wicked web we weave. But murder by stiletto? Really? And the feeding frenzy beneath made me think of Shark Week. Sarah Newlin really needs to become a vampire, doesn’t she? Look at what it did for her ex. (I knew the moment James told Steve not to drink the TruBlood that it was a mistake.)

And poor Jason. Victimized by Sarah Newlin, and now he’s become the plaything of a type 1 vampire named Violet. I still feel a bit sad that Jessica and James were writhing in passion while Jason was thrown to the wolves. Or more appropriately, sharks.

The were/shifter part of the show was a bit more compelling this week. Sam cleaning out Terry’s locker was touching. And Alcide has thankfully left the Pack, and shown up to tell Sam where Nicole and her mother were. It looked like Sam was about to offer Alcide a job. If they just wrote out the Pack stuff, I’m glad. But I wish it didn’t feel like they just wrote Terry Bellefleur out and replaced him with a more popular character.

And come on. Nicole is pregnant with Sam’s pup? We just freaking met her! Sam just freaking met her! Luna just died, like, five minutes ago! Talk about writing someone out and replacing them?

The funeral parlor scene was enjoyable. I wanted Arlene to put her foot down and give Terry the funeral he would have wanted, and she did. I liked that Holly backed her up, too. And that Arlene didn’t give up the insurance money. Although I’m having a hard time picturing Arlene as a rich woman.

Bits and pieces:

— Courtney Ford returned as Portia Bellefleur. Mrs. Bellefleur was recast, though. I don’t remember her on “Who’s the Boss”.

— Nicole’s mother called Sam the “silver fox”. No, he’s usually a dog.

— Rikki and two other female weres trying to take over the Pack was reminiscent of a plot in one of the books.

— When Eric glamoured Holly’s sons, he said he was sorry to take away the one’s memory of taking Adilyn’s shirt off. That was rather sweet.

— At one point, Sookie wearing an angel tee shirt that I remember from a couple of seasons ago. It was a nice reminder of how human she used to be.

— Sookie told Sam that part of her had always thought they’d wind up together. Gee, I wonder where that came from?

— Adilyn needs to take how to conceal that you’re mind-reading lessons from Sookie.

Quotes:

Eric: “Are you taking me for a ride with your mind, Bill?”

Sookie: “Fucking eternity? Couldn’t he just ask me to go to the movies with him next week? It’s like all men are incapable of just wanting to date me.”
LOL.

Jessica: “Did you just have sex with him?”
Pam: “I did.”
Jessica: “How was it?”
Pam: “Oozy, but productive.
LOL again.

Sookie: “Death is just a fucking pit stop on a road that keeps on going with no end in sight.”
No, she’s not depressed.

Maybe not as enjoyable as last week’s, and of course I’m speaking only for myself, but not bad at all,

Billie Doux

(Billie Doux and her friends review their favorite shows at Doux Reviews.)

I’m a hopeless sci-fi geek and huge fan of shows like True Blood, Lost, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I write episode reviews and articles about many of the shows that I love. All of my reviews are at DouxReviews.com

1. Andromeda

August 4, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. I’m still a fan of the old Bill and still want to see him and Sookie end up together – which I know won’t happen, but darn it, I want it to – so I thought the scenes between him and Sookie were so sad, the way Bill just did not care. But basically all of Sookie’s scenes were pretty sad, the desperate way she was looking for someone to tell her not to do it and she just couldn’t find anyone who cared.

Nicole is pregnant? Ugh. Sorry, I just do not care about that character. At all. I really am not looking forward to them spending any screen time on Nicole’s Baby Drama.

2. Mel

August 4, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I’m not at all pleased with this turn of events for the Silver Fox. Sam’s going to try to do the right thing by Nicole and his baby, but at what personal cost? Also, given his track record, should we even bother getting attached to his new family?

Really loved the scene between Sookie and Sam, though, even if she does have horrible timing. In fact, BECAUSE she has horrible timing. I liked that Sam called her out on keeping him on the back burner while she went for “more dangerous guys”. That hurt, but it’s not untrue. Still, we had a glimpse of how close their friendship is, even if they haven’t spent much time together recently.

Re: Eric & Sookie, they more or less said goodbye to each other in the first ep of the season, reminiscing about “the girl in the white dress”. She’s trying to extract herself from the vampire world, including Eric and Bill, and instead got herself in deeper with Warlow. I expect she and Eric will reconnect in the finale.

Poor Jason. Violet sounds like a female Franklin Mott and I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

• Toni

August 5, 2013 at 12:34 am

Yeah but Tara and her big mouth had to ruin things for Jason. The way Willa was willing to protect him and she didn’t know him spoke volumes about her character. I’m kind of hoping they keep her around just for Jason. Does anyone know how Eric got into fairy just by drinking Andy’s daughter’s blood and does drinking from Warlow give him the ability to day walk like Bill? I wonder if Sookie will go to vamp camp to save her vampires and her brother now that she knows Eric went?

• Lane

August 5, 2013 at 10:27 am

The Willa character is starting to grow on me. As for Eric and taking a drink of Andy’s daughter, he drank enough to be able to see past the fairy defenses and find Warlow. It was reminiscent of Russell drinking the elder fairy and being able to see the fairy club. Eric will probably be able to daywalk with Warlow’s blood similar to Bill…oh lawd Eric Northman kissed by sunlight…yes please!! Anyways, not sure how long the effects will last, permanently or slowly wear away?

• Stephanieb

August 5, 2013 at 8:02 pm

I don’t think Tara ruined it.. She kinda saved Willa from the hurt Violet would’ve put on her. And I don’t think Willa knew enough to say “he is mine”.

• Anja R

August 5, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Except Franklin was actually funny…”Tara…Look how fast I can type ‘muthafucka\'” This Violet isn’t funny or even likeable.

3. Rina

August 4, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Billie, I think you missed the point that the only reason Sookie was agreeing to Warlow’s “proposal” was to save Eric and his family and Jessica. She certainly wasn’t acting like a happy bride, cursing her dead parents, dressing in a funeral dress, and going to a cemetery with a former lover turned enemy.

• Traci West

August 5, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Actually, the graveyard scene shows that Sookie isn’t doing it for her vampire friends. She’s doing it to spite her parents. If you will recall, she tells them that she’s going to become what they feared the most, and that the happy events of her childhood were wiped out by her parents trying to kill her to keep her away from Warlow. She says, “I would rather walk the world as a living corpse for eternity than be buried beside the two of you.” Sounds like spite to me! Saving her friends is just icing on the cake.

4. Rina

August 4, 2013 at 11:59 pm

I think Eric does care about Sookie. He mocked Bill for being afraid to pick a fight with his precious Sookie, but it’s not like Eric was willing to pick a fight with her himself, and he had the perfect opportunity at the cemetery. No, he went behind Sookie’s back and attacked Warlow, who was trying to claim Sookie.

• Jessica

August 8, 2013 at 2:39 am

Eric didn’t know that Sookie was being claimed by Warlow though. He’s was just doing it to save and protect the vampires in the compound (based in the preview for next week’s episode).

That’s what I got from it anyway.

5. Latasha

August 5, 2013 at 1:14 am

After Sookie made her decision to be turned by Wardlow, she connected with everyone she could accept Eric. What’s up with that? I believe Eric would have changed her mind.

6. Jg6864

August 5, 2013 at 6:53 am

Hi – just wanted to say I was really irritated with Sookie in that Sam scene for a couple of reasons. He was totally right when he called her out AND she worried about who is going to be her boyfriend if she gets rid of her light!?! It just seemed so self centered of her and whatever she chooses to do (become a fae vamp or lose her light), it should not depend on her love life – it makes it look like our heroine is making her choice based on which man she would end up with.

7. Vampiremaniac

August 5, 2013 at 7:27 am

1. I still can’t believe that Sookie tried to connect with Sam! I mean, the last time they were in the same room seems it was at S1! When she showed to him the energy ball I thought she want him to help her find a way to reabsorb the ball to her when she finally throw it (I hope after she become hybrid to remain fae 4ever).
    2. It is so hard that she accepted her fate.
    3. I can’t believe Nicole is pregrant. Naughty Sam!
    4. I was so sure that Eric was gonna kill Holly’s kids and Andy’s remaining daughter, he was creepy, cocky and possessive. So glad he didn’t.
    5. Sarah was so funny, I found her fighting scene so hillarious! I am still laughing!
    6. Willa is turning to be such a good vamp. She wanted to protect Jason without even knowing her! What a fine addition to the cast, I hope they keep her around!
    7. Violet is a violent bitch! She needs a good hit with Sookie’s energy ball ASAP!
    8. Steve was SO funny! “It is scientifically impossible to be so slow!” Sarah, now I love you even more!
    9. My fav scene is where Sookie was sending her parents to hell. But to be honest, I am pretty sure I would prefer to kill my child than to deliver her to someone who was gonna turn her a bloodsucking monster. I mean, Ben is almost 5500 years old and still he can’t control himself and needs to feed every day! Ewww!…
    10. So glad that Alcide decided that he is not made packmaster. He is good at heart and power corrupts him easily. Hope to see the good wolf again.

• Toni

August 5, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Vampiremaniac, you are refreshing.

• Vampiremaniac

August 5, 2013 at 6:28 pm

And you are always in the mood to give compliments, thank you! After all, I always see the glass half-full. 😉 And I agree with your comments, especially the one about Tara and Willa. Tara ruined Jason’s salvation and Willa seems to be a fine addition to the cast!

8. Granna

August 5, 2013 at 7:57 am

Great review, Billie! The episode, over all, seemed so sad to me. And I agree. Sookie seems definitely depressed. Maybe because she hasn’t been able to find “the girl in the white dress” yet? Stuff just keeps piling on.

I watched the episode 3 times last night, with closed captioning on, but still couldn’t tell for sure if Warlow was dead or alive at the end of the episode. I know Eric drained him, but how badly? To the point of death?

9. MB

August 5, 2013 at 8:01 am

I thought this was a really good episode – it just flew by. It has bothered me quite a bit to see Sookie become so dark, and angry over the past couple of seasons – and increasingly acting less and less like the Sookie we all know and love. She has annoyed me quite a bit. This was the first episode I actually felt sorry for her. In her mind, her parents committed the ultimate betrayal. And then she reached out to several people for a lifeline – Bill, Jason, Sam – and felt rejected/abandoned by all of them. She just seemed so alone and depressed in this episode, it was sad. But I’m struggling a bit with her decision to become Warlow’s fairy vampire bride. It seems partly to save her friends. But then it also seems as if she’s just given up. I certainly don’t think any of it was motivated for love of Warlow, although she does seem to care for him a little – how much of that is because she’s lonely, and lost?

So, how awesome was Eric this episode? I loved him taking matters into his own hands – rather than waiting for Sookie to bring Warlow to Bill, he went to find Warlow himself. And this inadvertently saved Sookie from having to enter into that horrible pact with Warlow. I’m guessing Sookie will still find herself drawn to Warlow to escape the pain she’s feeling, but in the end I don’t think Eric will allow her to be turned. He has proven to be the most loyal of all the characters on the show – who would have thought?

10. TeamSook

August 5, 2013 at 8:30 am

This ep was sad (but not in a bad way). Packed with emotion. Dang Sookie almost made me cry a little. I found her very relatable at some point. Feeling like you really are on your own and you cant fight your destiny. Exellent character devolopment! And loved Bill and Sookie secnes! Love it when she stands up for herself and not taking anyone’s crap anymore. GO SOOKIE! Team Sook!!!!

11. Tigerlily_swirl

August 5, 2013 at 9:01 am

I really enjoyed most of last night’s episode. Like a few others, I felt sad at times; I felt sad for Sookie, Warlow (when Bill and Sook found him), Arlene (but she was a hoot at the funeral home when she was outside with Holly and Andy), and Jason (he is stuck with crazy Violet). The episode was also crazy, Sarah is a psychopath and the fight between Alcide and Rikki, wow! Lastly, it was a bit disappointing as well. I am not diggin’ the Nicole pregnant by Sam storyline. I wanted her to just get on a plane and leave, I do not care for her character at all. If they decide to play this storyline out next season, I will just wait until the episodes are on On-Demand and fast forward through those parts. Can’t wait to see next Sunday’s episode!

12. K2kol

August 5, 2013 at 9:35 am

Great review Billie! I am totally with you on Eric/ Sookie… Are we supposed to forget about seasons 2-4??? I am not loving the direction Eric has been taking for the last few seasons… starting with screwing his sister 10 minutes after Sookie broke up with him… It’s been downhill from there. I agree with Mel. I think Eric and Sookie said their good-bye in EP1… I’ve heard rumors that Alex is leaving the show, so I kind of think that may be, now don’t freak out, that Sookie may kill Eric in the season finale… I am just putting it out there… It seems like just the stupid thing the writers would do.

Other comments… Don’t mind Nicole, but seriously, it’s only been a week since Luna died! Really?? How quickly we forget. Violet is just plain weird. Is that some kind of Italian accent she’s doing? Although Jason doesn’t seem to mind all that much. Sarah Newlin is CRA-ZY… she would make an interesting vampire. And someone, please kill Steve Newlin already! Don’t care about Alcide and pack stuff anymore… but I do wish he’d killed Rikki… she’s a B… And, WHY bother glamouring Holly’s sons not to remember if you were not going to glamour/ kill Adilyn??

• vela

August 5, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I totally agree with you about Eric. I am still not feeling all the suffering for Nora’s death, I think the reason is that I never really like Nora because as you said they were screwing 10 minutes after Eric and Sookie broke up. I am still hoping for a Sookie Eric reunion, but a real one, not like season 4 with that out of character Eric. For now, please take Warlow out of that silly fairy plane.

I think the problem with true blood, It’s that they don’t know how to incorporate a new love interest for their characters without making us feel like they are cheating their previous lovers. So, at the end it just feel wrong, point with Sam and Nicole, poor Luna.

• Jesse

August 6, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Eric couldn’t glamour Adilyn cause Fairies can’t be Glamoured. I am not sure why he didn’t kill Adilyn, but it could have been just a pramatic case of once she is dead then Sookie is the last Fairy left and what would he do if he needed more fairy blood at a future point of time?

• Traci West

August 6, 2013 at 5:33 pm

What surprises me is that Eric didn’t jump Sookie and feed from her when they were in the graveyard. After all, Eric blames Sookie for Nora’s death because she didn’t bring Warlow to give his blood to cure her (even though Nora herself said it wouldn’t do any good). Feeding off Sookie would have been a way to get even.

August 6, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I think Eric didn’t drain Adilyn because he really didn’t want to kill her. He just needed enough to get into semefairie.

13. Lane

August 5, 2013 at 10:44 am

My TB friend and I enjoyed last night’s episode and it saddened me to witness Sookie’s desperate attempt for someone to say “The life you are living is something beautiful and worthwhile.” It killed me when Sookie and Sam were hugging because he’s liked her for so long but she’s always just….didn’t pay him any mind. Also, what the hell Sam, Luna’s been dead for what…a week… and already you moved on.

I may be in the minority here regarding Sookie/Warlow, but I just can’t find it in me to give two cents to the Warlow character. I feel that he’s not being very honest about things, especially since he dumped Niall in the other world (has any of Niall’s kin noticed his absence….ok Jason was glamored, but Sookie…Hello!) but I digress…I found myself practically yelling at the tv when he kept telling Sookie that he’s loved her for thousands of years…blah blah blah. She fell for it hook line and sinker. How can he love a person for so long…without ever meeting them. Sookie was promised before she was even a possibility, how can she believe his eternal devotion…to an ideal. I’m too cynical.

• Vampiremaniac

August 5, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Yes! Thank you! And Sookie heard Jason’s voice mail where he said: “Sookie, you are safe with Niall”! Why Sookie doesn’t give a f*ck where Niall is? He was willing to devote the rest of his life to protect her and she… Well, yes, DARK Sookie is here.

August 5, 2013 at 4:37 pm

First of all, please watch your language. No matter what happens on the show we still like to keep things tame here. Second of all, neither Jason nor Sookie realize that he’s missing. If they don’t realize that he’s missing/gone how could they be concerned about him?

• Vampiremaniac

August 5, 2013 at 6:37 pm

1.Ooops! Sorry! Won’t happen again!
          2. I believe it is pretty clear that he is missing. Sookie hasn’t seen him for a while and he was on a rescue mission for her (=danger!). I am beginning to realize that Sookie didn’t really like him and she is not concerned about him. At all. After all, she tried to find someone to stop her from what she is about to do but couldn’t find anyone. She literally has no one (well, only Jason who is unavailable). She is another person now. We will have to wait to see where this leads…

• Traci West

August 5, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I agree; it makes no sense that Warlow keeps saying he’s been waiting for Sookie for over 6,000 years. I refuse to believe that he couldn’t have found a full-blooded fae bride if he had really tried. Or is it simply that Warlow is such an arrogant snob that only a female from Niall’s bloodline would be suitable for him?

• Toni

August 5, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Traci-west he could have had Claudine or Claudette. It’s a shame TrueBlood didn’t care enough to answer our why it had to be Sookie and not someone else of the blood line

August 5, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Maybe it’s something as simple as this: since Sookie is the center of the story, they have to drive that storyline. It’s what they created. Sure, Warlow could have done things the way you might think but then he wouldn’t be involved in Sookie’s story in Bon Temps, on True Blood, anywhere at all. This is how they’ve written his part in Sookie’s life. It could just be that simple.

• Jesse

August 6, 2013 at 6:33 am

We still don’t know enough about the contract that was signed between Warlow and Johnny Stackhouse. Niall didn’t seem overly concerned regarding Warlow going after any fairy but called that signing that contract a stupid mistake by one of his sons. And Warlow doesn’t seem to care about any fairy except Sookie. There must be more to it than a simple betrothal and we simply do not know it yet.

• Traci West

August 6, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I have a theory: fae marriage contracts have a specific type of magic to them. Since you’re talking about arranging a marriage between two strangers, the magic of the contract involves causing the betrothed couple to fall in love with each other. This would explain two things. First, the fairy Elder’s comment last season that there was a reason why Sookie was attracted to fangs; two, the ambivalence regarding Sookie’s feelings. I think the contract is influencing her fae blood to have feelings for Warlow, but her human half realizes that her feelings are being manipulated.

• Vampiremaniac

August 5, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I think Warlow was pretty clear on this, he wants a royal fae. Claudine wasn’t a direct royal descendant, right? Only Sookie is…

• Lane

August 6, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Traci,

I was wondering the same thing about his insistence on Sookie but I think I may have had an answer to my question: he singled out the Stackhouses because of their connection to Niall and the royal bloodline. When he mates with a human, he can carry on the royal line with half-human/half-fairy heirs. Maybe? Perhaps? I must say though that if Sookie does end up as a half-fairy/half-vampire, I might be a bit disappointed. It seems that she is really coming into her own fairy powers this season and as she goes darker in her humanity, the embracing of her fairy light will save her. Oh True Blood how you give me heart palpitations

• Traci West

August 6, 2013 at 5:38 pm

But surely there are other royal bloodlines other than Niall’s? While Niall is a king, he said he was the king of his tribe. This argues that there are more than one fae tribe. Warlow may have been able to approach other royal fae tribes in order to contract a marriage. Also, IMHO, if Sookie decides to go through with being turned, she won’t be Sookie anymore. Don’t forget, both Eric and Bill loved her, and neither one even contemplated turning her, probably for that reason.

14. christina

August 5, 2013 at 10:45 am

Ok people, raise ur hand if u actually think sookie is going to be a vampire/fairy. We all know this is another drag of a storyline. I mean, its been countless times sookie has put herself in a corner to decide whether she wants to be normal or different. Its getting really dull and predictable. Seriously, isn’t anyone tired of watching sookie debate herself? Btw, I disagree that billilith is the victor. But to each his/her own. Peace out

• Anja R

August 5, 2013 at 12:33 pm

*Hopeful hand raised*

• christina

August 6, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I also hope so, but reality says otherwise. I just want this storyline to be over and start fresh. And enough with the “to be or not to be” from sookie. After 6 seasons she still can’t make definite choices, WTF?

15. Kim

August 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Sookie will agree to Warlow to save her friends, but only if he turns her AFTER he helps. Then, she will use her Faery ball and kill the vampire in Warlow, leaving the Faery part. She can’t be turned then. I’m hoping Lafayette can get Lillith out of Bill with his ability.

• Lane

August 5, 2013 at 1:14 pm

This is a solid theory, I never thought of that. Sookie’s fire ball could kill the vampirism of Warlow but it would also turn Sookie into a human unless there is some way that it re-absorbs but I don’t think it will.

• Lou

August 5, 2013 at 1:39 pm

When they made love and that light shown brightly… perhaps he can recharge her light?

• Lane

August 6, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Lou, that’s true about the light recharge. I know in the fairy club that her cousins recharged her light a little bit but maybe now that Warlow and Sookie bonded in the vampire way of having each other’s blood and being “betrothed” by fairy contract that the light when they joined was a jump start to her sputtering battery

• Traci West

August 5, 2013 at 4:37 pm

And leave Lafayette possessed by Lilith? That doesn’t solve anything!

• Kim

August 5, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I meant Lala could get her out, not possess him. Would never want that!

• christina

August 5, 2013 at 5:00 pm

same old same old. I wish they could really change things up a bit. permanently.

• Traci West

August 6, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I though that, but what about getting Lilith out of Bill? What would prevent him from simply turning Warlow again, using his Lilith-enhanced blood to do so? Would Warlow’s full fae abilities be able to destroy Lilith? And would Bill survive the process?

16. Lou

August 5, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Didn’t Jason get injected with Hep V when he was signing the final paperwork before Sarah came in? So technically, Violet will die??? I know they injected him with something. Sarah is completely NUTS! I think she should be turned into a vampire just to torment her or maybe she needs some time in Eric and Pam’s dungeon. Ohhh get Steve to turn her! 🙂 I wonder if Arlene will ask LaLa to call for Terry at some point… perhaps to help her get some closure since going after the guy that killed him would negate the insurance policy. I am torn about Sookie being turned into a hybrid. It would be neat to see her kick some major ass when she needs to and not so dependent upon her vamp friends, but not sure where the writers will go with that. And if Warlow has been waiting for thousands of years for this partnership (yet the agreement with John Stackhouse was only made 200-300 years ago) there has to be more to this than he is letting Sookie know about. I want Niall back too! Wondering when Sookie is going to ask Warlow if he knows where Niall is. I was wondering why Sam kept sniffing Nicole’s hair… he can smell a pregnancy within the first week? Or just when the offspring is his? Alcide, so glad he left the pack, but it was so abrupt. So that’s it, beat up Ricki and then leave? So is she packmaster now and will they continue to go after them? Stand off at Merlotte’s? So many what it’s but I am really loving this season.

August 5, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Jason was not injected with HepV, they put a micro-chip in his arm so he could unlock the doors and get into the rooms inside the vamp camp. Sarah had it dug out of his arm before throwing him in with the lady vamps.

• Anja R

August 5, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Ohhhhh….nice catch! That makes more sense

• Jg6864

August 5, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Hi Liz – (love this site, by the way!) are you sure it was a micro chip – because I was wondering why Eric, Willa an Nora needed the hand to get in? Maybe because it was a higher security clearance?

August 5, 2013 at 10:14 pm

It looked like they were digging something out of him, making sure he’d bleed. An injection wouldn’t have left a hole in his wrist.

August 6, 2013 at 10:00 am

Yes a microchip would have the code to unlock doors, wouldn’t it? That’s what I’m talking about. Like the kind of chip they put in pets so we can locate them when lost, only this one opens doors.

• JG6864

August 6, 2013 at 11:37 am

Actually, now that you mention it that does make much more sense. I thought they were using handprints to get in and out of doors, and just cut him to make him bait while in gen pop…..Thanks!

• Lou

August 7, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Didn’t even catch the microchip and I was wondering why she was digging so much into his arm. Thanks!

• Jg6864

August 5, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Yes, Jason was injected – I do also think Violet will die from Hep V . I think the writers have her claiming Jason in there so Pam, Tara, Jess and Willa don’t drink from him and get it, too.

August 6, 2013 at 10:04 am

The character of Violet is already going to be a part of season 7. She’s not going to die this season. 😉

• JG6864

August 6, 2013 at 11:39 am

All I have to say about that is “oh yuck!”

17. Rebecca

August 5, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Sookie willing to become Warlow’s fae/vampire bride. Anyone who has been watching True Blood knows happy endings just aren’t in the cards….for anyone. Waiting for that twist to put Sookie back on the human track.

It was sad that everyone Sookie turned to was unavailable or really didn’t give a care about her. No wonder she yelled at her parents and donned a black dress.

I agree with others who posted that Violet is like Franklin Mott…would be nice if Tara saved Jason from Violet since he saved her from Franklin.

Yay! Alcide is out of the Pack! Hopefully we will get a meaningful storyline for Alcide now.

As I’ve previously stated, Sarah is on my last nerve. Now that she is untethered from Governor Burrell, she has become unhinged. Hope someone finishes her off soon.

So I’m guessing everyone in the white room is going to have to feed off Eric, but will he get there in time to save everyone and will there be enough blood to go around? I’m afraid James and Steve may not be so lucky.

Poor Adilyn needs some vampire repellant…and “quiet the mind reading” lessons.

Arlene is really having a tough time with the female Bellefleurs. How can Auntie and Portia not realize that Terry’s military service is what made him a basket case and that this very military service should NOT be celebrated?

Still think Arlene should buy out Sam and take over Merlotte’s. Lafayette can handle the day-to-day operations, and everyone can pour their hard earned money into Arlene’s pockets. Then Sam and Nicole can run off and try to live happily ever after, but again in the True Blood world, not in the cards…for anyone.

• Vikingrl

August 5, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Rebecca; I agree with you. I think Eric will find “his family” and let them drink his blood and they will be spared. Question is then, will they all be able to day-walk? That would be pretty cool. (Change the series a lot) but cool.

18. Traci West

August 5, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Have you noticed that the Shreveport pack tends to attract, and be led by, various and sundry psychopaths? Martha’s son, Marcus, was a psychopath; JD Carson, Martha’s second husband, ended up getting the pack hooked on V and turned them into Russell Edgington’s lapdogs. By the time Alcide became packmaster, the pack had become psychologically twisted, to the point that Rikki would be considered to be the “normal” choice as packmaster.

19. Traci West

August 5, 2013 at 4:59 pm

There has speculation as to whether Warlow will turn Sookie into a fae/vampire hybrid like himself. Here’s a better question: will it be possible?

Warlow’s reasoning is that if Sookie is like him, they will be able to use each other as an exclusive source of food, which means they won’t have to hurt humans in order to eat. There’s a major flaw in his reasoning, though.

Sookie is only part-fae; despite the vaunted purity of her bloodline, her powers are finite. There is no guarantee that they would survive the transformation. What if Warlow turns her, and she becomes only a typical vampire, who has to sleep in daytime? Or what if she uses up her fae powers after her transformation? Would Warlow kill her for not meeting his expectations?

20. Toni

August 5, 2013 at 5:20 pm

This episode was great but still left a lot of doors open to how the season finale could go. Andy had a rifle pointing at something or someone? Jason could clue Eric in on what’s going on with Sookie and Eric could get caught in the cross fire of the Billith/Benlow/Sookie show down? As for Sookie it appears she wants to become a vampire to spite her parents. I hope she chooses her maker wisely. The vamp camp/Lillith/Warlow carried over from season 5. I hope in season 7 something new, exciting, and just as explosive comes to Bon Temps. Brian Buckner rose to the occasion as the show’s front runner and promises to tie up loose ends let’s hope vamp camp/Lillith/Warlow is wrapped up so the show can move on.

21. rcox

August 5, 2013 at 5:36 pm

I think Eric and Sookie still love each other. Sookie’s only concern was to find a way to help her Friends including Eric. That is why she took Bill into Fairyland. Eric is having to deal with the emotional loss of his Sister, Vampire exstintion. I just hope they don’t kill him or Warlow off, So they can do the blood bond storyline. In season four ERic and Sookie shared blood and Eric stated they were one. In the books this was the same as a Vampire marriage.

• Toni

August 5, 2013 at 5:57 pm

rcox, I think Bill killed that theory when he gave Sookie so much blood after she got shot in Season 4. Her body was rejecting Bill’s blood and then it started responding. I would love for that moment to have some meaning since their time together meant so little to Sookie but it didn’t

22. Toni

August 5, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I am happy with this episode we got a glimpse of new Sookie and old Sookie. I know now if she resorts to being with Eric she would be strong enough to walk by his side and no longer considered as his weakness

23. Anja R

August 5, 2013 at 6:37 pm

This episode was good as far as the plot – but also felt a little awkward in places.
    1. Jason being stuck with that Violet psycho vamp? I don’t like the plot, and can’t stand her voice. Why is the actress talking like that? It’s like she’s trying to imitate Pam, but can’t pull it off (slow, drawn out, low voice. Pam sounds sexy, Violet sounds like a drunk smoker). Maybe the writers wanted to create a way for Jason to be safe in the female gen-pop room, and not put “our” vampires (Pam, Tara, Jessica, WIlla) in danger of being attacked by the others. Either way, I put the sound on MUTE whenever she talks.

Actually, all awkwardness was when there was any scene involving Violet
    2. I love the way Sam and Bill both put Sookie in her place. Sam said the obvious: he can’t keep being her back-up guy. Btw, when did she decide that Sam would be the guy she’s ultimately with? That’s selfish – and bizarre as a plot. Sookie goes through all these supernatural experiences and growth as a character, thinking that she has met the love of her life (twice – Bill and Eric – hopefully Warlow soon!)…and then she’s going to “settle” for Sam. They seem like they’ve reached “friend-zone.”

3. Someone needs to give Arlene a tranquilizer! I know she’s upset and Terry just died, but I’m tired of her shrill and often insulting outbursts. I wouldn’t mind her death at this point. Then again, Merlotte’s does still need at least 1 waitress besides Holly.

4. That fight between Sarah and the True Blood chick was hilarious!! “WHAT. THE. FUCK!” And when she kicked Sarah while screaming out in Japanese “Don’t fuck with me!” Multiple laughs. The end was gruesome though.

5. When is Adilyn going to use her fairy light? Couldn’t she have used it on Eric, even a little? And when is she going to use her fricking common sense? What is she doing outside at night?? At least we got another cute father-daughter moment.

24. Brandon L Williams

August 5, 2013 at 7:23 pm

So has anyone thought of the fact that when Warlow went for water he left his pregnant wife and returned 3 years later and spared the life of 2 yr old Niall…Is Warlow his father?? and if so is he marrying his great (6000 yrs worth)grand daughter? Hope someone can answer cuz its driving me crazy 4 realz.

• Vampiremaniac

August 5, 2013 at 8:38 pm

No, if you rewatch carefully, Niall’s mother was hugging another fae before she warned Niall to stay in the tent. After all, Ben (when he was still fae and Niall’s mother still pregrant) asked her “How long?”. I am pretty sure he would know if he was the father. Last but not least, if she was his wife she would run on him when he returned, not just his parents.

25. Stephanieb

August 5, 2013 at 7:59 pm

It seems I’m in the minority by actually liking the Sam and Nicole pairing. Yes Luna is dead. It’s sad. But Arlene and LaLa are pretty much the only ones on TB that didnt immediately jump into bed with someone else after losing loved spouse. Give the girl a chance. And it’s nice to see Tara taking Willa under her wing. She was smart to stop Willa from going near Jason. Violet is the H.B.I.C. I love that Eric is back to his old self. And I soooo want Sookie to end up with Benlow.

• christina

August 5, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Whatever makes true blood less relatable to the books is fine by me. So yes, I like that alcede isn’t part of the pack, eric isn’t considered the bad guy all the time. sam is not the rebound and he’s not spending his life waiting on sookie. He has moved on. And the best part is that lala is still alive.

• Jesse

August 6, 2013 at 6:42 am

I wouldn’t have minded the Nicole character normally but Luna was a great character and deserved better then being replaced this quickly.
      Also the Actress that played Luna will be one of the Media Guests at GenCon next week and I will be going 🙂

August 6, 2013 at 9:52 am

That’s wonderful, Jesse! Take lots of pictures and be sure to share your experience with us. We have to live vicariously through you!

And I agree with you about Luna and Nicole.

26. Lidia

August 5, 2013 at 11:31 pm

I thought Jason being “in love” 4 or 5 times in 18 months was pushing it, but Sam declaring his love for Nicole had me screaming at the tv for the first time in 6 seasons! It seems Sam has some serious co-dependant issues! I know that due to the slow lapses in time on this show that characters have to evolve quickly to get the story moving, but this story line is just ridiculous, Luna has only been dead for a week!

Anyone else noticed how long Alcide’s hair has grown in a week (from episode 1)? Guess we can put that down to a Ware thing lol!

27. Buckspa

August 6, 2013 at 9:49 am

I had been enjoying this season with warlow story line. I had this ridiculous notion their story would loosely resemble the prince Dracula, princess Mina love story…albeit dark,evil and tragic but compelling and romantic nonetheless. (Does anyone recall warlow telling sookie in second episode, she reminded him of his first love from highschool)?
    Anyhoo.., I have this bad feeling the warlow love story has climaxed, we will learn nothing more of his past, the contract, their destiny or fairy history in general. (At least for this season) The story line has shifted completely to whether sookie decides she wants to be a vampire, and who will save her. I wish she could be a bit more cerebral and less emotional, and ask warlow more questions….trust but validate!