True Blood Round Table Discussion: “Dead Meat”

In this week’s round table discussion we’re talking about Sookie’s decision, broken hearts, Sarah’s rage and more from the latest episode of True Blood, Dead Meat.

[divider]

Round Table Discussion: Dead Meat

What was your favorite quote or scene from the episode?
Leigh: “Oozy but productive.” Oh, Pam. I love your humor.

Liz: Sookie’s “F**king eternity? Couldn’t he just ask me to go to the movies with him next week? It’s like all men are incapable of just wanting to date me.” That’s our Sook!

Chris: Sarah Newlin to Steve on the hamster wheel: “It is scientifically impossible for you to be this fucking slow!”

Which one of us best represents your own thoughts? Weigh in below!

1. emax

August 7, 2013 at 10:56 am

“I’m trying to decide if it’s going to be more uncomfortable in HERE or out there”
    “silver fox”

August 7, 2013 at 1:24 pm

LOL! Andy was so funny – and so good to Arlene. He’s certainly evolved since season 1.

2. Vampiremaniac

August 7, 2013 at 12:49 pm

For me, Sarah was the queen of that episode:
    “It is scientifically impossible to be that slow!”
    “Don’t tell me you are a fan!”
    ” (…) in a male-dominated industry (…)”
    “Don’t you dare run away from me!”
    “Die, die, die!”
    ” Thank you, Jesus!”

And Sookie:

“So **** you mama and daddy! And your kisses and your hugs!”.

August 7, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Sarah and Sookie were the stars of this episode for sure. And when Sookie said those words you quoted, I cried. She was so hurt and lost. First time I think we’ve seen that on this show.

• Vampiremaniac

August 7, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Yes, I got too depressed too. It is shocking if you realize that we saw Sookie and Jason so anxious to find Warlow and avenge their parents and all that only to find out that he killed them to protect Sookie. Although, I guess, he could just glamour them…
        And they still haven’t explained us why Warlow was like a pirate with that ridiculous clothes… Was he disguised? I don’t see why…

• Toni

August 9, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I don’t see the point of his disguise. We still don’t know why he was on the bridge that night to kill her parents or why he only smelled Sookie’s blood on a bandaid. I do know although his character is wasted space tied up in cemefairy at least Eric found a use for him.

• Toni

August 9, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Sarah and Steve stole the show on the hamster wheel “is it scientifically possible for you to be this F$$$$$ slow”. That and thank you Jesus had me laughing.

3. Toni

August 9, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I think when Sookie decides if she wants to be human or a fairy then someone will decide to date her I found her comment to be natural in pure Sookie fashion. I hint I would have loved her comment more if she didn’t proposition Sam and appear desperate.